• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Option 1 said:
So Mom said that I should be able to make my own voices. Like Nursy is for Mom.

But I don't think I'm doing it right yet.

Dad visited a bit ago, he had an Evildoer lollipop! It was super tastey but I could tell mom didn't want me to have it.

And Nursy took me away like when mom goes to work.

So we played with the ministers. I am getting better at staying small when I don't want to be big. I like giving Mr. 3:00 rides but I cant play hide and seek big.

When Nursy brought me back Dad was gone already, and mom was hiding it..but she was really angry.

She said I had to stay in my room. So here I am. Trying this psudo-partheno-genisis. Talking to my self until I answer.

guest@jasper.jadeheaven.earth.gov:$

Or

Option 2 said:
Magical Space Anthropologist Quest:

"Mom, I love you too." Anna Mizuno said, a little exasperated, the phone in the spaceport was expensive, and she needed to hurry.."Yes, I brought enough bras..yes even the 'lucky' one...love you, bye!" She slammed the phone down, harder than she meant to, and silently rebuked herself.

The young woman sent a pulse of magic checking that her phylactery was still on the chain around her neck. "Mom would never let me go if she found out I hadn't checked that. Get it together, Anna." She mumbled running on the moving side walk.

The wait until boarding felt like it took forever, but was only a few minutes. Flashing her passport and submitting to a retina and aura scan was fast, and pretty soon she was sitting next to an Atlantean couple, talking with them about coat checks.

However she soon begged off to start reviewing your preparatory readings. "Wouldn't want to start your trip on the wrong foot." She thought. She put in her headphones and started listening to:

[ ] Kin to the Stars: The Hell Ravens after exile
[ ] Witch Queens and Herdsmen
[ ] Catfolk of Ebon
[ ] First reports on the 'Squid' of Sigma 7
[ ] Write in.

I'm thinking of starting a quest, now that I'm familiar with the concept itself.
I have few ideas, so help me choose one you'd like to see, please.

-Highschool DxD: You play either as Issei or an OC, your choice at the start; it'll be an AU: you can choose your race, your basic abilities, SG if you have human blood, ecc.. You can even go for the canon Issei, but the event will partly AU at that point.

-To Aru Majutsu no Index: You play as Touma, but you'll have a totally different childhood and personality too: you'll retain Imagine Breaker but you can choose to become a magican or evolve as an esper. Mostly an AU, just like the one above.

-Magi: The Labirinth of Magic: You're an OC (No Alibaba or Aladdin :^) ) that you'll create at the start: you'll choose to either be a Fanalis, a Magican or a normal Human/Gladiator (but still with magoi). You'll be free to do as you please (only limited by your social status obv) and you can wind up becoming a major force in the canon verse, alongside to Sindria and Kou, for example.

I'll start with one, the others will be kept for later.

I'll probably do that one then: if someone want to vote he still can, I'll still count him.
Dark Ness maybe you could be interested?

I would, but I didn't read either of the bottom two and I never caught up with high school DxD.

Magi is set in an Arabic World lived by Super powered Humans, Magican and Djinns (Genies).
To aru is a story about a city where they develop esper powers; there are magicans too.
I'll do the magi one since there aren't any and it could be interesting: it's also easy to learn its mechanics.

Sure, go ahead. I can't promise any meaningful contributions, though, since I don't know the source.

I got an idea stuck in my head for a Quest/RP after watching the trailer for Horizon Zero Dawn, a post-apoc game where you play a member of a techno-tribal human community after an unknown catastrophe knocked out the last Golden Age.

Pretty standard stuff so far, but the main difference is that alongside your classic nature reclaims man's works thing, there are populations of evolved, animal-like robots that are likely the descendants of a possible robot rebellion. Hence techno-tribal human remnants since these machines can be hunted.

Any way, idea is stuck in my head of a similar scenario, only instead of humans, the quest character/party of players would part of tribal communities of intelligent humanoid robots after said catastrophe removed all of the humans instead of leaving remnants.

Thinking of using nWOD rules since I have that PDF, with some appropriate modifications if I do decide to do it, just don't know if anyone would be interested or whether to do a Quest or RP.

Idea that came up in SV's Huff Puff Quest:

You are a high priest of a certain God, as your fathers and mothers before you. In a world where there are many nations, many priests, and many Gods. However, since you have the local equivalent of a communication sciences degree (alchemist, receptarier, something like that), you decide to codify your experiences. God's miracles have always been accepted as ineffable, but are they really?

What prayers work best? What priests are most favored? What intonation, what words, what sacrifices, what actions are most beloved of God?

The Science of Magic Quest.

You are a high priest of a certain God, as your fathers and mothers before you. In a world where there are many nations, many priests, and many Gods. However, since you have the local equivalent of a communication sciences degree (alchemist, receptarier, something like that), you decide to codify your experiences. God's miracles have always been accepted as ineffable, but are they really?

What prayers work best? What priests are most favored? What intonation, what words, what sacrifices, what actions are most beloved of God?

As the person who started the discussion that led to this, I completely approve.

That reminds me a lot of Anthem from the webcomic "The Waterphoenix King".

What Kind of Chosen Kid? Adventure-Like(01/02)? Tamer? Digisoul User (Like Digimon Next or Savers) or maybe a General?
It's up to you, I will put it as a choice at the start: I won't do general as I don't really like xros wars, but I'll implement some features in the various series (that will still retains everything they have). I'm thinking that it could also use a world of one of the universes, but outside canon: like, if you choose this option You can be part of the Original Digidestined, or otherwise in a far future like the game Cyber Sleuth, ecc...

Well, there's Re:Digitize too

+

Thanks god, RNG.

So, we're going to be like a SI in canon, right? (I think i just described 50% of all fanfiction...)
Yes, that one too, but I'll admit that since the games never come out/still haven't come out in Europe/America I don't know perfectly all the plot, so it will be pretty much different outside the basic system, almost a different world.
Yes, the main choice is either be a SI in the canon groups or otherwise always someone in on the canon worlds but personally speaking I think the Tamers-verse is the better one as you can train and actually help your partner with cards.
I'll obviously put various choices for your partner, the mechanics will be the one of the chosen season, and I'll also use, even in canon characters from the games (like the best waifus Rina from Decode and Sayo from Dusk)

Yes, that one too, but I'll admit that since the games never come out/still haven't come out in Europe/America I don't know perfectly all the plot, so it will be pretty much different outside the basic system, almost a different world.

There's a full english patch here. I already beated the game ;)

Well, in Savers you can help your partner with your Willpower made Digital energy, or that's what a i got BantyoLiomon's explanation

There's a full english patch here. I already beated the game ;)

Well, in Savers you can help your partner with your Willpower made Digital energy, or that's what a i got BantyoLiomon's explanation
Well, I already knew of the patch but I was waiting mostly for the 3ds version of the game, but I'll give it a try, thanks.
The willpower of Saver doesn't really help outside aiding the digievolution of your partner, Damon uses it to punch but if you were to use it that way it would be not original at all.

The willpower of Saver doesn't really help outside aiding the digievolution of your partner, Damon uses it to punch but if you were to use it that way it would be not original at all.

If i remember right, in Next you can use the Digisoul to boost your Partner power, don't really remember too much about that manga

If i remember right, in Next you can use the Digisoul to boost your Partner power, don't really remember too much about that manga

Given that Marcus can use it to boost Agumon until it becomes Super!Agumon-Destroyer of Yggdrasil, yeah, boosting them outside of Level is totally possible. Plus, cannot you use it defensively? If you can Punch out a Royal Knight with that, why cannot you cover yourself and use it to block an attack? And didn't the People all over eart use it to push up the Digital World, Spirit Bomb style?

The kingdom of Sadanala has a long history of famous (or infamous) monarchs every so often.

Legend had it that the first King of Sadanala was a walking deity who saw the barren lands of Sadana and decided to make it his home. It said that he called down rain to sooth the parched land and raised up mountains to block the winds - grew grass and trees in the same breath as giving life to fawn and fowl.

From there, he broke his divinity apart to create the people of Sadanala and gave them gifts to help with the creation of the kingdom. The capitol Sadal was located in a miraculous position where the ocean met mountain, where forests were beside meadows, and where people could build farms or pick up crafts as they liked. The kingdom of Sadanala was one blessed where resources were plenty while still located in a position where it could easily defend any locations they would expand to. It was also unknown if it was Divine Will that made it so that the closest neighbor was many leagues away, allowing the kingdom to spread safely and securely.

From then, many generations has passed. Lore passed from history stated that the great God-King told his people that the gift he gave them will slowly fade away as the kingdom prospered and it was as he had stated. Much of the feats of what could be called "magic", has faded into insignificant powers that, while convenient, could no longer be compared to those spoken in legend. Many attempts had been made to recover this lost magic, but it was generally agreed that it was a natural thing - and people have accepted as something that is happening.

The current king - Albert Sanala the second (named after his father), was generally known as a wise and shrewed king... if a bit lecherous. Siring multiple children, the question of succession was always a topic of discussion. Each of the Princes and Princesses had their own strengths that were only known to them and the King, but for yourself...

[ ] You retained more of your heritage: While your 'magic' is similar to others, yours can be used more often or last longer.
[ ] You are foreordained - You can see hints of your future and they suggest what you can become.
[ ] You have knowledge since before your birth - while your body is one born in this time, you could remember basic information from the past.
[ ] You think differently - you find yourself able to split your attention on two things.

... and even at your tender age of 4, you knew there were great things you will do in the future.

You are...

[ ] Prince Augustus Sanala
[ ] Princess Annabelle Sanala
[ ] Write-in: Name must start with A*

... the third prince(ss) of Sadanala. And you want to be...

[ ] The next Queen of the Kingdom.
[ ] Write-in

A sort of different Kingdom Quest - you play as someone who is not directly in line for the throne and won't be unless you completely outshine your brothers, and generally not dealing with the geopolitical arena unless you do become someone important enough. Just an idea I had - I probably won't start this quest unless I get an overwhelming amount of people who wants to explore it.

Given that Marcus can use it to boost Agumon until it becomes Super!Agumon-Destroyer of Yggdrasil, yeah, boosting them outside of Level is totally possible. Plus, cannot you use it defensively? If you can Punch out a Royal Knight with that, why cannot you cover yourself and use it to block an attack? And didn't the People all over eart use it to push up the Digital World, Spirit Bomb style?
We never see anyone outside Marcus use it, so to me Digisoul is only a way to convey power and help the digievolution.
Just like Spirit Bomb, even if you have digisoul you only give it to help, but you don't use it directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back