• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Found this idea on SB and was wondering if anyone would like to take a crack at it.

It started with a mistake. A wrong word spoken at the wrong moment, offering a glimpse of perspective and truth. A wrong book offered at the wrong time, seemingly incomprehensible theory a bit too comprehensible, perhaps. A trip that lasted too long, kind words that might have smothered the drive left unspoken. A burning obsession, a mania that wouldn’t abate, fires fuelled by desperate need and an ocean of guilt.

A child dives into a sea of wonders.

When Emiya Kiritsugu returned from another unsuccessful expedition to the cold forests of rural Germany, he finds his adopted son greeting him with a wide, proud smile and a manic gleam in his eyes. The childish exuberance in his words, ‘I have cured death’, seems like a game of make-believe, like something a child might invent in the boring hours of the day to amuse himself.

Then the cat, mangy fur and unkempt appearance of a local stray, enters the room, a halting shuffle and unnatural gait. Gears click softly and pistons messily driven into muscle and bone rise and fall with an audible hiss. The sound it makes is recognizable, but only superficially so. Grinding gears and the whine of hydraulics, rather than something made by flesh and blood.

The boy claps his hands in delight, as if seeing a puppy or kitten perform an amusing trick. Emiya Kiritsugu can only stare in horror, his son’s question unheard.

‘Am I a sorcerer now?’

Hmm... If you're thinking of pulling or somewhat fusing 'Genius: the Transgression'... Then chances are that Shirou being a Spark, would have to contend not with Magi (like Rin...) But RIVAL Mad Scientists, who'd probably be pre-emptively killed before they say; make an Ether Liner, or Socially shunned by Society for commiting unethical experiments.

Magi would be a problem, too. Mad scientists tend to do things like true resurrection, time travel and immortality. Gaining that kind of power would be every magus' dream. Of course, attempts would be pointless, Genius Inspiration is a fundamentally personal thing and impossible to replicate, but every magus would be convinced he would be the one person to crack it. Still, for a change up, it's entirely possible to put the Clock Tower into position as the containment service, trying to prevent the Inspired from, say, building a doom cannon and blowing up London. They obviously can't be imprisoned, as the smoking crater that was the last such prison clearly demonstrates, so local members of the Clock Tower are saddled with baby-sitting duty, trying to keep things secret and container.

Killing them all would be an option, but Inspiration comes from direct contact with the Root gone wrong, so it's really a trade-off.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10415742/2/settings-and-mileaus

anyone think this could be a fun basis for a quest?

"So this is it Hero." The demon lord looks upon me with a malicious grin as if he just heard of a funny joke, even with a sword through his chest he looks completely unaffected. Twelve years, over a decade of his campaign against humanity and in the last two years we managed to break his armies, retake our cities and crush every plan he had and he still has that damn grin on his face like he already won!

"In all honesty I'm surprised. The third daughter of the high priest of the gods. No talent, no special abilities, a completely unremarkable girl." He pauses and his expression changes to one half part amusement, half part thoughtfulness. "To think all it would take to turn you into a hero was destroying everything you held dear! bwhahahah!" He lets out an evil laugh which turns to one of half pain as you twist the blade further into his chest making sure to be as vicious as possible.

"SHUT UP! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SPEAK ABOUT THEM LIKE THAT! IT WAS YOU WHO TOOK THEM AWAY! MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, MY HOME!"

"A shame i didn't get to kill your fiance in front of you too!" HE DARES! You stab him in the groin not caring about honor or dignity just wanting him to hurt! "Feisty! To think he left you just because you couldn't have children, if the rumors are true?" A sword flash later and his head is on the floor severed from his body. Anger boiling over you prepare to incinerate his body when the head speaks up again.

"You just don't get it do you Hero?" You can't stop an expression of shock from appearing on your face. You decapitated him and he still lives?!? It doesn't even look like its bothering him that much, which pisses you off even more! A fireball later and the head is nothing but ashes.

"Okay i can see why he would leave you instead of getting a mistress to have an heir with!" You stare at the newly grown head on the demons body and you snap!

"WHY! WONT! YOU! DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Slash after slash, spell after spell, everything you learned in order to get revenge on him! You unleash it all on him!

"guahahhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhahhhhhahhahahaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaah" He still has the audacity to laugh!?! to laugh at everything you went through?!? You let out a scream of rage and unleash your strongest spell, a forbidden technique you managed to find and learn in the tombs of the saints.

"................damn that actually hurt........guhe .......hehehehehehahahahahahahahahahaha!"

"When will you learn hero? I already won! You yourself have already admitted it. Those you care about lie dead, Your home? Ashes! The human kingdoms may have their cities back but at what cost?

You are painting from the exertion of casting the forbidden technique, but you won't let him gloat! "We may have lost a lot of people, but you lost all of your demonic armies! We hunted them down to the last one! You are the last pureblood demon left! The demon clans have been broken, completely extinct save for a few half demons who refused to join your side and remained neutral or joined me in my crusade against your tyranny! The image of esmeralda and amanda, twin half demons who would rather help humans and rebuild their lost home then continue with the mad demon lord campaign against humanity. The half blood merchant who would sell you equipment in return for the raw materials and gold also appears in your thoughts.

"muahahahahhahahahahahaha! Oh oh this is too rich!" He is laughing even harder and while you have no energy to continue beating him senseless Your right eyebrow starts twitching a sign that usually lead the generals of the army to start running in fear. You will make his suffering a thing of LEGEND!

"What do I care about the loss of a bunch of weaklings and half breed mutts? So what if I am the last pureblood?" He lets out another deranged laugh while you give him an incredulous stare? "You removed any opposition and rivalry to my rule. Honestly thank you hero! You saved me the trouble of killing them all myself!" He smiles at you some actual gratitude in his voice and expression but most of it is amusement.

You feel your anger boiling over again as your right eyebrow starts twitching even more and you feel like you got enough energy to blast him with another attack

[X] Blast him
[X] Blast him harder
[X] You know what? Screw this guy and his insane plan you will just keep on stabbing him til he dies, you stop being angry, or your sword breaks. Whichever comes first!
[X] "You actually wanted to destroy your own kind? What the hell is this?!?"

write in acceptable if it gets enough votes!

also what do you think guys? This little plot bunny started in my head today and i just couldn't get rid of it or put it on hold. I actually planned out where I want to go with this and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] You know what? Screw this guy and his insane plan you will just keep on stabbing him til he dies, you stop being angry, or your sword breaks. Whichever comes first!

In case anyone's interesting, I'm running a new quest to get my muse back in gear; Bakuda Quest, or How To Solve Problems With The Application Of Explosives!

[X] You know what? Screw this guy and his insane plan you will just keep on stabbing him til he dies, you stop being angry, or your sword breaks. Whichever comes last!

[X] You know what? Screw this guy and his insane plan you will just keep on stabbing him til he dies, you stop being angry, or your sword breaks. Whichever comes last!

I made a thread and updated it for those who missed it XD

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=696.msg105753#msg105753

So I kind of want to start a quest like thing, or maybe just a short story, or an irc rpg. Not sure yet. All of these are still very much in the planning stage.
I have a few different ideas though and kind of want to know what you think of them.

I am not so much looking for a up/down vote as thoughts/criticisms but if all you can say "I like [don't] like it" that's still useful.

Idea 1)
MC wakes up in hospital bed, very confused, doesn't understand speech, has to relearn how to use her body. It takes a while IC but she relearns English, gets her body coordinated, learns who her parents are, and fairly soon is living life as an normal 9-year old. Do some motage, choices about who to befriend, ect, and now she's smart and athletic freshmen in highschool. Weird* things start happening in her neighbourhood, with her body, and she eventually pieces together that she is actually a Alien Shape Shifting Criminal, and the (fairly evil) Space Police are finaly tracking her down. (not so much for her, but for what she stole), and she probably killed the actual [MC Name] in the "accident" that lead to her being in the hospital.

Only..she likes being [MC Name] a lot better then then being a ruthless criminal that plays at being a gentlemen. And she loves her parents, but she really does need to figure out what to do with the McGuffen she stole..

Idea 2)
Six seventeen year-olds, are plucked from Our Earth (TM) to be Heros of Light (tm). Theres lots of drama and two die, and people have sex, and ect. But eventually they work out a sort of working set of relationships and defeat the Dark Lord (tm) with the power of Love, and Magic Swords, and are sent back to earth.

And here is where my story starts.

Now here you have a group of teens that fell off the map for a year, (but look like they aged 3 or 4 years) never finished high school, two of their friends didn't come back, some of them are pregnant, they feel like adults, but won't actually be legally adult for another couple of months, have a not exactly normal romantic situation going, and are rather paranoid.

Idea 3)
The MC/Players/You are a woman in (maybe fantasy) Medieval Europe, you marry the king. There's a revolution, his brother takes the throne, but you escape to your parents/your husbands allies, pregnant with the "true king". What do you do to see things set right? (this one is the newest/most vague idea.)

Idea 4)
The main character is an ex-magical girl that who's comrades died because of orders from their spirit
patrons. At some point she is impregnated by a star-demon-god. She runs away from home because her parents want
her to get an abortion, and because she wants to get away from her spirit patrons. So now she is a homeless young
woman trying to raise a half-star demon kid while staying out of the view of the Shinto Men in Black.

The last week I happened to discover this little gem here:

com.zynga.zjayakashi50fe3acbc2413.jpg

"Ayakashi: Ghost Guild" is a RPG collectible card game:

"Since ancient times... Sprites, magical creatures, ghouls, heavenly spirits and other beings with unworldly powers have been striking fear, and occasionally wonder into human hearts everywhere. These beings are better known as... Ghosts. Unbeknownst to us, a special group has been protecting humanity from these ghosts' spooky deeds. These people are known as... Ghost Agents. A young agent with the power to communicate with ghosts, and sufficient talent to put them to use as daemons, has appeared..."

"As a ghost agent, players try to come to grips with the mysterious events occurring around them. These events are being triggered by legendary creatures with enigmatic power beyond comprehension. Players must attempt to gain control of ghosts and bring them under their power, changing them to a daemon. Throughout the rich story line, players must battle against scores of ghosts as well as rival agents."

It proved surprisingly fun to play, even if it holds the usual flaw of being designed to advantage enormously those players willing to buy special bonus with real money. But hey, if you are willing to spend cash you should get something out of it, or not?

My question is aimed to those who know it: do you think it would be possible to make it into a quest, translating game mechanisms into "paper" and all that? I have no intention to do it, now or later, but I would just like an answer to this question.

Silversun17 said:
Nobody else? In the meantime, new idea:
----

Persona.

A manifestation of a person's inner self, given physical form by the user's resolve and taking the name and shape of a known figure from history or mythology. It is a "mask" an individual use to face hardship through life. A manifestation of psyche.

Sound like New Age bullshit, doesn't it? I thought the same, until I witness it myself.

That's right.

I am one of those who awoken to the power of "Persona". The one who embodied:

[] The Justice (Hidehiko Uesugi from Megami Ibunroku Persona)

[] The Empress (Yukino Mayuzumi from Persona 2 Innocent Sin)

[] The Sun (Tatsuya Suou from Persona 2 Eternal Punishment)

[] The Hierophant (Shinjiro Aragaki from Persona 3)

[] The Magician (Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4)

[] Someone else? (Warning: for reasons of power balance the protagonists of P3 and P4 are not selectable, because the high number of Persona available would ruin the game)

[] The Bloodstained Fool (OC, special option: has access to multiple Persona but not many, can form Social Links, circumstances from the backstory could case instability)

With it and my friends, who also possessed Persona of their own, I fought against an evil which threatened to destroy my life and the entire world.

We won? I hope so: I wasn't there for the final battle.

I died before it.

At least I think I died. I can't quite put to words how "dying" actually feel, but after that shouldn't, depending how well he behaved in life, either finding clouds and angelic music or fire and brimstone?

So why I feel like I am resting supine against a soft surface, with just a slight feeling of "hard" behind it, cool air on my skin and someone repeating "Goron goron" over and over?

Wait. Run that by me again?

My eyes shot open. Battle instincts honed by countless battle kick in and I roll sideway on what I now realize is a grass bed, just in time to dodge something slamming where I was previously resting with the force of a cannonball.

I quickly stand up. "Okay, I don't know who you are but you just chose the wrong-" I want to continue, but I am stuck speechless the moment my eyes took in the image of my assailant.

01.png

What the?

Did a freaking daruma doll of all things just tried to flatten me like a pancake?!?

"Doron doron!" The...being says before righting twiching and staring at me with red beady eyes.

"Doron doron!" More of the freaky things appear and surround me.

"DORON DORON!!" And then a giant version of them, easily three meters tall, rolls around the circle before righting itself to loom over me.

My hands search for my weapon, only to come up empty.

If this is the afterlife...then it sucks. Badly.

[] Fight
[] Run
[] Roll over and die
[] Write-in.

§ § §​

ALEXANDER'S PRODUCTION PRESENTS:

PERSONA X ONIGIRI ONLINE QUEST

A PERSONA USER IN MAGICAL OTAKU FAN-SERVICE HEAVY JAPAN

YES, THERE IS ALSO A STORY​

§ § §​

Just something I thought up while playing the game. And I'm serious: I have a story and a way to connect the two series, albeit lacking in details for now.

I'm afraid I know very little about Personas 1 and 2, and have never heard of Onigiri Online before.

Guile said:
I'm afraid I know very little about Personas 1 and 2, and have never heard of Onigiri Online before.
Onigiri Online is a MMORPG. Hardly something unique, yet the story inspired to me a nice parallel with the Persona games.

Also, this is an opportunity for non-main characters like Yosuke to have their own story and adventures as the protegonist :))

No Aeon, as FWIK, I think Aegis is under an entirely DIFFERENT Tarot.

And by proxy, that pretty much makes The Fool, and also perhaps The World, banned Arcana for Alexander's idea per chance?

Hmm... Then again, imagine thinking of JoJo logic when it comes to imagining Persona based on Popular role models of the time, instead of mythology and folklore *Looks at Nate's sexy Butler Persona.*

Master Basher said:
No Aeon, as FWIK, I think Aegis is under an entirely DIFFERENT Tarot.

And by proxy, that pretty much makes The Fool, and also perhaps The World, banned Arcana for Alexander's idea per chance?

Hmm... Then again, imagine thinking of JoJo logic when it comes to imagining Persona based on Popular role models of the time, instead of mythology and folklore *Looks at Nate's sexy Butler Persona.*
A he's the Chariot, who then becomes the Fool with the Wild Card.

No they're not banned, but there aren't characters whose main Persona under either of them. Even then everything is fine as long as they have only one Persona

Who's Nate?

Alexander are you starting another quest? :(

[X]Per-So-Na!

Are we going to be seeing the Velvet Room?

[X] The Magician (Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4)

Fuck yeah Yosuke.

[X] Fight

Iirc making it into a paper rpg or quest should be trivial.

I had the story idea of current Guts being sent back in time to the time of the Golden Age. The twist is that he doesn't remember anything except his years as a boy, and his wanderings after escaping Gambino's mercenary camp. I don't know how to make this work so I'm wondering if anyone would like to use the idea.

Introspective Tinkerer said:
Alexander are you starting another quest? :(

Are we going to be seeing the Velvet Room?
Nope: this is a place to propose ideas for quest and gauge reactions. Basically they are one-shots.

Maybe.

Alexander said:
A he's the Chariot, who then becomes the Fool with the Wild Card.

No they're not banned, but there aren't characters whose main Persona under either of them. Even then everything is fine as long as they have only one Persona

Who's Nate?
Nate, IE: Kei Nanjo, Nate Trinity. The Nate whose a posh Rich Kid from Revelations: Persona. And had a cameo from Eternal Punishment I believe? Arcana wise, he's The Hierophant I believe? And he had that nice Butler Persona called Yamaoka.

Here's my quest idea.

>MC wakes up and figures out that he kidnapped by a monster who looks like a candycane spider. Then he ends up realizing that he was transfigured into a candy monster by this spider drider.

The MC gets a choice by the spider monster. Become the Candycane's loyal servant and let these people live, or become an ordered servant. Meanwhile, what is the deal with this spider monsters invading Minnesota, anyway?

Inspiration: Japanese Superhero shows. And this song. (Fair warning for flashing lights)
[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHn_Kb4Dz40[/embed]

In summation. An mystery plot involving sugar monsters, swamp water and an MC entitled the Candyman. How does this sound?

I've been doing a lot of these recently but I feel really excited about this one: a [ZnT / Slayers] crossover in which Louise snags Lina Inverse out of the Mazoku Barrier and completely fails to bind her because Lina's not taking any of that shit.

Lina strikes me as one of the wildest characters you could possibly throw into Halkeginia, for several reasons:

First, she's a near-perfect foil to Louise. It's easy to forget, but Lina is only fifteen years old when she first meets Gourry while Louise is in the 15-16 range when she performs the summoning ritual, but they're extremely different in a lot of important ways. Lina, for one, is a genius sorceress who has been on lots of adventures and made a name for herself, which are qualities Louise deeply wishes she had in herself (she would probably not prefer to have Lina's specific titles though >:D). However she's also a free-spirited vagabond with a troublesome personality who doesn't pay any attention to titles, kingship and noblility (aside from her dream of marrying a prince for the purposes of living in luxury) in contrast to Louise's steadfast loyalty to the crown.

They'd probably drive each other crazy for other reasons too -- Lina has a complex about her chest size, but she's rather well-endowed compared to Louise. Louise also has her very own Naga in the form of Kirche, but with the talented mage vs loser mage dynamic reversed to begin with.

Lina's magic is another point in her favor -- shamanism and black magic is very very similar to what's shown of elven spirit magic, particularly in the sense that both forces call on and manipulate the powers of nature (or the Mazoku), though I suppose what Lina is doing is more like stealing power from the spirits or commanding them, while the elves make requests and are generally more nature-friendly. Lina is also sufficiently well-versed in spellcasting that she's capable of teaching spirit magic to people which would make her a lot of friends and even more enemies all over the continent.

I feel pretty psyched about this and I'd like to take a stab at it over the weekend. Who wants to see some explosions?

I'd rather she somehow grab Zelgadis, personally. He's 1/3rd Brau demon and 1/3rd blue golem, after all. That makes him 2/3rds magical creature to 1/3 human.

And he's a renaissance man who is cultured, talented with everything from swords and magic to charting nautical maps, and also kind of an obsessive seeker of really powerful magic.

Lina having her own little mini-me would be fun, though.

Or even Amelia; I mean, she's a princess, which is the only social strata above Louise herself (daughter of a Grand Duke), but she acts like... how she is.

Zel's also boring as all fuck and whiny as hell at times, unlike Lina who's you know, actually interesting, ymmv on that of course

and don't even get me started on Amelia

this idea interests me however

I had the crazy idea of crossing Hotel Translyvania and Devil Summoner. Not the story itself, just that Jonathan has a COMP.
Don't know where the idea came from.

EternitynChaos said:
Zel's also boring as all fuck and whiny as hell at times, unlike Lina who's you know, actually interesting, ymmv on that of course
He just goes from being the long-suffering sod following Lina around, to being the long-suffering sod following Louise around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back