1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Introduction] Where am I?

Discussion in 'General' started by Askolei, May 29, 2019.

1. Askolei

Askolei Making the rounds.

Good evening everyone.

I got here by chance from r/rational, because of Groon's little manga chapter. It was fine so I figured I'd read The Erogamer from the beginning.

Holy cows was I not prepared.

I loved The Gamer manhwa which made me discover tons of good stories via WebToon and I'm a big consummer of isekai animes. But this... This... It had been months since I haven't been completely subjugated by a story that great. This is why I love the Internet.

So here am I. In this strange place where everything is about quests. There is some rules, basically the "be nice!" pack, but I have yet to find a post that explain what quests are. Looks like some kind of cooperative writing? Is it written in 2nd person POV for immersion? Are quests supposed to follow rational tropes? Is there a quality of writing requirement to be quest master?

Is this some kind of writters club? Everybody here seems so articulate...

I tried to write my own erotic fiction a while ago but I couldn't develop it very far and I know it has a lot of flaws. I am no stranger to tabletops RPG though. I managed to successfully lead a whole campaign (not written by me though) as a GM. PCs played deities and had to bargain with some titans.

Please show me the way, I like it here.

I'm French by the way, so intricated Shakespeare references might fall flat on my ears. That's also why it's evening at home.

Jiven and wasprider like this.
  2. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

Welcome to QQ!

Sorry for the late reply.

Quests can probably be best described as interactive fiction. The only real rule that makes a quest a quest is that you need to let the readers vote to influence what is happening. That aside it doesn't really have rules. It can be written in any person and by anyone - though of course better writing will probably get more people to participate.

The usual format is that the QM writes a segment, and puts possible actions for the character(doesn't necessarily have to be for just a character, can be anything that influences the story) along with a write-in options for participants at the bottom (and/or throughout the post where appropriate).

The NSFW Q&R Index sub-section is technically where you would go to ask about help for quests, thought it has rather little travel (Me just looking that up has been the first time since forever since I've been there). General here is probably a good other option - though we admittedly have comparatively little traffic here as well.

So - if for the writers club those don't work, it might honestly be a good idea to ask someone directly.

Askolei likes this.