1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there some way to download an individual threadmark for offline reading?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Tokita, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Tokita

Tokita Getting sticky.

Or, similarly, all of the threadmarks in a given thread without also including any user comments sandwiched in-between them? Just wondering.

I suppose this could be taken as a suggestion for the forum, hence why I created it here.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

One threadmark? Use your browser to save the page (usually in the right-click menu), or just leave the tab open. Easy-peasy.

All the threadmarks? Uh... Well, the above trick will work so long as there's fewer than 30 threadmarks, unless you're on mobile maybe, but I'm not sure if it remains practical past 60 threadmarks.

I remember at least one forum I'm on frowns on scraper-download tools, but I don't remember if QQ takes a stance on them. I know they exist, there's even one I've seen recommended for literally exactly this use-case.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Grub

Grub Know what you're doing yet?

Note that the one for SB/SV/QQ doesn't work on any forum that requires a login, such as the lewd ones here.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Facepalmist

Facepalmist Well, that happened...

Threadmarks?

Enter Reader Mode. Right-click (or equivalent), 'Save Page As...'. Repeat for however many pages.

Emmew and Ddmkm122 like this.
  5. MissileTeatime

The one I tried worked, I just had to add my login info to the config file.

But I don't know if we're talking about the same one; even me admitting to having used one at all ever is a significant ratcheting-down in how evasive I'm being on the topic!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. r1ncewind

r1ncewind Getting sticky.

i would also be interested in this

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

Calibre with the plugin FanficFare.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Strelok, da3monh0st3d and Ddmkm122 like this.
  8. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

Note that FanFicFare can be configured with your username and password to access login-only threads, and QQ has no objection to people using it so long as it doesn't cause problems on the server end (unlikely).

Strelok, Sagiji, da3monh0st3d and 3 others like this.
  9. MissileTeatime

Can confirm, as this is the tool I was being evasive about above.

Ddmkm122 and alethiophile like this.
  10. da3monh0st3d

da3monh0st3d Эскапист

Fanficfare includes some added & tunable default delays during the crawling to be friendlier on the server backends and the devs are open to requests for higher delays from the administrators of supported sites. Spacebattles made such a request at some point.

One could also just make a PR that do it outright, it'd be accepted.

edit: fixed typos

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Sagiji, Persona4Dan and alethiophile like this.
  11. Mana_Knight_Jorin

Mana_Knight_Jorin The Mana Knight

Yeah. Here. https://fic.pw/

ShizaRiku likes this.
  12. Tokita

Tokita Getting sticky.

Threadmarks filed under the Extras category for a given story disappear when selecting Reader Mode. Do you know if this is a bug or...?

13. MissileTeatime

They disappear when clicking on the "Reader Mode" button at the top or bottom of the page? That is intended behavior. Each threadmark category has its own reader mode that only shows threadmarks from that category. To access the reader mode for a different category, open the threadmarks list for that category (with the dropdown for that category at the top or bottom of the page, or the pop-up list that appears when you click the category label on a threadmark in that category) and click on "Reader Mode" within that list.

They disappear from Reader Mode for that category? And they're not just on a different page within reader mode? That is a bug. Please report it with a link to the thread where you're having trouble, and links to or descriptions of the threadmarks/posts that are going missing. I think convention for reporting bugs is to create a thread in the suggestions & bugs forum about it.

Bolo276 and Facepalmist like this.
  14. Mana_Knight_Jorin

Mana_Knight_Jorin The Mana Knight

Victor Zhan and doug89 like this.
  15. Lector312

Lector312 Not too sore, are you?

A bit old but is there any way to download from Calibre/FanficFare with 2FA enabled?

16. MissileTeatime

That sounds to me like a FanficFare question as much as anything else. Are you also asking in appropriate FanficFare support channels?

17. Lector312

Lector312 Not too sore, are you?

I did. No real way to do it according to them except disabling 2FA. Thought I would ask over here to be sure

MissileTeatime likes this.
  18. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

QQ's 2FA is a bespoke Xenforo version that requires access to your E-mail. It's doubtful it would be worth it to the FanFicFare people to implement support for it.

I recommend just disabling 2FA as necessary while you're downloading.

Lector312 likes this.