1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] KH: Hard Day's Knight 1.2

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by AndrewJTalon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Zaravan

Zaravan Know what you're doing yet?

"You are not leaving." Darkest stated, before summoning the Light to punish him, another Bolt of Light striking at the fleeing villain. He was not getting away.

Relyt33 likes this.
  2. Valiant

Valiant Having a lookaround

"Juuust a moment." Gosalyn lined up a shot, one impact arrow for the runner. Delivered to the center of his back.

"Everyone Clear out!" Dipper yelled starting to haul his Knight away once just after she loosed her shot, they had to get out from under the jet!

Relyt33 likes this.
  3. AndrewJTalon

AndrewJTalon Versed in the lewd.

Just then, a dark figure appeared on a rooftop nearby. She pointed a Keyblade at the mass of falling aircraft, and fired off a spell.

D20: 19

The mass of the falling airship abruptly... Stopped in mid air, just long enough to intercept the attacks of the party. The mass slowly reformed, into a sphere... And metallic tendrils erupted from its sides. The dark head of a Heartless, eyes glowing yellow, appeared as the massive Heartless floated over them with a grisly smile made of fire.

"That's... New," Mr Incredible commented. Just before the Heartless unleashed a bellow of flame. "VIOLET!"

D20: 7 + 10 (Confidence Boost) = 17

Violet Parr managed to cast a bubble shield around her family and the adventurers. While it was a struggle, she'd kept the worst of the blast away from them all. But as soon as the Heartless ceased its attack, she collapsed from exhaustion. Out of the fight.

Relyt33 likes this.
  4. dwennon

dwennon Versed in the lewd.

"Blast." Paul said, moving to group up with the others. Casting a healing spell on the one who sent out the shield that protected him. A mix of straight up healing and debuff/status ailment removal. "This, is not good. Looks like we're going to have to coordinate some to take this thing down." Paul said as he moved to try and group up with the others.

Relyt33 likes this.
  5. Zaravan

"...This is getting annoying." The Cleric stoically stated, before casting a Sanctuary Miracle. All around Paul, the Family, and the others, they were enveloped by a soft, gentle Light, in a circle around them. And they felt new strength, what wounds they had mending, pain receding.

"Once we are finished destroying this abomination, I am going to smack that Villain so hard his skull is going to be in his ribcage."

Relyt33 likes this.
  6. AndrewJTalon

"You! Knight guy! What's your name?" Mr. Incredible asked. Zaravan

Relyt33 likes this.
  7. Zaravan

"I am Konstantin. Holy Cleric of the Order of The Flame." He supplied politely. "May I ask who you are, in turn, good sir?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  8. AndrewJTalon

"Mister Incredible," he replied. "This is my wife, Elasti-Girl."

His wife, a motherly but fit brunette woman, smiled and waved.

"And my son, Dash, my daughter Violet, and..." Dipper held up the baby, and both parents looked relieved. "Jack-Jack," he said, taking the baby into his arms with a thankful look at Dipper.

"All right. We've got numbers. We need a plan though," Roxanne said. "Taking down something this big isn't easy, but we can do it! Dipper! We need your summon!"

Relyt33 and Zaravan like this.
  9. Valiant

"Well that's... bad." Dipper started only to get a cuff on the shoulder from Gosalyn.

"We can take it Dipper, keep your head in the game!"

"But I've never-." His eyes flicked up to the Heartless, "I'll try!"

He didn't see Gosalyn step away from him, all his attention turning inward as his keyblade warmed in his hand, tying to keep in mind the reoccurring piece of advice that seemed to crop up from Roxanne.

Remember the memory, the feeling when you did it.

The keyblade spun, reversing in his grip and he slammed the tip into the ground and turned it sharply ninety degrees.

"Summon."

Relyt33 likes this.
  10. Zaravan

He bowed to each of them in turn. "I am honored." He says simply, before turning back to the Abomination that loomed over them.

"I can call upon The Light itself to smite it, but it will take much out of me, and it will take time." He says. It would drain most of his strength, but there'd be nothing but smoking remains of it if the attack landed well.

Of course, he needed time to do enact the proper Rites.

Relyt33 likes this.
  11. AndrewJTalon

Valiant Zaravan dwennon Spectrum2700

The Massive Heartless first spun it's gigantic body like a top, before the blades of a helicopter emerged from its body onto one of its arms. The blades began to spin, so fast they caught fire and burned white hot. It then swung the massive spinning weapon at our heroes!

D20: 5, 2, 5

While definitely scary, this attack is only sufficient to wake everyone up!

Relyt33 and Zaravan like this.
  12. Zaravan

"..."

Konstantin planted his feet in the ground and hunkered down behind his shield, glowing with Holy Light as he tensed, ready to tank the blow.

Relyt33 and AndrewJTalon like this.
  13. dwennon

Bracing for the attack...Paul just raised an eyebrow at how it ended up going. Sighing at how this day is going, and just feeling bad that this fight wasn't starting off badly for his side. Paul took out an long barreled gun from one of his interior pockets and a jar, Paul readied for a combination of attacks. Tossing the jar first, Paul shouted reverse item to signal that he'd just reversed the healing effects inside of it. And then took aim as the potion arced towards the heartless, chambering one of the few special magic bullets as he did so. Pulling the trigger right around the potion reaching the apex of it's arc near the heartless.

"Spell pattern bullet number 6.3, Holryra Burst, away." Paul said, almost mechanically, as he fired the round from his gun. The weapon lighting up, mechanical components spinning and letting out steam as the magical bullet was fired out. A blast of white holy magic taking leaving almost immediately to hit the potion and spray the heartless with both holy magic and a damaging potion.

14. AndrewJTalon

D20: 14

The Heartless Boss shrieked at the holy magic, and bore back slightly. It pulled its arms into its shell, and rocket jets emerged from its surfaces. It rocketed up high, and screamed for the ground.

"How the heck is it doing that stuff?!" Mister Incredible shouted in disbelief.

"It'd be so cool if it wasn't going to hurt us!" Dash added.

It landed hard, forcing our heroes to scatter, before it rocketed up and slammed down on another location, and another-The Incredible's House was now a complete wreck.

D20: 9, 16, 9

While causing general mayhem, only one blow strikes the heroes: It's hard, but it's survivable and only mildly stuns some of them. Violet is able to form a shield to deflect much of the damage!

Relyt33 and Valiant like this.
  15. dwennon

Seeing what was going on, Paul prepared to cast some spells to support the others. Preparing them to boost multiple people, and fire off more than one in quick succession. Aiming them at Konstantin, the Incedibles, and anyone else nearby, Paul held up the series of spells in his hand before firing them off.

"Alright, here's some buff magic. Dragon Force. Mighty Guard. Angel Whisper." Paul cast, boosting the ability to attack, followed by defenses, then some healing mixed in with auto-life...which will hopefully be useful.

16. Zaravan

"Nngh." He felt that he'd certainly get some bruising, but thanks to his armor and shield, he wasn't anywhere near hurting.

Raising his shield once more, he cast a Miracle, and an Ethereal shield formed around Mr. Incredible and his Wife. Any attacks that hit them would hit him.

And any attacks that hit him, he'd retaliate.

"Let us finish this."

+Guard

+Riposte

[​IMG]

17. AndrewJTalon

The buffs increase everyone's defenses by 4 points, attack by 4 points, and auto life for two turns: Which is great because here the Heartless comes again to stomp on everyone!

"Konstantin!" Mister Incredible shouted. "My wife's got an idea! If we can trap that thing, Dipper can hit it with his summon!"

"So we need you to hold me tight-Understand?" Elastigirl said.

Relyt33 likes this.
  18. Valiant

And through all the chaos, Dipper stood, his hands on the keyblade as he focused, eyes screwed shut trying to put this all out of his mind and complete the summons that he'd given the whole of his attention. He didn't see or feel his hands move to the guard of the keyblade, of Truthseeker, and turn it hard as his magic flared up around him tracing a pattern into the ground beneath his feet.

Relyt33 likes this.
  19. Zaravan

"...Okay." He states evenly, moving to do so. No time for low hanging jokes.

Relyt33 likes this.
  20. dwennon

Clicking his tongue, Paul put away the special gun he used earlier and pulled out something else. One of his less unique personally made magic guns. Loading it, he fired off as many rounds as he could that were infused with light magic. "Well, if y'all need some more buff magic or some other random magic. Just let me know. For now I'm just going to support where I can."

Relyt33 likes this.
  21. AndrewJTalon

Holding on tight to Elasti-Girl, Zaravan was their anchor. Mr. Incredible held his wife's arms, and she stretched easily. Elasti-Girl grimaced as the Heartless Boss resumed floating, now trying to summon low level Heartless to attack.

"We need to make it mad again! Captain Paul! Do what you did before!"

From around him emerged a familiar, muscular figure. Blonde, bare chested, and constantly hopping around.

"RUMBLE MCSKIRMISH! And I-What?! Pines the Liar!" The video game character scowled at Dipper. "What do you want?!"

22. Zaravan

"Yes, please do. But try to hurt it harder this time." He quipped.

Relyt33 likes this.
  23. dwennon

"Right, I'll get right to that." Paul said. Pulling out another high end potion, he reversed it before throwing it. This time just chambering in a more regular, if still very enchanted, set of bullets into his gun. Firing them off at the potion, Paul worked a bit of magic to create a similar effect to his 6.3 shell...even if the magic spells wouldn't be quite as potent, the potion should still make it hurt.

Relyt33 likes this.
  24. Valiant

Oh Noooo...

"I..." HOW EVEN?! NO SERIOUSLY HOW?! Dipper just stared at the figment of his past, one he hadn't thought of in years. And the words just tumbled out of his mouth.

"Uh... I want to fight the very obvious monster trying to do worse than kill everyone here.

Relyt33 likes this.
  25. AndrewJTalon

D20: 8 + 4 = 12

The Heartless Boss roared at the pain... But instead pulled out the gigantic flaming helicopter blades again. It swiped them across the field, leaving deep flaming gouges in the ground and cutting a water main that began spewing water up into the air!

D20: 7, 8, 7

That said, these strikes were largely ineffective against our heroes thanks to the buffs.

Relyt33 likes this.
  26. AndrewJTalon

"HMPH! How do I, Rumble, not know you are merely lying again in some kind of elaborate lie?! If you lied once, you can lie again and lie more!" Rumble countered, as a house was on fire behind him.

27. Zaravan

Konstantin then fired off another Bolt of Light, keeping his hold on Elasti-Girl even as he Riposte'd the attack.

Relyt33 likes this.
  28. Valiant

Dipper stared past his summons at the burning wreck of a house and the active combat going on, and when that didn't work he pointed. "Proof! Right there! If you turn around for a moment!"

Relyt33 likes this.
  29. AndrewJTalon

The strike by the Heartless Boss did indeed invite retaliation!

D20: 8 + 4 = 12

The strike knocked the Heartless back for a loop, and again, it tried to use its helicopter blades against the party!

D20: 6, 4, 14

Only one strike does any harm, but it is minor and Violet again manages to tank most of it. Dash attempts to strike the beast, but the fact it's flying makes it very hard for him to hit it with anything other than rocks-Which are not very effective.

Relyt33 likes this.
  30. dwennon

Silently cursing to himself at the attack not hurting as much as the first one, Paul switched weapons again. Feeling glad for the magic pockets most of his long coats had, Paul pulled out one of the cannons he got from Ivalice. Prepping it, he set another high end potion that he reversed into it to carry with the round being fired. Setting up some light magic to go with it, a nice high powered one, he fired off another mixed attack. Seriously considering pulling out something like the laplace blade he had to try and pull a combo off in the hopes of ending this faster.

Relyt33 likes this.