1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about our pets!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zege, Mar 21, 2015.

1. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

[​IMG][​IMG]

Have some more pictures of my dogs, plus mom's cat.

2. Whiskey Golf

Whiskey Golf Lewd Battalion

Will throw pictures up later, but it's the three year anniversary of my dog's death.

He was completely derp and an unmanly coward afraid of his own shadow, but I loved him all the same.

mizzet likes this.
  3. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

Will give pics when I have them on hand, but I have a cat that took the Obese feat from BoVD. Motherfucker divebombs you from the cat tree and will cause fractures

4. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Okay, so.

Yesterday, I'm at my weekly D&D session when I get a call from my mother, asking me if I could come home early.

I freak out briefly before she tells me that it's because she has a good surprise. When I come home, the surprise turns out to be a puppy.

She's a lab/golden retriever mix that we've decided to name Mischief. Either the name will turn out to be incredibly accurate, or the forces of irony will conspire to make her nature the complete opposite.

So far, however, it seems like it's gonna be the former.

Since she's a puppy, she likes to chew on things. Currently, the things she likes to chew on are;

1) Me
    2) Her chew toy
    3) Sheets
    4) Paper
    5) Everything else.

Imabot likes this.
  5. Radek

Radek Promethean

Current four legged family member is a pekingese/corgi mix, with the usual outsized ego of small dogs. Used to be she loved long walks, destroying all her toys and barking at anyone and anything that dared trespass in her territory.
    But at 15, much of that is in the past. She now walks with a limp, is putting on weight and generally has no energy pretty much anything. Just getting up to say hi to anyone coming in has become a chore.
    She might see next Christmas. Maybe even her 16th birthday next January. Next summer? I don't hold out hope.

6. Lord Invictus

Lord Invictus Impropérium nulla oblivione eris Gone for Good

One Newfoundland Labrador, as sweet as she is precocious.

Two Saint Bernard puppies.

One Saint Bernard adult-very old. He’s nearly twelve to thirteen I think.

One English mastiff.

And around three cats left.

I’ve had probably tens of pets over the years, and this is actually a relatively small amount. At one point we had five dogs and five cats.

7. amy_loves_games

amy_loves_games Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I adopted a dog recently. My family had dogs all through my youth but this is the first animal I'm solemnly responsible for. I must say, it was hard. But it was at the same time easier than I thought. We took some time adjusting to one another, and we still are. But I see the progress every day that we're together and I see how she's getting used to living with me, with other people and animals. It's a blessing seeing her getting used to being cared for and relaxing more and more.

8. Konradleijon

Konradleijon Not too sore, are you?

My dogs a sweetie. Her name is Maddie.

9. Lord Invictus

So my mom texted me the other day. Apparently my oldest dog died in his sleep. Was a Saint Bernard. We got him 13ish years ago.

He lived very long for a Saint. I was very sad not to have been there. I’m pleased though that apparently he died peacefully in his sleep.

He was an old dog. 12 years old(though likely 13 or close). Sweet the gentlest of giants.

I am dissapointed I couldn’t be home to bury him.

Nervaqus987 likes this.
  10. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

You have my condolences.

11. Lord Invictus