• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Lilith Game [Crossover/CCG Quest]

[3] Bottle Fey
[2] Minori and Kojoro
[4] Math Nerd and Dance Club Girl
[5] Other Loots
[1] Having a Long Talk with Mami about her history and the Card System

[4] Bottle Fey
[2] Minori and Kojoro
[3] Math Nerd and Dance Club Girl
[5] Other Loots

The card system is very important- it's the centerpiece of this quest, and Mami is our only summon right now. Getting as much data on that as possible only makes sense. Minori and Kojoro are both very important characters from what we've seen so far, so its important to get to know them. The Math Nerd and Dance Club Girl are both relatively unimportant, but at the same time the Math Girl has proven useful already and they could prove to be useful acquaintances. The Bottle Fey have some potential, but we've been told that they're not very intelligent and it's much easier to deal with them later, since they are technically our slaves and they aren't really "people". The rest of the stuff on the loot list doesn't really have anything that interests me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pointing it out, but Mami can be summoned anytime for that talk.

Megaolix said:
Just pointing it out, but Mami can be summoned anytime for that talk.
... So?
Noone argued otherwise.
The only arguments that have been brought forth in regards to Mami were concerned with the fact, that we get all the information she can supply as soon as possible, so we can make better informed decisions.
Mami's availability doesn't matter in that regard.

What kind of decisions would knowing the Card system help with?

Megaolix said:
What kind of decisions would knowing the Card system help with?
What kind of enemies we're going to face/attract, how they would usually find us, how often we should expect to have to deal with them, what the pros and cons of card-bound and normal servants are, whether you can bind multiple beings into a single card, how easy it'd be to have someone that's bound to a card live a normal life whenever we don't need them, whether others could notice that they are card-bound, how other magical beings usually react to people like us, whether it's an utterly retarded idea to tell those we aren't going to bind about what we exactly are, how exactly binding objects works, whether we can bind an object we know next to nothing about, whether or not that would give us information about it, whether binding otherwise normal people could somehow "empower" them, whether these people would be absolutely frozen in time and could no longer raise their "base stats" and whatever else we care to think of are all things that would influence how we deal with the other issues.

[4] Bottle Fey
[2] Minori and Kojoro
[3] Math Nerd and Dance Club Girl
[5] Other Loots

Pipeman said:
What kind of enemies we're going to face/attract, how they would usually find us, how often we should expect to have to deal with them, what the pros and cons of card-bound and normal servants are, whether you can bind multiple beings into a single card, how easy it'd be to have someone that's bound to a card live a normal life whenever we don't need them, whether others could notice that they are card-bound, how other magical beings usually react to people like us, whether it's an utterly retarded idea to tell those we aren't going to bind about what we exactly are, how exactly binding objects works, whether we can bind an object we know next to nothing about, whether or not that would give us information about it, whether binding otherwise normal people could somehow "empower" them, whether these people would be absolutely frozen in time and could no longer raise their "base stats" and whatever else we care to think of are all things that would influence how we deal with the other issues.
Well, I kind fo forgot 'for the coming discussions' specification, but meh. Saw a few of them there.

Post 24
[3] Bottle Fey
[2] Minori and Kojoro
[5] Other Loots
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Well, you have a long day ahead of you, but no reason not to get started.

First things first, you need to sit down with Mami and have a nice long talk with her about herself, the Card Game, and Magic in general...

Well, no, first things first you have to find Mami... And maybe have breakfast.

Pulling her card out, a moment of concentration lets you locate her.. She's sleeping on the couch again. Well, time to go wake her up and cook some pancakes.. Mmm, pancakes.

Soon enough, she too is awoken by the tasty smell of breakfast, and the two of you have a nice morning meal.

"So.. Mami." You say. "Tell me about yourself.. I've put this off for far to long, but I need to know what you know now."

And so she does. Of her youth as a young Japanese schoolgirl, and of her exposure to magic. The presence of a mysterious white fey who offered her a contract, and the monsters that she fought with the power she was granted... And of her eventual 'doom'. For the magic of the contract allowed the fey to recover her once her friends had thought her lost... Her doom and the revelation of the truth. That the contract, the monsters.. that was a farm, a farm for magic girls. And she was up on the auction next week.

She doesn't like speaking of what came next, and you don't push her for details, but that was when she was sold to the player of this game, and that was how she was carded. Eventually, she was left where you found her as an.. emergency stockpile, of sorts, you could say, so he could come back and regain her later.

Later never came. Until you found her.

...It is a far quieter you, with plenty of thoughts in your brain, as breakfast finishes.

Still, the weekend is here, and upon being asked what she wants to do, she asks to be let into the library for a while, so she can.. well, learn what happened while she 'slept'.

[ ] Allow her?
[ ] Return her to the card so that if you need her later today, she's there?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
So, it's been a while. Here is my attempt to get around my muse blockage by separating it unto smaller chunks. Next up is the talk with Minori and Kojoro.

If something goes violent you probably want her there, but if nothing goes boomy having her more aware of modern culture would be a good thing if you want to deploy her without you to guide her.

[X] Allow her
-[X] Tell her that if shit gets real again, you'll use her card to track her down

[X] Allow her

If there is violence today, then something went horribly wrong.

Post 25
[3] Bottle Fey
[2] Minori and Kojoro
[5] Other Loots

Well, no time like the present to go.. Wait, you almost forgot. "Mami." You interrupt as she heads for the door. "My apologies, but I forgot.. i had a few more things to ask about... I can not afford ignorance on how this card system actually works any longer, no matter how often answers seem to float into my head as I do things.. How much experience do you have with how this works?"

Not much seems to be the response. It's not like her last owner told her much of how things work, or that she was, well, actually used much, given he had a nice and large collection. But she does know a few things that you find interesting..

First off, most interestingly, is that you should be sensitive to the use of other cards within 'the radius of your awareness' as it was said. The two of you guess that this means you'll know a use when it's done in front of you.. It's more useful then it sounds, for cards are not always obvious is another fact learned. While it is easiest to hold the card out openly and invoke it by name as you have been doing, with experience and affinity you may unlock more subtle uses.. and when seeing an enemy throwing flame at you it will probably be useful to know the difference between a firebomb and a homing fireball.

Secondly, their apparently is some innate.. well, dueling code. Some way of declaring and answering challenges that should be innate.. Nothing comes to mind in the way that information has been doing when you ponder on that though. Perhaps you'll have to wait on meeting another player? Thirdly.. Thirdly you ask about the process of creating spell cards. It seems that, to make one, either you, or a card that you possess, must first be able to cast the spell slash enchantment slash ritual slash whatever. And then you simply cast it into a blank card.. the reason you'd do this is that such spells can be precharged before a battle, and do not need the complicated casting some spells demand to be done when the card is invoked, just when the card is made. And of course, you can grant spells to people who can't normally cast them..

Fourthly, you ask her about the Item Cards.. to be precise, how the Medical Kit restores its supplies. It seems that such item cards, when created, have a 'set template' they will slowly return themselves to when damaged.. and in the case of the Medical Kit, lacking supplies seems to count as damage. How useful...

With no other question coming to mind, or at least none other that she can answer, you leave her to the library and start heading off to Minori and Kojoro. But what do you want to talk to them about exactly?

[ ] What do you want to use as conversational topics with Minori and Kojoro anyway? Besides making sure they are ok and making sure they aren't going to call a hunt type thing down on your head for having cards.

[X] Ask if the legends of foxwives are accurate
[X] Ask them out on a date
-[X] If they act hostile, point out you've got a blank card, and "Foxwife Twins" is probably a valid use for it. ;)

[X] Ask about:
-[X] What exactly they are.
-[X] What other supernatural presences in the area they know of.
-[X] How they are likely to react to us.
-[X] If there is some code of conduct or other rules within the supernatural community we should be aware of.
-[X] If there even is a supernatural comminty or everyone just stays among their own and trys to ignore each other.
-[X] What sort of problems we should be on the lookout for.
-[X] Anything else they might think important to know for someone in your position, who only got into this a couple of days ago and knew literally nothing beforehand.

Nick, just... no.

And Pipeman, you got some similar questions in your vote.

[X] To ask after asking if they're okay...
-[X] Ask about what they know of the supernatural side. Is there some sort of community or is it everyone for themselves?
-[X] Ask if there's anything you should know now that you're aware. Code of conduct and things like that.
-[X] Ask how much they know about fey bindings or if they know someone who would could help you. You still have those two hearts after all...

Post 26
So... I know it's been a while, but have a surprise update!

It's only a few moments later when you knock on Minori's door. It's several minutes later when a still sleepy Minori actually opens said door.

"...Ah. You." She says after a long moment. Someone didn't get much rest last night, and it wasn't you. Well, it was you, but it sounds like she's even less awake then you are.

"Yep! Me." You reply with a grin and a nod. Maaaaybe a bit overly cheerful for her amount of sleep, but honestly after dealing with her as your hall supervisor for the past while, taking a guilt free chance to passively annoy her is something you do.. pretty much on automatic.

..It also doesn't usually lead to a moment of silence and then her giving you a (literally feeling) rib cracking hug while saying thank you over and over again.

--------​

Utterly ignoring the last few embarrassing (For one of you) moments, the three of you find yourselves sitting at a small table sipping some tasty tea. Neither of them are bothering to hide their tails or ears, even if Kojoro still seems weirdly silent after how you saw her.. was it one night or two nights ago? Well, after how bouncy she was at the fast food place. Minori... Minori doesn't look like she knows where to start talking. So it comes to you to start the conversation.

"So.." You begin with, choosing something that is hopefully inoffensive. "You two feeling any better now?" Kojoro seems to flinch and curl in around her tea, but Minori.. Minori takes a deep breath. "..Yes. Thank you. I thought you were crazy when I realized you'd actually left.. but.. Thank you for getting my sister back. I.. I don't know what I'd have done if she'd.." She trails off into silence, a silence that is easily filled by your imagination with things that mean fey nobles can do to people. Most of it is really not fun to think about it.

"But.." She takes a deep breath. "..I have to ask. How? How did you.. We can't even find the open portal zone. How did you find it? And... I didn't even know you had magic besides that strange surge in the fast food station. Why would you blow your cover, for whatever reason you had one, for us? We're." Her voice takes on a long held note of bitterness, as if she has heard this many times before. "Just Kitsune after all, and not even of the high clans. Why?"

Kojoro hasn't looked up from her tea once so far.

Well.. Uh, this went strange fast.

[ ] Admit that you don't have a clue what she's talking about. Beyond the obvious basics that is.
[ ] Might as well roll with what she seems to have assumed and see how much more interesting sounding things you can get her to say. She's making some interesting sounding assumptions here...
[ ] Silly Kitsune! Your reasons and methodology are a secret!

(Yes, I know you haven't asked what you voted to ask yet. That happens next, and the how you do it depends on what you vote here. That said, this is one of the votes where one choice can be factually stated to be better then the others...)

[J] "Now that... is a secret!" Silly Kitsune! You work in mysterious ways~

[X] Admit that you don't have a clue what she's talking about. Beyond the obvious basics that is.

Probably for the best, to avoid bumbling around. And trying to appear knowing about things (you don't actually know anything about) can quickly go bad. (Of course, letting them know could be bad too, except that you saved one of them, so they're pretty grateful).

[X] Cover? Why would you ever need something like that? You did it because you knew and liked them, not their contacts or species. You don't really care about things like 'clans' and 'prestige'.

Silly Kitsune. Do we look like a guy with a plan?

[X] Might as well roll with what she seems to have assumed and see how much more interesting sounding things you can get her to say. She's making some interesting sounding assumptions here...

It's probably best we let them continue to assume things it might lead to interesting info.

[X] Admit that you don't have a clue what she's talking about. Beyond the obvious basics that is.
-[X] "Just" kitsune? I'm new to this whole "magic" thing, but aren't there a bunch of legends about foxwives and stuff? Are they inaccurate or something?

[X] Cover? Why would you ever need something like that? You did it because you knew and liked them, not their contacts or species. You don't really care about things like 'clans' and 'prestige'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back