• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] Focus on one single thing about it all.
-[X] The word of the hour is "why".
-[X] As in, why was she attacked at that place (instead of, say, at home). If mother was the target of an assassination, then it would be much easier to attack in a place with no security.

So that we don't end with a three way tie of one vote each

-[X] As in, why was she attacked at that place (instead of, say, at home). If mother was the target of an assassination, then it would be much easier to attack in a place with no security.

Gold might possibly indicate wish-related points or something, because a way of 'getting my way easily' would be making a wish for that.

Or, it could mean the Golden Path!!!! XXXPXXPPXPXP

5.16. - Attack

Gold might possibly indicate wish-related points or something, because a way of 'getting my way easily' would be making a wish for that.

So that we don't end with a three way tie of one vote each

The word of the hour was "why."

On that word alone, you furrow your brows together even as you continue to wrap your arms around your knees. Why "this," why "that," why "everything," why "anything." It filled your head. Your eyes became watery as you struggle to find the one "why" that would answer it all.

"W-why?" Your dry throat squeaked out that one word as your vision continued to blur, your body and limbs becoming ever more leaden.

Your eyes close and you feel yourself falling. You try to wake up, but you just can't!

As you fall, you are surrounded by images of objects, that you recognize have come from your waking life.

[] A cargo ship, filled to the brim with armaments.
[] The men who had shot at Kyouko.
[] That note from "M.O."

---

AMMUNITION:
  • 34:120 5.56 NATO
  • Zero incendiary 40mm grenades
---

April Friday the 1st, 11:00 pm

Anime timeline comparison:
  • 26th March Mami vs Gertrud
  • 4th April Mami vs Charlotte
30 days remaining until ???

[X] The Ribbons

The godamn ribbons.

[] That note from "M.O."
I love acronyms. It stands for Modus Operandi until someone informs me otherwise.:p
[X] A cargo ship, filled to the brim with armaments.

Last edited:
[X] That note from "M.O."

We all should have a good idea OOC who that is by now.

Was it ever in doubt?

Side Story #008 - Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Side Story #008 - Le meilleur des mondes possibles

Sunlight pierced through the stained glass of the Sakura Church. As it was filtered by the coloured details, it shone light onto the years of dirt and splintered wood gathered there.

The red sun, filtering through the church, reached JP-845. It engulfed her, tingling at her face and hands and warming the rest of her body under her suit and cloak. Even as the evening light warmed her heart, she contemplated on whether she was in Heaven or Hell. On one hand, the warmth and comfort she found in solitary worship and prayer pointed to Paradise. However, her eyes noticed that the light that was cast onto her was red. In another time, her heart would've pumped in abject terror at thinking of burning forever in the Inferno. Now when she thought about it, "Hell" and "Heaven" were equally as meaningless. She held this in her heart, because she saw that ultimately, whether a soul was saved or damned, it was determined from the very beginning of the universe by the Creator. In other words, humans had no free will. This was theological determinism. Calvinist Christianity was best known for this line of thought.

JP-845 exhaled rapidly as she always did when she thought of the divine and theological. Her thoughts were vast oversimplifications, but they were necessary oversimplifications. Had she dwelt on them for too long, it would've ruined the purpose of trying to find comfort in faith.

Materialism and denial of the spiritual aside, Illuminism was highly compatible with what she held faith in. In the historical narrative Illuminism professed, there was no free will for humans or any form of life whatsoever. However, the mechanism was different. Whereas in her beliefs, G-d had decreed what was to happen for all of eternity, Illuminism pointed to a somewhat, worded-differently reason, that being the consistency and eternality of the scientific laws of the universe. Uniformitarianism held that the laws of the universe were consistent across time and space. From this, there can be the derivation of yet another truth.

For example, let a dice of six faces be thrown in a certain place, ordered in a certain way, leading to a certain result. If it were possible to throw that dice one again, in that same place, ordered in that same way, down to the level of elementary particles, then the same result would occur. There can be an attempt to deny this, but only through positing that randomness exists. However, the scenario already posited that every physical variable was accounted, thus there is no randomness and thus that denial is flawed. Of course, this was only theory, but for JP-845, it heavily informed her worldview.

"A leads to B leads to C leads to D and so on. One plus one is always two. I did not choose to have my first memory." This was how JP-845 simplified that principle, so that she could always remember it.

So what did that mean? If one were to apply that principle to the human nervous system, down to every level, eventually, it would become clear that humans had no "free will" as commonly thought. Humans exist under the laws of physics. Brain and nervous system are physical objects. Thus when a person "made a choice", it was really them being a puppet of the laws of the universe. A person can "make a choice". However, since all actions are the physical results of all previous actions, that choice wasn't really theirs. A person can "make a choice", yes. However, people are incapable of "choosing what choices they make" was an apt metaphor to describe this state of physical affairs.

Exhaling another breath, JP-845 looked at the altar. She was still ruminating on determinism, but "that was the only outcome possible."

The Sakura family was always going to be destroyed. It was the only outcome possible.

That however, opened another whole can of worms. If indeed, G-d, from the very beginning decreed that the world would follow a certain set of laws, leading to death and atrocity, how could one claim that He was Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnibenevolent?

The answer was simple. In laying down the equations and laws that would dictate the universe, G-d was omnibenevolent in that he created the world with the most amount of good possible and the least amount of evil possible and that evil existed as part of a mathematical function that brought about good...

But even that begged its own questions about omnipotence...

JP-845 let out another breath, steamy warmth blowing from her mouth.

JP-845 exhaled once again, breathing in to prepare for her prayer:

"Merciful G-d, in whom is no darkness at all, we come before You at the end of this day. We thank You that You have given us strength for our daily work, and have guided us safely through this day. Bless what was good in our labour and conduct.

Since You ordained that man should labour during the day and rest at night, we pray You to give us peaceful and undisturbed rest so that we may be able to take up our daily task again. Command Your angels to guard us and cause Your face to shine upon us. We cast all our anxieties on You, for You take care of us.

Control our sleep and rule our hearts, in order that we may not be defiled in any way but may glorify You even in our nightly rest. Defend and protect us against all assaults of the devil and take us into Your divine protection.

We confess that we did not spend this day without grievously sinning against You. In Your mercy please cover our sins as You cover the earth in the darkness of the night.

Grant comfort and rest to all who are ill, bowed down with grief, or afflicted with spiritual distress. Your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not abandon the works of Your hands.

All this we ask in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

"There's rosemary, that's for remembrance." Quoting secular Shakespeare, she laid down a sprig of rosemary in the name of the Sakura family, having complete her prayer.

Bowing one last time in for the souls of Mr Sakura, Mrs Sakura and Momo Sakura, JP-845 turned to make her exit. Rubbing her hands as if they were stained in blood, she continued to breathe heavily even as she left.
[dice]4466[/dice]

I have this urge to teach Junko about compatabilism, but she's invested enough of her identity in denying her own ability to choose that it's a lost cause.

So, an /a/ drawfriend made a sketch of Junko doing a variation on Gendo Ikari's pose.

COyCvgZ.jpg

We all should have a good idea OOC who that is by now.

Was it ever in doubt?

Your dream-sight is fixed on an image of two notes, side-by-side. They were the notes that you had found earlier whenever Kaname Corporation Tower was involved.

"K.K. managed to bypass some of the security measures for you. Unfortunately, the room can tell if the things are still there or not. Regards, M.O."
"I don't think it works for skewering kebab, but it protects a decent amount. Turn left, go straight, head right, second room. No alarm this time. Regards, M.O."

Both of these notes had two things in common, namely, you got them both whenever you wandered in Kaname Corporation Tower. Secondly, a piercing feeling in your heart told you that they were meant for you.

A flame of terror engulfs you and you find your dreaming self shaking. Not only did the invisible hand loom over Kyouko and Mrs Momoe, but apparently, it also dwelt over you. You find yourself suffocating in that knowledge. With the mind-altering ribbons, it was all too clear to you now that forces greater than you could possibly comprehend were acting on you with impunity as if you were all puppets. That much you knew.

If whatever forces out there had the ability to predict that you were going to be somewhere at a certain time, they probably would've had the ability to predict...

Your mind wanders off. If Mother was the target of an assassination, why did the attackers not opt to bomb the Kaname residence if they knew where she would be?

Your brain is electrified in relief. The attackers did not have the ability to deduce that Mother lived in this house. Yet from what you've experienced, those notes from M.O. seemed limited to Kaname Corporation Tower only. Assuming M.O. was indeed affiliated with the attackers, then their capabilities were limited to the Tower alone, which could provide an explanation as to why they targeted the Tower. However, M.O.'s lack of influence outside of the Tower did not necessarily point to exclusive influence within the Tower. Rather, the most general explanation seemed to be that because Kaname Corporation Tower was Kaname Corporation's headquarters, whoever called for the attack was assuming that Mother was probably there because she was the CEO. It was convoluted, but your head grasped it.

M.O. relied on you stealing things from the Kaname Corporation. If Mother perished, theft wouldn't exactly be easy.

---

Again, waking up from a dreamless sleep, you rise from the position that you had assumed the night before. A light soreness jolted through your back. You had fallen asleep in the fetal position, your back against the wall.

---

For the morning, Father puts on a smile that you can see falsehood behind. As Tatsuya and you eat breakfast at the table, you see that Father's motions seem very scripted. He was being too much of a homemaker.

Not seeing a reason to spread panic, you play along with his white lie. After all, Mother was often early for work.

Tatsuya did not need to cry.

---

There was a certain chill to the world as you met up with Sayaka and Hitomi for your walk to school. Sayaka's blue eyes turned to meet yours' and Hitomi's green ones turned to meet Sayaka's. Evidently, some of what transpired had made it into the morning news. The oppressive silent bore down on everyone, perhaps due to fear of jinxing themselves.

[] Wait for someone to start small talk.
[] Start small talk yourself.
-[] About what?
[] "To be quite honest, I long for whoever did that to be brought to justice."
[] "To be quite honest, I'd like to see them get a taste of their own medicine."
[] "To be quite honest, I hope they die."
[] "To be quite honest, I hope they die, like animals"
[] "To be quite honest, I want to kill them."

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 2nd, 9:00 am

29 days remaining until ???

Last edited:
[X] "To be quite honest, I want to know why they would do such a thing."

Last edited:

QuantumWings That should be "such", right?

[X] "To be quite honest, I want to know why theywould do such a thing."

[X] Start small talk yourself.
-[X] "You know, I found a fluff doll asking a little girl to fight monsters eternally the other day without telling her how horrible it would be!"

QuantumWings That should be "such", right?
[X] "To be quite honest, I want to know why theywould do such a thing."

"To be quite honest, I want to know why they would do such a thing."

Hitomi stared nervously into you, as did Sayaka.

"Would you happen to be talking about Kaname Corporation or the village nuking in Syria?" Fear and surprise jolted through your heart and Sayaka's eyes shifted around, as if some cold aura of terror had descended onto her.

[] "Nukes?"
[] "Who knows, they might be related."

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 2nd, 9:05 am

29 days remaining until ???