1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mega Morphing Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Flightless Man, Jul 5, 2021.

?

Who should become the Green Ranger

Poll closed Jul 26, 2021.
  1. Orion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kat

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Adam

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Rocky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Aisha

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Tanya

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Justin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bulk

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  9. Skull

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Lauren

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. SharkCultist

SharkCultist The Kamen Rider Of Depression

I'll admit I haven't seen a ton but from the bits and pieces I have seen Kamen Rider Build is my favorite.

It's just really had to find a good place to watch it, not helping are all the crossover movies and specials. And they're always canon. Sometimes even directly impacting the main series or referenced.

Flightless Man likes this.
  2. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

I've only seen Black RX, Kuuga, and Kabuto myself. I'm glad shout is getting some now. I had a friend in college do translation subs for a bunch of sentai, but never thought getting Ultraman/Metal heroes/K Rider

SharkCultist likes this.
  3. Threadmarks: Episode 17: Jake Thinks Twice
    Flightless Man

Episode 17: Jake Thinks Twice
    As he dashes away from the nightmare inducing lab, Jake desperately searches for a wheelchair, gurney, or just anything that can roll. His search is cut short, when he nearly runs right into a pair of cawing foes.

Slamming this foot into the first ones beak, he sends it crashing into the ceiling and wastes no time moving onto the second one. The burnt bodies of several more lay on the ground, with scorch marks covering the hallway.

“Boy am I glad to see you,” Pants Noah in relief, as soon as Jake enters the lab being attacked. “Yo know where the others are?” He drives an elbow into his opponents sternum and nearly collapses against the wall when he sees the fight is over.

“Others?” Angela Fairweather has her weapon drawn on the door, but doesn’t miss the word choice. “What exactly are you doing here Mister Loudermilk?”

Noah tries to catch Jake’s gaze, but the black ranger is distracted by the sight of the offline robot from the future. “Well that’s not actually my name, but I can’t tell you what it really is either.” He shrugs off her calculating expression for now and lets Nate out of his cupboard.

“So for all I know, you’re behind this attack?” She jerks her weapon towards the two rangers, her eyes narrowing in concern.

Snorting at that, Jake has no time for this nonsense. “Lady, do you actually know what’s going on in this place?” When she tries to claim the standard line of defensive research, he shushes her. “Grab something with wheels and follow me, if you can still say that in a couple minutes… well I think you’re not so innocent either.”

Nate is starting to freak out as Miss Fairweather directs him to grab one of the folded wheelchairs. “What’s happening here?”

“You’re going to find out.” Jake leads the trio back the way he came and directs Angela to open the lock.

She tries to scan herself in, but it only flashes red in response. “I’m supposed to have clearance for the whole floor...”

“That’s a point in favor of you not being a shitty person.” Jake grabs her pistol and sends a beam of energy for the door handle. “Now you may want to cover your noses, this place reeks.”

Mercer doesn’t give them an easy time getting inside the room, peppering them with laser beams of his own. “I knew something was wrong with you!” He roars when Jake narrowly avoids a lethal shot and charges towards him in a tackle.

Jake brings the crazed man down to the ground hard, with his head slamming hard against the floor. “If a sicko like you is saying that, I’m proud of the compliment.”

“Oh my god...” Angela gasps when she finally sees the state of Tommy Oliver.

“Yeah, that was my reaction.” Jake growls, as Noah helps him get the abducted teen onto the wheelchair.

Calling over to Nate, Noah gets him to push. “You ready to go? We need to move before any more of those things show up.”

“Is that Gia?” Crowded around the security monitors with the other recruits, Orion points out one camera to Troy.

In one hallway Gia is facing off with a trio of foes, while on the floor below her a squad of soldiers are engaging another group. “Yeah, we’re going to need to find the fastest way to her.” Agrees Troy, as he scans the other screens.

Soldiers are scattered around the base and doing a surprisingly effective job at defending the base, but do still lose men in every fight. “Who are they?” He catches sight of a mustached man in a military dress uniform, who is doing his very best to keep to teens safe behind him.

“Captain Mitchell and his kids, he’s in charge of the whole defense division.” One of the other recruits answers for Troy.

Grabbing a pair of radios, Troy shoves one into that guys hands. “Alright, guide me and Orion to them. We’ll grab them and our friend, make sure they get to safety.” He doesn’t let anyone argue, grabbing his friend’s hand and racing from the room.

“You two better pick up the pace, the birds have a boss.” They hear one of the recruit’s voice crackle over the radio. “And he’s ripping right through the Guardians.”

“Give us the clearest path to them,” Troy growls and ignores the burning in his lungs as he charges down the corridor. He and Orion are forced to ignore several hallways, the sounds of combat steering them down side corridors.

“One more left and then take the stairs down one flight.” Doing as instructed, Troy thanks the recruit and dashes down the steps two at a time.

They arrive to find Gia standing above her downed opponents and she nearly starts laying into the duo. Only Orion’s frantic cry of her name, saves Troy from a boot to the jaw.

“How much farther to the Captain and his family?” Troy barely greets the yellow ranger, before he’s already back on the radio for further directions.

“Far side of the floor you three are on, they managed to hole up in one of the bathrooms and are keeping the birds out.” The recruit’s voice is grim. “But the monkey thing is heading right for them and they aren’t alone!”

The trio arrive in the hallway, to find Noah and Jake holding back a dozen of the Tengu. They manage to keep the birds from getting inside the bathroom, but are visibly slowing down from how long they have been forced to.

Interfering before the two receive any serious injury, the trio surprise the cawing warriors. They crash into them from behind and start dropping the shocked foes with relative ease.

“About time you guys found us,” Noah groans.

Troy ignores this and barks orders at the bathroom door. “Captain Mitchell, we need to get you all out of here now! The monster in charge of the attack is on it’s way here.”

“Too late for escape I’m afraid.” The mocking voice of Baboo fills the hallway. He struts forward seemingly unaware it is the rangers before him, or maybe just uncaring after his earlier torture at Rita’s hands.

“I’m going to need too bring you all with me, so please… resist.” He smirks in feral delight, snapping his hands forward and revealing his razor sharp claws. “I really need to work off my aggression on someone.”

“Get my children out of here!” The voice of Captain Mitchell roars, as a constant barrage of energy flies at the vampire ape. He charges towards Baboo with both his and Miss Fairweather’s blaster, raw determination plastered on his face.

The blasts are mostly avoided by Baboo, but those strike the sealed doors of an elevator behind the monster. It melts away and exposes the long drop down, with Captain Mitchell tackling the monster inside.

Baboo’s scream mixes with the father’s roar of triumph, before a swarm of smoky bats explode from the shaft. They screech and escape through the air vents, leaving the four rangers alone with their charges.

“Dad!” Dana’s shriek is filled with anguish, with Ryan collapsing to his knees beside her.

“We need to leave now, this place isn’t what we thought it was.” Grabbing the grief stricken teens by the hand, Miss Fairweather starts pulling them towards the stairs.

“I finally know where I recognize your voice.” The recruit on the radio finally catches on, with Troy just hoping the security guard from city hall remains silent. “So I’m guessing you lot want to avoid the squad of Guardians heading for you?”

Troy blinks in shock, but does answer however slowly. “Yeah, we need to get these people out of here.”

“If I hadn’t just seen you all risk your lives for them, I may be doubting myself more over this.” The recruit remarks with a chuckle. “So take the stairs and go up all three flights, you’ll need to cross half the floor and take the blue flight of stairs to the surface. It’ll bring you out at the car park entrance and you’ll be in the clear.”

“I owe you one for this.”

The guy laughs even harder in response to that. “I’d say we’re even, after you taught us to aim for the head.”

Cassidy and Devon watch the green ranger defend the entire street by himself, none of the other rangers in sight. She has the fear stricken Devon keep rolling, while she does her best to capture the scene for the first close up battle footage.

“And even though just days ago he was one of our greatest threats, today the Green Ranger is the only reason anyone on this street is alive right now.” She directs Devon to pan across the battlefield, especially the few civilians still cowering in fear.

“Since he no longer has the golden crest around his neck, I can only conclude he was being controlled by it before.” Cassidy tries to keep her voice calm and crystal clear in her delivery, but she knows a few stammers slipped in. “He saved my cameraman and myself not fifteen minutes ago, but now he faces this unicorn monster alone.”

She turns away from the camera and gives her live report on the battle before her. She watches the green ranger avoid dozens of pinkish balls of plasma and get thrown around by gale force winds. When he’s struck by a bolt of lightning and sent flying from the explosion, Cassidy has to bite her lip to avoid shrieking.

“I’ll be rewarded well for bringing Rita and Zedd your head,” Polluticorn howls in triumph at the groaning Bulk. “Traitors will not be tolerated!” He sends forth another bolt of energy, only for this one to be thankfully interrupted.

A trio of arrows strike the monster and explode, sending him rolling along the road. Emma lands beside Bulk and helps him up, making sure to keep her eyes on the monster.

“Sorry I’m so late,” She apologizes and quickly sends another set of arrows forward with precise aim. “The airfield was hit and I just managed to get away.”

“I’m going to assume the others are dealing with something similar,” Bulk hisses out in response, positive his shoulder is dislocated. “And not that I’m being taught some kind of lesson.”

Snorting at the idea, Emma assures him that’s not the case. “If it is, I wasn’t told about it.”

“This thing is tough, how are we going to take him down?” Bulk meets the Polluticorn with both Blade Blaster and Dragon Dagger in hand, barely catching the monsters claws on them.

“He looks like a unicorn, so I’m guessing the horn is important.” Emma focuses on the glowing horn and sighs in relief when four beams of color arrive on the scene.

Troy relives Bulk immediately, his sword clipping the monster on the side and sending into rolling away. “You did great, sorry we took so long.”

Working with the red ranger, Bulk grabs the monsters arm and pins it to his side. “What kept you guys?” He asks casually, even though he’s burning to know.

“We found out what was really going on and let’s just say… never bet against Yellow when she has a hunch.” Jake remarks and starts the process of bringing the Power Weapons together.

“Move!” Troy warns him when they fire, giving Bulk enough time to get clear of the blast.

When the smoke clears, another naked stranger is revealed. “Alpha, just like we talked about.” Gia calls the Command Center and Bulk watches the cleansed person shoot away in a beam of grey light.

“Where’s he going?” Bulk realizes the beam is not going towards the desert.

“Sending him to Canada so the Guardians can’t experiment on him.” Explains Gia with an audible smirk. “We’re going to send them all over so the Guardians can’t hide them away anymore.”

Happerry likes this.
  4. SharkCultist

You know random thought but while I'm thinking about it.

Spd. Space patrol delta.

Does that mean there's a space patrol alpha, beta, gamma, etc?

I know they had a alpha squad but Im not sure

Ajlove and Flightless Man like this.
  5. Flightless Man

What the heck... I was literally writing notes for a Ninjor SI and wrote the sentence where we call it Space Patrol Alpha in honor of Alpha. I put the pencil down and opened this page to see you must be watching me.

I do think it's more like how in star trek they have a 4 quadrant galaxy and SPD is just that quarter of the milky way.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  6. SharkCultist

Could be each space patrol is different.

Delta for home police force
    Alpha for expansion and border patrol
    Beta for diplomatic
    Charlie for import/export route patrols?

7. Flightless Man

That's a good idea too that I had never considered, divisions like medical/science/engineering/security kind of thing or different fields like security/detective/soldier

SharkCultist likes this.
  8. Threadmarks: Episode 17.5: The Rival Rangers
    Flightless Man

Episode 17.5: The Rival Rangers

Crowded around the Ziktor families television, Orion hastily flicks to the news. When the Green Ranger is revealed downtown and facing the monster by himself, Orion speaks into his wrist.

"Hayley, you may want to get in here." He winces when Bulk takes a blast of electricity, shielding the reporter and cameraman with his own body. "Rita's back with some new friends."

Overhearing him, Angela Fairweather raises an eyebrow in his direction. Who are you kids? When the front door slams open a few moments later, her jaw drops.

"What's she doi-" Hayley freezes in place, with Alpha beside her. "We have guests… You didn't say anything."

"Whoa…" Aware of how impressive Alpha is, Nate starts to slowly approach. "Are you really a robot?"

Ryan doesn't notice the lack of humanity in Alpha, his eyes locked on the news. "I thought the Green Ranger was the bad guy, why is he saving everyone?"

"Because we broke the curse on him during the last battle," Unaware that the guests are uninformed, Alpha is just excited to have new people to converse with. "How do you know the Rangers, are you Hayley and Orion's off world relatives?"

"Alpha!" Hissing at him, Hayley is rapidly going pale, while Orion backs out of the room to find his mom.

Dana's eyes go wide and she starts to put all the pieces together. "The people who saved us at the beach, they're the..."

"Power Rangers." Angela agrees with her conclusion, making Hayley sag in defeat.

"Yeah, but now we can't really let you leave." Explains Karone, as she follows her worried son into the room. "Not until they finish and decide how to handle this."

Emma arrives in the shot, saving Bulk when he's being overwhelmed by the Polluticorn. Within few minutes, the rest of the team is at the battle and the tide turns swiftly for the heroes.

As the monster begins reverting back to it's human form, the news switches to outside of the city hall. Mayor Daniels is giving a speech, but everyone's eyes lock onto he man beside him.

"Dad?" Gasps Ryan, still in shock over seeing him fall to his apparent death not even an hour ago.

Beside him, Dana grabs his hand and feels her heart hammering in her chest. "That's not him."

They listen as the person claiming to be Captain Mitchell gives his speech to California. "Today, the Silver Guardians proved we are scaring these aliens. They attacked our bases specifically, but we endured!"

"They did not find us alone though, they had spies inside our organization." A picture of Angela Fairweather is shown. "This woman infiltrated us and kidnapped my children, but she did not do this alone."

He brings up a picture of Nate next, with one of Jake and his false identity next. "These spies will be found and my children recovered." Noah's fake name and picture is next, with Gia, Troy, and Orion all having blurry security camera stills. "We will find you, I promise." He stares directly into the camera and everyone in the room shifts uncomfortably.

"Well..." Karone flicks the television on mute when it begins replaying the battle footage. "None of you can leave now, so I better get some rooms ready for all of you." She snorts to herself and then pauses beside the door.

"So who is this?" She points to Tommy, who's currently experiencing a very fitful sleep on the couch.

Taking responsibility for him, Angela explains with a disgusted expression on her face. "Anton Mercer was supposed to be finding a new kind of steroid, so our Guardians could compete with the monsters. Mister Rizik was the one who recovered him, so I am unaware of exactly what was in the concoction."

Knocking at the door with no vehicle coming up the very long driveway can only mean one group is outside, so Hayley hurries over to let the rangers in. The six enter looking proud of what they accomplished, but the expressions vanish when they see Alpha being examined by Nate.

"How much do you know?" Troy sighs in resignation.

Slamming the door to his new office, Baboo peels his false face off and throws it onto the desk. "Don't worry William, we'll find your kids soon and bring them home." He sneers at the gagged form of Captain William Mitchell, who is currently strapped down onto an operating table.

"Don't worry so much, you'll love your new body." Baboo's door receives a coded knock and opens with no one in the hallway. Footsteps enter though and soon the door slams shut again.

The air ripples and reveals the yellow-orange metal body of Frax. "Are we ready to begin the procedure?" The being once known as Doctor Phenomenus eagerly asks, his hands twitching in excitement.

"Yes. We need to make him loyal to our cause and capable of facing the Rangers." Smirking at the struggling man, he reaches for a syringe filled with sedatives.

Emerging from the waves, Robo Knight's gleaming body walks onto the New Zealand beach. Hanging from his waist from a silver chain, is the sputtering Skull.

"Can we please find a different way to the next place, I know you can fly." Skull grumbles as a crab crawls from one of his eye sockets, skittering across his face.

Ignoring the complaint, Robo Knight attunes his sensors to a very special frequency of spiritual energy. "The Guardian of the Earth key is nearby, we must ensure Scorpina does not acquire it before us."

"Why not?" Skull doesn't see what's so special about these keys.

Moving as fast as he can, Robo Knight races through the coastal woods at nearly sixty miles an hour. "If she acquires all six and uses them, evil will ooze across the land smothering the very essence of life itself on Earth."

"So you just gave keys to random people six thousand years ago?" Even Skull knows that was a stupid idea.

"One of my… father's students, Barza the Sage was the one to seal away this evil the first time." Explains Robo Knight, finding he is… receptive to having such a steady source of conversation. "His Dairangers harnessed the power of Qi and stopped the oozing evil. The descendants of each ranger was entrusted with the keys that locked away Ivan Ooze."

When they near the energy being given off by the key, Skull growls in warning. "Scorpina's nearby, be careful."

"How can you be sure?"

"Anyone corrupted by Master Vile himself, they give off a very special feeling of immense power." Skull does his own explaining. "The rest of us monsters, we feel like a diet version of the big bosses."

Sounds of battle come from the cottage in the woods, sending Robo Knight surging towards the area. He draws his gleaming blade and with a single motion deflects Scorpina's strike. Standing between her and the older man, Robo Knight pushes forward and throws her back.

"Fear not, I shall keep you safe." He promises the man with the bushy white beard, who is clutching his back in pain. "The Key is not for your claws Fiend!"

Running from the cabin is a teen in green, his face contorted in worry now that a second monster has shown itself. "Grandpa Albert!" He has a glowing green key in his hand, with that energy flowing around his body.

"Get back inside!" Albert roars at his grandson. "We can't let her get the Key!"

Ignoring his elder like any good teenager should, Xander Bly bellows in defiance at the monsters threatening his family. "Mystic Qi of the Earth unlock, aura change!" An emerald light shines forth from the key in his hand, covering him in the energy.

Now covered in green material composed of Nature Qi, it is accented by white armor on his torso. Bands on his gloves and boots are also white, with gold trim going up to his helmet and showing an intricate design of some mythical creature.

"Spirit of the Earth," Xander calls out like it is second nature, even though his families key has not shone in over six hundred years. "Green Mystic Minotaur Dairanger!" He leaps for Robo Knight and kicks the warrior back, leaving himself open to Scorpina.

"Silly boy, you should have stayed inside where it was safe!" She grabs one of his arms in her claws and throws him into the air. Before he lands Scorpina leaps up to meet him and drives her other claw into his gut.

He folds around the impact and coughs out in pain. Unused to the strain on his body, Xander's morphed state fails him. He crashes to the dirt gasping in agony, the key just out of his reach.

"Thanks for the help," She taunts the fallen teen and grabs the key, molting just as Robo Knight cleaves her in twain. "But I have what I need now, so I need to run." She dashes away with a mad cackling, leaving Robo Knight unsure of his duty.

"What are you doing, help them!" Skull roars in his auditory receiver, ending his uncertainty in the face of injured people and a very clear threat.

He kneels beside the groaning Xander and helps him sit up. "Are you uninjured, or do you require medical care?"

The uncaring tone doesn't match the words, which makes Xander open his eyes. When he sees the robot knight staring down at him, he nearly freezes. He's the one who saved us Xander, so just smile and say hello.

"Hey, thanks Mate." Hey accepts the hand up and tries not to scream when he sees Skull. "...I mean Mates, you two really saved us." Blushing at his earlier mistake, he also owns up to it. "And you know, sorry for attacking you."

"I am unfamiliar, it is expected for a human to react with fear and aggression." Robo Knight ignores the apology and begins checking on the fallen Albert. "Are you also well human?"

"Call me Albert," He grumbles back. "And no I'm not alright. Some monster just stole the Earth Key and nearly killed me and my grandson."

Xander chimes in with a shame filled voice. "I should have listened to you, I'm sorry for screwing up Grandpa."

"I will recover it, Scorpina will be heading for the Water Key next and I only need to intercept her." Promises Robo Knight, now assured the two will be fine.

"Bring me with you two, it's my families responsibility to protect the Earth Key…" He scowls at his feet, growling at his failure. "In the entire time we've been guarding it, I'm the first one to screw it up."

In a well of family manor in Italy, Madison cowers with her sister Vida. The scorpion woman had made her entrance by destroying an entire wall, with her father yelling at them to get the key away.

No matter how hard she tries to force herself, Madison just can't move. This isn't real, the Dairangers are just a family legend. Vida tries to do as their father ordered, but the spreading flames make it impossible.

When the monsterous woman impales him with her barbed tail, it breaks any will remaining in the sisters to reach the Water Key. "Dad!" They scream in unison and charge her, only to be swatted aside like flies.

"Stay down girls, I've already won." Scorpina mocks them and strides through the fire towards the family vault.

The pair collapse from the smoke, not realizing they are saved by Robo Knight and Xander Bly mere minutes after Scorpina leaves.

Chip dry heaves on his side, the freezing Iceland air biting into his flesh. The last embers of his home fizzle in the melted snow and he can't see anyone moving.

"Mom!" He calls into the smoky night, dread filling him faster than the cold. "Dad? Annie..." His voice grows weak but to his surprise, someone answers.

"Are you the Keeper of the Lightning Key?" The metallic voice of Robo Knight asks, with Skull chiding him immediately.

"Not the point, we're here and no one else is." He reminds his partner, even as Xander and the Rocca sisters move to help him up. "So we're helping no matter who he is."

Chip can recognize the feel of Qi in each of the three people and knows he will have justice for his family. "She get your keys too?"

"And we're going to get them back." Agrees Vida, her voice filled with determination.

"I assume you will be joining us?" Robo Knight remarks, already aware how desperately humans cling to each other in a crisis. "Scotland and the Key of Fire is next, we must be even faster this time."

Ajlove likes this.
  9. Threadmarks: Episode 18: Gia's Identity Crisis
    Flightless Man

Episode 18: Gia’s Identity Crisis
    “None of us can actually leave, not like this.” Gia realizes with a wince.

Nodding along with her, Troy turns to Karone with a sigh. “Do you think you and Hayley would be able to grab some hair dye for all of us?”

While Emma and Jake look aghast, Karone just laughs at Noah’s horror. “My mom is going to kill me when I get home...” He starts to make wild plans. “I can just live at the Command Center with you Alpha, you are always saying how lonely it is.”

“Should I let him keep going for a while, or is now a good time to save the day?” Orion nudges his sister, who slaps at him before interrupting Noah.

“We’ll just use what my mom does, it’ll completely change your hairstyle in like ten minutes.” Grinning in relief when Noah stops freaking out, she runs upstairs to get it.

Everyone else turns to Karone and she shows off her hair, which the rangers are only now realizing is a ruby red bob. “I’m thinking twists for you and maybe some side burns?” She double checks with Noah, but Hayley is the one who answers when she returns.

“No to the sideburns, but what about just a thick layer of stubble?” Hayley hands her mother the strange device and examines Noah more closely. “Are you alright with that?”

As his cheeks become dusted with pink, Noah considers the look. “I don’t have to dye my hair?”

“Honestly, with you it’ll only make you stand out even more.” Emma calms him down with a grin on her face. “It’ll be the same with me and Jake, so the other three get to play with the dye.”

“Well I call dibs on the sideburns,” Jake declares, making Gia shake her head in annoyance.

“Fine, but I want to see how you look with these curls shoulder length.” She runs her fingers through his rather short locks and purses her lips in thought. “Maybe a Zappa mustache to go with it.”

Smirking back at her, his retort comes with a single raised eyebrow. “Don’t I get a say in this?”

“Of course no-” He muffles her response with a kiss, before ducking away from her retaliatory swat. “Hey!” She growls playfully, while he gives her own looks some consideration.

“If you’re dying your hair, I say try out a nice ginger.” Giving her a thoughtful look, Jake explains. “I think after taking charge today, you could really pull off the red look.”

Troy watches the interactions and knows it’s time for him to say something. These are my friends, I can trust them with this. He interrupts the discussion on giving Emma shorter hair and Gia waist length locks, with very sweaty palms.

“I need to say something.” He gathers his nerves when everyone goes silent and looks his way. “When we faced our greatest desires on the Island of Illusion, I realized it doesn’t have to be an impossibility for me. Things are better than they used to be, but I can’t just ignore what’s going on.”

“What is it Troy?” Noah’s mind is going off with wild theories.

He takes a deep breath and opens up for the first time in his life. “I’m gay.”

No one reacts at first, but Jake starts to nod at Alpha. “Is that what you meant at the mall Jake?” The robot is only curious and in no way judgmental.

“Yeah, good job keeping quiet buddy.”

“You knew?” Troy frowns in concern.

Alpha gives an embarrassed chirp and explains. “It was very strange being a human, I was experiencing so many new feelings.”

“I told him it wasn’t important and to keep quiet until you said something.”

“Not important?” Troy is relieved but in disbelief.

Noah is the one who clarifies for a smirking black ranger. “If you knew how many Queen albums he owns and has memorized, you wouldn’t be so surprised. He’s not always thick headed.”

“It’s different on every planet,” Chimes in Karone with memories of her home world filling her mind. “On KO35, we only have same sex relationships until our family arranges a marriage. It let’s people learn how to love, with no danger of unwanted children.”

“Really?” Troy looks amazed.

Having actually experienced several different planets before choosing Earth as her home, Karone gives a supportive smile. “Yeah, but some are even worse than here. Triforia forbids any form of love with another of any gender, but they can split in three… so it’s not really the same thing.”

“Jake’s right,” Emma agrees and gives Troy’s hand a squeeze. “It doesn’t matter. You’re who you’ve always been, we just know more of who that is now.”

“Jake’s right...” Mutters Gia with a playful smirk. “If even Jake can figure out the answer so easy, why would any of us have a different answer?” With those words, everyone turns to Bulk and gives him a look.

“What?” He looks affronted. “My uncle’s boyfriend is really awesome, he’s the one who got me my weights.” He gives an awkward shrug. “If we’re done going over the obvious, can we get back to the disguises. Because I think you would look great with a goatee.”

“No one will recognize us on Tuesday, it’s going to be wild.” Noah agrees, before he realizes that doesn’t solve everything. “But um… What about them?”

“I can get some fake identities set up and we can change their looks.” Holding up the device, Karone shows off Noah’s finished hairstyle. “It’ll at least let you go down into Angel Grove again.”

Robo Knight has both hand on the back of the Rocca family Yacht, his rocket sending it across the sea faster than it was ever designed to do so. He scowls at the four human’s taking shelter inside the cabin and gripes to Skull.

“The humans are slowing us immensely, we should leave them behind and pursue Scorpina ourselves.” He gives his logical reasons, but is still not convinced himself. “It is the logical choice.”

“We didn’t win when we took her on by ourselves and we know she can tango with a whole team of Rangers.” Skull reminds him firmly. “So maybe it’s a good idea to finish getting our own set for back up on this.”

Considering this, Robo Knight finally concedes when he makes sight of the Scottish shoreline. “That is not without merit.” Slowing down before crashing into the rocky beach, he leaves the ship resting in the sheltered cove.

“You guys ready?” Skull bellows at the four inside. Three flashes of light inside the yacht are his answer, with the yellow, green, and blue Dairangers emerging. Vida exits last, with a disgruntled frown on her face.

“Go, I’ll make sure the boat is here when you come back with yet another ranger.”

Robo Knight is aware she volunteered to be useful, without him having to push any of the humans. “You are most logical, I approve.” He misses her expression of embarrassment, as he and the three rangers race across the beach and up into the highlands.

“Even I know that was rude RK,” Chides Skull with a quieter voice than he normally uses. “She wants to help as much as anyone, it’s not her fault that the Rocca’s only had one key.”

“Is your sister a better candidate for being a ranger?” Roboknight blurts his question to Maddison, missing Skull’s expression of guilt.

Not willing to throw her sister under the bus and also not willing to give Robo Knight an excuse to regift her Key of Water, Maddison takes a moment to answer him. “… We have different talents, but I know she tries her hardest in everything she does.”

“She beat us again!” Roars Xander in rage when he sees smoke billowing from a literal castle. Thick black plumes of ash rise into the air and rain down on the nearby land, creating a carpet of grey as far as the eye can see.

“Be on your guard, I will flush her out.” Commands the ancient robot, something that almost sounds like worry is filling his voice. “Do not allow her to escape again.”

Rocketing over the stone wall, he and Skull crash down in the courtyard only to find very little is actually damaged by fire. Only the remains of a wood stack show signs of more than singes, with the ash having to have come from somewhere else.

“Is the fiend still here?” Robo Knight scans the area for any movement but finds none.

“I don’t think so, but it feels like she rolled everywhere for miles.” Explains his cranial companion.

A ball of fire shoots from the main halls doorway, striking Robo Knight’s chest to little effect. “What else can you take from me!” The red Dairanger charges forth with fury burning inside him.

“We are too late again.” The knight’s words make Nick stop in his tracks, not sensing that vile magic his mother’s killer carried inside her.

“You aren’t after the Key of Fire, are you one of the other Keepers?” Nick keeps his guard up, but is willing to listen.

“Nah, they’re outside waiting for us.” The split pattern skull hanging from Robo Knight’s side answers, making Nick go pale under his dragon themed helmet. “We can’t wait for long. So if you’re going to help us stop Scorpina, better hurry up.”

Nick shakes his head firmly, revenge clouding his mind in the moment. “She already took everything and everyone I care about, I have nothing left here.”

Again missing the social cues, Robo Knight believes this to be a positive. “Excellent. I am glad one of you humans does not need to waste time saying goodbye to some relative.”

“Dude!” Skull bites him hard enough to leave a slight impression in the metal. “Not cool.”

“But accurate.” Shaking of his desire to slag the robot, Nick follows them outside. “Who has the next key?”

“It is on the island you humans call Zandar.” Wasting no time on greetings, Robo Knight shoots into the sky and forces the now four rangers to keep up.

“Who are you?” Prince Phillip weakly asks as Robo Knight lifts the beam crushing him.

“Mate, we’re the Dairangers.” With a soft voice, Xander introduces the others. “We came to make sure one of us kept our key.”

“She’s going right for the vault,” Moans the Keeper of the Wind Key. “You have to stop her!”

The rangers start to head off to secure the royal vault, but they fail to realize Vida has vanished already. When rage filled shrieks start coming from the floor below, the group break into a sprint.

A grim faced and extremely determined Vida is being pursued by a fury filled Scorpina. The glowing pink key in her hand is clutched tightly to her chest, even as the monster giving chase stabs for her with the barbed tail.

“Vida!” Her sister yells a warning, before a stream of water crashes into Scorpina and sends her rolling backwards.

“Nice timing,” The proud Vida gasps, even as the pink glow extends to cover her entire body.

When the light show ends, everyone is left staring at the pink Dairanger of the Wind Qi. The glow is gone from the ancient key in her hand, but it still retains the rose pink shade to the metal.

The ground beside her shatters, as the burrowing Scorpina emerges to grab the key. “I liked it better when you couldn’t keep up, don’t get so buried by responsibility… it’ll kill you.”

She blasts the nearest stone pillar and dives back into the ground, tearing through the foundation below. The castle begins to shake and soon the ceiling begins collapsing on top of everyone’s heads.

In a frantic panic, the five rangers join the steely resolve of Robo Knight and turn every falling bit of stone to powder. His gleaming blade of gold carves through the largest chunks, letting Vida keep them aloft.

Nick and Chip combine Qi energy, to bake the stone into volcanic rock and shatter it with lightning. Xander holds the roof up with a mass of roots and slowly extends the pathway back outside.

“If we do not stop her in Japan, she will free Ivan Ooze and doom the world.” Reminding them of what is at stake, Robo Knight leads the bruised and battered Dairangers to the final Keeper Barza.

Ajlove likes this.
  10. SharkCultist

I wonder how you'll do Ivan (assuming he gets freed) full eldritch?

11. Flightless Man

You'll find out soon, but basically

Eldritch/tentacle ooze creature + Slytherin + Genie from Aladdin

12. Threadmarks: Episode 18.5: Man and Machine
    Flightless Man

Episode 18.5: Man and Machine
    Troy blinks in surprise when he watches Noah successfully throw his training partner onto the mats. “Nice one Noah, you’re really starting to take initiative.” He scans the rest of his class, before checking the clock. “Alright everyone, one more round and we’ll call it for today.”

He makes sure to focus on his teammate, as Noah performs another textbook Judo toss and slams Bulk onto his back. “Alright can we please hit the books now? You said you’d let me if I took the class with you.”

“Yeah, I’m kind of worried about Tuesday, what if Rita pulls something while we’re in class?” Troy dismisses his class with a bow and follows the pair over to the table being reserved. He smiles to himself when he notices Hayley scooch over upon their approach. I’ll have that one day.

“Looking good today guys, especially you Noah.” Compliments the natural redhead when Noah slides in beside her.

Chiming in with a smirk, Jake agrees. “You didn’t flinch once, you’re almost unrecognizable from two months ago.”

“Dad!” Orion jogs in from outside, his face contorted in confusion. “Turn on the news, but not the local channel. Something big is going on in Japan right now!” His voice is tense, prompting Ernie to do as requested.

The anchor on the national news station looks very concerned as she tries her best to read the teleprompter. “-ain for anyone just joining us now, the city of Sapporo Japan is under attack.”

The screen changes to very grainy and very live footage from across the Pacific. A humanoid crimson insect is engaged in battle with five color coded heroes in unfamiliar suits. The familiar form of Scorpina dances through the five rangers, a recent slash extends from her chin all the way down to her waist.

“I thought at first you guys got an upgrade without telling any of us, but then I realized they kind of lacked a black ranger.” He gives Jake a relieved look and pokes him just to be sure. “Which had me worried something went really wrong.”

“Where’s Eugene and RK?” Emma is the one to bring up the mission the pair left on only a week ago.

When Robo Knight leads the rangers inside Barza the Sage’s temple, he ignores the intricately carved designs that cover the marble walls. Striding through the opulent if empty corridor, the sound of moans can be heard ahead.

“Barza!” He wastes no time and charges into the final chamber, the white robed elder laying in the middle of the room.

Barza glances up when the Dairangers enter behind Robo Knight, his face relaxing when he sees they are morphed. “You succeeded, while an old man like me failed the world.” He reaches for his staff and uses it to rise back to his shaking feet.

“Actually, we didn’t.” Admits Nick with a shame filled voice. “We kind of hoped you managed to hold Scorpina off until we got here.”

“She will have headed to Mount Daisen hours ago, you will never catch her in time.” Groans the ancient sage, clutching at the dried blood on his sleeve. “I fear she only left me alive long enough to watch my failure come to fruition.”

Disagreeing with this statement entirely, Nick scowls unseen at the apprentice of Zordon. “Our failure you mean. Because I seem to recall six keys being taken, not just yours.”

And we’ll get them back, we still have tim-” Vida tries to rally everyone, but the ground trembles beneath her feet. The sky screams like a billion pots of water boiling all at once, the whistling forcing the humans to all collapse in agony.

“She’s inserting them now, you only have minutes before Ivan Ooze awakens.” Barza sages in defeat his pallid skin beginning to drip with sweat. “It’s over...”

“Incorrect.” Robo Knight refutes the inevitable, finally understanding why the humans refuse to give up. “My mission is to protect the environment, I will not allow this.” His legs transform into his rocket form and he shoots through the ceiling in a shower of rubble.

The landscape zooms past them, as Robo Knight forces his rocket to the maximum. “Do you wish for me to drop you, before I engage Scorpina?” He asks Skull with trepidation, uncertain for the first time and not wishing to face his possible end alone.

“I’d rather go down watching your back, then live another day as a coward.” Skull assures his new friend. Even if this just buys time for Emma’s team to save the day, I need to do this with him.

“...Thank you Eugene.” The robot with feelings speaks softly and narrows his eyes on the magma already beginning to become a grotesque shade of purple. “You may have a lot to learn, but you had even more to teach me.”

They crash down on the steaming rocks, right behind a cackling Scorpina. “It’s to late Herbie.” She mocks the duo, nor even deigning to face them. “Ivan Ooze is waking and he’s already providing me an army!”

The red Creepox charges from the cavern, his orange claws only barely being blocked in time. Robo Knight pushes back with his golden claymore and leaves deep gouges in the Insectoid’s claws.

“You’ll pay for that!” He goes into a frenzy, Creepox’s slashes increasing in speed with each swing.

Robo Knight is easily able to match the pace, but this leaves him open to Scorpina’s attack from behind… or so she thinks. Skull’s eyes glow orange as he calls a warning to his partner and blasts Scorpina directly in the face.

“Traitor!” She shrieks, her face now red with blistered flesh.

Skull just snorts at that remark. “You quit first, can’t blame me for finding a better team.”

With his warnings and blasts of orange eye fire, Skull manages to give Robo Knight just the edge he needs. “Scorpina is the greater threat, but if we focus on her the red one will be free to overwhelm us.”

His slash for her face is blocked by her claws, but instead of breaking away she clamps down on his weapon. “It’s about time you emerged Malkor, this machine is proving to be quite the nuisance.”

“I can see that.” The moth like Malkor struts from the cavern, purple ooze dripping from him in globs as he shakes his wings dry. “Our master wants this pest off of his porch, so I shall take over.” He informs the sneering Scorpina, which distracts her long enough for Robo Knight to wrench his weapon free.

He moves fast and slashes her from the waist to ear, a line of crimson blood showering the rocks and both combatants. Before he can land a follow up attack and finish her, Malkor grabs him from behind at lightning speed.

“Let’s see how well you can handle a real storm!” Each flap of Malkor’s wings sends a gust of wind rippling through the air. The temperature alternates each time, between freezing cold and blistering heat.

Soon a tumultuous black cloud grows around them and Malkor releases his metal prey. “This bug is going to zap you!” His roar is rapidly drowned out by the ‘Krakoom!’ of thunder.

Several bolts of lightning strike Robo Knight and Skull at the same time. The blinding flash of light is seen for dozens if not hundreds of miles, When the cascade of light ends, pieces of Robo Knight rain from the storm cloud. Skull shrieking as he alone is awake to experience the fall.

“Another one is showing up!” Gia exclaims with worry, her finger pointing out the dot on the news. Growing in size by the second, soon the resplendently terrifying form of Malkor joins the battle.

“Should we go help?” With a worried face, Noah is reaching for his communicator reflexively.

Troy considers the question and shakes his head no. “If we do, Rita has free reign here.”

“But...” Emma starts to argue, only to sag in her seat a moment later. “Never mind, you’re right.”

“And that’s why he’s leader,” Trying to lighten the mood, Jake teases the confidant Troy. “He gets to make all these hard decisions, I get to make all the stupid ones I want.”

A swift elbow in his side has him cough, with Gia growling. “No you can’t.”

“I hope they have some Zords...” Frowning at the screen, Bulk is first to see Creepox grow giant.
    “Why don’t they have a black ranger?” Ponders Noah, realizing he has no idea what the colors actually mean.

Smirking with pride, Jake throws an arm around Gia and pulls her into a hug. “Because I’m one of a kind.”

“You’re sure they didn’t decide no stupid ideas?” She teases back, but leaves his arm around her.

“Nah, they still have a green one.” Bulk throws his friend a bone, laughing with the others when the share a quick giggle.

“And they do have Zords,” Orion brings everyone’s gaze back to the news and the five rangers each growing into an individual mech. “I think, because I’m not really sure what just happened.”

Barza uses the last of his strength and sends himself to the Tomb of Ooze. With no visible enemies, he cloaks himself to be safe and dashes inside. He reaches the basalt doors covered in runic designs and sees the broken seal.

Both halves of the door have swung inwards and allows the foul odor to leak out. “Better get these back to the kids, looks like they’re going to need them soon.” He claps his hands and vanishes in a puff of white smoke that flies towards the largest piece of Robo Knight.

He looks over the field with sorrow and remembers when the robot was first created by Zordon. “You always did have more fight in you than I did Alpha, the world isn’t ready to lose you yet.”

A sputtering sound comes from the mud nearby, with Skull rolling from he muck and spitting a piece of his friend from his mouth. “So help me get all the pieces, it’s not as easy as it looks you know.”

“You do have Goodness in you, it’s just been buried by self doubt for so long.” Barza can sense the energy in the bones, one so very familiar to his own. “But you have found out who you really are, haven’t you?”

“Regret was overwhelming.” Agrees Eugene with a wince. “But curling up means giving up and I can’t let her fight alone.”

“I need someone to pass my duty on to,” Barza broaches the subject with a warm smile, even as he ignores the burning in his lungs. “I can think of no men better than the two of you.”

“If you haven’t noticed, we don’t even make half a man between us right now!” Howls Eugene, furious at how helpless he is now.

“No, but soon you will be one whole man.” Barza stares into Skull’s eyes and asks with no trace of humor in his voice. “Will you accept the solemn responsibility to replace me as the Keeper of the Key?” The Goodness of Life surges inside you like none I have been faced with in centuries… maybe we shouldn’t have hidden that mirror after all.”

“Okay.” Accepting the offer, Skull watches Barza put the ivory key both in his own mouth and on top of the chunk of Robo Knight he managed to salvage. “What do I have to do?” He asks, only to find out when he is engulfed in a searing white light.

“Be Good.” Barza gives all that remains of his essence, providing his own body as the base for the new one.

Eugene Skullovitch and the soulless body of Sage Barza merge into one being. The second it happens, every scrap of metal that once made up Robo Knight fly towards his new glowing body. The silver melts into his hand and takes the shape of a curved sword, a lion’s head forming the pommel.

As the white glow fades, it reveals Eugene is covered by white spandex. Even before the light is fully gone, the remaining gold bonds to his chest and forms a shield very reminiscent of Bulk’s.

Sitting up with a gasp, Skull can feel his heart beating in his chest. When he brings his hand up to check, he catches sight of the magnificent Saba in his hand. “Robo Knight… is that you?”

The lion’s eyes open and glow gold. “Yes Eugene. Now rise, we have a mission to complete.” They become a beam of white light and streak towards Sopparo, the sight of a massive Creepox making Skull hiss.

They land beside the others and give the astonished Dairangers each one of the recovered keys. “We’ll handle Malkor, you deal with Creepox.” He strides towards the waiting moth, Scorpina nowhere in sight.

“I thought she finished you off, never should have trusted a scorpion.” He clearly believes the white ranger before him is Barza, which has Skull grin in silence. “Too scared to speak? That’s the problem with having a spine, it’s so fragile.”

Malkor’s wings flare out, only for Eugene to launch himself forward with Saba drawn. He slashes through both wings before the moth feels the pain and kicks him to the ground. “Ooh, I feel good.” Skull mocks his foe and charges in to finish him.

The five Mystic Zords battle Creepox above him, with the battle lasting several minutes. Creepox is fast and strong indeed, but he is outnumbered and clearly outmatched. In the end, he joins Malkor as a very squashed bug.

Note: I'm pretty sure you caught the foreshadowing a few chapters ago Sharkcultist. Good job.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  13. SharkCultist

Huh. Did robo-knight just become Saba?

14. Threadmarks: Episode 19: Chimp in Charge
    Flightless Man

Episode 19: Chimp in Charge

First thing on Tuesday morning, most of the rangers are already seated in Mr Burley's homeroom class. The eccentric and very cheerful teacher looks over the students, happy only a quarter of his class has moved… or worse.

"We have some new faces with us today," He starts to greet the class, only to be interrupted by Troy's attempt to slip in discreetly. "Like you, Troy Burrows I believe?"

"Yeah, sorry I'm late." He takes a seat beside an unchanged Emma and just in front of Orion's attempt to look like a comic book geek. "So many new people made it hard to get directions."

Burley just smiles excitably and continues with his question for the class. "The recent troubles Angel Grove is facing, has me wondering what species you believe will outlast all others on Earth?"

Hands go up all across he classroom, with some shooting up immediately and others being raised more hesitantly. Emma's place front and center has her first to be called on, with her lips quirking into a wry smile.

"Insects and bugs in general." She shudders at the idea of a world overtaken by man sized creepy crawlies. "They've been here way longer than us already and I've seen the news. The bugs in Japan are fighting back."

Shudders ripple among the students, with even Burley looking squeamish. "Yes, that has been a rather frightening new development." He calls on Noah next, somewhat surprised by his new look.

"Sorry Emma, but it's going to be AI's." His black circular shades are nestled in his new twists, with his dark blue clothes nearly being an indigo. "Al is all the proof I need." Not to mention the robot from the future in the Guardian's base.

He's more confidant and less desperate to correct everyone, he also looks a lot more relaxed. Burley smiles at the answer, very glad Noah seems at peace with himself. He looks like he's going to a jazz club after school, is music what's soothed him?

Orion makes his own voice heard. "What if the species hasn't evolved yet, mutations happen all the time?"

"Excellent suggestion, so let's just write down mutant for now." Adding that to the list, Burley calls on his sister next. "What do you think Hayley, is the family in agreement?"

"Some kind of virus or bacteria, that's all Earth will be able to support in the end." She shrugs, unable to give a more clear answer. "And then the sun will gobble it up."

Noah nudges Jake beside him, still finding it odd how perfect the surfer look works for him. "Isn't she brilliant?"

He chuckles back and agrees. "She is, but you're all wrong I'm afraid." Jake blurts out, a relaxed smirk on his face. "We've already got proof aliens are real, so it's obviously going to be one of them."

Snorting in front of him, Gia's now scarlet hair bounces with each shake of her head. "Well since we have no way of knowing, I'm going to put my money on a plant winning out." She doesn't look like a preppy kid anymore to Burley's eyes. More of a skater girl if my teenage terminology is correct.

"A fungus is far more likely, but most people don't know the difference." The disguised Dana Mitchell chimes in, her goth look being a very extreme change.

"I didn't, did you?" Whispering to his now redheaded girlfriend, Jake doesn't see the looks being exchanged.

"Of course I did, why else would I have offered to be your biology tutor?"

Trying to end the argument before it actually becomes one, Troy makes his own cheesy suggestion. "Us… humans." He gets some snickers from the class, but Burley only gestures for him to clarify and he does with confidence. "If we work together like we have been all summer, none of those things can keep us down for long. Besides, Jake already mentioned aliens and all we need to do is reach the stars for that to be us."

"Exquisite points Mister Burrows, you really have a mind just like your cousin." He

Everyone jumps when the intercom blares to life, the sniffling voice of the secretary coming across somewhat coherently. She calls all six rangers to the Principal Randall's office, with the rumors of her strictness already being legendary in the hour since school began.

"Better go find out what this is all about you lot, come get a hall pass." Burley starts signing one for each of the confused teens and they file out into the hall murmuring in confusion.

They job through the hallways, intent on clearing this up as soon as possible. "Go on in, she's expecting you." The secretary waves the inside and blows her nose very noisily.

"Thanks," Troy speaks for everyone and knocks on the door. "Principal Randall, you wanted to see us?" His voice is filled with tension, even though he knows they did nothing wrong. No one wants to face the Principal, especially on day one.

"Hurry up and close the door," A very prim voice confirms from behind the door. "Mary, don't let me be interrupted until I'm finished in here." She warns her secretary and greets the five original rangers.

"Miss Fairweather!" Emma see's through the disguise first, the slicked short hair doing nothing to throw her off.

'Elsa Randall' Smirks at the pink ranger and reverts to her normal and far friendlier voice. "Good job, but keep it down at school."

"Why are you here?" Wasting no time, Troy cuts to the chase. "Isn't this kind of risky?"

"With Principal Caplan still absent, I decided it would be good to give you all a ready made alibi."

Frowning, Jake hasn't seen the use of her being here yet. "What kind of things?"

Angela turns on the small television on her desk, keeping the volume low. "Oh you know, sneaking out to fight monsters."

A blue furred sphinx is walking through the warehouse district, cornering anyone who he finds and speaking indecipherable words. Each time the civilian responds, a yellow mist engulfs them. When it blows away in the wind, a pet shop is all that remains in the person's clothing.

"Let's go!" Troy hisses as silently as he can, but manages to retain the authority somehow. "Megamorph activate!"

Bulk awkwardly sits beside the disguised Nate, on the far side of Zach who has his braille books out on his desk. How do I even begin talking to him, I tried killing his brother several times? Fidgeting in his seat, his rather short shorts are giving him a wedgie.

"Why'd you decide to go for a gym head's look?" Nate asks, looking like Bulk's own borrowed jacket is swallowing him whole. "That doesn't look comfortable." He quirks an eyebrow at the tight lime green muscle shirt and platinum blonde tips that Bulk now calls a hairstyle. "Or very good."

"If we're all trying out a change, I want to trying getting in shape for once." Shrugging off the question, the sight of three familiar teens in leather shocks him.

Aisha, Rocky, and Adam all enter, wearing a slightly more tame version of the desert get ups. The trio sneer menacingly at some teens in the back row, forcing them to move as Miss Appleby enters the room. The class barely has time to begin, before the intercom begins to call names to the office.

Bulk freezes when his name is called by the secretary. "I swear I didn't do it miss Appleby!" His claim isn't believed, with her walking the agitated Bulk to the office.

"We'll find out when she's done with her meeting, let the other kids tell her the truth before you begin blubbering some fable." Appleby firmly seats him in on of the seats and shakes her head sadly. "You had so much potential, I hate watching you throw away you're life messing with those geeks."

"Let's do this quick Rangers," Troy calls out when he and the other four arrive in a cascade of lights. "Yellow and Blue with me!" He calls out the standard mixed melee and ranged formation.

The trio attack with a series of strikes, each one coming from a different ranger. "One is fun and so is Two, but I believe three is a crowd!" The sphinx flaps his wings with furious vigor, sending Gia and Noah sailing away over several warehouses.

"Now Red Ranger, I have a question for you!" Roars King Sphinx with arrogance dripping with each word. "When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?" He smirks when Troy freezes in place and starts to countdown from ten. "I'd hurry and speak, before all you can do is eek."

"I don't know, on reruns?" He guesses with trepidation, only for the monster to cackle in glee.

"Sorry but you're wrong," Explains King Sphinx. "It was in the past, before Thanksgiving was even a thing." The monster's eyes glow an angry amber, before a cloud of yellow is exhaled from his mouth. "Now lets see what will become of you!"

The cloud engulfs Troy and his screams soon become the screeching of a chimpanzee. His ranger costume is still being worn, which leaves the Sphinx frowning.

"I wasn't expecting you to still be of any use," He kicks the now chimpified Troy into he nearest wall and charges for the remaining two rangers. "I guess it's time to choose. Ladies first, or shall you fall on the sword for her?"

Shushing Emma when she tries to speak, Jake knows her quick wit will be of more use. "Get Troy and regroup with the others, I'll keep him busy." He blasts a pair of shots from his cannon before leaping into close combat.

"You asked one, so now it's my turn." He hisses and wracks his mind for anything that might work, finally settling on the only riddle he's ever remembered. "What's in my pocket?"

"Clever boy, but that's not how this works." Chuckling at the idea of fair play, King Sphinx backhands Jake to the ground. "Evil doesn't take turns, it just takes!" He stomps down on the black ranger's back, delighted by the shriek of agony.

"Now Rita said her brother was the dumb one, so I'll make it easy for you." King Sphinx lifts the struggling Jake by the throat and demands an answer. "What goes up, but never comes back down?"

He doesn't give Jake a chance to answer slamming him repeatedly against the ground for the entire ten count. By eight he can no longer hold his morph and is surrounded by a cloud of yellow. When it fades away, only a ball python remains behind.

"Well, time to make this zoo a city wide endeavor!" King Sphinx cackles to the sky and flaps his wings, rising upwards and heading towards on of the parks.

Jake the snake remains still and coiled in agony, only hissing when he hears Gia and Noah calling for him. Emma has a hollering Troy clinging to her back, still morphed and ready to fight.

"Well this isn't good." Holding out her arm, Gia allows her boyfriend to wrap himself around the limb.

"I always said he was clingy," Noah comments with wide eyes, his mind at a loss for a solution.

"Let's get them over to Zordon, he might have an answer." Taking over, Gia leads the rangers in the teleport to base.

"What are you doing, I called you in almost an hour ago!" Bulk jerks back to awareness when the principal's door slams open.

"But Miss Appleby said-" His explanation is cut off, when she yanks him inside and slams the door shut once more. "You better go find out where the others went, after Troy got turned into a chimpanzee the footage camera man lost his nerve."

Bulk loses all color in his face and nearly falls over in shock. "What?"

"Radio says the battle is over for now, but the rest haven't comeback yet." Angela taps him on the wrist, making Bulk finally realize who's in front of him.

"Oh! Gotch'ya." He nods firmly and presses a combination of buttons, vanishing in a beam of crackling green.

Happerry likes this.
  15. Flightless Man

I needed a reason the white ranger had the gold shield and was stronger, but I had left over metal and all the software. So I figured it was fitting for RK to be on Skull's waist for a while.

SharkCultist likes this.
  16. Threadmarks: Episode 19.5: When Logic Fails
    Flightless Man

Episode 19.5: When Logic Fails
    “Troy calm down,” Emma does her best to interpret his screeching, but it’s really hard when she can’t see his face.

Surprising everyone, Bulk is the one who makes a suggestion. “He still has hands, why doesn’t he write everything down?”

Sighing at the obvious answer, Noah starts to rustle through his bag for some supplies. “How do we stop the sphinx?”

“Is something wrong with Jake, he’s not moving much anymore?” Poking at the black and green patterned snake trying to wrap around a console, Gia frowns at how sluggish he’s growing.

“It’s way too cold in here for him, we’ll have to send him to the Ziktor’s with a note when we’re done.” Explains Noah with a wry chuckle. “I’d say let my brother, but he’s even worse around snakes than I am.”

She grabs Jake gently and wraps him loosely around her neck, with Emma giggling at Gia’s attempt to hide her own shudder. Troy finishes his message and presents it to the laughing pink ranger.

“We have to answer his riddles,” She reads aloud, making Bulk grow worried. “Or he’s going to turn the city into a farm.”

“So I’m guessing I’ll be a potbellied pig by the end of the day?” Bulk growls to himself, knowing he won’t last any longer than Jake and Troy.

Realizing something, Emma snaps her fingers in triumph. “We don’t need to answer his riddles, we just need to stop him from asking any!”

“How are we going to do that?” Gia shakes her head and clenches her fists. “I think me and Noah need to hold him off, while you two get in a finishing blow.”

Eyes lighting up, Bulk blurts out the way he used to shut Skull up. “Saltwater taffy!”

“Oh!” Noah catches on at once. “The factory, we can cover the sphinx in taffy!”

“I’ll need Troy to heat up some vats and get it real sticky, will you three be okay?” Growing confident, Bulk does what he always has and finds a way out of the test.

Beeping comes from everyone’s communicator at once, with Hayley’s panicked voice coming through. “Where are you guys, the monster and his Tengu warriors are rounding all the students up for a pop quiz!”

“On our way,” Noah assures her. “Stay safe until we get back.”

“You better work fast,” Gia warns the gulping green ranger and turns to the blue and pink ones with an expression of determination. “Emma get the kids away and me and Noah will handle the questions.”

Zordon chimes in with a look of pride when Troy screeches his agreement. “Indeed, may the Power protect you all.”

The three rangers who arrive back at the school make a mad dash for the gymnasium. Cawing can be heard echoing inside the building, with students screams joining the nerve wracking chorus.

“Only one place on campus they can fit everyone!” Gia leads them to the back door and doesn’t waste time opening it, instead blasting the hinges off and kicking the door inwards.

Hundreds of students are being held on their knees, one by one being brought before King Sphinx. The several dozen animals already running loose give a very grim image to the rangers.

“Over here!” Emma calls out to the terrified teens, sending countless arrows into the Tengu holding them captive.

Working together, Noah and Gia catch the sphinx by surprise. Her furious slashes force him back and right into Noah’s lance. Roaring in pain, the monster’s tail wraps around his ankle and yanks him off his feet.

“I hope you’ve studied, because I’m out of all the easy questions!” He roars, kicking Gia away with a powerful blow. “Forward I’m what you do everyday, but backwards I’m something you hate. What am I Blue Ranger?”

Noah can feel some kind of magical connection between him and the mosnter, that only vanishes when he blurts out the correct answer. “Live!”

“Oh, do we have a smart lad?” King Sphinx spins to the side and clotheslines Noad, sending him to the wooden floor gagging. “How about the girl, ready for your turn?”

“Bring it!” Growling back at him, Gia is forced to intercept the Tengu moving for Emma.

Smirking at the yellow ranger, King Sphinx makes the magical connection and asks his riddle. “What tastes better than it smells?”

“But that’s subjective!” She argues with the sphinx, even as the clock counts down from ten.

He shrugs back taps his wrist, licking his licks in anticipation. “Too bad I’m the one grading the test, I’m going to be having a feast when everyone flunks.”

“Ha, you just gave it away!” Gia barks at him in triumph. “A tongue!”

Deflating as soon as she screams the answer, King Sphinx begins flapping his wings vigorously. The cyclone he kicks up catches Gia and Noah, sending them crashing into the bleachers across the room.

“So Pink Ranger.” He leaps in front of Emma and growls as the last of the students escape. “All alone now, no more time to cram!” King Sphinx slams his knee into her gut, knocking the wind from her in a single hit.

He stand over her as she gasps and gives Emma her question. “Forwards I am heavy, but backwards I am not. What am I?”

Emma tries to come up with an answer, but the need for air keeps her from thinking. Only Gia’s yell gives her any hope, as the yellow and blue ranger race back towards the fight.

“Not Emma, the answer is not!”

Clapping his hands in glee, the yellow mist begins to flow from his maw. “That’s cheating, so time for your punishment!”

The amber fog surrounds a screaming Emma. The sensation isn’t painful and in seconds she is replaced by a dove. The morph holds but looks ridiculous on her tiny frame, making it easy for the sphinx to smack her into the wall.

“Okay, this should be hot enough.” Bulk watches the think viscous goo bubble in the vat. “Alpha, we’re ready for you to send us.”

“That’s good, things aren’t going well for the others.” Alpha’s panicked voice responds and the duo teleport along with the vat of boiling taffy.

Bulk grabs the vat and lifts with his knees, following the charging chimpanzee towards the gym. The Tengu flying after the fleeing students make it easy to find the source of trouble.

When they see Noah become engulfed in a cloud of yellow, Bulk heaves the vat at King Sphinx. The bubbling goo buries the monster and leaves him barely able to even twitch.

His every movement works the taffy in deeper, leaving his mouth completely covered by the candy. Troy focuses all the energy he can into his Power Sword and catches Bulk’s equally charged Dragon Dagger. Slamming the weapons together at the hilt, he spins them in a whirlwind of energy and throws it.

It hisses through the air, the energy burning the very oxygen as it collides with the goo covered sphinx. The explosion sends taffy everywhere and pins the pink dove to the floor, with Troy being just as pinned beneath his own shower of candy.

An amber glow surrounds each of the transformed kids, reverting them all back to terrified humans. The naked teen who was once King Sphinx is confused and thankfully still concealed by the taffy.

“Guys... I’m stuck.” Emma struggles on the floor, with Noah doing his best to yank her loose.

“And really good too.” He growls with effort, but the pink ranger doesn’t budge. Alpha is the one who solves the problem, sending all five into the sky as crackling beams of light.

Karone looks at the barely legible note beside the beautiful ball python and attempts to decipher it. “This snake is...Jake’s?” She shrugs, confused why it was left here and lifts it carefully. “Well you are a beauty, you can help me do the chores until Jake comes to get you.”

She wraps him carefully around her neck and spends a little under two hours going about her morning. When she is nearly finished with the vacuuming, a strange amber glow nearly blinds her. The weight of a suddenly full size and naked Jake sends the both crashing into the carpet.

“Why did they let Troy write the note!” Shrieking in panic he throws himself behind the sofa, just as a groaning Karone comprehends what just happened.

She glances over to his deer in a headlights expression, as only the top half of Jake’s face is visible. “I’m going to get you some of Orion’s clothes and then we’ll never speak of this again.”

Scorpina strides into the foul smelling cavern, the purple ooze bubbling below the obsidian bridge like lava. In her hand she holds a stag beetle, placing it inside a shallow basin carved in the rock. Looking over the edge with a smirk, she lowers a basalt cup on a chain.

It descends into the substance and fills, allowing Scorpina to very carefully pull her haul back up. The disturbance felt by the ooze sends ripples throughout, with the outline of a sneering face soon visible.

“Back for more Scorpina?” Ivan Oooze mocks the woman as she pours some of his essence onto the beetle.

“You said the ooze would make my soldiers capable of defeating the Power Rangers, or have you already forgotten the promises you made me for freeing you.”

The visage of Ivan Ooze contorts into a snarl. “I remember everything, especially all that Barza and his Dairangers robbed me of!” Globs of ooze shoot dozens of feet into the air, Ivan’s fury making it boil even more vigorously than normal.

“I missed the Mongol horde!” The outline of horse riders slaughtering fleeing people ripples across his ‘skin’. “The smallpox epidemic!” Coughing people replace the earlier scene, with the people dying in droves. “And I didn’t even get to experience the Great Depression… it sounded like so much fun.”

“Our deal still stands?” Scorpina hisses down at the reformed face.

Ivan Ooze makes it look like his eyes are rolling and snorts up at the scorpion woman. “You provide me the virgin sacrifices I need to pull myself back together and I leave you Australia to do with as you please.”

“The Dairangers somehow managed to defeat Malkor and Creepox, so we’re going to need to build our forces fast.” She turns when the cracking of a shell comes from behind. The beetle rapidly growing to a size of over eight feet, with two massive pincers gnashing the air.

Sneering down at the ooze, Scorpina mocks his efforts. “Rita may be useless, but even she is smart enough to use grunts as a means to delay her Mega Ranger foes.”

“You want some foot soldiers?” Ivan hisses at her attitude and spits a glob of bubbling ooze up at her. “Have some!” It explodes above Scorpina and dozens of fully formed purple warriors rain down around her.

She evaluates the oozing figures and smirks. “Yeah, they’ll do.”

“You sure you don’t want to keep it with us, just in case?” Eugene asks Saba for what must be the thirtieth time.

The sword once known as Robo Knight closes his eyes for a moment and seems to exhale in frustration. “It is the logical decision and as I have been lead to believe by you, it is good to give friends gifts.”

“Titanus isn’t a normal gift though.”

“It was designed to operate with the Pleisto Zords and I am now connected to the Mystic White Lion.” Saba assures his partner. “Now you can help Emma and find yourself at the same time.”

Eugene blinks in shock and allows a smile to grace his lips. “Well when you put it like that...” He doesn’t see his five new allies approach from behind, none of them having heard Saba speak yet.

“Are you talking to your sword?” Chip is the one to ask, his concerned eyes darting to the leader Nick for an answer.

“Why yes he is Chip.” Shocking all five, Saba does indeed speak.

Eugene turns what was an innocent question into a prank.“Haven’t you tried yet, or are you not attuned with your weapon yet?”

Ajlove and SharkCultist like this.
  17. SharkCultist

Knowing power rangers and random magically bullshit there is a very real possibility that connections to a weapon on a spiritual level is possible.

Oh joy did he just accidentally a battelizer concept?

18. Flightless Man

He may have gotten the gears in motion for some kind of upgrade. Although think more along the lines of

The Beastbots + Galactabeasts + Saba/Zord

SharkCultist likes this.
  19. SharkCultist

So one question here and this is about the fic in general. Is super Sentai having any bearing here? It's just I remember most of the lightspeed rescue words being trains and there's a Sentai team that's all about trains.

20. Flightless Man

Yes. Jetman(Morphers are on the moon right now), Zyuranger (I'll be showing some earlier teams) are coming earliest. I'm also working out a few other teams and how they will fit, Battle Fever J, Flashman, Bioman, Gokaiger, ToQger, Megaranger, and Kiramager, will all have some amount of relevence along with the Juuko B Fighter and Kamen Rider bits.

Some will have a team crossover, some will be only a villain/suit/zord/weapon/mentor (I'm nearly done taking from Dairanger), and some will be because I love the cast and want some more Asian rangers(Megarangers mainly), some will be histroic/offworld/seen on news teams, and one team will have another one of the earlier Jetman scenes and all but 1 will die.

Also for you or anyone else, I take suggestions/requests as a challenge. Any monster of the week someone likes, a ranger/sentai from any season, favorite episode, weapon/zord, and I will happily see if I can work them in.
    Since you've mentioned ToQger, they will definitely get included.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    SharkCultist likes this.
  21. SharkCultist

Well I will just mention that my favorite two power rangers things of all time are the Psycho Rangers and Zen-Aku

Flightless Man and Ajlove like this.
  22. Flightless Man

I can happily say I have both already coming, I love both as well.

23. SharkCultist

I had a idea for a ranger fic I wanted to throw at you to see if it had any ideas you'd like to grab (because I'll never end up using them) but I cannot figure out how to PM on QQ

24. Flightless Man

I'll send you one so you can reply. I love getting ideas to see what can work and I'm always willing to discuss as many spoilers as someone wants to know in PM.

I'm always willing to hear criticisim of my work, suggestions, and challenges. I'm also willing to offer anyone constructive critisicim on pretty much any story idea. Any ideas I have used, that someone wants to turn into a story is free game. I'd just like a link so I can read it.

SharkCultist likes this.
  25. Threadmarks: Episode 20: Do I Know You?
    Flightless Man

Episode 20: Do I Know You?
    Blinking when he finds himself sitting in a grassy meadow, Troy hears the sounds of people training. Thinking it’s his friends and he just dozed off in the sun, Troy glances over to the sparring. Those aren’t my friends.

Six shaggy teens are going through one of his own personal routines. All of them are wearing an animal pelt, with each one dyed a different color. A man in his late twenties leans against the rock Troy is sitting cross legged on.

“Geki and Burai are finally working together, I admit I was wrong about them.” Barza laughs, his long white mane blowing with the wind. “If Alpha can get those great machines working, we actually have a chance against Master Vile.”

Grinning when the chief of the Falcon Tribe’s daughter disarms Goushi, Troy calls her off before any harm is done. “Excellent, all of you.”

Barza smirks and steps forward, a white light covering his entire body. “It is time for the next stage of training, you had all better morph… or this will be over very quickly.” When he finishes speaking, Barza stands in a version of the white ranger’s costume, only lacking the chest shield he’s seen on the news.

“I will, see you tonight!” Bolting upright in bed, Troy hears his own voice call out a farewell. “I’m meeting the girls at the Juice Bar.” The slamming of the front door has him scramble over to his window and watch… himself walk down the driveway.

Troy tries to scream in outrage, but not even a squeak leaves his mouth. Grabbing his throat in shock, he doesn’t find anything amiss. What the hell is going on?

Dressing in a frantic hurry, he shoves himself into one of his new red denim button up shirts. Once he’s shimmied into his pants, Troy grabs his watch and tries to contact Jake.

“Hello?” Troy slaps himself when he can’t get a noise out. “Troy, did you go to sleep with your communicator on again? If you don’t say something, I’ll meet you at Ernie’s.”

The line goes silent and Troy is forced to think fast. Bulk lives the closest! He snaps and pages the green ranger, giving him a few seconds to get out of sight and answer.

The second Bulk’s voice starts to say hello, Troy head directly to his location in a beam of crackling ruby light. Farkas’ panicked yelp gets a call from his mom.

“Farkas dear, are you alright?”

When Troy holds up a hastily scribbled note, Bulk visibly begins to calm down. “It’s alright Ma, just a spider.” He reads fast and frowns. “You have a doppelganger?”

He gets a firm nod back from Troy, who points to his communicator. “Oh, good idea. I’ll call the girls and warn them about you.” He giggles at the phrasing and tries to call Gia, only to frown when he doesn’t even get static.

“Yeah I know something is really wrong, just give me a second.” Bulk digs in one of his desk drawers, pulling out a few small recording devices called a Yak-Back. “Let me record a few things for you, or this will get really hard.”

Frowning at the half dozen devices, Troy writes down his question and holds it before Farkas. “Me and Skull used them to mess with the teachers, he has the rest at his house.” The green ranger shrugs awkwardly and points out his window. “I’ll meet you outside, just gotta say goodbye to Ma.”

Giggling with Emma and Dana, Gia takes a large drink from her smoothie and sighs contentedly. “I just can’t believe I’m looking forward to school everyday.”

“It’s basically the only normal thing we do anymore, so I can’t even disagree.” Emma nods sagely, a teasing smirk gracing her face. “Which reminds me. The butterfly sanctuary is reopening soon, you two want to come with me?”

“You know once was enough for me,” Snorts Gia.

“Just make sure any open wounds are covered and they don’t try drinking your blood.” Emma explains for the umpteenth time, with Dana’s eyes going wide with curiosity.

“Really?” When Emma confirms it’s not a joke, Dana is interested. “That sounds really cool, count me in.”

A commotion near the front door draws the trio’s attention, revealing Troy and Orion arguing. “What’s gotten into you Troy, you’re acting like a jerk?”

“Just make sure no one leaves, the streets aren’t safe right now.” With his message delivered, Troy pushes past Orion and saunters towards the girls. “Glad you two are here, I really wanted to see you.”

“What’s wrong Troy?” Emma reaches for her shaking hand, only for it to be smacked aside angrily.

“Nothing is wrong,” He growls, before his expression quickly changes to a clearly fake smile. “Come on they have Karaoke now, I want to hear you sing.”

“No we don’t...” Orion interrupts, a confused scowl on his face.

Smirking at the naysayer, Troy jerks a thumb over his shoulder. “What do you call that?”

Waiting for him in the parking lot is a waving Gia, Dana and Emma leering at him strangely from over her shoulder. He doesn’t see their copies inside the window of the Juice Bar, silently screaming for him to stay away.

“Hey Babe, we need a ride up to Hayley’s.” Gia grabs Jake’s hand and starts to pull him inside the building.

“Sure, what’s going on?” He allows her to drag him behind her, not noticing Dana and Emma penning him in from behind.

Leaning her head oh his shoulder, Gia wraps her arm tightly around his. “Oh nothing important, we just really need to see Noah.”

“Yeah.” He snorts at that. “He’s spending all his spare time with her, I’m going to be very disappointed if he doesn’t ask her to homecoming.”

The second he walks into the main room, Jake can see double of everyone. He watches his friends silent doubles scream at him, only to suddenly be lifted into the air by the trio escorting him.

“Stop!” Bulk hears his own voice bark at him, with a frowning Troy pointing out a black truck.

The familiar faces inside make him curse under his breath. “That was Jake’s truck, wasn’t it?”

“Yes.” Using the orange Yak-Back, Troy scowls at the parking lot filled with vehicles and no one in sight. He taps Bulk on the shoulder and points to the Juice Bar.

As he starts to head for the front door, Troy uses the yellow device again. “Stop!” Grabbing his hand, Troy leads him into the alley towards the back door.

Grabbing the kitchen window, Troy pulls himself up and gets a good look inside. He growls silently at the sight of twins holding each other hostage and drops back down to the ground.

When he grabs his morpher, Bulk realizes how serious things are and follows suit. The flashes of light are followed by them opening the back door carefully. Once inside, the duo dashes into the main room.

“What the heck is going on here?” Bulk asks for the pair, with the slightly off versions of everyone approaching.

“You came right to us, how considerate.” Gia smiles creepily at Bulk and waves a group of clones forward. The dozen teens charging at the two rangers aren’t any stronger than normal, but injure just as easily.

Doing his best not to actually hurt them, Bulk clears the path like a charging bull. The doppelgangers are tossed aside and Bulk is left standing in front of Gia’s posse. When a laughing Troy steps forward he doesn’t hesitate and jabs forward with an open hand.

Jamming a finger into the clones eyes, Bulk smirks when the screaming begins. Troy’s body begins to deflate like a balloon with only a rubbery sack of skin remaining on the ground in moments. It wriggles about for a few seconds, before an eye the size of a baseball emerges.

“Okay, no holding back on the ones who can talk!” Drawing his Dragon Dagger, Bulk stabs hard into the clone of Gia’s thigh. The same horrid screech starts to whistle from the hole, with another one of the eyeballs wriggling loose.

Troy follows his lead with no need for further explanation, slashing through the crowd of clones like wheat. He works his way forward at a steady pace and reaches the bound Emma. Once she’s free he leaves his Blade Blaster with her and rejoins Bulk in the attack.

As the last clone collapses, the swarm of eyeballs float into the air. They swirl about like a cyclone and burst through the front door.

While Rita peers down at the Earth and cackles, Lord Zedd mutters darkly to himself. “All this for a child, why can’t we just make one the normal way?” He growls at the sight of the planet spinning, a constant reminder of his time limit.

“Because we don’t have time for that!” He shoots out a ball of electricity, turning one of his Tengu into a cloud of black feathers. The flock cowers, but none are stupid enough to flee and draw his attention.

“I believe you have been misled,” Dischordia isn’t stupid and so must have something useful to say. “Rita and her entourage are the ones Master Vile will punish, you can do whatever you want.”

His eyes go wide at this knowledge and all that fills his heart is rage towards his wife. “Is that so…” Hissing with fury, he plots his revenge for this entrapment. “I believe a trial separation is in order, don’t you?” The two cackle, neither he nor Dischordia aware of his first life.

Exiting the atmosphere of Mirinoi, the Astro Megaship is pursued by a squadron of Deathgalien Triangulars. Heavily damaged, DECA barely escapes to light speed. On board the silent ship, the four surviving Space Rangers mourn their fallen companion.

The only known survivor of her home world is lost in her own grief, but somehow Maya is the one with the strength to bring her saviors back together. “I’ll never be able to replace Cestria, just as no world you bring me to will replace Mirinoi.”

She looks Anubis Kruger in the eye and doesn’t blink. The stern black ranger is he one who finally lowers his guard and listens.

“I don’t want to hide on some safe planet, I want justice for my people!” Maya hisses fiercely at the pink ranger Kat Manx. “You can’t go into another fight without a fifth ranger.”

“It’s not really a safe life.” Admits the blue haired Trip, his face the most expressive by far among the rangers.

Rolling her eyes at that comment, Maya explains exactly how little she has left to lose. “Everyone I know is dead and my world is soon to be rocks drifting in space. I don’t care about safe.”

“You want justice?” Andros demands, his voice somehow firm and supportive at the same time.

Shaking her head, Maya has fire in her eyes. “No, I need it. I have to do everything in my power and use every tool to get it.”

“I think we need to go visit my sister and finally lay Zhane to rest.” He frowns, knowing the silver morpher will be needed. It’s been needed for a long time, I just couldn’t let go. “

“But he could still wake up!” A frantic Trip tries to argue. “We can’t give up on him.”

Kat holds a hand up silencing the Xybrian. “His brain has some activity, but Zhane has been wasting away for two decades. I’ll never be able to do more for him on the ship.”

“So we bring him back to KO35, leave him in a clinic!”

“So anyone can walk in and kill him for the morpher?” Andros shakes his head sadly. “No, we need to break the connection and I only know one way to do it. Karone will want to say goodbye, so we can check out this Earth Blue my niece is bragging to me about.”

26. Threadmarks: Episode 20.5: Double Ranger, Double Danger
    Flightless Man

Episode 20.5: Double Ranger, Double Danger
    Very glad no one has a voice, Bulk never the less flinches when the crowd screams at the seeing cyclone. “It’s gone everyone, calm down!”

The teens nearly trample each other crowding him and Troy in the rush, with Bulk being forced to blare an out of tune note on his dagger. The shrill whistle has everyone clutching their ears, but it thankfully only lasts a moment.

“Grab something to write with and go warn as many people you can,” Glad he has a helmet covering his face, Bulk gives orders to the crowd. To his amazement the teens break away at once to do so.

“You five.” He calls on his friends, getting them a free pass to approach. “We saw you leaving in a truck when we arrived, where would they be going?” Man this is weird, pretending I don’t actually know them.

“Looking for Noah?” Reading Gia’s impeccable handwriting, Bulk sighs. “We’ll go check on him, you lot should look out for those eyeballs on the way home.”

Gia tries to say something but stops herself with a smack to her forehead, deciding a nod will have to suffice instead. Reaching between them Troy taps his watch as a reminder.

“Oh yeah...” Groans Bulk “Jamming field is over the city, I’m going to need one of you to drive.” Orion whips out his keys with a smirk and the two rangers follow him outside.

The geniuses are crowded inside Hayley’s workshop, as Angela Fairweather carefully pours the synthetic skin onto the mechanical frame. “It’s going to take about a week to set and fully adhere to the ‘bones’, so no one touch anything until I say so.”

“I’m so excited, you even gave me a working stomach!” Alpha teeters back and forth in excitement, his lights flashing brighter than normal.

“Well, kind of.” Heading off an issue of gluttony, Nate clarifies exactly what he installed. “It’s a conversion engine for organic matter, so your skin doesn’t age in a few weeks.”

Noah chimes in with a memory of how sick Troy was. “So that means only normal sized portions, we don’t actually know if you’ll be able to regurgitate.”

“Can I come to homecoming with everyone now?” Growing excited, Alpha begins to realize what he can soon take part in. “And the beach!”

“No on swimming, you’ll sink right to the bottom.” Hayley warns him sternly. “You’ll weigh over four hundred pounds and be dense as a rock.”

“Oh...”

Nate gives the disappointed robot a comforting pt on the back. “But if you really want to go to the dance, one of us can take you.”

“Well if no one else asks me, I’ll go with you Alpha.” Giving Noah a sideways glance, Hayley promises Alpha.

The sound of a truck rolling to a stop outside, has a blushing Noah rush to open the door. When does, Troy and Gia are already waiting to get inside, with both shoving past him with eerie expressions.

Orion and Emma wait outside in silence, until a giggling Jake catches up and the trio close the door behind them. “Hey Buddy, we’ve been looking all over for you.” The black ranger’s voice is thick with double meaning.

“Well here I am, what’s up?” He gives the new arrivals a strange look, feeling something is off with the rhythm of each ones pace.

Reacting on instinct, Noah swerves away from Troy’s tackle. Gia and Orion block the others from coming any closer, leaving him surrounded by three rangers. Copies or mind control? Because it really changes how hard I can hit them.

He blocks Emma’s kick, only for Jake’s punch to connect square with his jaw. “It would have been painless, but you had to be the smart one.” Troy growls, his voice clearly inhuman. “Every broken bone is your fault.”

“I know, sorry about all of them!” Noah swings his leg and drops his Jake to the concrete hard. Not giving his oldest friend a chance to recover, he pulls the nearest toolbox onto his legs.

Instead of a pained scream, the heavy metal forces the air upwards. It makes the rubbery skin bulge and burst, a screeching wail the last sound made by Jake’s look alike.

When the eyeball wriggles along the floor, Nate is the one who lets out a terrified shriek. “What the hell is going on?”

“What the hell is going on?” Nate’s voice repeats from the now open door. A monster that looks like a cross between three massive tubes of lipstick and a purple microphone, now blocks any means of escape.

Lipsyncher coughs and her voice reverts to a nasally cackle. “You humans sure do love whining, I can’t wait until I’ve silenced you all!”

“So you’re behind this?” He hisses and grabs his morpher. “Should have known better than attacking this wolf’s pack, because I bite back!” The flash of blue light reveals him fully morphed and already in action.

Stabbing backwards with each half of his mace, the sounds of Gia and Orion’s bodies whistling makes him smirk. “Call the others!” He charges forward and pierces right through Troy’s chest and kicks the rubbery skin from his weapon.

“I’m afraid you won’t get an answer, we already paid them all a visit.” Mocks the monster, as she slashes forward with a massive tube. The glowing red energy is not lipstick, but Noah’s not in a position to argue right now.

“What did you do to them!” Noah brings his maces down in a V, sending Lipsyncher flying backwards in a shower of sparks. His pursuit is cut short by the sudden arrival of an eyeball tornado, the whirling horror heading straight for him.

Each individual eye locks it’s gaze on Noah, before all of them shoot a beam of red energy. They sizzle through the air and strike him all at once, dropping Noah to his knees in pain.

The largest eye floats in front of Lipsyncher menacingly, until she gives a hiss of acknowledgment. “Fine, I’ll go find the boy. But you better save my three rangers for me!”

With her warning given, Lipsyncher marches towards the front door of the house and kicks it in. “Ryan, I’m home!” She mockingly calls out in Dana’s stolen voice.

“Step on it!” An anxious Bulk hisses to Orion as he races up the dirt road. “The eye… storm just touched down at your house.”

Troy leans out the window and keeps his Blade Blaster pointed forward, while Bulk finally remembers the monsters behind this. “Eye Guy, that’s who’s controlling all the copies. And I think Lypsyncher is the one who stole all the voices.”

“I have no idea what any of the weaknesses are, I barely even know the monsters names.” Bulk hisses back when Troy gives him a curious look. “I was grabbed right before Rita went on her honeymoon and you guys freed me before they got back.”

When they round the last corner, it’s to find Noah being bombarded by laser shooting eyeballs. “Noah!” Bulk’s cry is accompanied by a barrage of well aimed blaster blots, with Troy hitting far more than he misses.

The storm of eyes notice them and amass on the largest one, forming a vaguely humanoid shape. “That stings, cut it out!” Each pupil swivels towards them and just as the exit the car, it’s struck by a dozen beams of energy.

The vehicle glows red and explodes, sending flaming shrapnel raining down over the yard. Orion is breathing, but struggling to crawl away from the battle.

That ankle looks twisted. Narrowing his eyes, Bulk draws Eye Guy’s attention with a bellow lead charge. Weaving around the red beams that he can and enduring the few he cannot, Bulk reaches the monster.

“Tell me how much this stings!” He roars, slamming his Dragon Dagger into the massive central eye. The strike causes the monster to collapse again, the eyes swarming over Bulk like ants.

“Oh my, you didn’t see this coming… did you?” Lipsyncher mocks as she tosses the struggling Ryan inside a vortex of swirling scarlet. “I should have known your eyes would be bigger than your stomach.”

Rolling away from her spray of acidic red goo, Bulk sees the brains inside working on some kind of device. Just need to give them a little more time.

Troy draws his attention by shooting into the dirt in front of him. Dashing from behind his cover, Troy leaps in dull faith that Bulk will give him the boost needed. When he feels hands push off against his heel, Troy rises gracefully towards the biggest eyeball.

His war cry goes unheard, but the explosion of power is definitely seen. Sparks rain down and the eye falls with them, bouncing off the ground the eye doesn’t stop rolling for a while.

“We boosted the signal strength, the others can teleport right to you now!” Hayley throws her communicator to Noah. “Just channel some energy like it’s a weapon and it’ll create a hole in the jamming field.”

Snatching the watch from the air, Noah does as instructed and calls the others. “We could really use some help up here, before Rita figures out how to block this too!” He doesn’t get a verbal response, but soon three bolts of brilliant light arc towards them.

“I’m liking these odds a lot more.” Noah grins in relief when Jake and Emma start shooting the eyes from the sky.

“Well I’m not!” Troy’s voice roars from Lipsyncher, as Rita’s staff stabs into the dirt. Energy pulses out and is absorbed by the two monsters, sending them both growing to skyscraper size.

Glancing at his expectant allies, Noah realizes only he can actually summon the zords. “Oh yeah. Pleistocene power!” He roars, with his hand thrust to the sky.

The howl of his dire wolf reinvigorates him and he leaps into the sky. “Just flash your lights when you’re all ready.” Rolling his eyes, Noah initiates the Megazord Battle Mode sequence.

“Bulk, can you handle the eyes?” Noah double checks before closing with Lipsyncher. “Because we’ll have a hard time with that many moving targets.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll give him something to look at.” The haunting melody of the Dragon Dagger echoes and the Dragonzord unleashes it’s payload of finger rockets.

By the ten, the missiles scream through the air in a deadly barrage. Each one that impacts destroys an eye in the swarm, but it doesn’t really seem to be having an effect on the overall numbers.

Gritting his teeth, Troy sends the Megazord forward to trade blows with Lipsyncher. Globs of acid red goo splash down with each clashing of blades between the two, leaving rapidly decaying patches in the woods below.

Bulk’s voice is tension filled when he speaks again. “We need more firepower, theirs to many of them to even make a dent in them!”

The ground begins to rumble, with an artillery bombardments worth of plasma blowing the eyeballs from the sky. The very welcome roar of Titanus fills the rangers with relief.

“Let’s show this lady what a real knight looks like,” Noah calmly declares, sharing a firm nod with Troy.

The red ranger sends them towards Titanus and with a running leap the Megazord is sent into the air. It grabs the massive white neck of the Zord and slides onto it’s back. Feeling more like a cowboy now than he has over the several days in his new cowboy clothes, Troy unleashes a devastating blast upon Lipsyncher.

The beam of white is joined by a five color aura and it collides with the monster of impersonation. She releases a blinding explosion of white light, with the after image of her being the last time her monster for is ever seen.

“I think Eye guy here calls for some less… precise aim.” Noah grins in anticipation and slams his fist down on the big red button. “Time to light up the sky Bulk!” Concentrated Morphing Grid energy tears through the eyeballs by the dozen, leaving none but the central eye floating before the Zords.

“I got this one guys,” Warning the Megazord to stay clear, Bulk sends his own machine’s spinning drill tail into the massive orb.

It pops in a shower of sparks, that thankfully fizzle before reaching the ground. The two cleansed humans stumble about in the woods for a few moments, before Zordon sends them away in a pair of grey light beams.

“Oh boy, does it feel good to talk again.” Chuckling in glee, Jake speaks for everyone.

“I don’t know, when I wasn’t distracted by how much you normally talk… I was actually able to appreciate the view today.” Gia teases back.

27. Threadmarks: Episode 21: Bloom of Doom
    Flightless Man

Episode 21: Bloom of Doom
    No matter how many clusters of stunningly beautiful butterflies Emma and Troy point out to her, Dana keeps a scowl on her face. “I appreciate the intent, but if you two actually wanted to have fun today... I was not the right person to bring along.”

“My dad either died and is being impersonated, or he’s in on the whole evil organization thing.” The goth makeup adds to her mood, giving Dana an appropriately dower mood. “Ryan was taken right from the house everyone said was safe and I’m really just not in the mood to look at pretty things.”

Sharing a look of understanding with Troy, Emma stops walking and lets the butterflies land all over her. “We get it, really we do.” She smiles at the distraught Dana and reaches over to put one of the monarchs on her face. “But if we completely break down, they win.”

“We fight for these moments, so we’re darn well going to enjoy them.” Troy winks at Dana and pulls the brim of his cowboy hat down for a salute. “We’re going to walk around and enjoy the day, before something bad does happen.”

“And we won’t think think about how my sister is behind the attacks in Japan,” Adds Emma with a soft smile, her eyes closed and her body covered in color. “Or how Eugene hasn’t checked in besides sending Titanus.”

Troy chuckles when one butterfly tickles his nose. “I’m not thinking about how I’m the one who killed Jason to save the city, or how I’m the reason my parents are dead.” Exhaling slowly, he takes Dana’s hand and pulls her down onto the grass beside him. “We’re going to spend an hour smiling, because we fought for this.”

Accepting this begrudgingly, Dana holds a hand up and waits for something to land. “Just an hour though, right?”

“And then we can go back to being depressed for the rest of the day.” He agrees with a sage nod.

“I guess that’s manageable,” Letting her frown slip off her face, Dana finally looks around the reopened sanctuary.

Families walk about smiling, but periodically glance to the sky for danger. Is this how things are always going to be now? Some people are very proudly wearing monotone colors in support of the rangers, while others have the Silver Guardian’s pin on display.

Almost half of the people are red faced and sniffling, which has Dana frown. “Flu season’s not for a while, so does that seem strange to either of you?”

“You look really good,” Bulk greets Mrs Taylor with a red face. “I’m sorry I haven’t been by in a while.”

She smiles warmly and pats Bulk on the arm. “Nonsense dear, I’m just glad you and Zachary are friends again.”

“I am too, it was… lonely.” He admits and heads down the creaky stairs into the basement. “Hey Zach, Noah said you wanted to talk?”

Zach greets him with a wave, but doesn’t stop his dance routine until the song ends. “Hey man, glad you came. It’s weird having to hang around my little brother’s friends all the time.”

“We’re friends?” Eyes going wide, Bulk slides onto the same ratty couch he always did. “Really?”

He doesn’t get an answer until Zach stops dancing and taps stop on his stereo. “Trini made some good points about all of us kind of forgetting about you in middle school. So hearing about all you’re doing to help Noah and the others, makes me remember the Farkas I know you really are.”

“No one has called me that in a long time, except Ma of course.” Farkas smiles warmly. “You still have the Michael Jackson tape?”

“Heck ya,” A smirking Zach changes cassettes with practiced ease. “None of else felt good listening to it without you, but we couldn’t toss it either. Way to many good memories.”

“Well let’s make another one now,” Getting excited, Farkas is just glad Zach won’t be able to see he’s body roll. With how loud the music grows, neither hear his communicator go off half an hour later.

Pulling up outside the mansion – Because no matter what Jake says in denial, his ‘house’ is one – Gia gives her boyfriend a smirk. “You’re just like everybody else, just a little more well off...” She rolls her eyes and gives him a quick peck on the cheek before they head inside. “Hope this talent for understatement extends to gifts as well.”

“Don’t worry, I’ve been getting ideas from Emma.” Leading her inside with a chuckle that nearly becomes a groan, Jake introduces her to his father. “Hey dad… this is Gia. I told you about her, remember?”

“Yes, the girl who got you to give up that kids game and focus on your studies properly.” His dad looks straight from Miami Vice, with his vibrant teal suit and thick mustache. “It’s so nice to finally meet you, Gia I believe?” He smiles cockily, like the real estate agent for celebrities that he is.

Shaking his hand, Gia manages to keep the scowl from her face and even refrains from wiping her hand on her jeans. “Nice to meet you Sir, you have a really amazing place.”

“None of that, you can just call me Roger.” He smiles with a cockiness that churns her stomach. “And thank you, it used to belong to Antonio Banderas. When he upgraded through my agency, he cut me a deal on his place.”

“Did you ever call a guy to see if it’s actually asbestos in the attic?” Restraining himself from an audible growl, Jake manages to only roll his eyes. “Because I still think that’s the reason he gave you it so cheap, not some amazing connection you shared.”

“Asbestos is only bad if you move it, which is why I sealed the attic off.”

“If you say so Dad,” Jake humors him with a snort.

Remembering his ‘good’ news, Roger Holling claps his son on the back. “So I got a call from the insurance place and they said I can make the claim on Helen and Kimberley’s policy in only three more months.”

“But they aren’t dead!” Jake argues instantly. “The Power Rangers already saved a bunch of people and they will save them too.”

“Well hopefully they wait until the paperwork goes through, it’s going to save me a ton on the divorce.”

Struggling with his anger, Jake manages to keep from snapping. “Well since I’m not going to be able to count on a free ride anymore, Gia’s going to get me caught up on my biology.”

Swallowing his nerves, Noah slides onto the stool at the counter. “Hey Ernie, can I talk to you?”

The jovial father smiles and leaves one of his new employees taking orders. “Sure Noah, anything for you.” He sidles over and watches the blue ranger squirm before him. “What’s eating you?”

“Okay so you see...” Noah starts to explain, only to lose steam and changes tactics. “Wait no. It’s homecoming soon and my mom would kill me if I didn’t do this properly.”

“You’re starting to worry me Noah.”

Exhaling with intent, Noah steadies his nerves and locks eyes with Ernie. “Homecoming is next weekend and I wanted to ask for permission to...” He almost loses his nerve, but forces himself to finish. “Can I ask Hayley to the dance?”

“Am I missing something?” Ernie looks confused. “I know she and her mom got a dress already, so why are you asking me?”

“Somebody else asked her already?” Feeling his hopes crumble, Noah can’t think of who had the chance to.

“Aren’t you two already dating?” Sliding dirty glasses into the dishwasher, Ernie grows more sure of himself. “I know I saw you dancing a few weeks ago and you’ve been over at our house basically every day since.”

“What?” Noah’s heart beats wildly in his chest.

Smirking at the shocked teen, Ernie calls Orion out from the back. “Hey Orion, are Noah and Hayley going out or not?”

“If you aren’t, you better stop leading her along.” Crossing his arms, Orion gives Noah an angry scowl for the first time. “Whoa, is everyone here sick?” His protective expression vanishes, making Noah whirl around to see.

“Do they all have green hair?” Ernie points to the nearest example, the woman’s hair lifting up almost like leaves. “And what’s going on with their skin?”

Examining the crowd, the closest thing Noah can compare everyone to is a pineapple.”I’m going to go check with Zordon, you guys be careful.”

“What’s happening to all of them?” Dana gasps when the screaming begins. The suddenly sick members of the crowd are writhing on the ground, each ones torso changing into a pineapple of equal mass.

Each person’s hair becomes the leaves on top, with the strangest changes occurring to the limbs. Both the arms and legs flail about and lengthen, becoming long pink tentacles wriggling on the ground. When they make contact with a nearby person, the fleshy tendrils wrap about them and squeeze.

“We almost got the whole hour to ourselves.” Scoffing at the interruption, Troy sends out a call to the others. “We’re in trouble and could use a hand.”

He dashes after the girls, grabbing Dana and yanking her back from a grasping tentacle. “Careful, these things are really grabby!”

“What’s the plan?” Emma stops running forward and barely avoids the flailing limbs. “Because we got a lot of people watching.”

Reaching into her purse for one of her now necessary bottles of hairspray and a lighter, Dana doesn’t waste anymore time. The gout of flame sends the tendrils retracting as soon as the air grows warmer and let’s the trio move through the fruit.

Obnoxious chuckles come from the left, revealing an eight foot tall walking flower. Four pink tentacles emerge from the base like feet, with another four acting as arms. A mass of yellow tendrils sprout among the petals and pull any caught butterfly inside for a snack.

“The plan is defeat whatever that is!” Troy calls out a warning and tackles the girls out of the way. “Once we get out of sight that is.”

“Oh that will be hard with my bird’s eye view.” The Pineoctopuss cackles madly, each movement of it’s body sending clouds of pollen into the air. “Now Tengu, blow my sickness over the world!”

Shadows descend and a flock of Tengu land in the branches of a nearby tree. They flap wildly as one and send the ever growing cloud of golden dust rising into the air. It floats over the city and catches the air current going South to Mexico.

“Hey Dana, how many of those do you have?” Emma hisses quietly.

“Four...” Dana starts handing the hairspray to the pink ranger. “Why?”

“Going to make a distraction so Troy and I can sneak away to morph, be careful.” She loops an elastic band around them and holds the nozzles down with a second. Once finished Emma throws it into the air and lets Dana light it up.

The fireball is bright and loud enough to cover the morphing calls of both Troy and Emma, with the red and pink light being hidden by the orange flame.

“Mighty Mega Red!” Troy roars in fury, his flame thrower already attached.

“Mighty Mega Pink!” Emma aims her own air cannon and the two begin a combination attack. Her pellets of condensed oxygen ignite as they travel through Troy’s fire, creating a storm of flaming bullets that explode against the Pineoctopuss.

The monster ignites like an oil soaked rag and screeches in agony. Not yet defeated, it swings the searing tentacles for the pair. They streak through the air and Troy barely manages to leap between them, with Emma rolling under the attack.

Emma draws her bow and charges her string, with Troy doing the same to his Power Sword. “If you can actually shoot this straight, you can pick which Megazord formation we use next.” He promises and watches in amazement as his glowing crimson blade shoots into the monster, the wave of pink energy following a second later.

The red and pink energy surges inside the monster and creates a blinding explosion of scarlet. Pineoctopuss’ screams become more recognizably human, until the flames are extinguished and the now cleansed person is shivering in shock.

Ajlove likes this.
  28. SharkCultist

Not revealing who the person is? Must be a big reveal.

29. Flightless Man

Well as a hint, I can say it's a teacher (but not necessarily one I've already named already).

SharkCultist and Ajlove like this.
  30. Threadmarks: Episode 21.5: Heir Apparent
    Flightless Man

Episode 21.5: Heir Apparent

Unlike with every prior cleansing, Miss Appleby collapses to the grass screaming in pain. Her entire left arm is a mass of pulsing green veins and even worse, none of the pineapples are reverting.

“Miss Appleby!” Dana darts forward and grabs the emergency poncho they all carry now, helping the teacher cover herself.

“Where’s Anton...” The confused woman mumbles to herself and realizes that she is no longer in her classroom. “And where am I?”

Glancing over at Emma, Troy knows this isn’t one of Rita’s plots. “I think we better bring you back to our base for a check up Miss.”

“I think that would be for the best,” She frowns and grabs her pained arm. “I don’t feel very well.”

“We should bring one of the… fruit with us.” Adds a worried Emma. “Find out why no one else is changing back.”

HE nods back and taps into the base’s frequency. “Zordon, we have a problem here.” Glancing at the people beginning to return in hope the transformation is over, he feels a pit grow in his stomach. “None of the people the Pineoctopuss affected are changing back, and the person we cured has some severe side effects.”

“Locking on for transport now.” The time locked Zordon responds, as the red and pink light are followed by two beams of grey.

Dana sighs and grabs the two rangers’ bags. “Guess I’m going to the Juice Bar until someone can give me a ride.” Scowling because no bus will be coming here today after an attack, she starts the long walk towards downtown.

Blue, yellow, and black bolts of light reveal the corresponding rangers before long. Bulk however is absent and not answering his communicator. Packed inside the medical room of the base, the rangers watch Alpha scan the teacher.

“What’s wrong with her Alpha?” Concern fills her, making Emma grab the woman’s good hand in support.

The robot doesn’t answer until he finishes his test on the tentacled fruit nearby. “As far as I can tell, neither have been subjected to any of Master Vile’s magic.”

That news fills no one with comfort, setting the imaginations of all five off. What else is making monsters in Angel Grove? Troy recovers first and starts asking the teacher what she remembers of the morning.

“You asked about an Anton, who’s that?” He keeps his voice soft, doing his best not to rush the woman.

“A new student was transferring in and I had a meeting with his father,” Explains the now sedated Miss Appleby. “To make sure Trent wouldn’t be to far behind everyone else.”

Jake only knows one man with that name in town and growls. “Do you mean Anton Mercer by any chance?”

“How did you know?” Shocked, she nods slowly in confirmation.

“I worked with him once, he was a pretty messed up dude.” Shuddering at the memory of how the lab smelled, Jake remembers the man had also claimed he had a son named Trent.

“The Stone Canyon kids had a few questions about the test and Aisha even gave me a pineapple.” The kind yet strict teacher starts to remember her morning with more clarity. “They said it was a tradition at their school.”

“I thought that was very nice of them, for such a strangely dressing trio and cut some up for my lunch.” Frowning as she remembers what happened next, the rangers are equally shocked by the openness of the attack. “Anton Mercer came in for his meeting and he… locked the door?”

The rangers share a look, while Troy gets the woman to continue. “What happened next?”

“He turned on the radio, almost on full volume.” Miss Appleby shudders and starts scratching her green arm. “Then he jabbed me in the arm with a syringe full of green stuff. After that, all I can remember is feeling like I was on fire.”

After coughing in embarrassment Emma apologizes. “That was probably us when we changed you back… sorry about that.”

The teacher snorts at the tone and pulls Emma in for a surprise hug. “You saved me Dear, so don’t ever apologize to me for a little discomfort.”

Alpha lets out a few chirps of surprise and runs the samples a seventh time. “Rangers, I believe I know the problem.” He shuffles over and let’s the tension build. “This was all done by human ingenuity, no magic spells at all.”

“How is that possible?” Hisses Gia, her hands clenching in barely hidden disgust.

“With a chemical not naturally produced on Earth, this Anton Mercer has found a way to cross the evolutionary barrier for life on this planet.”

Noah understands the half answer and makes a leap in logic. “So what does that mean, this serum can make a person’s DNA mutate into anything else on the planets?”

“To a degree… yes.” Agrees Alpha, his shoulders slumping at how creative evil really is. “But it will require an outside source of genetic material to trigger a change. Did you by chance ingest any octopuss recently?”

“Last night the teachers had seafood,” Blurts out a horrified Miss Appleby. “Is that why I changed into one of those?” She goes pale and points to the pulsing fruit nearby.

“It looks that way,” Gia agrees with a wince. “Now the real question is...’

“How do we save all the people who transformed already?” Growling at the hundred of changed citizens, Troy refuses to fail them.

Alpha shrugs sadly and gives the bad news. “I don’t know how, at least not without a sample of the original serum.”

“Mercer’s house!” Blurts out Jake as another memory lights up. “He keeps a copy of his notes at home and lots of samples so he can’t get screwed out of credit again. He said his old boss Andrew Hartford stole all his work, fired him, and got incredibly rich off it.”

“I can kind of understand Mercer’s fall, if that’s really true of course.” Noah admits with an awkward chuckle. “Years of work and it just… is gone.”

That doesn’t appease Troy and he makes it clear how he feels. “Doesn’t excuse what he’s doing to innocent people, so we need to raid his house.”

“I’ll keep trying to reach Bulk, so Anton doesn’t recognize my voice or anything.” Jake gives the others an annoyed sigh. “So good luck and all that jazz.”

“Well it looks like the studying is actually paying off, because your ideas aren’t nearly as stupid as they used to be.” Snorts Noah, impressed his best friend is the one who realized that hole in the plan.

The sight of four Power Rangers appearing on a quiet suburban street, has everyone looking around in worry that only fades when no danger is revealed. The terror changes to curiositty, as the heroes walk up Anton Mercer’s driveway and knock on his door.

“Why are we knocking, we know it was him.” Tapping her foot impatiently, Gia is growling like a caged tiger. “I say we kick the door in and grab everything that looks weird.”

“And if his kid is home?” Reminding her of the most likely innocent Trent, Emma manages to restrain her friend with only her words.

Troy agrees firmly with her and makes his instructions clear. “If Mercer is here, we grab him and the other three will raid his house. No violence unless someone else here starts it and keep Trent out of things… unless he chooses otherwise of course.”

Footsteps announce the arrival of someone on the other side of the door and the delay most likely means they are looking through the peephole. Slowly the front door cracks open, but the deadbolt stays chained.

“Dad said you guys would come for him, but I thought he was just being paranoid.” Hisses Trent, his visible hand shaking with nerves. “You’re supposed to be the good guys, but the Guardians are right… you’re just another faction of baddies!” He slams the door and he can be heard stomping up the stairs.

“Well, time for plan Gia!” She roars and kicks the locked door handle, shattering it and letting the door swing open. “I’ll grab Trent, you guys check the rest of the house.” She doesn’t wait for an answer and dashes after the fleeing teen.

He makes it rather easy to follow, leaving the stairs to the attic down. We don’t want to scare you Kid, but Mercer has hurt a lot of people today. We need to find his notes.”

“So you’re not aliens, you’re foreign agents?” Growls Trent from the shadows and he lights a match. “You’re not getting anything from me!” He roars in defiance and flicks the flame into a box filled with loose papers.

The attic goes up in flames and Gia is forced to dash forward to save the panicking Trent. She catches him in a tackle and throws them both down the stairs. Rolling hard along the wood floor, Gia hisses when he back slams into a railing.

“Trent thinks we’re spies and lit the attic on fire, so you better look for anything useful fast.” Hissing over the radio, Gia isn’t expecting Trent to kick her as soon as she gets to her feet.

The blow sends her through the railing and tumbling to the main floor with a thud. Only the sound of fading footsteps, lets Gia know he dashed away out the backdoor.

“And I just lost him, so one of you better have some good news for me.”

“I found a few vials of green stuff, but it’s not labeled.” Emma answers with an audible frown. “I’m grabbing them all, but this whole place seems like it was emptied recently.”

“Lets bring them to Alpha and hope we have the right stuff, because I can hear sirens getting closer.” Warns Troy. “This is going to do wonders for our reputation...” He sighs and the four head back to base in beams of colored light.

Rita drums her fingers along the table, anxiously waiting for her “son’s” ritual to finish. Once his memories are suppressed, I can raise him evil the right way. No spells needed to make him the most repulsive warrior on Earth, just sweet motherly affection will be needed.

She frowns at Zedd, who is growing less cruel by the day in his treatment of her. What is wrong with him, he’s being nice? Nearly gagging at the thought, Rita is nearly shocked off her feet when Koh speaks his first words.

“Mother?” His voice is the same one Ryan once had and the boy’s appearance is mostly the same, but the mane of white hair and cruelness in his tone are very different. “Father?” His eyes dart to a now alert Zedd.

“Who am I?” Koh asks with a cold voice, only idle curiosity behind him asking at all.

“You are the Prince of Earth, my darling boy Koh Crueldor.” Pulling the white robed boy into a hug, Rita cackles in glee over another success.

“You just need proper training and soon the world will cower in fear of you, just as it does your loving parents.” Patting him on the back with motherly affection, she turns expectantly back to her husband. “Isn’t he perfect Zeddie?”

Zedd glances at the boy, before his gaze settles on her. “At least one of you is.”

“What are we going to do first?” The Prince giggles when two Tengu begin fighting. “Can I have the loser’s wishbone?”

“Wishes are for the weak,” Corrects Lord Zedd sternly. “In this family, we take what we want and crush any who disagree.”

Koh blinks and nods slowly. “Of course father, I understand.” He points to the Earth and hisses in rage. “I want the Earth!”

“So how will you get it?”

“Making all the humans wish they could die and then promising relief only when they swear allegiance to us.” Koh growls at the knowledge his moon is the smaller landmass. “And then we take the rest of this system, before moving on to the whole galaxy!”

Ajlove likes this.