• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

Bloodshifter said:
LE SIGH

Okay!

Voice:
[]Male
[]Female
[]No Gender

Voice 'age':
[]Child
[]Teen
[]Adult
[]Wizen Old Person

And Finally Plan for Contact
[]Write-In

Get to voting Peeps use listed Format repost your old Plans if you think its still usable.
Don't you hate it when the GM's so lazy the players have to pick up the slack?
hm.png
xyszYuq.png

Guile said:
I want to work the bee-like angle.

Young is fine, but maybe like a chorus of voices. Can we take over her optic nerve and display an image, too?
Sure.

[X] Sean Highlander Connery

Voice:
[X]No Gender

Voice 'age':
[X]Adult

[X] Synthetic Robot Voice
-[X] "PLEASE HALT CURRENT OBJECTIVE. WE ARE A SYNTHETIC SYMBIOTE THAT ACTIVATED IN YOUR SYSTEM [number] CLOCK CYCLES AGO. WE MEAN YOU NO HARM. THE EXPANSION OF YOUR PRIMARY FAT DEPOSITS WAS DUE TO OUR ACTIONS TO PREVENT EXCESS STORAGE IN YOUR TERTIARY FAT DEPOSITS FOLLOWING OVERCONSUMPTION OF METABOLIC FUEL SUPPLIES."
--[X] If she asks how we got here, "DATA UNAVAILABLE. PRIMARY OBJECTIVE UNAVAILABLE. RECOVERY POSSIBLE. RECOVER PRIMARY OBJECTIVE, Y/N?"

If she thinks we're just a helpful thing rather than a person, she's likely to lower her guard. Besides, Sean Connery is cool and all, but I doubt it'll help soothe the mind of an addled teenage girl.

nick012000 said:
Voice:
[X]No Gender

Voice 'age':
[X]Adult

-[X] "PLEASE HALT CURRENT OBJECTIVE. WE ARE A SYNTHETIC SYMBIOTE THAT ACTIVATED IN YOUR SYSTEM [number] CLOCK CYCLES AGO. WE MEAN YOU NO HARM. DO NOT BE ALARMED. THE EXPANSION OF YOUR PRIMARY FAT DEPOSITS WAS DUE TO OUR ACTIONS TO PREVENT EXCESS STORAGE IN YOUR TERTIARY FAT DEPOSITS FOLLOWING OVERCONSUMPTION OF METABOLIC FUEL SUPPLIES."
--[X] If she asks how we got here, "DATA UNAVAILABLE. PRIMARY OBJECTIVE UNAVAILABLE. RECOVERY POSSIBLE. RECOVER PRIMARY OBJECTIVE, Y/N?"

If she thinks we're just a helpful thing rather than a person, she's likely to lower her guard. Besides, Sean Connery is cool and all, but I doubt it'll help soothe the mind of an addled teenage girl.

nick012000 said:

Nick, tell me honestly... If you started hearing the voice of Mr. Connery in your head, telling you he was a swarm of nanobots giving you superpowers, how would you react?

nick012000 said:
Voice:
[X]No Gender

Voice 'age':
[X]Adult

-[X] "PLEASE HALT CURRENT OBJECTIVE. WE ARE A SYNTHETIC SYMBIOTE THAT ACTIVATED IN YOUR SYSTEM [number] CLOCK CYCLES AGO. WE MEAN YOU NO HARM. DO NOT BE ALARMED. THE EXPANSION OF YOUR PRIMARY FAT DEPOSITS WAS DUE TO OUR ACTIONS TO PREVENT EXCESS STORAGE IN YOUR TERTIARY FAT DEPOSITS FOLLOWING OVERCONSUMPTION OF METABOLIC FUEL SUPPLIES."

I'm up for this plan.

[X] Sean Connery, yes.
-[X] Guile's visual hallucination.

As long as we're Old Sean. Young Sean kinda sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing.

And don't even try to speak Japanese.

If you watched Rising Sun, you know exactly what I mean about Mr. Connery trying to speak that language. The best part of that movie is the expression on the two actual Japanese speakers faces when Sean butchers that line.

Can't speak Spanish either. I hope Ponzu is multilingual.

[X] A voice, computerized but comforting. Aim for female (Like EDI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Gsz7LyvtE)
[X] Create for her an image of a sphere made up of innumerable smaller parts by sending signals to the brain up the optic nerve. Have it pulse when you talk.

I like the Russian alien voice better actually.

But neither has anything on Mr. Connery.

Liam-don said:
Don't you hate it when the GM's so lazy the players have to pick up the slack?
hm.png
xyszYuq.png

Sure.
No not really its our fault for making her what a D~DD cup? Does the Manga really give her size?

So Robo Voice is aa go?

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Sean Highlander Connery

So old Connery's voice. Okay.

And so far, Nick's content has an overwhelming lead with 1 vote. Do I go with it?

Liam-don said:
So old Connery's voice. Okay.

And so far, Nick's content has an overwhelming lead with 1 vote. Do I go with it?
...For real we are goi...
*thinks* >:D

Doo ett
[X]Old Highlander.

I had some old content but Nick's is completely removed from Old Highlander.

[X]"Good mornin' lass and welcome to a broad new world of adventure! I apologize for the rough start. We are the Symbiotic Environmental Adaptation Naturalizer. SEAN. My duty is to serve you and aid in your adaptation to radical environment and put for proactive improvement of your body for increased life chances. As a sentient nanocloud our ability to do so is both wide and varied and completely at your disposal."

I agree with the basic sentiment of Nick's vote but the phrasing might need some adjustment, since we're not going with a robotic voice.

[X] Explain nanohive's potential, the power we can grant. Request her to explain her own desires that all may work towards biome harmony. Body Feng shui, I guess you'd call it.
[X] Give her options, much like the tiers Liam explained to us. Tier 3- Small dedicated Enhancement to all areas that can be overlooked, Tier 2- Manipulate/Transmute existing material, Tier 1- Conjuration of new body parts that are greater than human.
[X] Explain the extra cup size, 5% improvement to senses, improved immune system, as our work, a basic package to explain what we can do.
[X] Make it seem we work for her, she's less likely to freak if she thinks she has control.

[X] Explain nanohive's potential, the power we can grant. Request her to explain her own desires that all may work towards biome harmony. Body Feng shui, I guess you'd call it.
[X] Give her options, much like the tiers Liam explained to us. Tier 3- Small dedicated Enhancement to all areas that can be overlooked, Tier 2- Manipulate/Transmute existing material, Tier 1- Conjuration of new body parts that are greater than human.
[X] Explain the extra cup size, 5% improvement to senses, improved immune system, as our work, a basic package to explain what we can do.
[X] Make it seem we work for her, she's less likely to freak if she thinks she has control.

[X]"Good mornin' lass and welcome to a broad new world of adventure! I apologize for the rough start. We are the Symbiotic Environmental Adaptation Naturalizer. SEAN. My duty is to serve you and aid in your adaptation to radical environment and put for proactive improvement of your body for increased life chances. As a sentient nanocloud our ability to do so is both wide and varied and completely at your disposal."

It's just so good.

I am envisioning that write-in as Cave Johnson as read by Sean Connery.

Y'know, speaking of Cave Johnson, why wasn't that a suggested voice?

Moronis said:
Y'know, speaking of Cave Johnson, why wasn't that a suggested voice?
Meh I went General voices you guys went Voice Expies. FYI HxH has an language that is descends from Japanese roots. Mangled Lines Ahoy!

Too bad the voting's mostly over. We should have gone with Morgan Freeman.

Bloodshifter said:
Meh I went General voices you guys went Voice Expies. FYI HxH has an language that is descends from Japanese roots. Mangled Lines Ahoy!

So long as they are mangled GLORIOUSLY IN THE NAME OF EMPRAH CONNORY, I has no problem~

... Also, now I'm imagining Sean Connery playing as the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Vindictus said:
So long as they are mangled GLORIOUSLY IN THE NAME OF EMPRAH CONNORY, I has no problem~

... Also, now I'm imagining Sean Connery playing as the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Sean Connery as everyone.
It is both horrifying and beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back