1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Necromancy-related question.

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Elitist Oars, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Elitist Oars

Elitist Oars Versed in the lewd.

In the completed "The Erogamer" thread, someone was infracted ("https://forum.questionablequesting....-original-complete.5465/page-352#post-5445916"), for what I gather was advertising his set-in-Erogamer-world fic.

Since fics set in The Erogamer universe are directly relevant to The Erogamer, I'd personally think that wasn't necromancy -- perhaps the moderator didn't realize the fic was related to the thread it was posted in? Or perhaps he did realize it, but it's still considered necromancy.

Anyway, would like a bit of a clarification in regards to that issue. Let's say you write a fic related to the now-complete thread, or a piece of fanart or something. Is that considered relevant content enough to be considered non-necromancy or is it still necromancy and forbidden regardless?

Claymore730 likes this.
  2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

The setting itself is not enough to justify that post half a year later. Just like one doesn't link to another Naruto story in a naruto fic thread, to give an exemple.

Second, it's extremely bad manners to use threads belonging to others to advertise your own stuff. And that post was exactly that. A line of thanks, then a longer line about his own story? No. Same setting is no excuse for this and will not be tolerated.

3. Smol Duck

Smol Duck Not too sore, are you?

What about for fan art or omake style pieces?
    Also can an author of a thread be infracted for necromancy on their own thread?

In all honesty none of this is relevant for me, I just want to know.

(edit)I just realized… does it count as necromancy if it’s on the rules thread? XP

4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

If actual omake or fan art drawn/commissioned for the story or quest? That's considered a substantial content post.

The author/OP won't be hit with necromancy as they're likely updating the thread or readers/voters.