• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

New Forum Style - UX.I Dark

Vanathor

『Back In Black』
So we have a new forum skin, just to let everyone here know. Some stuff needs to be fixed still (that we already know about) like getting the TinyMRC to look properly but otherwise it functioning as appropriate.

I have judged it to be at a suitable release state, for the time being, so here it is.

Once we get all the kinks worked out of the Dark version, we will start working on a 'light' one.

Also, as a side note.

One of our own, a VictoriousCoyote has put in his time and effort to fix the appearance of our dice.

This fix should be implemented tomorrow, once alethiophile finds the time to put it into place.

This is will be what the dice look like, once its done, roughly.

X7Fk0In.png

So now you should have a reason to use them :)

Last edited:
I like it, it's very... active. Looks almost like something I'd see on a show set in the near-future.

The new skin looks quite nice. Definitely my favourite out of the available ones, although I do wish something could be done about all of the stuff from the top scrolling down with the screen.

I think I may have still preferred my highly edited version of Hydrogen, but since that up and vanished I'm more than happy with this. I was worried I may have had to completely rework yet another theme to fit my preferences earlier today.

The new skin looks quite nice. Definitely my favourite out of the available ones, although I do wish something could be done about all of the stuff from the top scrolling down with the screen.

I think I may have still preferred my highly edited version of Hydrogen, but since that up and vanished I'm more than happy with this. I was worried I may have had to completely rework yet another theme to fit my preferences earlier today.
Nitrogen and Hydrogen were nuked due to how badly they were coded, which made them all but impossible to support. We intended to phase then out a while ago, but that was delayed until today, when I was setting up the new skin.

Nitrogen and Hydrogen were nuked due to how badly they were coded, which made them all but impossible to support. We intended to phase then out a while ago, but that was delayed until today, when I was setting up the new skin.
Fair enough. I'd been meaning to swap over to another theme at some point anyways since I had things I was going to fix in Hydrogen anyways and figured it would just be easier to swap to another theme with the look I wanted and change from there instead of reworking it entirely again. This just caused my plans to speed up a bit and saved me a whole lot of effort.

I'm enjoying the new skin, actually. Although the link colour is the same as normal text? Would kinda like that to be changed, maybe.

Circular Avatars, huh. Weird, but not exactly bad.
It's nice. I'd switch, but I need a theme that lets me use black and white text noticeably.

This new theme, when on a mobile device, shows only watched tags and forums you ignore on the top bar outside of the elipses. Could you switch them so new posts is immediately visible?

So things.

1. UI.X Light has been released as promised. :)
  2. And an arguably bigger announcement: Thanks to the efforts of myself, alethiophile, and most importantly VictoriousCoyote, we finally have pretty looking dice :)
Observe:

[dice]313[/dice]
Currently the pretty dice are only enabled in the UI.X-series themes, but they will be added to the rest as we have time.

So kudos to that.

BBCode Editor icons are broken on the new UI.X Dark both regular and (Mobile) theme:

leCGviu.png

[dice]324[/dice]

While I found it interesting. I have always hated menu bars that won't disappear when I scroll also I prefer responsive themes so I won't be using it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back