• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

News and Headlines...

Only issue I have with that is how does it deal with preparation, inspection and pre-cleaning?

Like, it's movements were basically mo-capped. That range of movement isn't great, if you mo-capped them cutting an oblong potato, how well does it cut a round one? Can it reliably peel a potato without wasting shit tons of it due to irregular shape? If there's a bad spot will it know how to cut it out and how much of it? If there is debris on or in the food can and will it remove it? Will it pre-wash your vegetables or do you have to do that yourself? Does it make bulk batches? Because that's something I do a lot of. Can I request it make like 10 servings of a dish for that, will it get fed up with my requests and strangle me because even if a professional chef mo-capped it, I'm still going to criticize robo-chef for it's shit spice choices.

Only issue I have with that is how does it deal with preparation, inspection and pre-cleaning?

Like, it's movements were basically mo-capped. That range of movement isn't great, if you mo-capped them cutting an oblong potato, how well does it cut a round one? Can it reliably peel a potato without wasting shit tons of it due to irregular shape? If there's a bad spot will it know how to cut it out and how much of it? If there is debris on or in the food can and will it remove it? Will it pre-wash your vegetables or do you have to do that yourself? Does it make bulk batches? Because that's something I do a lot of. Can I request it make like 10 servings of a dish for that, will it get fed up with my requests and strangle me because even if a professional chef mo-capped it, I'm still going to criticize robo-chef for it's shit spice choices.
I have no idea. I just think it's neat.

I'm pretty sure they tried one out in my city, or at least a machine like it and yeah, it definitely needs to improve a bunch still before it's actually viable beyond making for interesting novelty restaurants. But if they manage to do that it'd be kinda neat, yeah.

Shuten-butt.jpg

sauce
Let's not go into the Kyle Rittenhouse mess no matter what your opinion is on what he did or the judgement rendered.

This is a hot mess, no matter what, one which easily can and will go into Rule 8 territory.

I'm a trucker, so most of my news will be CDL related.

As someone who has a retired trucker for an uncle and a sadly deceased uncle who was exclusively a big rig diesel mechanic, I lazily salute you with my nonexistant trucker hat and can of Bud-lite, keep those wheels rollin and the engine warm. Ride eternal, Shiny and chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back