1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

PbP Game Interest Check Thread

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by Biigoh, Feb 27, 2013.

1. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

I'd totally be down for E6. I've been DMing a lot of stuff, and haven't really been able to play in anything for quite some time. Do you have an actual ruleset for it though? The only ones I've seen are for 3.5, and don't quite work with Pathfinder.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

I would also throw my had in the ring for Pathfinder, but be warned it has been a few years since I played.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

I just have the 3.5 rules, though admittedly we play 3.P more than pathfinder itself. (i.e, Mug the system for all its good bits.) Is there an issue running E6 in pathfinder?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

The "issue", insofar as that it can be said to be an issue, lies in that there really hasn't been (as far as I can tell, at least) a good conversion of the E6/E8 rules for 3.5 into Pathfinder. That said, there's no mechanical reason why it can't be done - just that there would be a lot of work involved in adjusting for the differences between 3.5 and Pathfinder, and the further balancing and tweaking and whatnot.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

Would anyone be interested in a Fire Emblem RP?

For those who are unfamiliar with the game, it's a turn-based tactical role-playing game. Each player would control one single character on the battlefield, and there'd be opportunities for role-playing between battles.

I can post detailed rules and such if people are interested.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Might be ?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

I'm more of a Tactics Ogre guy, but sure, assuming I can get away with quick and dirty posting.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Anyone interested in a DnD Next game? I'd be interested in running it, if people are interested in playing. The rules are free at the link; all you need is an email to sign up to the playtest with.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

I'd play.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

I'm interested, I've been wanting to play D&D for a while. Be warned though, it'd be my first time actually playing.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Okay, then; if I get another person or two expressing interest, I'll start the thread. Right now, I'm going to bed. Anyone who's interested in playing: don't read the adventure modules in the playtest packet; I'm planning on running those!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Not interested.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

So, is that it? Noone else is interested?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Quantumboost

Quantumboost Spacetime Anomaly

reserve_list.push("Quantumboost");

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Okay, given that interest on DnD has fizzled, what about Eclipse Phase? They're releasing the initial drafts of the next book on their forums as part of their open playtest, and since that included a simplified character generation system, I figured that it'd be a good time to see if anyone's interested in playing; all the books have been released Creative Commons, so they're all legal to download (and all but Rimward can be downloaded from the blog of one of their developers).

I was thinking about running a Gatecrashing campaign loosely inspired by Planet Explorers, Avatar, Alien Planet, and similar things.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Bill The Galactic Hero

Bill The Galactic Hero Getting out there.

I purchased Only War recently. I've never played it before, so what the fuck - who wants to play a short game, so I can learn said rules?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Okay, given that my last two ideas have fizzled, how about Genius: the Transgression? I was reading through the God-Machine Chronicle, and I was struck by a bunch of ideas for a Genius game; I'll post the rules I've come up with for updating it to the God-Machine Rules Update (a.k.a. nWoD, 2nd Edition) if there's interest.

Basic Plot Idea:
    You're all staff and/or students at the Wellington School for Gifted Children, a school for the "special", brilliant, and strange. The school board recently sold off a bunch of schools to private companies to cover holes in their budget, and this particular school was sold to a company called Edu Tech Corp, which decided to cut costs by hiring a bunch of less-than-qualified individuals as staff members; a member of the local Lemurians decided to take advantage of this by getting a bunch of Geniuses hired for positions that their madness would usually disqualify them from. Then, strange events begin to occur, and it's up to you to discover the school's secrets.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

sounds interesting, but i've not done much RP'ing. Willing to take a newbie?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Sure; all you really need is the Genius Core, the God-Machine Rules Update, and one of the Genius character sheets; the nWoD Core book would be helpful, though I'm not going to link to any operated copies of it.

If one or two other people express interest, I'll start an OoC thread.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Oh, cone on. This is the second time this has happened, where I've said 'one or two more people express interest and I'll make the thread,' and no one says anything. If you're even vaguely interested, please post so that I can make the thread.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. Makahl

Makahl Know what you're doing yet?

actually I'm interested too but I didn't check the pbp interest thread since last week.
    I'll need to read over the rules but go ahead and make that thread.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

Anyone interested in playing as pilots in Muv-Luv Alternative?

I'd be using a modified version of the Cthulhutech rules.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Blarg, Cthulhutech's rules. One of the few systems where you get more likely to critfail the more dice you have!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

How many waifus will we get to collect just so we can see them die in the most gruesome fashion possible?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

I think you're misunderstanding something here - you're going to be the waifus.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Sounds amusing. While I don't know much about Muv-luv or Cthulhutech I could try.

Though, I've never participated in a PbP game before.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

So, anyone interested in a Dark Heresy game? I'd need two to four players for it. You don't need to know about Dark Heresy, but some knowledge about Warhammer 40k would be good.

In Dark Heresy you play as the minions Acolytes of an inquisitor. You are her trained investigators that performs missions granted in the name of Holy Terra. But you are some of her lowest minions workers... And often work in secret and can't use the authority of the Inquisition (which isn't yours in any case) as that would blow your cover.

There are 8 "classes", Adept (learned scholar), Arbitrator (law-keeper and judge), Assassin (skilled killer...), Cleric (brings the word of the Emperor, sometimes on the battlefield) Guardsman (former member of the army), Imperial Psyker (supernatural powers~), Scum (criminal, conman and thief) and Tech-Priest (guardian of the machine-spirits and preserver of traditions of tech).

So, anyone interested? Any questions?

Also, it would be my first PbP game, and maybe second time as GM, so take it easy, please.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Is this one of those crazed, frothing 'burn the heretics, kill the unclean, purge the non-humans!' Inquisitors? I... don't like them.

Though given we can't use the might of the Inquisition directly, it sounds more like a sneaky/tricksy game, which I would certainly be down for.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Not "crazed, frothing"... Puritan, but willing to bend on some rules to oppose the enemies of Man. Still some way from being radical... From some points of view. Like, she accepts psykers and other mutants (important note: mutants created by chaos are not ok) as long as they don't opposes the Imperium.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

I'd be interested. Maybe as a Tech-Priest? Not that I have those books..

Ddmkm122 likes this.