• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

FAQ

What is this?

Phobos VII is an original novel set in an offshoot of the general universe...
FAQ

HypoSoc

The mind is such a fragile plaything.
FAQ

What is this?

Phobos VII is an original novel set in an offshoot of the general universe of my works. Since 2019 I had been posting about 50k words of unedited content per year into this thread until the story was eventually completed in November 2021. After which I drastically edited down the work into a clean and complete novel, which is now available for sale as an ebook and paperback here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CGGN8W1Y

Where is the story?
As part of the rules for Kindle Unlimited, I cannot have the book available electronically anywhere outside of Amazon. As such I elected to take down the content of the thread.

I have left the discussion points (which might be confusing without the story threads), as well as the original Chapter 1, which ended up as cut content. I also have left the 'Divergence Point' which explains the connection between this world and the general world of my other works.

I am also posting a series of world building essays I wrote up as part of a marketing effort for the book.

If you only reached this thread after I have taken everything down, I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have the means, I would ask that you consider supporting me by purchasing the book, or by reading it on Kindle Unlimited if you have a subscription.

Otherwise, I have a LOT of free content on this site that you can find in my signature that I would ask you to enjoy instead.

I already read it here/I have an internet archive of it. Why should I buy the book?
If you have an archive of the thread before deletion I would ask you don't spread it around.

If you want a reason to buy the book other than supporting me (heck, maybe it will end up in a Library for a free read?) I will assert it is MUCH more polished than the original thread was. I managed to cut it down to almost half the size while keeping good pacing and better focus on things. I would say the published version is much better than the first draft. I did spend just as much time editing as I did originally writing it.

Is anything else going to be taken down?
No. There are no plans to take down anything else or to turn anything else into a published work that requires a takedown.

If any future story is in that position, then I will be up front about it from the start.

Why keep the thread if the story is gone?
Why not? Consider it advertisement, or a place for me to answer questions you might have, or the like. Or it can just die quietly in the archives of the website.

Last edited:
Back