• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Tinker Taylor [Worm Quest]

Nervaqus987 said:
Taken, unfortunately, by a British cape.
Aww...
In that case,

[X] Take the offer
[X] Red Ribbon

We can make a team out of people that we give gems to, and call them the Red Ribbon Army.

Changing to:
[X] Take the online offer for one thousand dollars, arrange a meeting face-to-face, but do so masked-up. A definite yes/no is off the table until you know what and who you're dealing with and whether or not crime or crime of what type is involved. Besides, money leads to tinkering supplies. If these people are not wholly repugnant, then you'll probably be able to put up with them as long as they're shelling out the cash.
[X] Ribbon Star.

Hopefully we won't end up with a stupid name.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Go down to meet Faultline
[X] Shibari, after the method of tying people up you found. [You're still not sure why the librarian was so mad]

Selias said:
We can make a team out of people that we give gems to, and call them the Red Ribbon Army.

I just realized: we could recruit tattletale away from coil. one of our gems can disguise her so coil can't find her. she can be mission control for our heroing.

I wonder what happens if a Case 53 uses a gem. Will they appear to be a normal human? If so, we could have a pretty good market for civilian-grade gems, which would presumably be easier to make and longer lasting.

Silversun17 said:
I just realized: we could recruit tattletale away from coil. one of our gems can disguise her so coil can't find her. she can be mission control for our heroing.
If we end up meeting her, there is a fairly good chance that our Thinker power will let us realize that she is not in her current position voluntarily, depending on exactly how it works.

[X] Take the online offer for one thousand dollars, arrange a meeting face-to-face, but do so masked-up. A definite yes/no is off the table until you know what and who you're dealing with and whether or not crime or crime of what type is involved. Besides, money leads to tinkering supplies. If these people are not wholly repugnant, then you'll probably be able to put up with them as long as they're shelling out the cash.

[X] Shibari, after the method of tying people up you found

Also, Silversun17 and Anasurimbor have an interesting idea, but that'll have to wait until we actually meet her, however that occurs.

...you horrible people, trying to force Taylor to have such a perverted name...

I like it. Vote Edited.

+smiles+
You evil people.

Seriously though, that would make her to be less trusted to be serious, or worse, considered deviant.

Vindictus said:
[] Go down to meet Faultline
[] Shibari, after the method of tying people up you found. [You're still not sure why the librarian was so mad]
She knows why the librarian was so mad.
The less said about where you had to look for techniques used to securely bind a person with ropes, the better. That librarian is still giving you "the look" every time you visit.
People. Please don't be a bunch of idiots. Please?

[X] Shibari, after the method of tying people up you found. [You're still not sure why the librarian was so mad]

[X] Cape Name - Ribbon Star

Anything other then naming ourselves after that. Naming a technique that would be better though.

[X] Troop down to the Palanquin in disguise to talk with Faultline.

[] Shibari, after the method of tying people up you found

Are you people for real ? Fuck that, there is such a thing as Common Sense and I'd like our character to actually have some. Useless the QM can confirm that this Quest doesn't run on the usual Worm grade Grimness, then sure, knock yourself out. But until confirmed, trying to force utter stupidity like this into the story can only result in problems.

[X] Ribbon Star
Doing my part.

[X] Troop down to the Palanquin in disguise to talk with Faultline.

Deathwings said:
Are you people for real ? Fuck that, there is such a thing as Common Sense and I'd like our character to actually have some. Useless the QM can confirm that this Quest doesn't run on the usual Worm grade Grimness, then sure, knock yourself out. But until confirmed, trying to force utter stupidity like this into the story can only result in problems.

Yo.

Jaertin said:
Voting's over. Don't worry though, I intend to have a lighter tone than canon.

Deathwings said:
There is a difference between "lighter" and "crack". And a name as bloody stupid as Shibari definitely fall into the later to me.

*Shrugs* Didn't vote for it. Just pointing out that this quest doesn't run on grimdark, which was what you seemed concerned about.

Disminded said:
*Shrugs* Didn't vote for it. Just pointing out that this quest doesn't run on grimdark, which was what you seemed concerned about.
Well, yeah. Worm is dark enough that even lightening it only leave you with a still pretty deep shade of gray.

Calling yourself that would probably have people looking at you strangely, and have trouble taking you seriously, at least unless you proved yourself to be sufficiently badass to call yourself whatever you damn well want. The PRT and mainstream news outlets would probably call you by a more innocuous name, like they do with Bitch.

If this option wins (I haven't tallied yet), I'll roll with it as best I can. This is my first time anyway, so it's been a learning experience. And it's not like you guys haven't managed to pick the options I thought least likely thus far.

[1] be an independent hero and start your own Web show. your transformed state is damn easy on the eyes and the cape webshow you know of is profitable. starting up a hero counterpart to the Uber and leet should pay off.
Silversun17

[10] Take the online offer for one thousand dollars, arrange a meeting face-to-face, but do so masked-up. A definite yes/no is off the table until you know what and who you're dealing with and whether or not crime or crime of what type is involved. Besides, money leads to tinkering supplies. If these people are not wholly repugnant, then you'll probably be able to put up with them as long as they're shelling out the cash.
Slayer Anderson, Biigoh, tsuknoryu2986, Z000, Nervaqus987, Prince Charon, Selias, hunter09, nick012000, Malcolmo

[1] Try selling a few temporary gems
Anasurimbor

[11] Troop down to the Palanquin in disguise to talk with Faultline.
serra2, inverted_helix,megrisvernin, minuseven, Disminded, fitzgerald, Vindictus, Under the chandelier, Grosstoad, Deathwings, Carrnage

[9] Shibari, after the method of tying people up you found
Slayer Anderson, Nervaqus987, Prince Charon, hunter09, Lunaryon, nick012000, Vindictus, Under the chandelier, Carrnage

[7] Cape Name - Ribbon Star
Biigoh, serra2, tsuknoryu2986, Z000, Malcolmo, Grosstoad, Deathwings

[3] Cape Name - Sailor Phantom
inverted_helix, Disminded, fitzgerald

[1] Red Ribbon
Selias

Edit: Nevermind, mistally and vote's still open.

... Well, our name is now Shibari. If we're going to go with that, I vote we be stupidly proud of it and be completely obtuse when people imply there's something wrong with it. "What? It's just the Japanese art of tying people up. Why is everybody snickering?" Be especially incensed when people get our name wrong on the news, and obsessively correct our para humans wiki listing.

On another note, I think this is the first quest where we actually pursued the Faultline route. That's just nifty.

Jaertin said:
[9] Shibari, after the method of tying people up you found
Slayer Anderson, Nervaqus987, Prince Charon, hunter09, Lunaryon, nick012000, Vindictus, Under the chandelier, Carrnage

[7] Cape Name - Ribbon Star
Biigoh, serra2, tsuknoryu2986, Z000, Malcolmo, Grosstoad, Deathwings
But I voted for Ribbon Star...
Today at 07:13:31 AM by Under the chandelier »

Under the chandelier said:
But I voted for Ribbon Star...
Shoot. Tallying votes manually is hard :(

If anyone wants to change their votes go for it. I'm not going to get the next part done today, because I have to reread some things first anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back