• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ's Future - Partnership with Google

How much do you love Google?

• I love it

Votes: 36 3.7%
  • I *really* love it, if you know what I mean

Votes: 118 12.2%
  • I can't live without Google

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • ALL HAIL THE ALGORITHM

Votes: 580 59.8%
  • The FBI is coming for me after reading my Gmail account

Votes: 196 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultima333

Happy Sunflower Time
Administrator
As you know, QuestionableQuesting was founded to allow creative freedom and for writers to have a more open platform for their works. Since then, QQ has enjoyed a stable growth, with nearly fifty thousand registered users.

But there are moments in your life when you think it's time to move on.

As of today, we have signed a deal with Google to transfer ownership of QuestionableQuesting to them. Yes, the staff team argued a lot about the deal, saying QQ would never be the same again we sold. But then Google made some very convincing arguments we were unable to ignore.

So, as an advance notice, here is the list of changes that will happen. The staff will remain available until the transfer is done, even as we check our newly-bought islands in the tropics and hold a fun competition to see who build the best theme park, filled with blackjack and hookers. It's a fun way to start our early retirement.

Some upcoming changes include:
  • Automatic linking of GMail Account
    • If your registered email address is not a GMail account, one will be automagically created for you, with details sent to your current email address.
  • Improved Security by way of Sign In with Google as the exclusive login method
  • Free Google Stadia subscription for every user (details to be announced at a later date)
  • Improved analytics to help you get the content you deserve!
    • Your Likes and Watched Threads will be shared with Google Partners to deliver the most relevant content to you!
  • Improved moderation, brought to you by state-of-the-art machine learning.
    • Real-world moderation enforcement, powered by Boston Dynamics and Skynet.
  • More to come!

We would like to thank you all for being such a major part of this journey.
Stay safe, and keep on googling yourselves!

Okay, admittedly unlike SB's Obvious bit about "GroundBattles", this was subtle enough that I bought it because I forgot what the date was.

Phew.

Seriously, for a moment the thought "Oh. Fuck. Everything I know and love is gonna be ripped apart and censored for 'our benefit'," went through my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back