• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Request to replace the default "Question Mark" avatar

GLH

Really?
I'm racist against Question Marks.

More specifically, if you actively participate on this website and don't have an avatar, you should know that you're barely more to me than the black silhouettes that represented the background characters in RWBY Season 1.

There are exceptions to this rule of course, and if it makes you feel better you can pretend you're one of them.

But really guys. If you've got a hundred posts or more on this website, go get an avatar already.
You should petition to have the question mark avatar for default be replaced by a picture of a penguin like the other QQ, or a cat.
umed3O2.gif

Actually, I would petition that THIS image become the default avatar for the posters of QQ. ;) :D :p
I one hundred percent second this. For real tho could we actually get the admins to do that? Oh man it would be so amazing...
As this series of posts and responses show, there is a strong desire to see the bland and boring default avatar replaced with something else. I have offered one usable and useful replacement, and am willing to make more default avatars if desired, but even so, it seems that many would want to see the "Question Mark" avatar replaced.

I am totally on board with this, unfortunately I am somewhat cautious of using the amazing picture of fairy batman as we might run in on some copyright issues. If there are no issues with copyright then that image is going to be awesome.

Well, if that´s what users want, then why not? But not the Fairy Batman one, that´s bound to be under copyright and nothing good would come of it.

I am totally on board with this, unfortunately I am somewhat cautious of using the amazing picture of fairy batman as we might run in on some copyright issues. If there are no issues with copyright then that image is going to be awesome.
Well, if that´s what users want, then why not? But not the Fairy Batman one, that´s bound to be under copyright and nothing good would come of it.
As far as google can find, it was a smilie from the ff shrine forums someone drew based on the lego "Fairy Princess Batman" mini-figure.

Ha. Ha.

Not.

Bug off and leave us alone, huh? My laziness is not your excuse to harass me.
Well, since you personally need an avatar with more gravatas to better personally represent you, I would suggest you pick one of these two pictures for me to then crop and resize it for your individual avatar needs. ;) :D

JcYiOQ2.jpg

or

FKGwKat.jpg

:p

I was completely fine with the default question mark avatar for the longest time.

Then I got into a PM conversation with another question mark avatar, and invited a third person (who did have an avatar) to the conversation. It was at this point that I realized that hey, having an avatar --even if it's a really simple one-- would help that third person tell the two of us apart, which would be useful for clarity. So I bashed up a stupidly simple avatar.

Very shortly thereafter I noticed that the other quesion mark had aquired an avatar as well.

Your name is your identifier, but your avatar is your face -- it's what people recognize you by when they're just scrolling by. I feel that changing the default avatar from the question mark to something silly will merely swap one indistinguishable generic avatar for another, unless the replacement somehow shames people into getting a "real" avatar.

That said, I could bang up a half-dozen or so of generic ready-to-go avatars if that was desired, and people who need an avatar for QQ could use one of those.

I offer my avatar as a suitable standard. Just change the colors plz k thx :p

Fairy Batman is amazing and needs to be a canon alt-Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back