• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Rise of the White Fang [Kakashi/DxD]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Fuck it, this is happening.

First things first? I apologize for all of my other quests...
Prologue

Sophos

Luck of The Devil
Fuck it, this is happening.

First things first? I apologize for all of my other quests. Consider them dead. My motivation, as a whole, took a big hit when I had a bout of depression, and I can't seem to regain any enthusiasm for them. This quest, however? I swear to any and all gods that may or may not exist (And if they don't, then i swear on the unfathomable void that awaits the universe) that Quest shall not die. It might take me awhile to update, sometimes, but it won't die.

Second of all, I haven't actually read the LN's, just watched the Anime and read a lot of fanfics. I know the setting and quite a few characters, but quite honestly, not many fanfics get past the Three Factions Summit Arc. This quest starts in bit more than a year before canon, so I'm going to use the time from here to there to read up.

Lastly, updates'll come when they come but I'll try for at least once a week, if not every three days or so, but I usually can't keep that kind of pace up for long.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

You are Hatake Kakashi, 15 years old. Throughout your life you've been called many things. Prodigy. Genius. Cold. Intimidating. Unsocial. Lazy. Pervert.

In all honesty, you don't give you a shit. You'd always had a hard time caring, finding others your age insufferable, and even the same with quite a few adults. The only person you really respected was your father. Who was now about 9 years dead. Yeah, if you had to choose a moment where everything had changed, that was probably it. And you didn't just mean the general uncaring attitude you now sported, either. After your dad died, you started...noticing things. Weird things.

The humanoid shapes flying over head at night, some with wings like a bird, others with wings like a demonic bat. The odd little creature here and there, that sometimes roamed the night, playing mischievous tricks. Some people seemed to give off an odd aura that others didn't seem to notice. Others who walked in odd flowing robes, covered in strange symbols, unnoticed by those around them.

Of course, none of that was so prominent or obvious to you as your newfound ability. The one you had awoken that day.
Bah, that didn't really matter. What mattered was the fact you had been accepted into your new school, one that you had chosen to try and get into for it's high standards. Maybe people there wouldn't be so idiotic. They had to have passed the tests too, right?

Well, you thought, opening up your new volume of Icha Icha as you walked along, At least Kuoh Academy will probably have some decent eye candy.

Choose Race:
[] Human (Emrys)
[] Half-Fallen (Sahariel)
[] Hanyou (Inugami)
[] God Blooded (Descendant of a God (Kuebiko))

Choose a Sacred Gear:
[] Lightning Cutter
[] White Fang
[] Burning Will

Allocate Stats (8 Points to allocate) :
Strength: O
Dexterity: O
Intelligence: OOOO*
Charisma:O
Stamina: O

*3 Points allocated to Int Automatically.

Min 1, Max 5. 1 = Below Average, 2 = Average, 3 = Decent, 4 = Prodigious, 5 = Master/Legend.
If it's not clear, you'd normally get 11 Points, but 3 are dedicated to Int, so you have 8 left.

Choose 4 Skills:
[] Martial Arts
[] Magic
[] Lore
[] Swordsmanshp
[] Archery
[] Thrown
[] Daggers
[] Stealth
[] Sleight of Hand
[] Investigation
[] Perception
[] Medicine

Last edited:
Character Sheet

• Name: Hatake Kakashi
    Race: God-Blooded (Kuebiko

kakashi__young__by_fabian_94-d5gqhgo.png

Strength: OO
    Dexterity: OOOO
    Intelligence: OOOOO+O
    Stamina: OOOO

Health: 20/20
    Magic: 800/800
    Destiny Points: 1

Traits:
    Kuebiko God-Blooded: +O Int, Minor Dark Resist, Novice Lore Skill, Plant Affinity.
    Plant Affinity: Minor Control over living plant and forest life. Wood Magic costs 50% less and is 2x as effective.
    Dark Resist (Minor): Shadow, Dark, Necromantic, Demonic and Unholy Attacks are 10% Less Effective against you.​
    Genius: You're pretty damn sharp, if you say so yourself. Learn All Skills 10% Easier.
    Lightning Affinity (Minor): Lightning Magic Costs 25% Less and is 1.5x as effective.
    White Fang: You have the Sacred Gear, White Fang

• Percepton:***** *** (8)
    Martial Arts: ***** **** (9)
    Magic: ***** (5)
    Swordsmanship: ***** ** (7)
    Lore:*** (3)

Math: ***** ** (7)
    Science: ***** ** (7)
    Writing: ***** ** (7)
    English: ***** ** (7)
    History: ***** ** (7)

• Money: 20,000 Yen

Spellbook

White Fang
    The Blade That Eclipses The Sun
    A small, immaterial blade, formed by drawing light from surrounding areas. As in, all light, leaving something of a shadowy void from where that light came from. The Darkness is magical in nature and only the user of White Fang can see through it. Anyone else inside of the shadowy void or outside of it, can only see the blade of light. The Light Blade made from White Fang has the same properties as the Light Weapons used by Angels and Fallen, and is extra effective against Devils and Unholy Creatures. In the same vein, however, if the user is skilled enough, they can take the Light Spells or Weapons made by even Angels and Fallen and use it to empower their own blade.

Kuoh Academy Uniform

• Mana: 800/800

Light: 5
    • Arrow of Light - A basic spell, you create a singular arrow shaped mass of light energy that blasts the target.
    • Reflect - A basic shielding spell, used to teach one to use the more conceptual facets of an element. Will reflect attacks, up to a certain point, back at the attacker.
    • Wayfinder (Basically a flashlight) - An orb of light, designed to replace a torch.
    • Cleave - A slashing spell of light, it's bet used up close or mid-range.
    • Pulse - Coating one's fist with light magic, and releasing it when you strike caused a burst of up close light magic.
    Shadow: 5
    • Shadow Lance - a lance of shadow formed from the ground.
    • Binding Shadow - Stepping on another's shadow, you can restrict their movement.
    • Shadow Walk - a short range teleport spell that lets one walk through a shadow and come out of another.
    • Murder of Crows - The caster forms several crows from his shadow which attack the enemy.
    • Night's Eye - Gives the user night vision.
    Illusion: 5
    • Hypnotize - A basic illusory spell, used to hypnotize someone and wipe their memory. Cannot cause someone to do something they normally wouldn't.
    • Visual Illusion (Medium) - Can create a visual illusion up to a maximum of an area of 15x15x15.
    • Auditory Illusion
    • Olfactory Illusion
    • Notice-Me-Not - Causes normal, mundane people, and those with weak wills to not pay attention.
    Lightning: 5
    • Shock - A touch based spell, that deals electrical damage to an enemy. Prolonged exposure to use of this spell or multiple hits can cause temporary paralysis or even death.
    • Bolt - The caster creates a singular bolt of lightning that leaps from their hand.
    • Enhance Current - This spell speeds up the casters nervous system, enhancing reaction times and giving a small speed boost.
    • Storm Strike - a more powerful version of Bolt, that draws down a bolt of lightning from the sky.
    • Electro-Ball - Creating a small orb of electrical energy, the caster send it at the enemy.
    Wood: 5
    • Growth - Plants and fauna grow in the specified area, under the control of the caster.
    • Lashing Vines - The caster creates durable vines from magic strike out at the target.
    • Barkskin - The caster's skin hardens and turns bark like, improving defense and durability.
    • Tyrant Thorn - The caster creates a barrage of thorn like bullets that shoot off at the target.
    • Petal Dance - The caster creates an amount of petals which are sharp as razors. They can float around the user or be used as a ranged attack.

Last edited:
Misc. (I.e, Info/Journal Section)
Plot: The Murder of Sakumo Hatake - Find out who killed your father. (Progress 0/100)

Plot: Red Dragon Emperor - Figure out what the odd vibe Hyoudou Issei gives off is. (Progress 0/100)

Plot: Magic and Sorcery at Kuoh Academy - Someone or Something knows magic at your new school. Find out who or what. (Progress 0/100)

I'll be listing people and creatures you meet here, as well as small bits of lore. Oh yeah, and I'll be playing with powerlevels a bit, because I know some enemies in canon are kind of pathetic.

Mechanics: We'll be working on D100s. The majority of rolls will be based on Stats. For ever point in a stat beyond 1, you get +5 to a relevant roll.

Skills are much the same, except they're based on a scale of 1-15 and get a +5 for every 3 points in that skill, on top of a relevant Stat Bonus.

In Stats, if you go over the 5 point limit, then the 6th point does not give you another +5. Instead it gives a reroll in case of a failure.

As an example, you come across a skill check for Int, so you'd Roll 1d100+20. If it fails, then you'd be able to reroll because have 6O in Int.

For a skill roll, the same applies, but also add your Skill Modifier. So, for a Magic Roll, which is Int based, you'd roll 1d100+25, reroll 1 failure.

Last edited:
[X] God Blooded (Descendant of a God (Kuebiko)
[X] Lightning Cutter

Intelligence: OOOO*O

[X] Martial Arts
[X] Magic
[X] Perception
[X] Swordsmanshp

Last edited:
[X] Human
[X] White Fang
[X] even spread on stats.
[X] Martial Arts
[X] Magic
[X] Swordsmanshp
[X] Perception

Choose Race:
[X] God Blooded (Descendant of a God (Kuebiko))

Choose a Sacred Gear:
[X] White Fang

Strength: OOO
Dexterity: OOOOO
Intelligence: OOOO*
Stamina: OOO
Min 1, Max 5. 1 = Below Average, 2 = Average, 3 = Decent, 4 = Prodigious, 5 = Master/Legend.
If it's not clear, you'd normally get 11 Points, but 3 are dedicated to Int, so you have 8 left.
Choose 4 Skills:
[X] Martial Arts
[X] Swordsmanshp
[X] Stealth
[X] Perception

What perks do the different races give? All I know about Kuebiko is that he's some kind of knowledge god who's also a scarecrow.

Last edited:
Choose Race:
[X] Half-Fallen

I can't help but think there'd be some pretty epic backstory with Sakumo if that's the case.

Choose Sacred Gear:
[X] Lightning Cutter

Seemed to fit the Half-Fallen theme pretty well.

Allocate Stats -
Dexterity: OOOOO
Intelligence: OOOOO*
Charisma: O

Generally that seems to fit the sort of "Fragile Speedster" archetype Kakashi has going for him in general (especially in early Naruto), if these are WoD style stats - especially if we take Raikiri, which would presumably not scale off strength, considering its main schtick is the piercing power it has.
Choose 4 Skills:
[X] Martial Arts
[X] Stealth
[X] Investigation
[X] Perception

We don't really need swordsmanship if we're using a lightning fist as our weapon of choice, but we still want at least one combat skill. Stealth fits a guy who's not particularly sociable, like Kakashi, Perception is just generally awesome, and so's Investigation.

[X] White Fang

[X] Martial Arts
[X] Magic
[X] Perception
[X] Swordsmanshp

[X] White Fang
[X] Martial Arts
[X] Magic
[X] Perception
[X] Swordsmanshp

[X] Human

[X] Burning Will

Dexterity: OO
Intelligence: OOOOO
Charisma:OOOOO
Stamina: OO

[X] Magic
[X] Lore
[X] Perception
[X] Investigation

Kakashi, the intellectual charmer. A human who is just so smart and charismatic he could walk into an enemy compound and come out with all their secrets and half of them with broken hearts from him leaving. Really it's setup for that, perception, magic, lore, and investigation all go really well with the high int and cha stats setting him up for the human that could charm or trick anyone. That and magic should scale off either int or cha in large part for when combat or a bit of supernatural aid is needed.

[X] White Fang

Dexterity: OO
Intelligence: OOOOO
Charisma:OOOOO
Stamina: OO

[X] Magic
[X] Lore
[X] Perception
[X] Investigation

Last edited:
So, question on mechanics for you guys.

Would you rather go for using most d100s, or having to get a certain amount of successes on Xd10?

Using d100s are generally easier and less complex for you to manage as the probabilities are very simple, Xd10 with successes are much more complex from a probability standpoint but can be interesting as well. They scale better to very high values as well, personally I vote for d100s though, the simplicity trumps I believe as the basic model of 1d100+X with a result depending on that is very easy to understand and explain, Xd10 with at least Y rolls over N is much more confusing and you're more likely to do something too hard or too easy without some number crunching.

So yeah, d100s for my vote. I wouldn't mind too much though.

Choose Race:
[X] Hanyou (Inugami)

Choose a Sacred Gear:
[X] White Fang

Intelligence: OOOO
Charisma: OOO

Choose 4 Skills:
[X] Martial Arts
[X] Magic
[X] Stealth
[X] Perception

Last edited:
Added who exactly you're descended from for Human and fallen angel, too, since they were there for Hanyo and God-blooded.

You didn't think Human was going to be normal did you?

Yeah I can recognise that name, although interestingly apparently in DxD uses the other common name for Merlin with Merlin Ambrosius as opposed to the Welsh name of Myrddin Emrys. Just a minor note that shouldn't matter but technically could if they were trying to pull one over us.

I'm sticking to my lazy human plan though, all that strength, dexterity and stamina is much more exercise and effort so unneeded. The prodigy of the mind and the tongue perfectly meshes with with the magic and the heritage of humanity, a human that could challenge even the devils themselves with their silver tongue and masterful wit given some experience. For any who can navigate the careful social traps and manipulation to actually challenge them can discover that they can hold their own perfectly fine with some fearsome magics beyond the scope of near any human ever known. We would be the beguiler and the manipulator, the diplomat and the wizard, the scholar and the leader, we would be the best. That and having max cha and int would be hella useful given demon summoning thing that's going on, much easier if we can charm everyone as combat is much more effort for much less reward in nearly every case.

Anyone else feel like explaining why they chose the way they did? I'm interested.

Winning Votes:

[X]God-Blooded (Kuebiko)
[X] White Fang
[X]Stats:
-[X]Strength: OO
-[X]Dexterity: OOOO
-[X]Intelligence: OOOO*O
-[X]Charisma:O
-[X]Stamina: OOOO

[X] Percepton
[X] Martial Arts
[X] Magic
[X] Swordsmanship

So, details: White Fang is a small, immaterial blade, formed by drawing light from surrounding areas. As in, all light, leaving something of a shadowy void from where that light came from. The Darkness is magical in nature and only the user of White Fang can see through it. Anyone else inside of the shadowy void or outside of it, can only see the blade of light. The Light Blade made from White Fang has the same properties as the Light Weapons used by Angels and Fallen, and is extra effective against Devils and Unholy Creatures. In the same vein, however, if the user is skilled enough, they can take the Light Spells or Weapons made by even Angels and Fallen and use it to empower their own blade.

God-Blooded of Kuebiko: You are a descendant of the minor kami, Kuebiko, a god of Wisdom, Knowledge and Agriculture. The divine blood in your veins, while not the equal of a Demi-god, does give you a minor resistance to dark and shadow based attacks. From kuebiko himself, you gain another +O to Int, minor skill with Lore and and affinity to Plants. The +O, being supernatural in nature, breaks the normals limits of a human giving you Int: 6.

As for skills, will someone please roll me 4d50, no modifiers?

After that, you have two new options to vote on, presented to me by Mishie.

Why did you join Kuoh Academy:
[] The Girls!
[] The Education
[] The Hopefully Smarter People
[] Other (write-in)

How did the murder of your father affect you?
[] I became cold, and distant.
[] You were filled with anger.
[] Sad, but you bounced back, if a bit..off
[] Write In

[X] The Hopefully Smarter People
[X] I became cold, and distant.
[X] Illusion
[X] Lightning
[X] Summoning
[X] Metal
[X] Curse

Last edited:
[X] Sad, but you bounced back, if a bit..off

Disappointing that there isn't a int/cha Kakashi, oh well. Kakashi that has no social skills works I suppose.

[X] Lightning
[X] Light
[X] Shadow
[X] Wood
[X] Illusion

Last edited:
[X] Rune Magic
[X] Barrier
[X] Shadow
[X] Healing
[X] Light

Last edited:
Right, fuck, something I forgot:
Magic: Pick 5 Magic types with which you have proficiency.
[] Barrier
[] Fire
[] Lightning
[] Light
[] Shadow
[] Curse
[] Healing
[] Summoning
[] Rune Magic
[] Ice
[] Water
[] Earth
[] Wood
[] Metal
[] Wind
[] Illusion

[X] I became cold, and distant.
[X] Light
[X] Shadow
[X] Fire
[X] Lightning
[X] Water

Magic: Pick 5 Magic types with which you have proficiency.
[X] Fire
[X] Healing
[X] Rune Magic
[x] Earth
[X] Wood

We already have a Plant Affinity in our character sheet so I choose wood and earth that synergies with our plants. Choose healing so we will always be able to heal ourselves. Fire, I just choose fire because I remember that huge fireball madara used and I want kakashi to try that. Rune magic so we can seal beings if we skilled enough.

I'm trying to stick with the fact that we're a Kakashi expy, hence my lightning, shadow and illusion choice. The rest I don't care about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back