• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Soliciting style requests

Blackened High Contrast is almost perfect. ALMOST.
If the contrasting colors of different UI elements were set in the same pattern as the SB default theme it would be perfect. As-is, the way it's implemented is distracting and forcing me to look twice at specific elements to make sure I saw what I saw.

Please bring back blackened high contrast orange it was my default option for as long as I can remember because it was easy on my fucked up eyes.
Came here just to say the exact same thing. Black and Orange went really well together.
Yeah I love the Blackened High Contrast but the blue isn't pleasant. A lot of us really loved the orange and I hope they bring it back soon.
I'd be fine if all the current theme colors were high-contrast.

Green is my priority, and I'd like it to look more like the older Blackened Green theme (with a serif font for post body text but default san-serif for buttons etc.).
For those inclined to make use of custom userstyles (user-defined CSS to override a site's styles) while waiting for more changes on QQ's side, I have what I think is a fairly complete version over here. It's designed to be used with the Stylus extension, where you can enable or disable any of the specific userstyles with a simple click. Two of them are specifically designed to toggle serif fonts and high contrast (vs basic contrast) dark backgrounds. And a third one is designed to provide the accent color you want to use. The one I put up for demo is orange, since a lot of people seem to want that.

Basically, choose a basic style (I choose Blackened for the layout and red-colored badges), and then enable the userstyles: Final Settings, Basic Background, and Orange Accent. Optionally enable High Contrast and Serif Fonts. I believe this will be close to what people are looking for.

Note: I didn't use the old orange theme, so the colors chosen may not be an exact match for what people expect, but it's very easy to tweak. And of course you can change it to whatever accent color you want. There are only four color values to set, and they then get applied by the Final Settings userstyle. You don't have to know where everything needs to go, or what to modify on the page.

Please just fix dark mode so that it's actually possible to read on it. can't use light mode due to eye sensitivity, so I would apreciate being able to read on this site again. the blackened styles give me aheadache.

just make the background of dark mode darker or the same color of old qq and change the color of the font so that it isin't invisible to my eyes. Please.

Please just fix dark mode so that it's actually possible to read on it. can't use light mode due to eye sensitivity, so I would apreciate being able to read on this site again. the blackened styles give me aheadache.

just make the background of dark mode darker or the same color of old qq and change the color of the font so that it isin't invisible to my eyes. Please.

Have you tried the new "Blackened High Contrast" version yet?

Have you tried the new "Blackened High Contrast" version yet?

I have, the font is too high contrast to the point I have to lower the brightness of my phone considerably to read, and that also makes it a headache to read. I found the previous contrast of old QQ was perfect for my eyes, blackened high contrast is too much, even on laptop, and on phone is much worse.

I have, the font is too high contrast to the point I have to lower the brightness of my phone considerably to read, and that also makes it a headache to read. I found the previous contrast of old QQ was perfect for my eyes, blackened high contrast is too much, even on laptop, and on phone is much worse.
Have you tried regular non-high contrast Blackened then?

I'm using a browser addon called "Dark Reader" which seems to support some phones, and it has brightness & contrast sliders which let me set the site to a range which is comfortable for myself.

It's very convenient for Firefox, hopefully it supports your browser too?

I'm using a browser addon called "Dark Reader" which seems to support some phones, and it has brightness & contrast sliders which let me set the site to a range which is comfortable for myself.

It's very convenient for Firefox, hopefully it supports your browser too?

Honestly, it would probably be easier to get used to the Blackened green, which I am currently using, than get used to Firefox.

My main issue is that the text blends too much to the background, and the worst part is that the UI, like threadmarks and such are basically invisible and completely blend with things like likes and such.

Is there anyway to undo the whole forumn settup to make it look like the old version. I honestly completely hate the new layout on mobile, it's just a shitty reskin of Sufficientvelocity and spacebattles now.

I'm considering completely dropping QQ because of the layout change.

Is there anyway to undo the whole forumn settup to make it look like the old version. I honestly completely hate the new layout on mobile, it's just a shitty reskin of Sufficientvelocity and spacebattles now.

I'm considering completely dropping QQ because of the layout change.
No, those styles are gone forever. They're not 'secretly hiding somewhere', this isn't a special overlay or something that can be turned off. This is an entirely new edition of the forums- Super Mario 64 compared to Super Mario 3. You can't just toggle a button in options to make it 2D.

Which is why so many of us are lurking here being annoyed that there was rather quick implementation of some of the colored styles but we're still waiting on ORANGE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back