• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

South's Bag of Snips [Various, probably-mainly Worm Ideas]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

A/N: Hey-o! I decided that I'd use this thread to post various one-offs rather than get people's...
IMPERIVM [Extreme Worm AU Concept]
So, I had an idea. There's an infinite number of Earths, and the further from Earth Bet you go, the less Parahumans, until there's only one or two per Earth. Or... something like that. I dunno, I read a WOG or something that said that, or maybe it was in actual canon? I dunno, if it's fanon or something, please tell me.

Anyways, this takes place on Earth Prime (aka Earth Bet), who, after Professor Haywire fucked reality, broke a hole open to an alternate Earth; this Earth is called Terra, or Earth Two. The people of Terra have been living under a one world government, controlled by one Parahuman. The problem? This Parahuman is a Tinker. More specifically, a military tinker. If it helps 'militarize' or 'weaponize' people, vehicles, etc., then not only can he build it, but he can expand upon such designs.

But the more troubling thing is that this Earth's divergence point is much larger than Earth Prime; dating back to the Roman Empire, to be precise. The Tinker in question has weaponized his own body, and in doing so, achieved biological immortality. He's been alive for a fairly long time. Scion arrived in 45 B.C. relative to Earth Two's timeline because of multiverse-shenanigans.

Earth Two has been ruled by the Roman Empire, under Julius Caesar's iron fist, for several years or more. Because Tinkertech is bullshit, and other various shenanigans, the Roman Empire has a world-wide army of Tinkertech armed and biotinkered soldiers, weaponized and completely loyal to Caesar and his orders. There is no Senate, for Caesar is the Senate. It's gotten to the point where, using other Parahumans in his reality, mostly Tinkers are preferred, that the Roman Empire - with no Endbringers getting in their way - have become... fairly advanced. In fact, impossibly advanced for the time period they are in relative to Earth Prime. Of course, space whale bullshit means this doesn't matter.

After Haywire opened this hole in reality, the Romans tore it open into a full blown portal. After laying siege to the town/city/whatever around the portal and securing it, the Romans began to pour in. They needed more supplies, and wanted to conquer more land. After Caesar heard of this, the Emperor of Rome knew that there was more than one Earth. He would rule them all. Starting by conquering Earth Prime.

Skip to the present day, and well, here you go. The Roman Empire, otherwise known as the Terran Imperium, has been invading since Haywire basically invited them in. Luckily, Prime has no Endbringers, because Eidolon died early on in the fighting after attempting to disrupt Roman control over the portal. The Imperium has conquered most of North America on Earth Prime so far, and reports of other portals managing to be opened on other parts of Prime are unconfirmed.

So yeah, that's the concept. I'm not sure if I want to write a snip or a story with this. If anyone here is interested in writing it, message me and I'll help you by beta-ing it or something. Or by suggesting ideas/telling you more about the concept.

Oh yeah, and Scion's taking a nap because he decided to just let the Shards do their own thing since the Cycle got cucked, instead of going batshit and/or going around being a hero. Cauldron existed incase he woke up, this time around, and to prepare for such an event...despite not knowing if he was still alive or not, because Contessa couldn't Path it.

Back