1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lair of Godzilla [Godzilla/Everyday Life with Monster Girls] Multicross Fusion

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by ScriptGenius12, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ScriptGenius12

ScriptGenius12 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Did some more editing for this chapter and past entries in the continuity.

For Cacophony, I emphasized slightly that Bunagi had a special connection to Elephants. The implication was that the poacher's going after elephants in particular was what made him react so violently to them. More on that will be revealed later, but it probably won't be in this storyline. Likely far later.

In general I tried to make the info dump on B's nature a bit less awkward to read, and fixed a few more spelling errors.

For TMF, I added some more ambiguity and history to the nature of Infant Island's human population, showing that there is some bias on the side of the in-universe narrator. I also added some a little more info on Hotuan culture and edited some lore on I Islands's wildlife. Godzilla: The Monarch Files [Kaiju Multicross Fusion] [COMPLETED] (Sequel is out)

ATP likes this.
  2. ScriptGenius12

I've been going over previous chapters and researching history while preparing to write the new installment. As I was looking over my notes, I considered how I portrayed the world in worldbuilding versus what was shown in the chapters, specifically MvM and Induction.

I have thought of it for awhile, but I struggled over how I could reconcile the prosperous looking modern day setting of Monster Musume with the post-Godzilla world. Since I got to post-1995, I've envisioned Japan as basically being a Mini-Catachan where every civilian has some degree of survival training, and where coastal cities are heavily reinforced by sentry guns and turret lines. Soldiers on patrol are a thing of daily life, yet it does not appear that way looking back to the reaction to the attack.

I feel I screwed up the worldbuilding in early chapters of TLOG with the depiction of the battle against Giger. With the tone it felt like this is a world where the kaiju have only recently begun to show up, not a world with over half a century of experience with giant monsters. Canon should have been changed far more by the timeline then it already has. I really feel I screwed up.

I'm thinking of rewriting the second and third chapters instead of just fixing spelling errors, of having a swarm of giant sea lice instead of just one. MON would ideally be introduced right in the middle of the action instead of at their apartment right before the battle.

Yet at the same time, could I still work with what I have? Come up with an explanation for why Asaka was seemingly untouched by the kaiju war until Giger attacked, perhaps because it's not right next to the ocean? Some other reason?

ATP likes this.
  3. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Change nothing.Once you start rewriting,you would never progress.I saw few good stories which ended that way.
    And i like your story,so please continue without changes.

ScriptGenius12 likes this.
  4. ScriptGenius12

Okay. I might be able to explain more about the city and why it doesn’t appear to be as impacted as the lore indicates it should in the next chapter. First I deal with spelling errors and fix some dialogue.

ATP likes this.
  5. Extras: Regeneration
    ScriptGenius12

I'm doing some major changes.

First, this story is now more of a successor to The Monarch Files instead of a true sequel. TMF is more of a prototype for this series now, the skeleton of what will make up the rest of Lair and any potential following storylines. I'll use a lot of the same characters and concepts, but a lot of things will be changed. I have also edited much of the in-universe timeline, but the characters I've written so far will remain alongside the main plot in general.

Second is that I'm going to be revising multiple chapters because I feel I could have done better. Some chapters will only have some names, dates, and timeline events changed along with some spelling and grammar check to make it neater. Other chapters, like MON vs Monster, will be more significantly changed to better fit in with the lore and world I'm developing.

Another part of the reason that I'm doing this is that I feel that by explicitly describing some future events in TMF before they occurred, i.e. Godzilla fighting Destoroyah in 2014, Godzilla vs C'Thura, etc, I have limited some extra detail I could have put into them, or that I've limited the ability to add tension by making it clear to the reader who will live or die during or post-2014, so suspense over certain characters being still alive can be ruined if we know what will happen to them ahead of time. By detaching Lair from TMF, I also have freedom to do more regarding what happens exactly after the expedition, whereas TMF has Destoroyah's attack follow right after in August, which limits the exact amount of time the characters can be on the expedition and what could happen after it before the next big crisis. By making this a successor instead of a full sequel, I feel I can mitigate some of these issues.

I will also be cleaning up extraneous timeline events that did not have much impact or influence on the world. However, most of what happened pre-2014 in the TMF timeline still happened here. In-between writing new chapters once I finish editing, I will also be working more on the lore and revised timeline in preparation for the future events.

ATP likes this.