• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The power system of "Saint Seiya" is very compatible with the power system of the "Wuxia" genre.

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

So we have saint seiya cosmos, which is based (as I understand it on strengthening the body and...

yugo

I trust you know where the happy button is?
So we have saint seiya cosmos, which is based (as I understand it on strengthening the body and understanding the cosmos...) some kind of enlightenment where the universe basically empowers the knight by increasing his power but without the knight. absorbing the cosmos which in the case of wuxia/xianxia is qi/spiritual energy/others, they do so permanently.
Although in the series he is very biased towards pulling miracles out of his ass to win)
then we have the wuxia genre which is also strengthening the body, with a lot of emphasis on understanding the universe and the stronger the main character becomes he begins to transform from a wuxia genre to a xianxia on the entire scale of power, of course there are more that differentiate one genre from another, but I think the key points are that way, the other point is that in the wuxia/xianxia genres the cultivator basically eats the energy of the universe to empower himself.
This is what came to mind.
1: The way the zodiac knights gain power would be accepted by the dao/heaven itself since they do not eat their essence as cultivators or go against the natural order.
2: By limiting the power ceiling of a saint seiya/wuxia,xianxia fanfic, we could easily put an SI/OC with the ability or taking the example of the saint seiya series about the cosmos and using the understanding of the universe and the strengthening of the body to create a great story...although I would have liked to add the armor, I wouldn't know how to fit it into a crossover between genres...
Although the SI/OC mc is also a blacksmith...?

agree on this , but didnt cosmos can be generate from the user themselves by creating mini big bang inside their body,not absorb it from the surrounding since everyone already has it.
Definitely, in fact, the cosmos is literally the universe that helps the knights, who do not take over the cosmos, they only manipulate it, while the cultivators use the Qi they stole, the difference is complete.

Hey! A Saint Seiya discussion! In this site!? I am in luck! :)

The kind of bullshit that the esoteric Cosmos could build up to is the stuff of dreams--or nightmares, considering it is essentially enlightenment based on handling it, harnessing it, and knowing it at a very deep level, to the point of performing impossible acts by focusing its usage by strength of will and body.

What makes things better? Cosmos is inherent to humanity--the power of miracle, potentially even greater than that of higher beings like Titans and Primordials, or dangerous creatures like mythological monsters--and that which allowed humans to 'ascend' into godhood for different pantheons.

And kick the shit of them all while at it.

Even if the talent to harness it successfully shows in a very small percentage of the population, nothing stops a random nobody from using it ... should they find information about it, and have the commitment to seek it to the end.

Cultivators? They are ticks compared to the Saints, who earn their power via training from hell and discipline that makes the most austere of monks blush.

Headcanon: Knights/Saints have Star Charts and Constellations for their version of Meridians and Core.
It is a fun truth from canon, they also direct their 'katas' into tracing the stars making up the constellation they're bound to.

Well, at least their acupuncture points do. :)

Golden Saint feats are beyond wuxia bullshit, seriously moving through dimensions and control dead souls are some of the insane stuff that one can find in the highest cultivators and then is the gigachad moves where the armors hold back their power.

Saint Seiya also have a lot of honor, not the BS of face but true honor.

I will be frank.
I hold Hypermyth to be canon.
It is also an incredibly useful canon, if you write either an reincarnate OC or SI who somehow manages to reach the end of the board and ascends into godhood via sheer illumination.

Golden Saint feats are beyond wuxia bullshit, seriously moving through dimensions and control dead souls are some of the insane stuff that one can find in the highest cultivators and then is the gigachad moves where the armors hold back their power.

Saint Seiya also have a lot of honor, not the BS of face but true honor.
I find it a pity that there are no crossovers featuring the Gold Saints who can move through dimensions.

The closest one I know of is deader than disco, and it featured Deathmask as The Shield Hero. The characterization chosen by the author--who is Italian? The Italian-dub version of ham, translated to English.

It is a hilarious one, too!

As for honor? Probably the Greek take on it, 'cause ... you know, Athena. 'Cause Deathmask didn't give a flying fuck about that! :V

I find it a pity that there are no crossovers featuring the Gold Saints who can move through dimensions.

The closest one I know of is deader than disco, and it featured Deathmask as The Shield Hero. The characterization chosen by the author--who is Italian? The Italian-dub version of ham, translated to English.

As for honor? Probably the Greek take on it, 'cause ... you know, Athena. 'Cause Deathmask didn't give a flying fuck about that! :V
There are moments of honor, but all my friends call the original series 'The Gang of the Zodiac' because it was damn hilarious and over the top on many occasions like when Saiya pulled all the weapons of his friends against Ikki and somehow stole Diamond Dust technique.

The many vs Fillermocles, the filler when they cleaned their asses with honor and killed that guy when distracted, etc. Man I love the series, there is so much stuff to love. Everyone beating the shit out Hypnos is one of my favorite moments.

There are moments of honor, but all my friends call the original series 'The Gang of the Zodiac' because it was damn hilarious and over the top on many occasions like when Saiya pulled all the weapons of his friends against Ikki and somehow stole Diamond Dust technique.

The many vs Fillermocles, the filler when they cleaned their asses with honor and killed that guy when distracted, etc. Man I love the series, there is so much stuff to love. Everyone beating the shit out Hypnos is one of my favorite moments.
As a manga reader, I must say that mine was when Seiya and Shun pulled some peak comedic shit in Hades, to the point where they somehow managed to get one of the Shades killed by another of their number.

You are all talking as if those were two different things... it is obvious that Saint Seiya takes place in the cultivation universe, for example in ATG the protagonist, after a fight, escapes to a planet where the cultivators who lived there called the meridians. "crest" and the energy "ki" and the cultivators were "Crestars".
That is why their gods are so long-lived and "limited", they are not gods! They are fucking cultivators who cannot advance beyond a certain level (whatever that level is where they can manipulate the element they represent) and they have to use forged artifacts with ultra-rare cultivation materials (armor) and the only way to repair them is with blood donated of their own free will, which is why the protagonists are functionally useless against the gods if they do not have an artifact that elevates their cultivation to that realm, with years of training they advance on their path of damage, overcoming stronger enemies that they previously could not dream of defeating (see Seiya against the golden knight of Cancer).

You are all talking as if those were two different things... it is obvious that Saint Seiya takes place in the cultivation universe, for example in ATG the protagonist, after a fight, escapes to a planet where the cultivators who lived there called the meridians. "crest" and the energy "ki" and the cultivators were "Crestars".
That is why their gods are so long-lived and "limited", they are not gods! They are fucking cultivators who cannot advance beyond a certain level (whatever that level is where they can manipulate the element they represent) and they have to use forged artifacts with ultra-rare cultivation materials (armor) and the only way to repair them is with blood donated of their own free will, which is why the protagonists are functionally useless against the gods if they do not have an artifact that elevates their cultivation to that realm, with years of training they advance on their path of damage, overcoming stronger enemies that they previously could not dream of defeating (see Seiya against the golden knight of Cancer).
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, they do have very strong similarities between them.

I am also thinking about how the 'gods' made their cloths, unlike the primordials who apparently had them from the word go. ... Or something like that, the 'fandom' sites that replaced the actually useful sources of information are a mess.

A thread to speak about Saint Seiya and nobody called me?

You are all cunts...

Now, unto important matters

Though the Gold Saints might be able to travel to other dimensions, that doesn't mean they are able to travel to other universes, parallel or alternate.

Only some of the gods (Like Kronos) can do that.

For example. Virgo Shaka can banish people to either the underworld or one of the afterlifes (I believe 7 exist in universe) and he can travel to these places too, but neither he or any of the other Saints were able to travel to another universe until Athena in Next Dimensión pleaded Kronos for help and he sent them all to a parallel world in the past.

Deathmask cáncer can banish people to Yomutsu which is like the antechamber to the underworld and he can go there too. But only there.

Geminis Saga, however, is the only one among the Gold Saints who can send people to other universes. His attack Another Dimensión, banish people from reality and hurls them across the dimensional gap between the worlds.

But as it's an attack, those who fall víctim to it are considered Lost among the dimensions forever, unable to return as no one knows where those banished by saga might end up

As for honor, it is not honor what the series is about; but courage, friendship and sacrifice. Though Athena tries to restrain her Saints from doing evil deeds by having them follow a strict code of honor, the Saints are not above breaking it's tenets when the fate of the world is on the line.

Some Saints like Deathmask or Piscis aphrodite outright ignore Athena's tenets, yet ultimately are considered Saints, because as the goddess of warfare, Athena clearly knows the need of having dishonorable people among your ranks willing to do dirty deeds when the need arises.

Also, if Saint Seiya were some type of Cultivation it Will have to be Spiritual Cultivation, because Cosmo doesn't strengthen the body. Saints might use it to shield themselves or increase the potency of their attacks, but without it they would die as easily as any other human. Hence the need to wear armor.

It is especifically stated that although Saints might reach levels of power capable of rivaling the gods themselves, underneath their armors they are still painfully human and subjected to the same limitations and weaknesses as the rest of humanity.

Last edited:
A thread to speak about Saint Seiya and nobody called me?

You are all cunts...

Now, unto important matters

Though the Gold Saints might be able to travel to other dimensions, that doesn't mean they are able to travel to other universes, parallel or alternate.

Only some of the gods (Like Kronos) can do that.

For example. Virgo Shaka can banish people to either the underworld or one of the afterlifes (I believe 7 exist in universe) and he can travel to these places too, but neither he or any of the other Saints were able to travel to another universe until Athena in Next Dimensión pleaded Kronos for help and he sent them all to a parallel world in the past.

Deathmask cáncer can banish people to Yomutsu which is like the antechamber to the underworld and he can go there too. But only there.

Geminis Saga, however, is the only one among the Gold Saints who can send people to other universes. His attack Another Dimensión, banish people from reality and hurls them across the dimensional gap between the worlds.

But as it's an attack, those who fall víctim to it are considered Lost among the dimensions forever, unable to return as no one knows where those banished by saga might end up

As for honor, it is not honor what the series is about; but courage, friendship and sacrifice. Though Athena tries to restrain her Saints from doing evil deeds by having them follow a strict code of honor, the Saints are not above breaking it's tenets when the fate of the world is on the mine.

Some Saints like Deathmask or Piscis aphrodite outright ignore Athena's tenets, yet ultimately are considered Saints, because as the goddess of warfare, Athena clearly knows the need of having dishonorable people among your ranks willing to do dirty deeds when the need arises.

Also, if Saint Seiya where some type of Cultivation it Will have to be Spiritual Cultivation, because Cosmo doesn't strengthen the body. Saints might use it to shield themselves or increase the potency of their attacks, but without it they would die as easily as any other human. Hence the need to wear armor.

It is especifically stated that although Saints might reach levels of power capable of rivaling the gods themselves, underneath their armors they are still painfully human and subjected to the same limitations and weaknesses as the rest of humanity.
Why am I picturing Saga's attack sending his victims to ... a random multiversal Detroit? McDonald's? Where else would be funny to send someone?

Honestly it would be easier to have a Saint Seiya character as an...possible threat.
Like.
A person is awakening that power and the soul trying to come in is Death Mask Cancer or smth. God knows that they would rank as top threat if the power unleashed was considerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back