• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Bloodshifter said:
Since they stopped trying to find the REAL experimental Mokuton user due to us.

Wasn't it both Dan and Minato that drove her out? She was on hand for Kushina delivery wasn't she?

for tsunade, it was her brother, and her boyfriend, not Minato.

as for Tenzo, i had that thought too.

it was Orochimaru who gave him the first's cells, (I assume that happened long before we were born?), and that's how they "knew" it was him who tampered with us?) but in the manga, its pretty heavily hinted that that was the experiment that finally ended with Orochimaru leaving Konoha.

i guess the old man took issue with the fact that, successfully giving wood release to a single child caused forty nine dead babies.

Looks like he got away with that experiment in this fic though.

Guess he hid the babies corpses better this time? i can't see the sandaime not chasing him out if he knew the truth.

Alexander said:
The simple fact her first suspect was him doing shady things with her pregnancy tells a lot about Oro-kun's reputation at that point.

It could also be that they suspect he's the only person capable of granting Mokuton to a newborn/unborn baby.

you-know, because he's done this before?

edit: edited because i quoted myself instead of editing my previous post.

iamnuff said:
It could also be that they suspect he's the only person capable of granting Mokuton to a newborn/unborn baby.

you-know, because he's done this before?
If he did, it's improbable he would still be in Konoha. And there would be another user running around.

[X] Learning to walk.

[X] Learning to talk.

[X] Controlling your bladder. Diapers were bad enough in a society that had disposable ones, these cloth things are awful.

[X] Learning to walk.
[X] Learning to talk.
[X] Controlling your bladder. Diapers were bad enough in a society that had disposable ones, these cloth things are awful.

Alexander said:
If he did, it's improbable he would still be in Konoha. And there would be another user running around.

Thats the point.

Did you forget about him, or did you just suggest that he never existed in this timeline?

either way, Tenzo Disapproves.

SCARY_YAMATO_by_Temari25.jpg

Nope, I only mean: if that happened and they know, Orochimaru wouldn't be in Konoha anymore.

Tenzo can be alive for all I care, but his powers and Orochimaru's responsibility for them being public (aka, anyone outside face-snake) means Oro-kun has to be missing-nin.

[X] Learning to walk.
[X] Working with the dandelions you gathered.

I like the update, especially Kushina who remains awesome.

[X] Learning to walk.
[X] Learning to talk.

[X] Learning to walk.
[X] Learning to talk.

Alexander said:
Nope, I only mean: if that happened and they know, Orochimaru wouldn't be in Konoha anymore.

Tenzo can be alive for all I care, but his powers and Orochimaru's responsibility for them being public (aka, anyone outside face-snake) means Oro-kun has to be missing-nin.
No he doesn't. This isn't a Furiko-altered AU that makes sense, this is canon, complete with bullshit timeline issues like Kishi intended.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
So....do we just shrug and say "An Uchiha did it?"
Fugaku: Go ahead, apparently it's what everyone else in this town does. -_-

Mikoto: Now, sweetheart, you can't blame all of Konoha for rumours spread by just a few people. And besides, they've stopped now.

Fugaku: It shouldn't take a fight with one of the Sannin to 'prove' we weren't behind the release of the Kyuubi. Kushina is your best friend!

Mikoto: Which made some people find it more likely I'd put her in harm's way.

Fugaku: *glares* That is absurd.

Mikoto: I know. And you know. And now, they know. *peck on the cheek* Thank you for your timely rescue, Mr Policeman.

Fugaku: *small smile; wraps her up in his arms*

-----
Hah. I like writin' sap. :3

FurikoMaru said:

Mikoto: Now, sweetheart, you can't blame all of Konoha for rumours spread by just a few people. And besides, they've stopped now.

Fugaku: It shouldn't take a fight with one of the Sannin to 'prove' we weren't behind the release of the Kyuubi. Kushina is your best friend!

Mikoto: I know. And you know. And now, they know. *peck on the cheek* Thank you for your timely rescue, Mr Policeman.

I'd wondered if this was going to exonerate the Uchiha some.

As it is I half expect people to be imagining an arrange marriage between Kushina and Mitoko's kid just to find a way to stick to all the detractors.

-----

Amongst other things. :p Actually a lot of the female writers I know seem to prefer to focus on character interaction.

Seriously, and I only mean this as an observation of your style, I thought back and started considering some of the recent combat related things. Here in Red Rose, fight with Kyuubi was a multi-line affair. Over in Cosmos Quest? Well, first there was Chouji's opponent forfeiting, then the Ino/Tenten fight, Gaara and Kiba was a one shot done deal over real quick, Lee and Haku had the entire match shrouded so that no details could be seen and therefore couldn't be written while we chat with people, Neji and Kibi DID have a proper fight for one scene, Temari had no fight, Kankuro also knocked out the lights and obscured the details, Ami had the biggest fight you've written to date, Sayuri got pasted off screeen, Hinata forfeited....

Your quests definitely seem to have a much larger roleplaying bent than nearly any other I can think of. Nearly every other Quest has a much higher 'encounter' ratio. The most analogous Quest I can recall is Habenaro Quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Amongst other things. :p Actually a lot of the female writers I know seem to prefer to focus on character interaction.
It's because I'm so bad at it in real life. Fiction is my way of proving I can understand it platonically at least.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Seriously, and I only mean this as an observation of your style, I thought back and started considering some of the recent combat related things. Here in Red Rose, fight with Kyuubi was a multi-line affair. Over in Cosmos Quest? Well, first there was Chouji's opponent forfeiting, then the Ino/Tenten fight, Gaara and Kiba was a one shot done deal over real quick, Lee and Haku had the entire match shrouded so that no details could be seen and therefore couldn't be written while we chat with people, Neji and Kibi DID have a proper fight for one scene, Temari had no fight, Kankuro also knocked out the lights and obscured the details, Ami had the biggest fight you've written to date, Sayuri got pasted off screeen, Hinata forfeited....

Your quests definitely seem to have a much larger roleplaying bent than nearly any other I can think of. Nearly every other Quest has a much higher 'encounter' ratio. The most analogous Quest I can recall is Habenaro Quest.
The other thing is, of course, that I'm no good at action scenes.

FurikoMaru said:
It's because I'm so bad at it in real life. Fiction is my way of proving I can understand it platonically at least.

I suspect that's a common motive.

The other thing is, of course, that I'm no good at action scenes.

Eh, probably not giving yourself enough credit there. But everyone has their strengths and preferences.

Yeah, pretty sure it was Biwako (Sarutobi's wife) that delivered Naruto.
FurikoMaru said:
The magic of villainous super-science! Covert food additives, drugging her water, any number of shady switcheroos with her pregnancy meds... this ain't Oro-tan's first rodeo.

Of course, if he had just played it cool and waited for the investigation he would have been completely exonerated. But he saw half the Military Police force descending on him and he assumed they must be after him for some of the stuff he was actually doing.
"But I didn't even doing anything yet this time!" he protests.

[X] Learning to talk.
[X] Making friends on visits to the playground:
-> [X] The stubborn twit who constantly gets in way over his head

I want to see who the local versions of Urameshi, Kuwabara and Hiei are, but I also don't want an active bladder.

Also, we don't need to walk, being carried is great.

[X] Learning to talk.
[X] Making friends on visits to the playground:
-> [X] The stubborn twit who constantly gets in way over his head

That's a really good point Guile, being carried is a lot like being hugged, and New!Mom seems nice.

Pretty sure we've only got three things to select though, and going to the playground counts as one.

[9] Learning to walk.

[6] Learning to talk.

[1] 'Learning' to read.

[10] Controlling your bladder. Diapers were bad enough in a society that had disposable ones, these cloth things are awful.

[2] Working with the dandelions you gathered.

[5] Making friends on visits to the playground:
-> [1] The cocky loudmouth
-> [1] The arrogant loner
-> [3] The stubborn twit who constantly gets in way over his head

FurikoMaru said:

-----
... Oh gods, it makes sense now.

MIKOTO is the mastermind behind everything that has occured in Naruto up to this point! Her opening gambit was manipulating Madara into killing her bestie so she could get more power, and in the next chapter Kishimoto will reveal that the entire purpose of this whole thing was so that she could create a perfect world for her own children!

Vindictus said:
... Oh gods, it makes sense now.

MIKOTO is the mastermind behind everything that has occured in Naruto up to this point! Her opening gambit was manipulating Madara into killing her bestie so she could get more power, and in the next chapter Kishimoto will reveal that the entire purpose of this whole thing was so that she could create a perfect world for her own children!

Don't be silly, Mikoto can't be the mastermind behind everything.

She's a woman.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Don't be silly, Mikoto can't be the mastermind behind everything.

She's a woman.
But see, THAT'S why it's such an unexpected twist!

Kishimoto deliberately spent the entire series making all the female characters completely incompetent just so this final mindfuck would come completely out of left field!

Isn't it obvious? That I'm trolling, at the very least?

Vindictus said:
But see, THAT'S why it's such an unexpected twist!

Kishimoto deliberately spent the entire series making all the female characters completely incompetent just so this final mindfuck would come completely out of left field!

Isn't it obvious? That I'm trolling, at the very least?

I'm sorry Vindictus, but that twist would just break the suspension of disbelief.

Not just a woman, but a younger woman outsmarting the older males in her family? That's crazy talk.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm sorry Vindictus, but that twist would just break the suspension of disbelief.

Not just a woman, but a younger woman outsmarting the older males in her family? That's crazy talk.
So crazy that it just might work!

Vindictus said:
So crazy that it just might work!

*thinks*

Nope, my SoD just can't take it. Fugaku being the mastermind would be a hard but doable sell, but Fugaku's wife is just a step too far.

It'd be betrayal I tell you. Betrayal!

I love you guys. :))

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I daresay you'd be the first.
Oh, Hymn me young fella, you should know better than to say things like that to a feels-junkie. I'm liable to hound you with internet hugs, now.

Edit: Aw, sweet, I've reached my post-count Rushiversary! ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back