• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Do an encounter roll!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Torgamous said:
-[X] Make random handseal-inspired shapes. Octopus, Itsy-Bitsy Spider, Go Longhorns. Don't bother trying to make them fit what you're doing.

we should do the fake-handseals anyway, even when we grow up and actually do ninja stuff.

Is it a running joke?
Is it because we want to trick people?
Is it because not using hand-seals has us feeling left out?
Is it because seeing Sasuke try to copy them is a barrel of laughs?

yes to all the above!

Be metal and throw the horns, do the bigfish/littlefish, do the macarena!

our "most powerful jutsu" needs to involve doing the robot.

[X] Go all out.
-->[Q] A house, huh? You think you can take that a step further.
-->[Q] Look at your house. Now look at me. Now look back at your house. It's now a dragon. Now back to me- The forest is a castle.
---->[Q] I'm riding a horse made of Diamonds Roses

Let's go full fledged Old Spice on these people.

iamnuff said:
we should do the fake-handseals anyway, even when we grow up and actually do ninja stuff.
I was thinking more along the lines of pretending not to know that handseals don't do anything for us. "I didn't need to do that last time, but Tenzo-sensei's doing it, so it has to do something, right?" Divorcing our hands' shapes from our effect on plants is meant to show that it's just empty imitation.

If you'd like to keep it up later, though, I have no objections.

[X] Dango yori hana

With a smile and a wave of your hand, the dormant spring blossoms sprout to the surface alongside their autumnal brethren. Soon the park is carpeted in wildflowers.

As you gain a better sense of what you have to work with in this soil, four massive roots rise up from the trees at the edge of the field and twine around themselves into an archway. Morning glories climb the new structure, and the branches above it weave together into a makeshift roof. You leave an open space - a skylight, perhaps - near the centre, allowing sunlight to fall on a point where, getting closer, you prompt a discarded and rotting apple core to rapidly grow into a small tree.

First come the blossoms, and then they recede, metamorphosing into lush round fruit. Hopping up onto a branch, you pull off a ripe apple and take a bite.

Tenzo gapes.

"Do you know where I can find roses?" you inquire after you've chewed and swallowed, trying not to laugh at his expression. "They make everything prettier."

That's been the most frustrating thing about your shift in universes; the caches of seeds and plantlife from which you used to summon aid are no longer within reach, so you're limited to using whatever plants are in your immediate vicinity or on your person. If you could establish new caches and discover naturally-occurring sources of plants, you'd have more options.

"Wow!"

"Sakura!"

You turn. A little girl with pink hair is bobbing over to you through the flowers, her mother rushing after her from a seat on the bench.

"Mommy, look! All the flowers! Lookit!"

"Yes, Sakura, I see, but don't bother the ninja!"

[X] Oh, how cute! Make her a little flower-wreath for her hair.

[X] Hm. That tree over there is a sakura... you do occasionally take requests...

[X] Just wave hello.

[X] Hm. That tree over there is a sakura... you do occasionally take requests...

Clearly this is the best idea. Sakura blossoms for Sakura is a little on the nose, maybe apple blossoms?

Ah, good ol' ladykiller Kurama.

Ahahaha! We're so gonna be a legend: the "Red Rose of Konoha". Pacifist extreme.

She maintains peace by destroying all evildoers in a beautiful manner.

O:)

[X] Just wav... Aah damn it too cute just go with

I'm not actually sure what we'll do with the tree, but I trust it will be suitably adorable.

Sound interesting.

Climbing back down the tree, you head back out of your little fort to meet her. Scooping up a handful of nadeshiko and violets, you twine them together into a little crown.

"Here!" you say as she comes to a stop beside you.

She blinks at you in confusion until you place the wreath on her head. She reaches up with both hands and pats the blossoms, as though checking to see if they're really on her head, and then smiles up at her mother and points at them.

"Oh, Sakura," the woman says with the exaggerated enthusiasm of the professional parent, "it looks so pretty. Can you say thank you?"

"Are you a ninja?" Sakura asks you eagerly.

"Say 'thank you'," her mother repeats in a reproachful but patient tone.

[X] "No, just a magician. Would you like an apple?"

[X] "I'm going to be. I am, aren't I, Tenzo-sensei?"

[X] Write-in

[X] "No, just a magician. Would you like an apple?"

(x) Who knows? People can be anything they want to be. Do you like apples?

[X] "I'm going to be. I am, aren't I, Tenzo-sensei?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back