• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

redaeth said:
[X] Channel your youki without altering it internally; attempt to use the handseals for their intended purpose, moulding life energy.

I want to be mostly honest with our new mother. She does love us after all.
You do realize their going to think were the Kyuubi prossesing their daughter right?

[X] Alter your youki as you normally would before expelling it; 'wake up' the floorboards beneath the tatami.

[X] Channel your youki without altering it internally; attempt to use the handseals for their intended purpose, moulding life energy.

nightblade said:
You do realize their going to think were the Kyuubi prossesing their daughter right?
Baseless paranoia, what would quests be without you?
You do realize that the choice is simply about trying to use handseals like a ninja, right?

Let's see what happens. Maybe we can use the actual Mokuton.

Possibilities:

1. We don't have the Mokuton bloodline, and therefore this does nothing. In this case Tenzo and Mom know they have to teach us how to fake it. The mama bear does want to keep this quiet after all.

2. Youki works with Mokuton Jutsu. Not really any sort of problem.

3. Youki makes everything crazy. Might be dangerous, but given it's supposed to be a weak technique this is unlikely to have enough oomph to hurt anyone at this level. Like 1, this tells Tenzo and Kushina that they need to help us hide it.

Am I missing anything?

[X] Alter your youki as you normally would before expelling it; 'wake up' the floorboards beneath the tatami

So, if pure Yang-release control life, AKA it's similar to Kurama's ability...

What does pure Yin-release do?

Pure yin release gives shape to imagination. Things like illusions, mind control/reading And other mind affecting things are covered under Yin.

[X] Shape your youki as usual

We can experiment with Unshaped Youki later. Right now, let's see if we can bring dead wood to life with our regular stuffs.

Vindictus said:
[X] Shape your youki as usual

We can experiment with Unshaped Youki later. Right now, let's see if we can bring dead wood to life with our regular stuffs.
Didn't we already do that when we escaped the pen?

Aside from that, though I may not know Yu Yu Hakusho, going by what those that do have mentioned about Kurama I very much doubt that there's anything we do not know about our regular stuff, so even if that was something different I don't really see this course of action being very productive.

Pipeman said:
Didn't we already do that when we escaped the pen?

Aside from that, though I may not know Yu Yu Hakusho, going by what those that do have mentioned about Kurama I very much doubt that there's anything we do not know about our regular stuff, so even if that was something different I don't really see this course of action being very productive.
It's seeing if we can actually use hand signs the way ninja do. If we can use them then ordinary ninjutsu and genjutsu becomes open to us and we can expand our range of techniques beyond self enhancement and plant growth.

ryune said:
It's seeing if we can actually use hand signs the way ninja do. If we can use them then ordinary ninjutsu and genjutsu becomes open to us and we can expand our range of techniques beyond self enhancement and plant growth.
I know?

It's just that Vindictus argued we could experiment with that later and wanted to spend now testing whether we can do dead wood with our native skillset, which we really don't need to test.

Pipeman said:
I know?

It's just that Vindictus argued we could experiment with that later and wanted to spend now testing whether we can do dead wood with our native skillset, which we really don't need to test.
Nope. I argued that we should see if we can get away with just using our youki the way we usually do and then play around with handseals later.

Although given I posted right after getting up and before coffee, I'm not sure I managed to get my point across right.

Eh. Whatever.

[X] Alter your youki as you normally would before expelling it; 'wake up' the floorboards beneath the tatami.

Is there a reason that people are voting for using our youki in the normal way? I'm asking because I see a couple of negatives to doing so, and no positives. Would someone mind explaining the reasoning behind that decision?

[Alternative] Alter your youki as you normally would before expelling it; attempt to use the handseals for their intended purpose, molding life energy.

Would this have an effect?

To your complete surprise, a gust of wind blows out of your mouth and knocks over a birthday card from Jiraiya-sensei on the bookcase.

Learned: Simplified Fuuton: Daitoppa

Tenzo sighs. "Well, that settles it. If she were able to use Mokuton, she'd have produced a heap of firewood."

Mother nods seriously. "Okay. Well, kiddo, looks like you've got a choice to make, here." She turns to you. "Do you want to learn how to pretend to have a more normal Mokuton affinity, or do you want Mommy to tell people your Mokuton is special and you can just keep doing what you've been doing all along?"

"Kushina-sama, forgive me, but that won't fool anyone who knows-"

"It doesn't have to," Mother interrupts. "Anyone who isn't fooled will be pi- peeing themselves in terror imagining all the other possibilities." She smiles at you. "It's up to you, sweetie. You don't have to lie if you don't want to."

[X] Learn from Tenzo how to fake the Mokuton.

[X] Make the big bad Mokuton-having kid-ANBU your glorified babysitter to keep the old meddlers happy while you do as you please.

[X] Make the big bad Mokuton-having kid-ANBU your glorified babysitter to keep the old meddlers happy while you do as you please.

[X] Learn from Tenzo how to fake the Mokuton.

That way we have an excuse to do stuff like when we bent the wood of the crib. Through one would think they would realize we can fake it already.

Also are going to make a story thread of this and Dio quest.

nightblade said:
That way we have an excuse to do stuff like when we bent the wood of the crib. Through one would think they would realize we can fake it already.
As far as understood it, having Tenzo teach us how to fake it would mean that he teaches us to which handseals correspond to which techniques, so whenever we do something we can make the appropriate handseals, even though we don't need to.
Given that we have no idea whatsoever which mokuton handseals do what, we can not fake having regular mokuton on our own.

Secondly, we will have an excuse to do stuff like the crib either way.
It's just that with the one option we do fake handseals and with the other we don't bother, because we don't care to keep the fact that our 'mokuton' isn't proper mokuton a secret.

Personally, I neither care to limit ourselves artificially, nor do I care to reduce the amount of confusion and panic we create, because canon is the enemy and, as long as we're still a child, the only way we can destroy canon is by spreading confusion and panic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back