• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Slippery Slope [Worm AU]

And the award for E88 recruiter of the year for 2011 goes to.... Sophia Hess!

Fucking A. The Empire are criminals, drug dealers, murderers and violent racists and they got to look like supporters of law and order on this one. The amount of smug coming from the Nazi clubhouse tonight might cause a smugularity, break time, and retroactively have Tattletale be in the E88 too. :p

This is going to go poorly. I cansee Sophia making a run for it.

Reactions: Ack
Tentatively, I leaned in toward him. He divined my intention, and mirrored my movement, tilting his head. Our lips met in a brief, warm kiss. It wasn't a kiss for the ages, and of passion there was barely anything. But it was my first kiss with a boy, and I felt a calm spreading through me, settling my racing thoughts.

I didn't kiss him again, not right away; once was enough.

For now
For this chapter i'm playing a song we have all heard before,this is Grease's "You're The One That I Want" but i;m playing two different covers one is Peter's version as covered by Lo Fang and the other is Taylor's as cover by Julia Stone.

Well her options are: stay and go to jail a long time likely getting killed in the showers by some E88 member on the inside, or run and seek her vengeance.

She likely won't really end up in jail. At least not within reach of anyone in particular. If she goes on the run, she's dead. She'll be hunted by the PRT and Protectorate and the Empire. It's likely that the Empire will catch her first and then she will be murdered.

Running basically seals her fate. It's a bad move.

I don't think I've ever experienced such a feeling of impending-doom while watching the trio get their comeuppance, before.

Well done.

I'm (morbidly) curious to see where this is going now that it's not just Taylor who's made the proverbial deal with the devil.

PS: Seriously, it's like a trainwreck; I can't look away!

My guess? Sophia escapes, hunts down Taylor, ends up killing Peter in front of her. Taylor triggers over his death.

She likely won't really end up in jail
She's on the hook for some really bad shit. She's not talking her way out of a prison sentence, and if the nearest Juvie isn't crawling with wannabe E88 members I'd call shenanigans.

If she goes on the run, she's dead. She'll be hunted by the PRT and Protectorate and the Empire.
I'm sure the PRT will make her their top priority, what with Brockton Bay being such a peaceful place. As for the Empire? Yeah they might care a little but I don't see them gunning for her harder than normal. Kaiser isn't about to demand her head on a stick.

Eh. She's still a minor and a ward. Her sentence would default to Juvie and one of there seale jails made to hold her type.
Still she's looking at best 3 years in jail. Lot of time for something to go wrong.

My guess? Sophia escapes, hunts down Taylor, ends up killing Peter in front of her. Taylor triggers over his death.

And becomes the most dedicated little Nazi ever! That's great, once again Sophia Hess proves her dedication to the Empire's cause by giving them a powerful and dedicated warrior.

Jeez. I wasn't serious about Sophia being such an asset to the Empire, but if she keeps making plays like this they might have to make her an honorary Aryan or something. :p

And becomes the most dedicated little Nazi ever! That's great, once again Sophia Hess proves her dedication to the Empire's cause by giving them a powerful and dedicated warrior.

Jeez. I wasn't serious about Sophia being such an asset to the Empire, but if she keeps making plays like this they might have to make her an honorary Aryan or something. :p
"No way she's really black, she just fell down a chimney chute or somethin'. She pulls in the most members out of any of the E88's recruiters!"

"No way she's really black, she just fell down a chimney chute or somethin'. She pulls in the most members out of any of the E88's recruiters!"
Right? Maybe they'll say it's a "skin condition" or some other lame ass excuse as to why more people get pushed into being neo-nazis by a black girl than any two recruiters. :p

"Piggot here," she stated curtly. "What's going on over there?"

"What's going on," Blackwell told her even more curtly, "is that I've just called the police to have your precious fucking Sophia Hess, as well as her friend Emma Barnes, arrested and charged for assault and god knows what else. They will both be expelled from Winslow just as soon as I can get the paperwork processed through."

Piggot blinked. "Wait. Walk me through this. Who did they assault? Isn't expulsion a little bit of a strong penalty for a first offence?"

"Director Piggot," Blackwell snarled, "Miss Hess and Miss Barnes plastered the locker of another girl with highly offensive material, as well as filling it with toxic waste. Then, when she opened the locker, Sophia Hess shoved her into it, Emma Barnes closed the door, and they locked her in."

Piggot was dumbfounded. "And you know for a fact that it was her ...?" she began hopefully.

"Because someone filmed it on their phone!" snapped Blackwell. "And you can bet that footage is making the rounds!"

"So confiscate the phone," Piggot suggested automatically. "You're the principal."

"And they're the Empire Eighty-Eight!" retorted Blackwell. "Yes, I'm the principal. But I am neither stupid nor suicidal. They are holding the girls, outside my office, waiting for the police to arrive and make the appropriate arrests."

"Wait, hold on a moment," Piggot protested. "What do the Empire Eighty-Eight have to do with an assault case that they didn't even perpetrate?"

"Because the assault happened to a girl who was friendly with one of their members, is the best answer I can get at the moment," Blackwell told her.

There was something Blackwell wasn't saying; Piggot's instincts kicked in. "Wait a minute. Is this even a first offence?"

Blackwell sighed. "Apparently not. I'm told there is firm evidence that this has been ongoing for over a year."

Piggot's jaw clenched. "And you didn't do anything about it."

"I didn't know about it!" protested the principal. "Nothing credible was reported to me!"

"Nothing … credible?" If the word had been an object, Piggot would have been handling it with thick rubber gloves. "Unless I miss my guess, that's code for I didn't want to know, so I didn't listen too hard. Or am I mistaken?"
Oh my, are you actually.... getting me to like Piggot?
Your handler has been working closely with me; any time we heard anything untoward about her activities in the school, I passed it on to her. I never got any reply back, so I figured it was all fine."
And the PRT handler just got reassigned to a Simurgh quarantine zone.
So a popular girl, whose father is a lawyer, along with another pretty girl who's a track star. No wonder there weren't many complaints against them that you were willing to act on. Especially after Shadow Stalker got into the Wards."
Called it in one, Piggot, called it in one.
"I resent the implication," Blackwell retorted, but it was weak.
Resemble; the word you're looking for there is resemble, not resent.:D
At least her identity didn't come out. That could have complicated this immeasurably.
Oh really? Good thing Emma's smart enough to keep her mouth shut.
"If – if I gave you something more, something big, could you just leave us all alone? For good?"

A frown. He was intrigued. "That depends. How big?"

"Big," she assured him. "Huge." She was shaking now; she wanted to cry. She didn't want to do this, but she had to. Surely Sophia understands self-preservation. For Dad, for Mom, for Anne. I'm protecting us all.

He nodded. "If it's that big, sure."

She took a deep, shuddering breath. "She's Shadow Stalker."

For the first time, she saw that she had cracked his façade. He blinked. "Come again?"

"Sophia Hess," she insisted, her voice low. "She's Shadow Stalker. The Ward."

His eyes were unfocused. "You're certain of this."

She nodded urgently. "Guaranteed. I've gone out with her. On patrol."

The smile, which had gone away for a little while, returned. "Well, now. Isn't that … interesting."
*sigh* Emma, you dumb bitch. You just done fucked up.
"Well, that's the kicker. She gave me something else, which should be more than adequate."

"Which is?"

"Not something I would prefer to discuss over the phone, sir."

"It's that important?"

"I believe so, sir."

"And you think it's worth letting the Barnes family off for?"

"Even better. After this, we'll own them."
And that's why, you just broke the unwritten rules sweetheart. That never ends well.
So I am arresting you on suspicion of aggravated assault and deprivation of liberty, with other charges pending, once they analyse the waste that was in that locker."

"But she's in the fucking Empire Eighty-Eight," Sophia insisted. Can't this bitch see that? "Why aren't you arresting her?"

"Because she's committed no crime that we can see," the officer told her patiently. "Whereas you have. Hands behind your back and turn around."
"They may be racist fucks, but you're the one committing hate crimes here honey. Enjoy the results."
The phone rang twice, then was picked up.

"Hi, Mom."

"Shadow Stalker. I presume that you are in police custody by now."

"Yeah, it's all good. When are you going to come pick me up?"

"We're not."

She blinked. "Sorry, what? I didn't get that."

"We're not going to pull you out of this. This is a criminal matter involving your public identity. You haven't revealed your secret identity yet, I hope?"

"Uh, no, no, that's all good," she managed. "But … "

"But nothing, Shadow Stalker," Director Piggot told her. "You will submit to arrest. You will let them take you downtown. You will not give them any reason to think that you are anything but who you say you are. You will not, under any circumstance, try to use your standing as a Ward to get out of this. Do you understand?"

"I, uh, yeah, but -"

"If you violate these orders, then we will consider you to be a criminal to be arrested," Piggot warned. "You've been getting away with this sort of thing for far too long. No more. It ends now." There was a click as the call ended.
Dear god..... You ARE making me like Piggot.
SHE is giving ME up?

"FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!"

It took Sophia a moment to realise that the tearing, animalistic noise had been torn from her own throat. She didn't even bother going to shadow; straightening up with a lunge, she slammed the heels of her hands up under the chin of the larger, male officer. She was very fit for her age, and fairly strong. His head snapped back and he staggered backward; she began to turn to the female officer -

Too late, she registered the prongs of a stun-gun as they jammed into her ribs. The current crackled through her; she convulsed and fell to her knees. Even then, she tried to fight, tried to go to shadow, but it was too little, too late. The female cop hit her with the stun gun a second time.

This time, the lights went out.
My only regret, is we didn't get to see Taylor watch Sophia get tasered.
Eh. She's still a minor and a ward. Her sentence would default to Juvie and one of there seale jails made to hold her type.
Actaully, these crimes, the length of time they've been going on, and a few other factors.... Sophia could realistically be charged as an adult.
Make Sophia Indo-Iranian? How's that work?

Last edited:
Oh my, are you actually.... getting me to like Piggot?
My profound apologies :p

And the PRT handler just got reassigned to a Simurgh quarantine zone.
If she's lucky.

Called it in one, Piggot, called it in one.
She's a bureaucrat, but she's not a moron.

Oh really? Good thing Emma's smart enough to keep her mouth shut.
Yeah, good thing she's that sma-

*sigh* Emma, you dumb bitch. You just done fucked up.
Dammit.

And that's why, you just broke the unwritten rules sweetheart. That never ends well.
What are you talking about? The E88 is loving it.

"They may be racist fucks, but you're the one committing hate crimes here honey. Enjoy the results."
"But ... but ... but ... Empire Eighty-Eight!"

Dear god..... You ARE making me like Piggot.
Again, my sincerest apologies. :p

My only regret, is we didn't get to see Taylor watch Sophia get tasered.
Well, true. Ah well, can't have everything.

Actaully, these crimes, the length of time they've been going on, and a few other factors.... Sophia could realistically be charged as an adult.
We shall see.

Make Sophia Indo-Iranian? how's that work?
"We have a new member of the Recruitment staff. She's going to be wearing a full-body costume for ... reasons."

My profound apologies :p
You better be sorry!:p
You're right. Jail might be involved; criminal negligence at best, accessory to a hate crime at worst.
She's a bureaucrat, but she's not a moron.
Just biased against capes almost as much as E88 is biased against blacks.
Yeah, good thing she's that sma-
:D
What are you talking about? The E88 is loving it.
Yes! We get to do whatever we want to them now, because if we tell ANYONE we found out Stalker's identity from Emma, it's open season on the entire family from ALL the gangs AND the PRT.
"But ... but ... but ... Empire Eighty-Eight!"
:D
Again, my sincerest apologies. :p
Again, you better be sorry!:p
Well, true. Ah well, can't have everything.
At least we'll get to see Taylor hearing about it. Or maybe one of the E88 guys video-taped it for Taylor.:)
Yea, not making it to trial, Stalker's gonna pull a runner, and make the stupid, stupid mistake of going after Taylor for revenge... While Taylor's meeting Peter's dad... Krieg won't be pleased with the interruption... Stalker will be even less pleased with the results.
"We have a new member of the Recruitment staff. She's going to be wearing a full-body costume for ... reasons."
Now normally I'd have a clip from undercover brother, where they're explaining the white intern in their base. Sadly, I can't find the clip, and dn't have the movie, and am not going to waste the time downloading it to make the clip (I have to make about 90% of the clips I post, can never find one edited where I need it). I'd then make a witty retort about it being that in reverse, an example of affirmative action.

Since I can't make the clip, I can't do that, so you get this instead (keep in mind it's coming from an E88 officer, and does not reflect my views in any way, shape, or form):

-----------------------

"OK, I know there have been some rumors about our newest recruitment officer. Some genuine concerns, and some out of jealousy over how effective she's been at her job.

"Now I know there's been a lot of rumors spreading since her glove slipped off the other day, and I'd just like to clear things up a bit.

"You see the thing is.... Yes, she's a nigger, in fact she's the type of nigger that ensures our cause will never die... and that's why we need her!

"You see, the reason she's so effective at her job recruiting people for us... The reason so many have joined because of her... is that she's the PERFECT example of the type of despicable nigger that we want to crush. Just by being herself, all of our white brothers and sisters can see for themselves exactly what we're fighting against!

"We NEED her... as a constant reminder of what we're fighting against, a constant example of what we need to fix, a constant example of why we can't let niggers like her run free!"

---------------

Yeah... I don't write for a reason, lol. And yes, it IS proper grammar to not close the quote at the end of a paragraph if the person is still talking, and to place an open quotes at the start of the new paragraph.

Also Ack, that post was the type of post that's the reason for my frequent edits warning in my sig. You might want to give the post another glance, added at least 1 more quote around the same time you posted your reply. Total edits to it, about 10, lol.

*edit- In hindsight, that short omake might be overly offensive to some (even mildly to myself... and I wrote it!). If anyone's really offended by it, say the word and I'll get rid of it. I meant it to be humorous, not hurtful.

PS: Seriously, it's like a trainwreck; I can't look away!
Yes, Exactly like Worm canon. It's getting worse, you know it's getting worse, but you have to keep reading to find out just how bad it's going to get.

It takes a talented writer to write in that style successfully (pray you never read the bad attempts). It's fics like this that let me continue reading Ack's stuff after seeing his NSFW stuff, lol. I know he's a good writer, definitely in the top 5 for worm fanfic authors; he just chooses not to be sometimes, lol.

Last edited:
You better be sorry!:p
Many, many apologies.

You're right. Jail might be involved; criminal negligence at best, accessory to a hate crime at worst.
Nah. Assigned to Endbringer liaison duties.

"What, do you mean. liaison between capes assembling to fight Endbringers?"
"No. Liaison with the Endbringers. Cheer up, you get a pistol. With one bullet. Have a nice day."

Just biased against capes almost as much as E88 is biased against blacks.:D
Well, given that she went through what would be a Trigger event if she was able to Trigger, are we surprised?

Yes! We get to do whatever we want to them now, because if we tell ANYONE we found out Stalker's identity from Emma, it's open season on the entire family from ALL the gangs AND the PRT.:D
<ding>

Again, you better be sorry!:p
Yup. Sorry, thass me. Sorry all over.

At least we'll get to see Taylor hearing about it. Or maybe one of the E88 guys video-taped it for Taylor.:)
Kelly still has his phone ...

Yea, not making it to trial, Stalker's gonna pull a runner, and make the stupid, stupid mistake of going after Taylor for revenge... While Taylor's meeting Peter's dad... Krieg won't be pleased with the interruption... Stalker will be even less pleased with the results.
Mayyybe.

Now normally I'd have a clip from undercover brother, where they're explaining the white intern in their base. Sadly, I can't find the clip, and dn't have the movie, and am not going to waste the time downloading it to make the clip (I have to make about 90% of the clips I post, can never find one edited where I need it). I'd then make a witty retort about it being that in reverse, an example of affirmative action.

<snip omake>

---------------

Yeah... I don't write for a reason, lol. And yes, it IS proper grammar to not close the quote at the end of a paragraph if the person is still talking, and to place an open quotes at the start of the new paragraph.

Also Ack, that post was the type of post that's the reason for my frequent edits warning in my sig. You might want to give the post another glance, added at least 1 more quote around the same time you posted your reply. Total edits to it, about 10, lol.

*edit- In hindsight, that short omake might be overly offensive to some (even mildly to myself... and I wrote it!). If anyone's really offended by it, say the word and I'll get rid of it. I meant it to be humorous, not hurtful.

Yes, Exactly like Worm canon. It's getting worse, you know it's getting worse, but you have to keep reading to find out just how bad it's going to get.

It takes a talented writer to write in that style successfully (pray you never read the bad attempts). It's fics like this that let me continue reading Ack's stuff after seeing his NSFW stuff, lol. I know he's a good writer, definitely in the top 5 for worm fanfic authors; he just chooses not to be sometimes, lol.
Hey, I resemble that remark :D

Sometimes I just wanna throw shit at the page and see what sticks. :p

Now that I remember. The barnes literally swore sophia in. Piggot should be rounding emma up to lean on her.

Well Krieg is the most likely to be Peter's father, Victor's the other possibility. Definitely not Hookwolf or any of his crew, and Kaiser's kids are all known, Purity only had one kid, and I'm pretty sure Peter's too old to be the child of any other the other capes in E88. I suppose Crusader's a possibility, but it doesn't seem to fit.
Sometimes I just wanna throw shit at the page and see what sticks. :p
Problem: what's most likely to stick, in this scenario, is diarrhea.:p

Good chapter. Quite the developments - both Emma and Taylor are sinking deeper and deeper, but it all makes just so much sense. Love the breakdown of Sophia.

Thus, the relief when I get it out of my system :p
Yea, but then, once the diarrhea is out of your system... you show it to other people... and not in a modern-art kind of way... The stench is something awful.:p

yes, the "can't look away" is strong with this story ^^

given the ...hint about taylor not having triggered "yet",
who are the potential actors?

sophia is the obvious contender, with SS identity revealed for maximum Beesplosion
means : attack on taylor and/or peter? Or danny if sophia's family gets threatened/attacked in the backlash.

peter himself, with either an intentional reveal or an accidental discovery of the reason for his interest.
however, at this point, would taylor care? Sophia has already won her E88 award 2011 for best poster girl for the cause.
and it would take a rather massive idiotball when peter has shown very adequate levels of competence.

emma is apparently neutralised but if the PRT gets to her, pointing out taylor as the one who leaked sophia's id as SS could...
i'm grasping at straws, here ^^

Danny himself? at this point does he even know that emma and taylor have not been friend for 2 years?
taylor volunteering for E88 membership might not be understood, if he lacks some context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back