• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

the texts stick.

Deasentri

Lewd Detective.
So, since December 14, 2023, all the devices that I use, be it Tablet, Notebook and cell phone, have the same error when I enter a story to read, the texts are stuck and among them some are reversed in order (the beginning of the story). phrase is changed in the final sentence of the chapter) and commands appear between sentences of the chapters, I have been able to more or less intuit that the problem begins when the page is translated into any language other than the native one (which makes it a bit complicated for me because I read it in another language) I would like to ask for solutions.

The "commands" that appear would be
<\span>
< ai=4> this includes numbers that vary from 19 to 54.

1702703270-webnovel_mimage_4321740892_1702703267762.jpg

So, since December 14, 2023, all the devices that I use, be it Tablet, Notebook and cell phone, have the same error when I enter a story to read, the texts are stuck and among them some are reversed in order (the beginning of the story). phrase is changed in the final sentence of the chapter) and commands appear between sentences of the chapters, I have been able to more or less intuit that the problem begins when the page is translated into any language other than the native one (which makes it a bit complicated for me because I read it in another language) I would like to ask for solutions.
What browser do you use across your devices?

Have you tried clearing the cache and saved images on your browsers?

Also are you reading the site at https://forum.questionablequesting.com/ or https://questionablequesting.com/

And what style are you using? Have you tried changing the style to say Xenforo Default or one of the others?

I had 'Light responsive' activated by default, in the others the same error continues to occur except for the lack of 'Commands'.

The "commands" that appear would be
<\span>
The "commands" you mention look like garbled HTML. Do you use the same translation service across all of your affected devices? If so, have you tried a different translator/translation service?

Do you get somewhat different results (eg, the "commands" not appearing in the same place) if you revisit and re-translate a page (chapter, whatever) you have previously? If you re-translate with a different theme active? That is, if you translate the same page several different times, how close to identical results do you get?

My current guess is that whatever translation service you use changed something about how it operates, and whatever change they made is causing it to garble the text and also to emit broken HTML.

You could be onto something, but the thing is that I don't know how to change the Translator.

You could be onto something, but the thing is that I don't know how to change the Translator.
If you usually use Google Chrome's built-in translation feature, the easiest way to try that would probably be the use Firefox, and inside Firefox turn off whatever provides the translation. I know that there are several add-ons for Firefox that provide translation, and trying a different one might be enough.

I am assuming that your notebook computer uses a "desktop" type operating system such as Windows 10, and not a "mobile" type operating system such as Android.

Another test. You said you tried multiple web browsers. If you use them to look at the exact same chapter, do they all have the same problems in the same place? Do any of them have problems with the not-translated version of the chapter? If they are all different, then the problem is almost definitely with your translation service.

I tried the translation in other stories and even other websites but in QQ I only see those errors. I'll try what you told me about Firefox thanks.

I put an addon to Firefox and it works fine for me, thanks for the recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back