• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The War Chronicles of a Little Demon (Youjo Senki alt)

Unless there's some culture stuff about who carries the broodlings, and even with Tanya's changes I'm not so sure she'd be comfortable bearing kids, 3 is the number to get a brat between every combination of parents assuming the Vs breed. Which I'm not completely sure of happening as I'm not quite sure if the two are into each other are are just good with sharing Tanya. Violetblood is probably the one most pushed to push out a broodling for a variety of reasons and possibly would be the priority to get preggers but Visha probably has wanted Tanya's babies for at least a lifetime and I don't think anyone will care if both Vs are preggers at the same time.

I agree actually, I'm not sure as to pairing both the Vs together. We'll let Sunny figure it out much later ^_^.

Though I do feel like Tauria is loath to have others do things that she isn't really willing to do herself. So if she's getting both her V's to carry kids, I think she'd feel a bit obligated to carry one herself.
And if she's doing that for one of her Vs...well, then she'd do it for her 2nd.

I agree actually, I'm not sure as to pairing both the Vs together. We'll let Sunny figure it out much later ^_^.

Though I do feel like Tauria is loath to have others do things that she isn't really willing to do herself. So if she's getting both her V's to carry kids, I think she'd feel a bit obligated to carry one herself.
A key facet of Tanya's character is that some of her highest priorities are her personal comfort and freedom, and a pregnancy is one of the biggest ways to limit both. So unless there's some culture to push the idea, I'm pretty sure she's unlikely to do it. Also of the lot she's the most likely to remain in the military after her required service.

A key facet of Tanya's character is that some of her highest priorities are her personal comfort and freedom, and a pregnancy is one of the biggest ways to limit both. So unless there's some culture to push the idea, I'm pretty sure she's unlikely to do it. Also of the lot she's the most likely to remain in the military after her required service.

The other large facet is following social cues and obligations, much to her own detriment. Now is she willing to give up some of her personal comfort to fulfill having broodlings? Maybe.
You are right that just having her V's have children would be meeting obligations, but if she gets that its expected in someway...

The other large facet is following social cues and obligations, much to her own detriment. Now is she willing to give up some of her personal comfort to fulfill having broodlings? Maybe.
You are right that just having her V's have children would be meeting obligations, but if she gets that its expected in someway...
She does have her limits when it comes to social cues, and that requires them to exist in the first place or not have consequences that are worth the freedom and comfort not abiding by them grants.

The expectations do also need to be pretty rigid and not come with counterparts. It could very well be understandable for one girl to not be comfortable bearing kids. However we readers just don't know as far as I can tell. Though I suspect it's the case.

Oh wow! Lotta comments. And on the day the forum went through an update.
Holiday shopping, therapy, and military socialization. What a variety in this chapter.

The Vs are going to get very bred methinks once the triad are in the place for that between the schenagains in the first part of the chapter revealing that Tanya finds the broodlings adorable and the middle part going over some of Violetblood's background.
Yah, I wanted some variety to show them in the "post mission" phase.
For the second part, I will note that they don't have maternity leave.

Well, she finds the fluffy fox kits adorable :p

She finds her nieces to be exasperating. As was shown when she had to take care of the...7...I think...of them at her home that one time. She also refers to broodlings ever so lovingly as terrors.

Broodlings between the three. Suppose they'll have 6 total, switching off parentage between them?
Should workshop some names ^_^.
Heh, could be that Tauria, at some level, knows she won't be responsible for raising fox kits. And yeah, broodlings are... challenging.

Unless there's some culture stuff about who carries the broodlings, and even with Tanya's changes I'm not so sure she'd be comfortable bearing kids, 3 is the number to get a brat between every combination of parents assuming the Vs breed. Which I'm not completely sure of happening as I'm not quite sure if the two are into each other are are just good with sharing Tanya. Violetblood is probably the one most pushed to push out a broodling for a variety of reasons and possibly would be the priority to get preggers but Visha probably has wanted Tanya's babies for at least a lifetime and I don't think anyone will care if both Vs are preggers at the same time.
They do have plenty of time. And another factor is how much pressure Tauria's moms have on her, especially when she's in her 30's

"I might lose my girls!"

"Ah, could you not blow up my office?"
Tauria "I'm totally not that emotional and passionate!"

Banging about? Sounds like she should get a decent scabbard with 2 or 3 points of attachment. A properly worn sword should not be bruising your hips/thighs.

I think you only need one of these.
Well.... that might be her complaining, or maybe she should get her kit fixed up
Speaking of fixing, you're right. I'll correct that.

And then it's a question of how she goes after that. But that's all pretty far in the future.

There is a culture push. As for comfort. Maternity leave (and reduced duty) is a thing in the Fleet and Legions. So in theory Tauria could use that to get a rear echelon position.

But I doubt even she's that cynical

And if the Duchess gives her a quiet word...
She does have her limits when it comes to social cues, and that requires them to exist in the first place or not have consequences that are worth the freedom and comfort not abiding by them grants.

The expectations do also need to be pretty rigid and not come with counterparts. It could very well be understandable for one girl to not be comfortable bearing kids. However we readers just don't know as far as I can tell. Though I suspect it's the case.
Good news is that it's all pretty theoretical at this point. And there's plenty of story to go before this is even an issue that they'd really consider.

Tauria herself can push back on having broodlings for a fair bit. Like until her first military term is over.

For the second part, I will note that they don't have maternity leave.
As for comfort. Maternity leave (and reduced duty) is a thing in the Fleet and Legions.
This feel contradictory.
But I doubt even she's that cynical
I would say she isn't. Also I'd say that she likes her career.
Tauria herself can push back on having broodlings for a fair bit. Like until her first military term is over.
Can and would are different things and she's certainly got options. Pushing back on bearing any broodlings, at all if she can help it but at least until she works through if it's for her or not with more certainty, is what I'd expect out of her. Siring broodlings on the other hand, I think she would only avoid until everything is super official with her Vs and their first terms are up. Preferably with Tanya having a transfer that'll let her be in her broodlings' lives.

Thanks for the chapter.

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

This feel contradictory.

Ah, I mean the leave they got in the current chapter isn't Maternity Leave. IE no one in the Wing can get pregnant.

I would say she isn't. Also I'd say that she likes her career.

Despite her protests she does like it.

Can and would are different things and she's certainly got options. Pushing back on bearing any broodlings, at all if she can help it but at least until she works through if it's for her or not with more certainty, is what I'd expect out of her. Siring broodlings on the other hand, I think she would only avoid until everything is super official with her Vs and their first terms are up. Preferably with Tanya having a transfer that'll let her be in her broodlings' lives.

True, Regardless of the exact details, I can see Tauria planning to have it after her first term, and ideally after being transferred to a reserve or desk position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back