1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The War Chronicles of a Little Demon (Youjo Senki alt)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Sunshine Temple, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

Every devil has two wings.

2. moon so bright

moon so bright Shining Light

I hope this tension resolved itself to everyone’s satisfaction and happiness (and Tauria’s befuddlement).

Sunshine Temple likes this.
  3. Sunshine Temple

Sunshine Temple Not too sore, are you?

Hah, that could be a fun turn of prhase.

Good odds. As VioletBlood isn't dumb (though she is young and haughty) but moreso Visha is just so likable.

But Tauria being confused as to what's going on with all those emotions and people factors is likely.

4. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

I mean that's Tauria's default state when she's not convinced she understands things whilst not actually fully understanding things.

However, phrasing it like that is the sort of thing that really brings out Tanya's isekai protag status.

5. Sunshine Temple

Yeah her flipping between arrogance and insecurity, (superiority vs inferiority complex) is part of what makes her an interesting character.

But! Like most bland isekai protags she's not some generic good-guy audience surrogate who bumbles along, she's a flawed and driven person who tries to guide her fate.

Which often makes things so much worse for her.

6. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

At least her intentions are generally pretty good. For all the shit she's gotten up to and could probably be written to believably get up to, she's at least always wanting to do something positive.

7. Sunshine Temple

Yeah that is true. Even her "selfish" desires are rather understandable: she wants comfort and safety an a bit of status.

8. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

It helps that she tends to share the love when nice things fall her way.

9. Sunshine Temple

Indeed, as harsh of a taskmaster she is when training or in battle. If she can get her men some R&R (or better food) she will do what she can to get them as many creature comforts as she can manage.

RogueInquisitor and Rymu like this.
  10. Extras: Image: Tauria and her Mothers
    Sunshine Temple

To celebrate hitting 10 chapters let's show some art of two characters people have been wondering about.
    [​IMG]

Full size.

(By the excellent Daywalkerrl link to artist's DA page )
    And here we see a young Tauria (before she entered into the Legions) being fussed over by her mothers Duchess SilverFlight and Sister Clementia.

There's a couple more pieces in the works, including everyone's favorite two pilots with names starting with Vi.

Falbe, slagar, PaiRho and 13 others like this.
  11. Guardian Box

Oh who they may ever be, I wonder.

Blehdg1 and Sunshine Temple like this.
  12. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

Is it just me or do the adults look like they're wearing latex outfits? Hell Tanya's tights look a bit like latex as well.

13. Sunshine Temple

It is a puzzler!

A bit. Clementia's outfit has a deliberate shine, the rest is more of how the artist does highlights. Which I don't mind the effect, especially with how it makes the Duchess' gown pop.

RogueInquisitor and Rymu like this.
  14. Guardian Box

Do not play games with me, you vile villain, and tell me your secrets if you value your chastity even one tiny bit.

15. Sunshine Temple

I can say it'll be another 3 person illustration and have them in Legion flying armor or uniform

RogueInquisitor likes this.
  16. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

A 3 person illustration of some aged up and decidedly out of uniform demons would be an interesting companion piece for if/when the love triangle heats up.

17. FantasyKaleidoscope

FantasyKaleidoscope Novice writer

The chapter threadmarked as Chapter 4: Silver wings is just a copy of chapter five.

Got severely confused by that, thinking you'd skipped straight from the setup of the "incident" straight the the aftermath, and we'd get exposition flashbacks covering what happened. Than then the story just continued as normal, and I got even more confused until i reached chaper 5 for real and realised I'd already read it XD.

Just found this fic after going on a YS binge, and despite my confusion I'm very much enjoying the read.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  18. Sunshine Temple

Heh. There is some art in the work. Nothing quite so much as that, but the story is planned to have Tauria's career as it reaches heights.

Dang, sorry about that. Thanks for the heads up, it should be fixed now!

RogueInquisitor and Blehdg1 like this.
  19. Extras: Image Sketch: Tauria in Armor & updates
    Sunshine Temple

We've got a few great things today!

From FishTheTaco232 we have another great sketch.

This one is Tauria in profile with her and her armor,

[​IMG]

And we've got some flags.

From WrandmWaffles we have this great flag for House BlackSky.

[​IMG]

There are also a couple variants for patches and vehicle mounts

I pyt my hand and put in a draft version of House Alecto's flag.

[​IMG]

The other great houses will have flags and heraldry made for them in time as well.

I also posted the final chapter to Our Sister, the Idiot. Which connects to the whole collected set of stories involving these Diyu Demons.
    (Specifically it's part of the Dresden Files branch started with Blood Debts).

I'm also 3k words into ch11 of Little Demon, and have a few other art pieces in progress. Including one that has Tauria and her two faovrite people with names starting with Vi.

20. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

There's a joke to be made about boob armor here being the only thing giving Tanya tits, but she's like 12 rn isn't she so it's less of a burn and a bit more expected.

21. Guardian Box

Weird brainfart I just had, but...

What if all armor is boob armor, in preparation and expectation of it being filled in as the demon grows up?

Except, no one ever does, but everyone feels really embarrassed about it. In truth, all the demon girls are flat as a washboard, but the cultural impetus to be seen as having big tits is there, strong as ever. Therefore, all the boob armors, push-up bras, and whatever else ya got.

A massive lie that demon girls have big boobs instead of being flat, perpetuated by societal shame and cultural inertia, where everyone pretends to have massive, soft and pliable titties... when no one really does, and is just acting like they do.

Here's the twist:

Enter Visha, with an actual, real and fully-natural massive pair of knockers. No wonder Tauria wanted the girl on her squad, those things on her chest are truly a weapon to surpass Ritual Plate.

22. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

Naturally Tauria is completely oblivious to this whilst Visha flaunts her tits when she figures things out.

May or maynot result in marshmallow heaven for our favorite dense as fuck cinnamon roll.

23. Sunshine Temple

I mean... that's not quite how it is. As there have been other stories with this kind of succubae and succubae are still shape-shifters.

But it is correct that the armor is aesthetically shaped that way for a reason. because succubae.
    Overall with social things you can bet on Tauria being totally oblivious.
    See how she had no idea that hitting people with her tail might have social implications.

But she's already been *gasp* holding hands with Visha. Much to VioletBlood's annoyance.

24. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

Taurina does have two hands.

All Violetblood has to do is just

kinda

reach over and grab it.

Maybe not in view of Visha unless she wants to start shit.

25. Sunshine Temple

That is the question. And just how clueless Tauria is over it all. And what she wants to get out of it.

26. chrnno

chrnno Time Traveller

I don't know if it is the sadist side of me or just finding the idea really funny and fitting, but I sorta want Tauria to go through her vague plan of eventually joining her Mother Clementia's order and taking a vow of chastity rather happy on how it sorted the whole thingy out really easy. Something in her lives going well through without further complications for once! Pay no attention to the two Vis shocked on the background.

27. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

She has already discussed the merits of a purely transactional relationship with Violetblood with the girl herself which does sorta touch on some of the things that Tauria would want but there is also the other things that she likes like indulging her personal vices and setting herself up for a comfortable existence. Which both girls would separately contribute different levels of different things she wants.

28. Sunshine Temple

Heh, that is a way for her to avoid it, but then she has to take vows of poverty and the like and avoid the estates due to her as a countess!

I guess it depends on how greedy Tauria is.

That is very true. Tauria was a "we'll talk about it later" with her. And the question is if VioletBlood would be happy with such a relationship in the future. Then again Legate Tauria might just have a force of personality to have both her Vi's

29. Rymu

Rymu Connoisseur.

I kinda hope she does. Not only is the overall dynamic thus far between the trio looking like something that would evolve into something really enteratining from the inside and outside perspectives but she also has kinda earned it and seeing her dense little brain realize both that she has two girls that want her and that she could have both would be amazing.

30. Sunshine Temple

It does have a lot of future potential. As Tanya grappling with happiness is always amusing.