• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Upcoming Pruning of Dead Accounts

Is there a way to check if I've done the e-mail verification?

'cause I have no clue if I have or not. If I have, it was a WHILE ago.
See below:
If you haven't, you can't post. Ergo, if you have any posts the software clearly thinks you're registered.
No accounts that have ever made any posts will be deleted. All posts will remain on the forum.
You're good.

The drawbacks of sites that require login to check things out ,(not meant as a criticism) is alot of people making an account out of curiosity to see what its like and for whatever their reason losing intrest or not finding content to their liking.

In one week, on August 7th, 2020, I will be purging all accounts that meet one of a set of specific criteria.
You should probably reword this; the current phrasing makes it sound like any one of the individual criteria (rather than all of one of the sets) gets you pruned, which is why you're getting a deluge of people posting here who didn't need to.

According to the OP, just having logged in at any point in the past year suffices to keep your account unpruned.

RIP lurkers.

I'd willing to bet 4 internet cookies a third of those accounts are typical churn and the rest are one-off accounts to access NSFW,

I meant the known ones, the ones whose walls are memorials. I'm not stupid enough to think the mods can tell if most of the accounts belong to dead people or not.

But those people have posts and completed email registration. Therefore while the users are dead, the accounts wouldn't count as dead under the criteria in the first post.

so this is completely hypothetical because i have posted things in the past year and i think i can remember logging in after like a power outage or something but for Set A i noticed one of the bullet points was not logging in in the past year and i cant remember EVER voluntarily hitting the logout button and then logging back in so does being logged in and active count for that or do i need to actually log out and in for it to count as a log in?

Okay, asking the real questions here:

Will we have enough accounts left to flex on our sister sites about how many users we have and sneer at them smugly?

Pruning roughly 14.5k'll drop us to the bottom numbers wise, but I can't recall such a purge happening recently for SV or SB. So they'll be the new hive of scum, villainy and dead accounts, while we'll be the glorious active account master race, take pride in our active account superiority. :V

Pruning roughly 14.5k'll drop us to the bottom numbers wise, but I can't recall such a purge happening recently for SV or SB. So they'll be the new hive of scum, villainy and dead accounts, while we'll be the glorious active account master race, take pride in our active account superiority. :V
Awesome news then. Being justified in being condescendingly smug about shite like this towards thousands of people on other sites is the best news I had all month.

Well, since I can't recall if I've ever posted with this thing and am a mildly paranoid sort, I'll drop a deuce in this thread to mark my existence. I made this account and one for AH at the same time. This is the one that's still "Active". Funny how that works, isn't it?

so this is completely hypothetical because i have posted things in the past year and i think i can remember logging in after like a power outage or something but for Set A i noticed one of the bullet points was not logging in in the past year and i cant remember EVER voluntarily hitting the logout button and then logging back in so does being logged in and active count for that or do i need to actually log out and in for it to count as a log in?
Each visit of the site is a log in. Whether you manually needed to enter your credentials or your cookie settings passed the check automatically, each visit is a new log in. Each time you visit the next page in a thread, a log in. Each time you change to a new subforum, a log in. Every post, a log in. If an action loads a new page with your account active, it's a log in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back