• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Wandersong a cutesy game where you are a bard who helps people and make friends with the magic of music!

Speedrunners- Oh so I only need to know the songs?

Dev- Yes

Turns out doing that only gives you a bad end because gee wezz you helped NOBODY and went against the very themes of the game

I laughed a bit
Any% at its funest.

I am at the end of elden ring. I have enough and I am using the mimic tear. I used it on Mogh, Hoarah and Milenia and will use it on Ragadon.
I regret that there no middle ground. Either I am not using it and I will pass several hours on each boss (something that I no longer want) or I am using it and the boss are trivialized.

I am at the end of elden ring. I have enough and I am using the mimic tear. I used it on Mogh, Hoarah and Milenia and will use it on Ragadon.
I regret that there no middle ground. Either I am not using it and I will pass several hours on each boss (something that I no longer want) or I am using it and the boss are trivialized.

That's the thing with Soulsborne/Soulslike and other games

You can have many different builds

But the simplest and most practical ways are the best if you don't want to spend too much time playing

Frankly, I barely ever used magic spells, because it wasn't something easily replenished and because restoring it would better be used for restoring your health

I just melee my opponents and dodge as needed since I am bad with parrying

That's the thing with Soulsborne/Soulslike and other games

You can have many different builds

But the simplest and most practical ways are the best if you don't want to spend too much time playing

Frankly, I barely ever used magic spells, because it wasn't something easily replenished and because restoring it would better be used for restoring your health

I just melee my opponents and dodge as needed since I am bad with parrying
yeah... took me until Malenia to realize you could squeeze more dmg out of your character by switching for a better weapon and using these whetblades you find all over the place. Like, I tried to beat her with a Lordsworn Greatsword. Used a Banished Knight Greatsword with Blood slapped on and threw ice jar, that did the trick.

yeah... took me until Malenia to realize you could squeeze more dmg out of your character by switching for a better weapon and using these whetblades you find all over the place. Like, I tried to beat her with a Lordsworn Greatsword. Used a Banished Knight Greatsword with Blood slapped on and threw ice jar, that did the trick.

For me, rate of attack helps a lot, which is why I like twinblades

First attack helps lead to the second and on and on

6yxkc6ajvb7.jpg

My physical Deluxe Edition of Baldur's Gate 3 arrived a few days ago, any non-spoiler advice before I begin?

My physical Deluxe Edition of Baldur's Gate 3 arrived a few days ago, any non-spoiler advice before I begin?
I'd suggest Bard as your starting class. Both because none of your other companions are of that class so you won't feel redundant, and also because it gives you access to the Speak with Animals spell right out the gate, which can result in all manner of shenanigans over the course of the game.

I'd suggest Bard as your starting class. Both because none of your other companions are of that class so you won't feel redundant, and also because it gives you access to the Speak with Animals spell right out the gate, which can result in all manner of shenanigans over the course of the game.
Sorcerer is another solid pick for classes without duping. You'll have some overlap with Gale as arcane spell casters, but more spell casters is not necessarily a bad thing. Bard is good though.

Get a digital copy to better preserve the collector's value of your physical box.
Seconding the above advice to get Speak With Animals. Larian loves their animal conversations, they're all good stuff. If you don't want to be a caster of some sort there's a good few ways you can get scrolls/potions to do the same job. Each character can only benefit from a single elixir (long term potion effect, lasts until a long rest) at a time though, in case you ever decide to use, say, the hill giant strength and speak to animals elixirs at the same time. The one will overwrite the other.

Last edited:

What cantrips/spells are good for my Bard? I'm level 2 right now. (I wound up making a Drow Bard, I've already had 2 people recoil in fear)

Last edited:
What cantrips/spells are good for my Bard? I'm level 2 right now. (I wound up making a Drow Bard, I've already had 2 people recoil in fear)
Friends is the big one. The ability to get advantage on dialogue checks, combined with your bard's already high Charisma score means that unless you get really unlucky or the check is absurdly high, you'll probably pass most dialogue checks. Vicious Mockery is another good one. The damage is low, but it inflicts a debuff to force the target to take their next attack at disadvantage. Most of the other cantrips are a bit niche, though I've had some luck with using Minor Illusion to distract foes pre-combat to bunch them all up for an AOE spell like Shatter or Fireball.

bae.gif

CONSCRIPT

Resident Evil inspired survival horror set in the trenches of Verdun during the first World War. There are no zombies here, the only monster is man's inhumanity to man. It's great! Debut game by solo developer Jordan Mochi.

CONSCRIPT

Resident Evil inspired survival horror set in the trenches of Verdun during the first World War. There are no zombies here, the only monster is man's inhumanity to man. It's great! Debut game by solo developer Jordan Mochi.
Sounds like something Treble would adore except for the "playing as a frenchie" part.

You know, if EDF 6 is the last one it'll be a hell of a high note because goddamn fucking crashing aside, it's a fucken amazing game. It was an absolute blast to play and the story was even more batshit than 5's.

So the Primers are Martians from 100000 years in the future. One day, they got curious about why Earth was full of giant mutant creatures, because all the monsters except for the gray aliens were mutated animals from the future, and decided to travel back to the past to see what it was like.

There they met ancient humans who worshiped them as gods for a while before they decided to fuck of back to Mars. Only one of their ships crashed. When it was eventually discovered by humanity and the EDF was formed in response, the Primers realized they'd accidentally altered the course of history and came to make sure humanity went extinct.

Fast forward to the end of the war, after multiple time loops where you, Storm 1, and science buddy keep going back. He brings tech and info and you get better and better at fighting until you're basically a demigod on the battlefield.
Final loop and you've finally got the tools and talent to wipe out the Primers, eventually destroying the time machine at a time where the freak accident won't occur again. You do that, after an obnoxious ten bagillion particle effect fight, and something else pops out of a time portal even though the machine is destroyed.

The Primers went for help from their own future and sent back a new time machine: a giant fucking dragon ship thing. Blow its face off and there's "God" except he's huge now. The EDF command decides fuck it launch the back up plan. The back up plan being launch a bomb full of unimaginable amounts of toxins and pollutants to render Mars forever uninhabitable.

This causes a time paradox and science buddy theorizes the Primers haven't disappeared yet because "God" was chosen by time, which is alive apparently, as an embodiment of their species. He figures Storm 1 is the embodiment of humanity so one of them has to go to fix time. "God" dies and the Primers all poof away.

You know, if EDF 6 is the last one it'll be a hell of a high note because goddamn fucking crashing aside, it's a fucken amazing game. It was an absolute blast to play and the story was even more batshit than 5's.

So the Primers are Martians from 100000 years in the future. One day, they got curious about why Earth was full of giant mutant creatures, because all the monsters except for the gray aliens were mutated animals from the future, and decided to travel back to the past to see what it was like.

There they met ancient humans who worshiped them as gods for a while before they decided to fuck of back to Mars. Only one of their ships crashed. When it was eventually discovered by humanity and the EDF was formed in response, the Primers realized they'd accidentally altered the course of history and came to make sure humanity went extinct.

Fast forward to the end of the war, after multiple time loops where you, Storm 1, and science buddy keep going back. He brings tech and info and you get better and better at fighting until you're basically a demigod on the battlefield.
Final loop and you've finally got the tools and talent to wipe out the Primers, eventually destroying the time machine at a time where the freak accident won't occur again. You do that, after an obnoxious ten bagillion particle effect fight, and something else pops out of a time portal even though the machine is destroyed.

The Primers went for help from their own future and sent back a new time machine: a giant fucking dragon ship thing. Blow its face off and there's "God" except he's huge now. The EDF command decides fuck it launch the back up plan. The back up plan being launch a bomb full of unimaginable amounts of toxins and pollutants to render Mars forever uninhabitable.

This causes a time paradox and science buddy theorizes the Primers haven't disappeared yet because "God" was chosen by time, which is alive apparently, as an embodiment of their species. He figures Storm 1 is the embodiment of humanity so one of them has to go to fix time. "God" dies and the Primers all poof away.
Sounds about right for EDF.

While that's pretty out there for most EDF games, it's only slightly beyond the zaniness of World Brothers. Then again, World Brothers is the game that is explicitly about being a wacky Minecraft-styled excuse for a crossover between all the past games that isn't afraid to break the fourth wall (especially when some of the Insect Armageddon cast shows up; then again, the dev for World Brothers also did Insect Armageddon and Iron Rain).

Also World Brothers 2 gets a English release late next month, and I'm rather pleased about it.

Clearing out my Humble backlog.

Played ClusterTruck which is pretty fun. Old-school level-based "Why?" "Why not?" design. You jump from truck to truck as they run through increasingly wacky worlds with increasingly wacky obstacles. The abilities you can buy are silly. Some of the 'the floor is lava' rules are your enemy more than the actual tricks, because if you even nudge anything besides the trucks it kills you, even walls. I decided I had better things to spend my time on than the final level, after probably fifty tries before I got the first hit and realized I needed to do it all over again but harder- and checkpoints aren't a thing.

Started playing Kill it With Fire, wherein you destroy spiders with everything you can imagine and a few things you can't. I'm particularly fond of the C4. Only problem is the game makes me motion sick if I try to play for half an hour straight. For some reason slow-walking games do that to me- I can play shit like DOOM where you're leaping all over the place and Half Life where you're running for your life for hours, but make me go at a slow walk and my stomach churns.

Got Batman: Arkham VR from one of our generous fellows over in the Game Give-Aways thread.

My response to receiving the game:

Thank you very much!

My response after playing the game:

Nevermind. Don't thank you very much. No offense, but I'm sad you paid for that and glad it was you instead of me.

Took me all of thirty minutes- didn't even bother searching for the secrets, but the game was so tiny and boring I don't care to. I think, without all the required 'cutscenes' you could complete the entire game in thirty seconds.

This is a demo masquerading as a twenty dollar game. The only thing to recommend it is the graphics. It's a fucking showpiece.

Been slowly binging through the thread, finally reached the end...

First off
So there is a game I am trying to remember the name of. Its a dungeon crawler with visual novel elements, had a karma meter between light and dark with respective waifus (blond angel and red haired demon doctor) with you cast as "god". Game had a golden ending for both waifus that required you to get the endings for both of them first. Any of the folks here know the name? its been bugging me for a long while now.
Have you ever managed to fond out what the game is? Because the description got me curious...

On a different note...
Picked up Bakery from the steam sale (got it wishlisted at some point in the past, saw it was on sale and went "why not").
Entered completely blind, knowing fuckall beside the fact it happens in the gfl universe, had no expectations beside hoping it'll fill the turnbased squad battle game itch...and it fucking delivered.
Love the game so far. Got through chapters 1 (did not see that ending coming) and 2(DID NOT SEE THAT ENDING COMING), only starting 3 today, so far only had time to do the first mission, looking forward to continuing when i come home....
Only got one/two questions wrt the game so far, and seeing as you guys clearly cleared it @Megaolix @Guardian Box are there any achievements tied specifically to challenge mode/can you start the new game+ on higher difficulties like challenge/challenge+? Started my first playhrough on standard as the last time i played a turn based squad based game was XCOM...about 5 years ago...
(also, please no spoilers for anything in the upcoming chapters, managed to go completely blind into everything so far and it's an incredibly refreshing experience for me)

Only got one/two questions wrt the game so far, and seeing as you guys clearly cleared it @Megaolix @Guardian Box are there any achievements tied specifically to challenge mode/can you start the new game+ on higher difficulties like challenge/challenge+? Started my first playhrough on standard as the last time i played a turn based squad based game was XCOM...about 5 years ago...
Last I checked, all achievements can be done on NG+ unless, of course, some are difficulty-related. If you start on normal, you obviously are not getting achievement for Challenge unless you started on Challenge. But you could do NG+ on Challenge.

Also, have fun. And on that side, how much have you enjoyed Hell's Paradise? Heh.

As for the game you asked about, let me look a second, I know what it is, I just forgot the title.

Edit: Found it. It's The Awakened Fate Ultimatum

Last edited:
Have you ever managed to fond out what the game is? Because the description got me curious...
I did actually find it browsing through the PS3 games in the PSN classics catalog when I was trying to figure out if it was worth getting the fancy PSN subscription. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum.

There are no achievements you can't get on normal mode. I recommend NG+ for achievement hunting once you finish the game and get decent equipment.

Challenge Mode is for challenging yourself, you can 100% the game on standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back