• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Some of you might be familiar with the Madness Combat series, the cool flash animations made by Krinkels with a lot of hyper violence. Some of you may also be familiar with Madness Interactive which was one of the original flash games based on that series. Well you'll be pleased to learn that Madness Interactive Reloaded is now a thing that's available and man is it cool:

View: https://youtu.be/NyICbvj3kUM?si=utRj02c-XbkQewxY

Around that Yeah....

But, the main draw is Co-oP mode, they already posted roadmap promising new weapons, classes and coop missions.

Plus those missions happen during Campaign, cause Titus can't be everywhere at once.

I`m surprised how light the main story customization is; co-op has multiple classes you can chose, how hard would it be to just give Phobos a jetpack (Vanguard and Sniper), or make Gravis (Heavy)? Feels like the main strength of them introducing the various gameplay variants is lost if you can`t use them on the main game itself.

I am playing Ar Tonelico 1. I am at the begining of phase 1.
I wonder which route I should chose. The most logic should be Misha, but I am not convinced.

Was looking for another time-wasting phone game the other day, wound up downloading Cat Fantasy.

Ironically it doesn't run that good on my phone, but I can play for fifteen to thirty minutes before the lag starts, and there's a PC client too so I can go back and forth.

Cutesy Catgirl Collecting Gacha game, right?

Nope. The story is pretty fucking dark. They're doing that thing where they make it obvious you have no clue what's actually going on while drip-feeding you the actual situation... mostly by murdering the shit out of any lead you get when it looks like they might actually tell you something. Not to mention Catto City's administration being hip-deep in the conspiracy, trying to keep you away from the operations you're trying to investigate. While you've had a prophetic dream and are in communication with some kind of cat-goddess city founder, letting you know the city just fucking explodes in... I think the counter starts at 141 days. And said cat-goddess is slowly being corrupted so you're going to have to fight her eventually.

It's fully voiced in Japanese, besides your character, and the characters in your story party are all pretty interesting- Asura's got a lot of depth especially, tied up in the plot, Echo's definitely kind of a brat and we keep hearing about her school rivalries with the people we're either working with or against. Shiro's an early AI, still forming a real personality. Minami's... well, Misato Katsuragi. Early Misato anyway, we haven't gotten to the trauma part if it's there yet.

The character designs are all pretty cool, and either sexy or cute.

It's a bit feature-bloated, and drip-feeding those features with story progression, which is a bit annoying. The banner gacha currency they're extremely stingy with, but seem pretty generous with the standard banner currency so far. Gameplay is standard JRPG stuff with a card-combining twist, a bit fun as long as you don't overdo it. Does auto-battle, though poorly, best for climbing that damn tower without paying attention. There's Raid tickets too, so you don't have to play the same resource stages over and over.

Fishing minigame is actually kinda fun and not frustrating at all- so far as the second fishing hole, anyway. Don't forget to upgrade your rod, reel, and line when you get to new areas though.

What's this game about anyways? All I know about it is that it came out around the same time as Wuthering Waves, which I also don't know anything about.
Snowbreak is a year older than that. More like it became more known around there. But in short...

3rd person shooter gacha game. In a not-so-great future, you work for the corpo and lead a special team, being promoted from how MC was the security team leader before.

Now, I'll grant you this much: First 10 chapters? Big meh. Bad. They do the initial typical stuff of things happening around you and MC not being able to do much to stop it. Think like, say, initial chapters of GFL or initial chapters and Interludes from FGO. Holy shit those sucked if you think back about it and compare to today.

Then the devs clearly decided to change and the story shift to the board of your corpo being overthrown after they try to backstab the MC and since the clear story shift, story quality got way up. But not only quality, they clearly decided to go all in on fanservice, as you probably saw in the trailer above. It's also a game that had the balls to call a wedding a wedding and put a ring on waifus instead of teasing around it.

Not only that, hey clearly hang around fan boards to hear from players as they did implement things some players really wanted and discused.

It went from a game that was coming close to EoS to making bank. It's how big a shift it underwent.

Last edited:
Sounds like another satisfied customer. :V

...And now, hours after that, I pulled her.

"Did he get a good look at his heart?"

"I don't think so. Pull it out again."

EDIT:

"He wasn't looking, do it AGAIN!"

Also also: the event minigame is the most stressful fucking thing I swear to god. The Nekopara stuff is cute though. Not rolling for them because the currency is so rare, but the story is cute and having Cacao as practically free and starting at Level 50 is NICE.

Last edited:
Snowbreak is a year older than that. More like it became more known around there. But in short...

3rd person shooter gacha game. In a not-so-great future, you work for the corpo and lead a special team, being promoted from how MC was the security team leader before.

Now, I'll grant you this much: First 10 chapters? Big meh. Bad. They do the initial typical stuff of things happening around you and MC not being able to do much to stop it. Think like, say, initial chapters of GFL or initial chapters and Interludes from FGO. Holy shit those sucked if you think back about it and compare to today.

Then the devs clearly decided to change and the story shift to the board of your corpo being overthrown after they try to backstab the MC and since the clear story shift, story quality got way up. But not only quality, they clearly decided to go all in on fanservice, as you probably saw in the trailer above. It's also a game that had the balls to call a wedding a wedding and put a ring on waifus instead of teasing around it.

Not only that, hey clearly hang around fan boards to hear from players as they did implement things some players really wanted and discused.

It went from a game that was coming close to EoS to making bank. It's how big a shift it underwent.
Gameplay quality is also a lot better post chapter 10. The boss fights are a heck of a lot more interesting and you get more interesting levels with unique objectives and methods of handling them.

Also, can't forget that while they run the 50/50 banners, they also offer a 100% banner.

And enough free currency that once you get the grinding going, pulling one new girl per update is hardly impossible.

Heck, the second new girl they displayed? They're giving her for FREE too.

Also, can't forget that while they run the 50/50 banners, they also offer a 100% banner.

And enough free currency that once you get the grinding going, pulling one new girl per update is hardly impossible.

Heck, the second new girl they displayed? They're giving her for FREE too.
I remember too while playing you get one of the existing ones you can choose for free too.

Someone recommend me a nice fanservicey cellphone game, gacha or otherwise. I've been trying out a few new games to kill time at work but Nikke is a grimdark mess whose story isn't any fun whatsoever and Zenless Zone Zero is great on PC but feels awful with those dogshit touchscreen controls.

Someone recommend me a nice fanservicey cellphone game, gacha or otherwise. I've been trying out a few new games to kill time at work but Nikke is a grimdark mess whose story isn't any fun whatsoever and Zenless Zone Zero is great on PC but feels awful with those dogshit touchscreen controls.
Cat Fantasy and Snowbreak.

Honkai 3rd has very good DMC-inspired action gameplay (to the point of borrowing some movesets wholesale), especially on PC with a controller, but its gacha is dogshit.

So you pulled the featured character on a banner? Congratulations. Now pull for her signature gear too, on a different banner, or she won't get you very far. The equipment banners for Part 2 characters all guarantee you their gear in 60 pulls max ("the synergy mechanic isn't real and can't hurt you"), but Part 1 and 1.5 banners had no such guarantee and many of those characters are still relevant in the endgame ranked modes that are 95% of actual gameplay after you catch up with the main story.

(If it's any consolation, the power creep is consistent enough that the Part 1 and 1.5 characters will be obsoleted within about 10-12 more patches, tops. But that's a different core problem with the gacha game model.)

Additionally, events are very rarely rerun, and not on a predictable schedule like Arknights' Y+0 first run, Y+1 rerun, Y+2 record restoration. I started three years ago and the earlier events in the main "Captainverse" side-event saga (completely separate from the main story) were never rerun in that time nor viewable by any means in-game. Part 2's event stories take place alongside the main story, fleshing out the characters' downtime... and similarly haven't been viewable in-game after their time ran out.

HI3rd also has excellent waifu designs (as you'd expect from Hoyo) but the action gameplay is the main draw.

Last edited:
Dunno if their other games are the same, but playing Genshin, I have to wonder if the story in other Hoyo games are also... a convoluted mess, so to speak.

Like, sure, main story usually pull its weight, but a good deal of characters stories and even more event story are, say, shit you will forget once it's immediately out of sight and will never be brought up again, so to say.

Last edited:
Dunno if their other games are the same, but playing Genshin, I have to wonder if the story in other Hoyo games are also... a convoluted mess, so to speak.

Like, sure, main story usually pull its weight, but a good deal of characters stories and even more event story are, say, shit you will forget once it's immeditaely out of sight and will never be brought up again, so to say.
The string of retcons toward the end of Part 1 did indeed draw a lot of controversy. There was a writing-room shakeup around that time, and they also realized that they'd written themselves into a corner by starting the sequel story APHO so early. Part 2 hasn't had that issue yet though.

Like, sure, main story usually pull its weight, but a good deal of characters stories and even more event story are, say, shit you will forget once it's immeditaely out of sight and will never be brought up again, so to say.
Z3 has been pretty straightforward so far, although it's only been out since, like, July I think? So plenty of room for it to get really weird.

The bits I played of HI3's main story were pretty convoluted but very worthwhile. I can't help but love a story that lets you punch tragedy in the face.

The bit I did of Star Rail was about that too.

Like, sure, main story usually pull its weight, but a good deal of characters stories and even more event story are, say, shit you will forget once it's immediately out of sight and will never be brought up again, so to say.
If you keep playing inferior japanese or chinese games instead of partaking in the superior korean master race adventure, well, you can't blame anyone else for your lacking experience. Only one person is truly responsible for that.

55f7tg.png

play limpipi compini

Last edited:

I played Figure Fantasy for a while. TL;DR: Toy Story but with waifus. Your gacha is literally figurine blind boxes. "You" are just some guy that can see them move for some reason- I didn't get far enough in the story to figure out exactly why that was special, I think. Story was very mysterious and convoluted, villains were using some kind of mysterious paint that made other figurines go berserk. Paint has the memories, so having it removed or covered really screws with the figurine's heads.

It was pretty interesting but eventually all the 9 million required daily tasks dragged on me and I think I hit a roadblock in story mode? Or just got bored with the back-and-forth.

IN THE NAME OF SNAUST AND TANYA-SAMA
She knows.
mhjroi.png

I honestly think Limbus broke me, in some small way at least.

Now? I don't want any fanservice with my gacha. I care not for sexy .png's, I don't crave waifus, and sure as heck I'm not paying premium for .jpg's.

I just want a decent story. The continuation of the tale the studio started already. I'm looking forward to new story segments about the Sinners because so far it's been a very enjoyable ride, and I wish for it to continue forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back