• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

One Lonely Outpost is Stardew-like on a new planet. Was iffy when I played it,

EDIT: Stupid fat fingers.

but that was right as EA opened up. You get new colonists and stuff though, building a town.

Though my very first thought was Dark Cloud. Not a farming/town running game, but you do literally put the towns that got blown away back together.

I am not sure if it's done before

But a Post-Apocalyptic Farming Sim and/or Civilization rebuilding, sounds nice

The Enclave come in, not to commit genocide, but to take a good portion of your produce whilst legally recognizing the settlement and protecting it from raiders that were attacking

Know any games involving creating a new town
Ni No Kuni 2 and Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists both have city building elements blended into JRPGs. Nelke is part of the larger Atelier franchise and Ni No Kuni 2 is Ghibli related. Pathfinder Kingmaker has an entire kingdom management layer that I'll be honest I did not get that far into to play with much if at all.
Or reviving a broken down one?
There's Harvest Moon: Light of Hope. It's not a game I've played but had heard good things about. It is however a farming sim and so not sure if it's up your alley specifically. Coral Island also has some of that but it is another farming simulator and so again not sure it'd be your thing.

There might be others I'm not thinking of but that's what immediately comes to mind.
Though my very first thought was Dark Cloud. Not a farming/town running game, but you do literally put the towns that got blown away back together.
I also thought of Dark Cloud but it was less city buildery and more like a puzzle when it came to those mechanics? I guess it counts though.

Last edited:
I also thought of Dark Cloud but it was less city buildery and more like a puzzle when it came to those mechanics? I guess it counts though.

I wouldn't say it is exactly either, but the interactions with the townsfolk once you rebuild their houses does push it closer to that.

It would've been interesting if the 100% completion/arrangement rewards were parties with the whole town instead of quick rewards.

I am not sure if it's done before

But a Post-Apocalyptic Farming Sim and/or Civilization rebuilding, sounds nice

The Enclave come in, not to commit genocide, but to take a good portion of your produce whilst legally recognizing the settlement and protecting it from raiders that were attacking
Amazingly enough, there is a Fallout mod for that: Sim Settlements 2 for Fallout 4. It's less of an overhaul of the Settlement system and more of near total conversion complete with its own storyline, characters, and full content patches. In fact yesterday the team released their 3.4 update; Weapons of Mass Destruction, with a trailer during Bethesda's Fallout Day presentation.

View: https://youtu.be/hylYUCaRw5Q?si=2QKBOp4YuD8Wp1mS

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back