• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

RoboCop Rogue City is good civilization.

Teyon once again show they watched the original source and understood the essence of what makes RoboCop really RoboCop.

And I'm playing this as a pirate.

Shader optimization needs to be worked with ASAP.

That's a shame. If you have the money you should support developers who put in a genuine effort to make a good product.
That's a fair argument and I agree with it. However, piracy is still necessary because 1) with the steam refund policy many games start to suck after 2 hours and 2) the good ol days of "try before you buy" with demos are a fading memory.
A personal example: I was relucant on buying Cult of the Lamb. Then I found the devs offered a demo. I played, decided the gameplay was to my tasted, and bought the game.

My point is, piracy would be a lot lower if people could try games more conveniently before comitting money.

That's a fair argument and I agree with it. However, piracy is still necessary because 1) with the steam refund policy many games start to suck after 2 hours and 2) the good ol days of "try before you buy" with demos are a fading memory.
A personal example: I was relucant on buying Cult of the Lamb. Then I found the devs offered a demo. I played, decided the gameplay was to my tasted, and bought the game.

My point is, piracy would be a lot lower if people could try games more conveniently before comitting money.
Except in this case RoboCop had a demo.

That's a shame. If you have the money you should support developers who put in a genuine effort to make a good product.

It's bitter experience for me to find out that after the first level and perhaps the second mission, the suckage shows in most games.

I did my pirating as a form of try before you buy thing. That's how some of my Steam games end up as.

Sure, there is a demo for RoboCop, but demos are time limited and then disappear quickly after a week or two.

By the time I wanted to buy the game, I was hooked already and now I'm on the Detroit open world at day, the level where I meet the Old Man for the first time.

So I'm waiting until the discount comes next Summer Sale, because I am midgame now, dealing with Max Becker's robots in the warehouse.

I recently picked up a Touhou fan game called "Artificial Dream in Arcadia" and I'm having a blast with it. It's an old school Dungeon RPG in the style of Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2. It follows Sumireko who can visit Gensokyou in her dreams as she tries to resolve a crisis in which copies of the residents called "Sleepers" appear. Just like SMT you capture and fuse Sleepers to fill out your party and create other sleepers like Yuugi and Utsuho. I have about 2 hours so far but I've had a blast with the SNES game design and brutal old school DRPG style of the game. If you're a fan of Etrian Odyssey or SMT I recommend grabbing it. It's not expensive either at $10 when not on sale.

I recently picked up a Touhou fan game called "Artificial Dream in Arcadia" and I'm having a blast with it. It's an old school Dungeon RPG in the style of Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2. It follows Sumireko who can visit Gensokyou in her dreams as she tries to resolve a crisis in which copies of the residents called "Sleepers" appear. Just like SMT you capture and fuse Sleepers to fill out your party and create other sleepers like Yuugi and Utsuho. I have about 2 hours so far but I've had a blast with the SNES game design and brutal old school DRPG style of the game. If you're a fan of Etrian Odyssey or SMT I recommend grabbing it. It's not expensive either at $10 when not on sale.
I've been a little curious about how people can just, publish and sell these fangames without running into copyright or trademark laws. Is ZUN just that lenient or what?

Finally I get to play as an undead roman centurion or at least some undead roman with the tattered roman crested helmet just like Pious Augustus from eternal darkness.

You know, if I had a nickel for every game that let me play as undead romans I'd have two nickels. Which isn't much but it's weird that it's happened twice now.

What was the first one?
Dominions. A turn based strategy game that lets you play as several civilisations based on mythology. Early age Ermor is basically Rome around when christianity is taking over but it's in middle age when it gets spicy since that's when you get MA Ermor where backstory wise the empire was in civil war and one party conducted a ritual that unleashed death which resulted in everyone in that section dying and coming back as undead skeletons. So you get undead legionnaires mixed in with sacred undead knights and a god's dominion that kills the living. Pretty cool.

Late age meanwhile has Lemuria where one of the splinter groups that broke off from Ermor bit still used death magic accidentally caused a ghost apocalypse so now you have spectral roman undead goodness.

Fumihide Aoki, Waluigi's designer, revealed that he once suggested a Rival to Peach in the Mario Tennis Games but Nintendo turned the idea down

bd3.jpg

This gets legit funny because you can now, well sorta, make a canon evil rival team

3d5.jpg

Evil Yoshi is Boshi from Super Mario RPG. Known as Washi in the JP

*Toadette in Mario Party 6 is friends with Wario. You have team modes and they get unique names, hers with Wario is Secret Friends

Also this

D924COFXUAEMoGv.png

Last edited:
After pussy-footing around it for months, I finally decided to install the Yet Another Mechlab mod on Mechwarrior 5. I spent the last three hours just fucking around in Instant Action recreating my MW4:M MekTek favourites.

I'll be restarting the campaign with the mod on, that's for sure.

Remind me of Sword of Stars: The Pit and Underrail. I loved those, so I'm definitely checking this one out.

Been back to playing Victoria 3 recently, but one thing I haven't been able to figure out yet is how the 'Trade States' diplomacy action that PDX added in the newest patch is supposed to work. Every time I try to use it, it says I haven't set which states I want to trade, but I cannot find any function to do so. Help me out here?

The new GTA VI trailer dropped yesterday and I'm surprised no one here posted it here until now.

:eek:

It's look nice. But story will be bit stepdown. That dialouge sounds bland, trying to be serious. For me GTA is about ridiculous voilence and crime with health dose of self aware humor. Five really captured with their heist.

It's look nice. But story will be bit stepdown. That dialouge sounds bland, trying to be serious. For me GTA is about ridiculous voilence and crime with health dose of self aware humor. Five really captured with their heist.
Yep. GTAIV's attempt to be more dark and gritty compared to other games in the series is why I also consider it to be hands down the worst game in the series. Seeing them try to go a similar route with the sixth game is... not encouraging to say the least.

Yep. GTAIV's attempt to be more dark and gritty compared to other games in the series is why I also consider it to be hands down the worst game in the series. Seeing them try to go a similar route with the sixth game is... not encouraging to say the least.
Personally, I hope that story leak about how the latina chick is three fries short of a happy meal because of her boyfriend is true. It'd be a riot to witness.

Personally, I hope that story leak about how the latina chick is three fries short of a happy meal because of her boyfriend is true. It'd be a riot to witness.
Then again the whole thing is set in Flordia. It's impossible to covey self aware humor when the entire world looked at the trailer and went, "Yeah, that qualifies as a slow Tuesday for Florida."

I think it would be even funnier if Lucia was the Only Sane Woman in the game trying to figure out why the DOC decided to put her in a state sized insane asylum and called it a release.

Anyone know if we have a Dragon Quest thread?

I am trying to put together a list of unique rewards for the final floor bosses for Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince's Dungeon/Gym DLC.

This is what I got so far:

Bag o' Laughs and Bag 'o Tricks is +500 Gold, Calypso Mole drops a scroll for the Hottie Talent tree and the 'Menagerie' that includes a King Slime gives a scroll for a Talent tree that I don't remember off the top of my head.

Anyone know if we have a Dragon Quest thread?

I am trying to put together a list of unique rewards for the final floor bosses for Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince's Dungeon/Gym DLC.

This is what I got so far:

Bag o' Laughs and Bag 'o Tricks is +500 Gold, Calypso Mole drops a scroll for the Hottie Talent tree and the 'Menagerie' that includes a King Slime gives a scroll for a Talent tree that I don't remember off the top of my head.
I found one though it hasn't been active for a while:
https://forum.questionablequesting....-ideas-discussions-and-recommendations.21438/

Well, Steam just completely broke controller support, apparently. Even games that are supposed to support my PS4 controller now don't think I'm using it, and trying to re-align buttons in Steam Input... well, it's interpreting both my X and Square keys as Left Trigger, so I can't re-set them to the proper buttons.

In other words, it is, for the moment, completely fucked.

Well, Steam just completely broke controller support, apparently. Even games that are supposed to support my PS4 controller now don't think I'm using it, and trying to re-align buttons in Steam Input... well, it's interpreting both my X and Square keys as Left Trigger, so I can't re-set them to the proper buttons.

In other words, it is, for the moment, completely fucked.
Impressive.

Remember the TF2's Hat Incident?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back