• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

In other news, due to the Helldiver 2 community failing to complete the recent weekly mission, sexual reproduction privileges have been suspended.

the-helldivers-2-community-failed-the-recent-weekly-mission-v0-ya35c6znrxpc1.jpeg

Glory to Super Earth.

In other news, due to the Helldiver 2 community failing to complete the recent weekly mission, sexual reproduction privileges have been suspended.

the-helldivers-2-community-failed-the-recent-weekly-mission-v0-ya35c6znrxpc1.jpeg

Glory to Super Earth.
"You didn't kill enough bugs within the week, so I'm not giving you people any more Horny Licenses until you do."

"Is masturbation allowed tho?"

"Yeah what bout onaholes?"

"Can I fuck John at least? He looks damn good in a dress"

Glory to Super Earth.
the funniest thing to come out of this setting will still be the people who stan the bugs and robots that use the most evil voice mod available

"Is masturbation allowed tho?"

"Yeah what bout onaholes?"

"Can I fuck John at least? He looks damn good in a dress"
C-01 forms specify "any action that could result in the birth of a child" so those would all probably be okay. Though the CO would probably tell that last guy "you're on thin ice, cadet.".

the funniest thing to come out of this setting will still be the people who stan the bugs and robots that use the most evil voice mod available
That's probably because Helldivers, being a setting that doesn't exactly shy away from Super Earth being evil once you look past the jingoism, did in fact make both of them significantly more sympathetic than you'd normally expect.

The bugs have been repeatedly farmed and slaughtered en-mass by Super Earth for years or even decades prior to the start of the game, as a result of Super Earth realizing that the bugs rapidly decompose into oil when they die. It's also strongly implied that the current bug outbreaks are a result of A: Super Earth deliberately seeding dissident worlds with bugs in order to wipe out rebellious populations and give the helldivers an excuse to take over, and B: Super Earth's scientists playing fuck-fuck games with the bugs they were experimenting on, in ways that would make Umbrella Cooperation and Wayland-Yutani envious, leading to the bugs breaking out of captivity. The fact that the bugs don't seem to have spaceships of their own, let alone ways of going to FTL certainly implies that the bug outbreaks are orchestrated by Super Earth itself.

As for the automotons, they're also a lot more legitimately sympathetic than your average AI rebellion. Essentially, they're not so much rebelling, as they're instead waging war in order to rescue their creators, the cyborg faction from the first game. This naturally is putting them in conflict with Super Earth, since they've conquered the cyborgs, and have been actively working them to death in mining gulags.

It turns out that Super Earth, a jingoistic farce where elections consist of giving the populace facebook personality quizzes, before a government run algorithm chooses what political party you'll be voting for in your stead, isn't actually the good guys. Who knew? :p

Helldivers 2 has been an interesting experience. See, I loath online games. People are honestly the worst and they seem to like screwing me over in all sorts of interesting ways. But the community here has been pretty chill, the game itself is fairly fun. I've only had one moment where someone was a real dick. Bastard killed me to steal my shield.

I've honestly had a lot of fun. Course I'm kind of bored of it now but that's a me problem.

Anywho, off to try and beat Elden Ring again.

I love the game but I've never beaten the bloody thing.

I get lost too much and despite scouring the interwebs I still haven't found a good walkthrough.

That's probably because Helldivers, being a setting that doesn't exactly shy away from Super Earth being evil once you look past the jingoism, did in fact make both of them significantly more sympathetic than you'd normally expect.

The bugs have been repeatedly farmed and slaughtered en-mass by Super Earth for years or even decades prior to the start of the game, as a result of Super Earth realizing that the bugs rapidly decompose into oil when they die. It's also strongly implied that the current bug outbreaks are a result of A: Super Earth deliberately seeding dissident worlds with bugs in order to wipe out rebellious populations and give the helldivers an excuse to take over, and B: Super Earth's scientists playing fuck-fuck games with the bugs they were experimenting on, in ways that would make Umbrella Cooperation and Wayland-Yutani envious, leading to the bugs breaking out of captivity. The fact that the bugs don't seem to have spaceships of their own, let alone ways of going to FTL certainly implies that the bug outbreaks are orchestrated by Super Earth itself.

As for the automotons, they're also a lot more legitimately sympathetic than your average AI rebellion. Essentially, they're not so much rebelling, as they're instead waging war in order to rescue their creators, the cyborg faction from the first game. This naturally is putting them in conflict with Super Earth, since they've conquered the cyborgs, and have been actively working them to death in mining gulags.

It turns out that Super Earth, a jingoistic farce where elections consist of giving the populace facebook personality quizzes, before a government run algorithm chooses what political party you'll be voting for in your stead, isn't actually the good guys. Who knew? :p
Sounds like a bunch of undemocratic gobbledegook here. If you were a real patriot, you would just read up on the latest Ministry of Truth news feed.

Helldivers 2 has been an interesting experience. See, I loath online games. People are honestly the worst and they seem to like screwing me over in all sorts of interesting ways. But the community here has been pretty chill, the game itself is fairly fun. I've only had one moment where someone was a real dick. Bastard killed me to steal my shield.
I strongly suspect that the reason for this is because the game is 100% co-op, and doesn't have any form of PvP whatsoever. This means that there's no reason for players to compete against each other, which removes most of the reasons for people to become salty bitches at each other. Because of that, the vast majority of any rage or hostility the players might be feeling is directed at the bots/bugs/Joel instead of any other players.

I'm curious, where are you getting lost at? Is it one place in particular, or are you having trouble figuring out new areas and keep getting turned around?
The latter mostly. I've made it as far as beating Godrick but after that I just get lost in the freedom. Doesn't help that I want to do everyone's side quest.

I'm normally pretty ok with games like this but something about Elden Ring's open world just straight up intimidates me. Might be because of how lonely it is idk.

But yeah, on top of everything I get lost easily. As my teammates on Helldivers can attest.

The latter mostly. I've made it as far as beating Godrick but after that I just get lost in the freedom. Doesn't help that I want to do everyone's side quest.

I'm normally pretty ok with games like this but something about Elden Ring's open world just straight up intimidates me. Might be because of how lonely it is idk.

But yeah, on top of everything I get lost easily. As my teammates on Helldivers can attest.

Have you pressed the map button?

I don't mean to be condescending, and I'm truly sorry comes off as such, but the rest points have lines that point you in the general direction of where you're meant to go on the map. Once you beat Godrick you have two options, head over to Caelid and fight Radan, or grab the key by the Dragon in Liurnia and head to the school to beat Rennala. The pathing is kind of linear from there.

I don't mean to be condescending, and I'm truly sorry comes off as such, but the rest points have lines that point you in the general direction of where you're meant to go on the map. Once you beat Godrick you have two options, head over to Caelid and fight Radan, or grab the key by the Dragon in Liurnia and head to the school to beat Rennala. The pathing is kind of linear from there.
Nah, you don't come off as condescending. I think part of it was I was in a really bad headspace the last few times I tried to play this game.

Gonna be real, my anxiety was completely out of control. I'm better now, which is why I wanted to give this another go.

Nah, you don't come off as condescending. I think part of it was I was in a really bad headspace the last few times I tried to play this game.

Gonna be real, my anxiety was completely out of control. I'm better now, which is why I wanted to give this another go.
Exploring is great, encouraged even, because the main bosses are usually a few level higher than you'd expect, Like Margitt being an easier fight when you're around level 15-20, but I get how easy it is to get lost in the world when there aren't any real barriers stopping you. I ended up on the path to Leyndell, and even beat the Tree Sentinels there, before even beating the required amount of Demigods to get in. The main pathing after Godrick, not accounting for side areas and missions, is Liurnia and/or Caelid > Atlus Plaeau> Leyndell> Mountaintops of the Giants> Farum Azula> back to Leyndell, and that's it. Of course side areas and quests are recommended because you'll end up 20-30 levels under leveled if you don't explore at least a little. But basically as long as you keep that general pathing in mind for primary story bosses, you should be able to get through okay.

Exploring is great, encouraged even, because the main bosses are usually a few level higher than you'd expect, Like Margitt being an easier fight when you're around level 15-20, but I get how easy it is to get lost in the world when there aren't any real barriers stopping you. I ended up on the path to Leyndell, and even beat the Tree Sentinels there, before even beating the required amount of Demigods to get in. The main pathing after Godrick, not accounting for side areas and missions, is Liurnia and/or Caelid > Atlus Plaeau> Leyndell> Mountaintops of the Giants> Farum Azula> back to Leyndell, and that's it. Of course side areas and quests are recommended because you'll end up 20-30 levels under leveled if you don't explore at least a little. But basically as long as you keep that general pathing in mind for primary story bosses, you should be able to get through okay.

Strictly speaking it's:
Godrick>Liurnia>Caelid>Atlus Plateau>Leyndell>Mountaintops>Optional Caelid area>Farum Azula>Leyndell

Night's Cavalry, the Nazgul-looking dudes?
That's the name! Yeah, something about their move set confuses my dumb lizard brain.

The sentinel I can beat once I have leveled up Vigor some.

Edit: It's not like I'm bad at Souls games. I beat Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne (didn't do the dlc on Bloodborne, was bored of the game at that point)

Anywho things are going pretty good in my playthrough so far. I'm headed to get Blaidd and then I'm hitting the gaol.

That's the name! Yeah, something about their move set confuses my dumb lizard brain.

The sentinel I can beat once I have leveled up Vigor some.

How much do you have, btw?

And there multiple tree sentinels, two of which fire lightning and fire at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back