• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

But can I marry men?
You can perform the Rite of the Covenant with just about any soldier in your army that isn't a generic unit. I don't think they outright call it "marriage" when you choose the men, Rosalinde just tells you to give a ring to someone you really trust rather than a loved one when the concept is introduced, but there is subtext.

EDIT: My mistake it was Rosalinde.

I've only seen three so far but oddly enough the scene with pretty elf man Ithilion was probably the least romantic compared to Gilbert's and Josef's.

And speaking of marriage, here's a neat little tidbit from when you choose Yunifi if you don't care about spoilers.
Yunifi: Now that that's all done with, maybe someday we can add to this little family of ours.

Alain: Haha. A nice idea, but I fear I only have one pair of rings.

Yunifi: That's not what I meant.
Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
A-Tech Cybernetic VR is, as the title suggests, VR. At least the early parts do indeed seem to be what Doom VFR should have been- dealing with Cyborg Zombies. Headshots do not always kill them even if the head pops off and the body will continue to come after you- carrying a melee weapon is a good idea to save ammo because the body takes quite a few more shots. Shooting the legs also works, at least the one time I had that idea so far. I've just run into the ones that fcking teleport in out of nowhere- and teleport closer every few seconds instead of shambling. The female zombies do run pretty fast, but are more fragile. It's not too difficult at all so far, but I just quit after spotting the first one carrying a gun- I'd just hit a checkpoint and decided I was done after a peek anyway, so we'll see how that goes next time. My one complaint so far: need more holsters. You can carry two things at once and have two weapon holsters. Would be real nice to have a weapon wheel to carry all the weapons, but that's more a modern game design complaint. Grenades have their own three slots at least, and there's an extra spot for your flashlight- I assume that's the only thing you can put there, as there are dark parts and you will want it.

So, two things. One, the game needs a better tutorial as it fails to mention one thing entirely and the other doesn't seem to work the way it tells you at all.

See, in the tutorial, it tells you to depress the left joystick (which controls movement) to run. It doesn't work at all, and I just died because of it. Fortunately, it did flash up the ACTUAL controls when I failed to haul ass like I was supposed to- which is shaking your arms like you're running while using the movement stick. So I know that now.

And it turns out it DOES have a weapon wheel- which it doesn't bother telling you about at all! So I was trying to hoard my guns in what holsters I had instead of using it. Bleh. For the record of anyone who tries to play it, all you have to do is hold the trigger while your hand is unoccupied, and the gun you pick appears in the respective holster.

Also played a little bit of Kitaria Fables. Kinda comes off as cheaply made, but it's pretty entertaining so far. We'll see.

Been playing more of Cassette Beasts.

Woof it's definitely more challenging than any Pokemon game I've played. "Type Advantage" is a lot more nuanced- none of them deal extra or less damage, per se, they just inflict status... both buffs and debuffs, so if you attack an enemy with the wrong attack you help them.

Negative status effects ACTUALLY WORK too, instead of missing 99% of the time.

Bring a Plastic and Metal type to deal with Zedd, btw. 1000% easier that way. The defensive Remaster (Evolution) of Traffikone worked pretty good for that. I somehow completely missed Stamp #2 on my gym leaderRanger Captain card, so I gotta go find them now- possibly after dealing with Kayleigh's cult.

The map is pretty cool, very metroidvania with new paths opening once you get new abilities- I just got the bullet dash, that lets you charge forward through wind gusts and shatter rocks- and switches that open shortcuts so you don't have to go the long way around a second time. Usually.

It's definitely a lot of fun, but don't underestimate the difficulty- even random encounters are a real threat, and DO NOT assume you can take any Rogue Fusions you run across- they're damn dangerous.

Rogue Fusions practically demand that you fuse yourself. Then again, beating Rogue Fusions are one of the few ways to get the Fused Material needed for many of the upgrades at Ranger HQ... plus sometimes a Rogue Fusion encounter on the map will get replaced by a monster that's otherwise a fixed one off encounter you've previously run into (or a few other things, like
a rematch with Kuneko/Shining Kuneko

(And come on, the site doesn't support the ISPOILER code? What a pain...)

You know, some games' global achievement stats tell a story.

A-Tech Cybernetic, most common: Pick up a pistol, 75%, basically the first thing you do. So that's 25% of people that didn't even start the game- it DID seem to have some teething issues with not starting early on in the bug reports, so that sorta makes sense.

Finish chapter 1: 22%. Less than a third.

Finish chapter 2: 9%. Just wow. Every achievement after that point is under 10%. The game has six chapters.

I can attest that the end of chapter 2, the Hangar fight, three minutes of enemy waves including, I think, three Big Guys, was pretty brutal though. The real make-or-break point.

I've just finished chapter 3 and it wasn't nearly as hard as 2. Scarier though- cave system with hardly any lights, some experimental dog-worms that shoot green shit at you, some tentacled monstrosities that spit fire, etc.

Finish the game: 2.5% Pretty crazy.

All Achievements is 0.5%, but that's not saying much- for a VR game especially where you have limited play-time, going back for the optional hard-to-get stuff is not usually time well spent. I got a few of them along the way, but I probably won't be going back to collect the others.

A-Tech Cybernetic, most common: Pick up a pistol, 75%, basically the first thing you do. So that's 25% of people that didn't even start the game- it DID seem to have some teething issues with not starting early on in the bug reports, so that sorta makes sense.
This is actually really common for a lot of games.
The average gamer has a little over an hour to game a day, with anyone who plays past the two hour mark of a game being likely to keep playing and finish it.
A game with a weak opening will haemorrhage players quickly, a strong opening and good first two hours will have a dedicated player base.

Sometimes I'll be playing a game and look at achievements and be surprised at how few people have the basic achievements. Then I remember all the games I own that I've never played or have only opened to see if my laptop can run them or not. Hell, I think about all the games I've started and either enjoyed but haven't finished or expected to enjoy but ended up hating.

I also own a lot of PvP games at this point that I don't play anymore besides fighting games.

Sometimes I'll be playing a game and look at achievements and be surprised at how few people have the basic achievements. Then I remember all the games I own that I've never played or have only opened to see if my laptop can run them or not. Hell, I think about all the games I've started and either enjoyed but haven't finished or expected to enjoy but ended up hating.

I also own a lot of PvP games at this point that I don't play anymore besides fighting games.
Or you've got the paradox issue where the game needs to be played in ironman for it to count your achievements. With the obvious problem that not everyone wants to play in ironman just to collect achievements.
(Also there's a chance they only got the base game so that getting mods onto the pirated version was easier *innocent whistling* )

Been playing more of Cassette Beasts.

Woof it's definitely more challenging than any Pokemon game I've played. "Type Advantage" is a lot more nuanced- none of them deal extra or less damage, per se, they just inflict status... both buffs and debuffs, so if you attack an enemy with the wrong attack you help them.

Negative status effects ACTUALLY WORK too, instead of missing 99% of the time.

Bring a Plastic and Metal type to deal with Zedd, btw. 1000% easier that way. The defensive Remaster (Evolution) of Traffikone worked pretty good for that. I somehow completely missed Stamp #2 on my gym leaderRanger Captain card, so I gotta go find them now- possibly after dealing with Kayleigh's cult.

The map is pretty cool, very metroidvania with new paths opening once you get new abilities- I just got the bullet dash, that lets you charge forward through wind gusts and shatter rocks- and switches that open shortcuts so you don't have to go the long way around a second time. Usually.

It's definitely a lot of fun, but don't underestimate the difficulty- even random encounters are a real threat, and DO NOT assume you can take any Rogue Fusions you run across- they're damn dangerous.
The best part is that all the gyms use tactics that you can also do.

With version 1 and version 2 of the boss fight showing more intricacies of the fighting system

Playing Reverse Collapse on Challenge mode now.

Usually, I'm something of a pack rat with items. But in this game? Use your grenades/traps/smoke bombs/med kits or DIE.

But you gotta use them smart since even if you can create more between stages, you can only carry so many in a fight.

Last map I did, one of the bonus objectives was to kill 75 foes.

You have 4 CHARACTERS to do this. And they assault from all sides as your main goal is to endure a number of turns.

I like the challenge, but the game sure will not hesitate to punish your mistakes.

Just finished my third playthrough of Armored Core 6. It was a lot. Managed to just rush through the second and third playthroughs really quickly though. Pretty burned out on it now though I definitely enjoyed it even if I know I didn't manage to get all the collectibles. Mostly went with dual Songbirds and Zimmermans though I'd swap out the left for the laser dagger or Harris as needed. Oh, and swap the Songbirds for the bubble guns if I really need to pop a shield.

Fire, Liberation, and Release was the order in which I did it. And, I'd say Fire had the hardest end boss of three by far for me. I died like over a dozen times before just managing to beat her. She and Ibis were the ones that I had the most difficulty with after figuring out how to reliably beat Balteaus. In contrast I didn't have much issue with Liberation and managed to beat the final boss of Release without dying a single time. ...I'm still not sure how I managed to do that. Probably couldn't repeat it, lol.

It's certainly one of my favorite Fromsoft games now despite initially not really caring for it. Reminds me of Sekiro which I also initially bounced off before trying again and loving it.

I didn't like the battlefield for the last boss in the Fire and Release endings. The lower gravity of that location messed me up way too many times because I am so used to gravity pulling me down so I could recharge my energy quickly. But because of the slow descent, I am stuck hovering slightly above the floor and stopping me from regaining energy before Ayre or the robots sniped me.

And speaking of the bosses, they blend way too much into the background. Not sure if it is because I have an LED monitor, but I had trouble seeing their shadows.

I didn't like the battlefield for the last boss in the Fire and Release endings. The lower gravity of that location messed me up way too many times because I am so used to gravity pulling me down so I could recharge my energy quickly. But because of the slow descent, I am stuck hovering slightly above the floor and stopping me from regaining energy before Ayre or the robots sniped me.

And speaking of the bosses, they blend way too much into the background. Not sure if it is because I have an LED monitor, but I had trouble seeing their shadows.
...it had lower gravity? I honestly didn't even notice. But, I tend to stick to the ground a lot.

No issues with the bosses blending in for me at least. Had to Hard Lock on them though since I couldn't keep track of them otherwise.

*Reach the first boss fight in Reverse Collapse*

Christ almighty, that was hard. No wonder they sent you back to the prep screen right before it to ready items.

Imagine that: To even BEGIN to damage the boss, you must have it stand on a patch of radiation flower before throwing an incendiary grenade to cut off her hyper regeneration. And that state only last one turn but thankfully, she doesn't instant-regen the damage you dealt to her.

Then once she recover from that state, she burns the flowers around her before trying to strike you down again, so you have to bait her to another even as she attack multiple time per turn if you do not slow her down.

And the kicker? Once you empty her HP bar... SHE HAS A PHASE TWO. WITH MORE HP. And the condition to damage her remain!

You literally must use every option and every turret you have to crush the boss.

Thank fuck for shockwave grenades to push her around.

Last edited:
Played Evil West since it's on game pass. Not a bad brawler. Story's probably exactly what you'd expect from a game where the premise is "what if cowboy punched vampires," but it's pretty fun.

I was kinda baffled looking into and seeing people say the game is too hard because it's really not if you actually use your full toolkit and stay mobile. Yeah, you're supposed to punch guys but, also shoot them and stun them and what not.

Some complaints about big enemies showing up in groups later on but those fights have been fun for me. There's maybe one enemy I'd call annoying but that's because you're forced to focus on them when they show up cuz they shield other enemies but they aren't very durable once the shield is down.

Isn't it such a fucking great feeling when you take a boss that's obviously supposed to be difficult and completely shut it down? Not like you're necessarily overleveled, but your setup just counters all his bullshit?

Just did that with the King of Nothing. Got lucky with a start-of-battle free Ritual, but I didn't even need it. Still didn't have Meredith's tape remastered, but it didn't matter too much. None of his attacks, even the big one, could do more than 50% damage, and my Ramtasm still has Nurse- and fused, our AP generation was 5, so I could use it any time my HP dropped below half. I just had to Smack on the turns I didn't need to heal, and then drop a Headshot when my AP maxed out, BLAM. He didn't stand a chance.

What difficulty are you playing on?
Challenge.

Advanced Challenge can go fuck itself for now.

Also, they really added details on some things.

Get caught and killed by an ELID and the battle failure screen will be splattered in blood.

Last edited:
Oh hey, saw a video that showed what i talked about above, so I took a screenshot and added it to the spoiler if you wanna see.

Challenge.

Advanced Challenge can go fuck itself for now.
Didn't even know there were difficulty levels like this. I've been slowly plopping along on normal whenever I have some free time.

Any differences in the story on higher difficulties, or is it only gameplay changes?

Finished Evil West and yeah, it was fun. Plus, how many games can you think of that have president Grover Cleveland in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back