• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Didn't even know there were difficulty levels like this. I've been slowly plopping along on normal whenever I have some free time.

Any differences in the story on higher difficulties, or is it only gameplay changes?
As written on the menu. More foes that are also stronger and harder challenges. Also, no autosave at the start of each turn even as you keep your quicksave limit to once per turn.

Advanced Challenge? NO quicksave. Only autosave at key parts in missions.

I did read standard was seen as too easy. The real harsh game is in Challenge.

No training simulation at Challenge either, but you can grind on chapter replays after each chapter.

Worth buying?

I've never really played games like Stellar Blade before, but I am curious.
I liked it enough that I'm gonna grab it, but i'm a big hack n slash action game fan. Gameplay was tight and responsive enough, graphics were good, story seemed interesting enough. That's all I really need, so.

Bought myself Battle Brothers today, and, well, before I knew it I had sunk about 6 hours into the game nonstop, leading the Unbroken Sons up and down the lands to win coin and glory... well, mostly coin, since I went south and took at least two contracts to suppress slave revolts, and these pseudo-Saracens pay really well, but hey, details. It's a fun time-waster, that's what I'm trying to say.

As written on the menu. More foes that are also stronger and harder challenges. Also, no autosave at the start of each turn even as you keep your quicksave limit to once per turn.

Advanced Challenge? NO quicksave. Only autosave at key parts in missions.

I did read standard was seen as too easy. The real harsh game is in Challenge.

No training simulation at Challenge either, but you can grind on chapter replays after each chapter.
Yeah, I had a brainfart, thought it was called standard and hard difficulties, not standard and challenge. Thought for a moment that Challenge was some kind of ultra-hard difficulty one had to unlock after beating the game once or something, like if you want the true ending you need to beat the game on that ultra-ball-busting difficulty. Hence my, in retrospect, somewhat weird questions.

Standard seems like the perfect difficulty to just enjoy some fun tactical play for me. Especially since I try to S-rank every mission on the first try. And unlike other games, it's not piss easy on normal.

Like, in other games easy is just game journalist mode, normal is perfect for babies to breeze through the game, and hard is either finally a decent game or unbalanced and frustrating mess. Here, it's still challenging at times, but fun to play all the way through.

Honestly hadn't enjoyed a tactical game this much since Utawarerumono, probably.

Got back until Until You Fall again for a bit. Finally figured out how to kill those damn advanced ninjas- you just block until you have a special charged and then hit them hard and fast. Unfortunately they throw really damned fast and are hard to block, so there's that. And that's if you don't have someone slipping into melee to fuck you up.

Still an uphill climb.

Also FINALLY got the Synchronized achievement in Pistol Whip. Unload all fifteen shots with a single pistol without reloading, all On Beat. Wasn't even trying that hard to get it- didn't think I'd manage, after all the previous tries. Just randomly got into the beat on the first track of 2089 on a full campaign run on normal and got it.

Only five achievements left, including "You're Breathtaking!" for getting all of them. Might try to get Take the Night Off and Pacifist together- seems an obvious choice, maybe, since the first involves not killing any of a specific type of enemy on one stage- the ones dancing and not shooting at you- and the second involves not hitting any enemies at all.

Baba Yaga is just finishing a level on hard using Classic (single pistol, no modifiers) which should be doable... but Sharpshooter is probably gonna suck. Finish any level on hard in "Proper Legacy" style- which is just Classic but with the Deadeye modifier that takes away your aim assist. Might try it on the second level of 2089 since that's supposed to be a melee-only level anyway. Haven't tried it on hard yet though. I can already feel my legs aching.

Honestly hadn't enjoyed a tactical game this much since Utawarerumono, probably.
I know, right? Challenge is hard. I know some bitch at the stealth segments, but fuck them. I for one enjoy firing up my neurons and cracking the puzzles.

To quote what Yuhzong said years ago... 'I made a game, not a babysitting simulator'.

Not only that, but that it's hard fit perfectly with the mood and the sense of tension the plot has.

I know, right? Challenge is hard. I know some bitch at the stealth segments, but fuck them. I for one enjoy firing up my neurons and cracking the puzzles.

To quote what Yuhzong said years ago... 'I made a game, not a babysitting simulator'.

Not only that, but that it's hard fit perfectly with the mood and the sense of tension the plot has.
I think I've spent like five or six hours trying to crack S rank on Base Infiltration in chapter 3. Not gonna spoil it, but you're in for a treat.

Some stealth and puzzle sections add a lot of variety to the experience imo. Wasn't exactly fan of those, still I'm not, but I don't mind them here.

Just finished Terminator Resistance, game was pretty decent and did a good job tying Terminator I & II together.

Oh yeah, that was a pretty good game. It's a budget title but they did a good job with it.

We only really got to see a bit of the beginning of Judgement Day in Terminator 3, and a little more of the war against the machines at the start of Terminator 2. Seeing the war first hand in the game was something that was really missing from the franchise, and the game delivered. The final mission wrapped things up very nicely.

Terminator Resistance along with 1 and 2 make a really good trilogy. As far as I am concerned, there is no other movies. I heard the Robocop game was pretty solid too.

Oh and some good news. They are finally patching the System Shock Remake on the 11th. It's honestly way past due.

Terminator Resistance along with 1 and 2 make a really good trilogy. As far as I am concerned, there is no other movies. I heard the Robocop game was pretty solid too.

Oh and some good news. They are finally patching the System Shock Remake on the 11th. It's honestly way past due.

What about it is being patched?

What about it is being patched?
From what I understand they are changing the Final Boss to be better, they should be adding in the map markers for easy mode, they are adding a female protag option. Diego is getting a buff. The recycler is going from 3 x 3 too 4 x 4.

A bunch of bug fixes and quality of life things.
Edit: found da notes.
Other major Changes
  • Alpha Strain enemies have a new attack
  • Avian Mutant enemies have a new attack
  • Cyborg Diego has new movement options
  • Continued refining enemy AI and behaviors
  • Mission waypoints have been implemented for (Easy mission difficulty)
  • Better Gamepad handling and implementation
  • Major optimizations across the entire game — Steam Deck users rejoice!
  • Achievements are properly awarded when completing the requirements
  • Some first person Hacker animations have been corrected
  • General combat and speed balance adjustments across enemies and weapons
  • Credits added to the Title Screen
  • Improved quest logic behavior across several areas of the game
  • Players can now no longer save over the AutoSave, and the AutoSave will now only appear in the Load Game menu
  • Game Over screen can now be skipped
  • Recycle Station 'inventory' size has increased to 4 x 4 from 3 x 3 to allow recycling of bigger junk items. Scrapper rejoice!
  • The max payout from a Recycle Station is now 120 Credits
  • EMP stun duration has been reduced by 25%
  • SHODAN will lock the Research control room door if the player fires the Mining Laser at Earth
  • Detox patch now has a 25% protection bonus against environment hazards while active
  • Fix a soft lock that could occur when dying while interacting with a Surgery Machine
  • Items dropped inside of elevators should no longer disappear
  • Pathfinding performance improvements in Flight Deck and Groves
  • Fix a case where the player was able to clip through the world by loading games while crouched
  • Fix a case where plasma projectile FX would spawn every frame and wouldn't clean up properly, causing major frame drops

Minor changes
  • Easier to see total counts of collected Media items
  • Added a button to the entrance of the Security level to ensure you can backtrack to the rest of the Station
  • General FX improvements and tweaks
  • New artwork on monitors across Citadel Station
  • Enemy callouts and vocals are less frequent now
  • Better text sizing for all languages
  • Jump Jet behavior improved
  • The color of some projectiles were tweaked
  • Sped up animations of using Dermal Patches
  • Enemies who are near Restoration Bays will be teleported to their spawn location to ensure the Hacker doesn't get softlocked by being killed repeatedly
  • Save files are now counted incrementally
  • Fix ups of various Cyberspace levels and enemy placements within
  • Better handling of Hacker death in unlikely scenarios
  • SHODAN now has a surprise for the player when Diego is killed on the Security level
  • Total Enemy Reinforcements have been increased across all levels
  • Reduced the number of enemies that can bunch up in the same Reinforcement Volume
  • Enemies will remember the player for longer on all difficulties
  • Enemy line of checks include the projectile collision radius whenever possible so that their attacks fail less often
  • Fixed an enemy ambush that wasn't activating properly in the Medical CPU room if the player comes back later in the game
  • Kickstarter corpse tokens added to enemies
  • Enemy awareness in the Flight Deck trap room after saving and loading has been fixed
  • Diego boss AI adjustments, largely in the first encounter
  • Cortex Reavers can now perform a strafe jump to more quickly engage the player
  • Mutated Cyborg and Tiger-Gorilla dismemberment has been fixed
  • Cyborg Mantis walks faster, will sprint more frequently, and HP increased slightly
  • Flier-Bots now have an Autocannon in addition to Gas Grenade attacks
  • Striker-Bots now have a Laser Cannon in addition to Homing Missile attacks
  • Flier-Bot and Striker-Bot textures have been improved
  • Fix for Hoppers and Mobile Lasers not being able to hit the player while leaning behind a wall
  • Security-1 Bot now has a rapid fire attack pose
  • Cyborg Warrior now has a moving attack similar to the Security-2 Bot
  • Cyborg Elite Guard head-mounted laser attack damage increased from 60 to 80
  • Alpha Strain long range attack now has a unique animation
  • Skorpion default inventory size has been reduced from 4x2 to 3x2
  • Assault Rifle damage increased slightly from 24 to 25 per round
  • Plasma Rifle now has an animation to unload the active Plasma Core
  • Abe Ghiran's Head inventory size has been increased from 1x1 to 2x2
  • Missing character portraits have been added
  • Cyberspace I.C.E Shield FX has been improved
  • Wire Puzzle has new FX to more clearly indicate the required power level to solve it
  • Fix for Circuit Puzzle dead-end nodes filling from the wrong side in some cases
  • Fixed holes in the walls in Research tiles,
  • Berserk patches now cost 5 Tri-Credits from a dispenser instead of 4
  • Shotgun ammo cost in Ammo Depots has been reduced from 15 to 14 credits
  • Loot table adjustments to reduce quantity of ammo received from Exec-Bots, Flier-Bots, Striker-Bots and Cyborg Enforcers
  • Ammo adjustments in Reactor, Alpha Grove, Delta Grove, Engineering, Security, and Bridge
  • Reduced the number of First Aid Kit pickups in Flight Deck, Security and Bridge
  • Assigned the correct idle animation to the Cyborg Drones (No more hovering guns while they are charging)
  • Jump Jet improvements while in Low Gravity Volumes
  • Loading a save while falling will properly restore the player's velocity
  • Barrel dispensers will no longer drop their dispensed barrels when the player leaves and comes back to a level.
  • Energy Drain Mines will no longer prepend multiple "Destroyed" strings to their name after being repeatedly destroyed
  • Fix for player losing Low-Grav/Repulsor mods when switching to certain weapons
  • Improvements to how the enemy AI handles changing Repulsor Lift direction
  • Reactor's Repulsor Lifts have been adjusted slightly to fix potential soft locks
  • Fix for the player being able to exit the Diego V1 arena by blocking main doorway
  • Doors will more elegantly restore their collision state when loading a save
  • Shotgun shell texture has been fixed
  • Crack-O's are now no longer considered Junk
  • Fix for certain wall monitors not breaking when attacked
  • Fixed small animation issue with the Isolinear Chipset on the Bridge
  • Fixed sparking cable issues on Maintenance
  • Fix for several achievements not completing properly
  • Small text adjustments and spellings
  • Music playback adjustments
  • Fixed a potential audio component memory leak when concurrency limits were reached
  • Added a Controller Vibration accessibility option
  • Improved gamepad support on MFD
  • Improved automap performance
  • Fixed several visual artefacts on the automap
  • Automap will always update the map info bar with the data for the currently selected level
  • Implant tooltips will no longer display off the edge of the screen on certain display configs
  • Fix for the 'Back' button on gamepad causing the player to crouch when exiting menus
  • Credits updated
  • Other minor improvements, adjustments and balance tweaks

Well I'm huffing and puffing today.

Tried Until You Fall with just the fist weapons. No blocking, only dodging. Big mistake. Wow.

Hunting down a guy's 12yo cringe OC.

I'm in this game and I don't like it.

And speaking of marriage, here's a neat little tidbit from when you choose Yunifi if you don't care about spoilers.
Melissandre when recruited says she wants to be Allain's consort

If you romance her she makes a request for no mistresses and Alain says there was never anyone else

So uh apparently there's a known practice of that in Cornia. Dem Unicorns are horny

I'm carving my way into chapter 4 myself. I got access to heavy turrets now and it's scary how much damage I can dish out now. Recon drone will spot any Werewolf commando under camouflage and the stun grenades fuck over those evasive guys as well. And Jefuty can dish out so much damage when enough foes are in her zone.

And I reached the utter insanity that is the map Mutual Destruction.

Holy fuck, a 3-ways fight we're caught in the middle of. And that utterly crazy bastard that want to go rocks falls, everyone die by destroying the whole goddamn mountain on everyone. So I gotta have one side destroy the tanks of the other before they do so.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not sure if ANY of the other starter Cassette paths can beat Ramtasm.

Phase Shift and Mind Meld are invaluable when they come up, Nurse is absolutely fantastic and makes you nearly invincible when fused, Galactic Beatdown helps IMMENSELY because it can't miss... Astral types also get a ton of advantages. They're only really at a disadvantage against Plastic and other Astral, I think. The rest just prevent you from using non-damaging moves which rarely comes up as a problem- might have to use your Rewinds instead of Nurse in a pinch but that's about it.

I guess I'm about to find out- beat the other Ranger Captains and Ianthe (the first round, haven't tried to start the second yet because I have a feeling it's gonna be absolutely brutal) so now I bought Candy Devil and will be evolving it. Gonna have to really grind Fused Material to get another of each tape for both Evo paths, but I've got the DragonFusion Radar, so that'll make it easier.

So, I just tried Battlestar Galactica Deadlock. Mostly cause I think Homeworld 3 is going to be a train wreck.

I, really like it. It's scratching that sci-fi strategy game itch and I think it's the one game where I actually watch the replays. See they use all these camera angles from the show to make the fight look cinematic as hell.

Tbh, it kind of makes me want to watch the show.

Cross posting from the SMT thread:

Anyone know of a route through the last area of Okumera's Palace? The place is kicking my ass and I can't figure out how to get from the switch that opens the way to the treasure to the treasure itself.

I like the aesthetic of the area, but this last puzzle is way too damn hard.

So, I picked up Contra: Rogue Corps on a whim since it was on sale for like four bucks and it's actually not bad. It one hundred percent shouldn't have been called Contra because it's really not but, it's actually pretty fun on its own merits. It's a total loot grind but, that's what it was going for.

If they'd tweaked the story a bit, maybe toned down the excess swearing in favor of a few more actual jokes, it probably wouldn't have been so hated when it came out.

So, I picked up Contra: Rogue Corps on a whim since it was on sale for like four bucks and it's actually not bad. It one hundred percent shouldn't have been called Contra because it's really not but, it's actually pretty fun on its own merits. It's a total loot grind but, that's what it was going for.

If they'd tweaked the story a bit, maybe toned down the excess swearing in favor of a few more actual jokes, it probably wouldn't have been so hated when it came out.
Yeah, the better option is WayForward's Contra: Operation Galuga. A full remake of Contra on top of being a franchise reboot that shows WayForward still has the chops from when they did Contra 4 seventeen years ago.

But on that note, Vampire Survivors is getting a Contra DLC come May 9th on top of finally being on Playstation.

And yes, this includes remixes of several Contra tunes on top of select tracks from Contra 4 and Contra Hard Corps on top of one of the new power ups being the Spread Shot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back