• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Anyone know how I can get access to the older Armored Core games and play them on my SteamDeck or PC? I saw Emulators but I am not sure how to jailbreak my stuff and I wouldn't dare doing it on my own

Anyone know how I can get access to the older Armored Core games and play them on my SteamDeck or PC? I saw Emulators but I am not sure how to jailbreak my stuff and I wouldn't dare doing it on my own

Neither steamdeck nor PC would require you to jailbreak anything for the PS1 or PS2 games, for the PS3 you can download the needed system files from Sony's website, here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps3/system-software/

Wait, he's making another one now? Last I saw Creeper World he was working on another ground based one with more resources involved. This one seems more in the vein of the second game.
Yeah, the guy seems to be working on his series all the time, and we get a new release every few years.

You are probably thinking of CW4, which came out a few years back. Had a lot of fun with that one, and some of the community maps were very interesting, what with being able to take on the Creeper with a first-person perspective in some of them. There were also maps that were full-on first-person dungeon crawlers, which was wild.

But yes, this one seems to be a mix of CW2 and Particle Fleet. Lots of interesting new mechanics as well, what with varying ground types and interactions one could have with the terrain types.

I've been with the series since the first game, way back when flash was still a thing, and every new installment is an evolution and massive improvement on the previous one. Great dev, making great content, and a fucking fuckhuge load of content. He always releases tools so the community can make their own maps and missions, and the fanbase seems quite dedicated. So, every time you buy one of CW titles, you get a lot of stuff to play through. One can easily spend hundreds of hours per every game he made.

Got "Nine Years of Shadows"

Taking a lot of cues from Symphony of the Night, pixelated Metroidvania. Very pretty.

Combat could use some work though. It's not really smooth- like SotN if you were limited to the Heavy weapons, and with half the movement options outside of specific environments. Regular enemies are a bit repetitive.

The bosses though... they're a decent level of challenge, but a lot of the ones that don't focus on a particular armor/movement option are just slugfests. Worse, your regenerating healthbar takes time without being hit to regenerate, and it's manual so you have to be on the ground and holding the button for about a second- not including the animation time, and you get two hits when it's gone. Three for me now, probably four or five max with full upgrades.

The kicker? No pre-boss autosave, and unlike SotN they're not decent enough to put save points within spitting distance of every boss... so when you re-load after losing to half the bosses, you have to take a long trek to get back to them. Very frustrating.

Anybody here ever play an indie game called Urtuk?

I don't know why, but I really like turn based combat, somehow makes me feel like I am using my head more

Urtuk: The Desolation is a game that looks to be a long campaign, no cinematics, really high level cap

Been playing for hours and my highest level character is 8 but the vids on YouTube show it can go to 60

Hm. Skeptimistic. Optical.

Shield looks somewhat neat, but I worry that the counter mechanic is going to be important to the point of being annoying. Also possibly too much/too little work on the non-core gameplay- flight and giant robot.

I'll probably play it eventually either way, but the early reviews will probably determine whether I go for full price or wait for a serious sale.

Gameplay looks neat and they're finally letting you pilot a damn mech after teasing you with the damn things for the entirety of Eternal, but I'm guessing that there's absolutely going to be more gratuitous lore Doom doesn't necessarily need.

So this occurs before DOOM 2016?

As far as I can tell, the series is mostly in good hands, mainly because it's being handled by guys really into the whole rip & tear stuff

Reminds me, anyone here ever play Project Warlock?

I played the first, absolutely loved it

I tried playing the second, but I kept getting lost and am waiting for it to actually be finished as a game

I've pretty much written off the Doom series at this point. I loved 2016 and it's been downhill ever since. Didn't even finish Eternal since I hated how they changed the combat. That they have been trying to make the whole thing into some scifi fantasy epic just really didn't hold up for me either.

I've pretty much written off the Doom series at this point. I loved 2016 and it's been downhill ever since. Didn't even finish Eternal since I hated how they changed the combat. That they have been trying to make the whole thing into some scifi fantasy epic just really didn't hold up for me either.

You literally kill Baphomet who is birthing demons like Satan does in Paradise Lost with a rocket launcher.

Doom has always been a scifi fantasy epic.

You literally kill Baphomet who is birthing demons like Satan does in Paradise Lost with a rocket launcher.

Is it wrong if I don't think we see enough stuff like that?

Killing demons and other supernatural creatures and outright eldritch horrors with modern to outright SciFi weaponry?

No need for ki/chi or sacred weaponry or magic, just lots of dakka

I still think it's a bummer you never got to fight Samuel in his robot body, instead he's in a fleshy demonic Makyr body like a lot of other demons you've fought.

Last edited:

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan of Doom Eternal either, but that was purely from a gameplay perspective. Complaining about a game that has from it's very inception involved the player character slaughtering literal hellborne demons by the hundreds on Mars only *now* becoming a "Sci-Fi Fantasy Epic" is kind of ridiculous.

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan of Doom Eternal either, but that was purely from a gameplay perspective. Complaining about a game that has from it's very inception involved the player character slaughtering literal hellborne demons by the hundreds on Mars only *now* becoming a "Sci-Fi Fantasy Epic" is kind of ridiculous.
Yeah, yeah, I know. You were still just a regular marine on Mars who went Rambo on a bunch of invading demons and then counter-invaded hell. There were no giant robots or order of space-knights or evil angels. I may be in the minority but I actually liked Doom 3 the most (and the Hell Knight design from it is still my favorite).

Yeah, yeah, I know. You were still just a regular marine on Mars who went Rambo on a bunch of invading demons and then counter-invaded hell. There were no giant robots or order of space-knights or evil angels. I may be in the minority but I actually liked Doom 3 the most (and the Hell Knight design from it is still my favorite).
Being fair, you're probably not in the minority in regards to the bolded bit, considering how the Hell Knight design from 2016 and Eternal were clearly based on the version from 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back