• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Yeah, yeah, I know. You were still just a regular marine on Mars who went Rambo on a bunch of invading demons and then counter-invaded hell. There were no giant robots or order of space-knights or evil angels. I may be in the minority but I actually liked Doom 3 the most (and the Hell Knight design from it is still my favorite).

Not a regular marine, a marine that killed his CO with a punch because he gave orders to shoot at civilians. Then you get tricked by the demons and killed to be brought to hell to prevent you from stopping their invasion.

You then fight your way out of hell.

Not a regular marine, a marine that killed his CO with a punch because he gave orders to shoot at civilians. Then you get tricked by the demons and killed to be brought to hell to prevent you from stopping their invasion.
...Wait, that old "You are the demons" meme is based on actual canon?

Being fair, you're probably not in the minority in regards to the bolded bit, considering how the Hell Knight design from 2016 and Eternal were clearly based on the version from 3.
Considering that those from Doom 2 were literally just minotaurs they didn't have much choice unless they wanted an entirely new design. Still the changes they made just detract from the original design of 3.
VGnu7XS.png

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan of Doom Eternal either, but that was purely from a gameplay perspective. Complaining about a game that has from it's very inception involved the player character slaughtering literal hellborne demons by the hundreds on Mars only *now* becoming a "Sci-Fi Fantasy Epic" is kind of ridiculous.

The problem isn't "sci-fi epic" the problem is Eternal vanished up its own ass with pretentious lore and the cliche JRPG thing of God being evil go kill him etc.

Last edited:
Is it wrong if I don't think we see enough stuff like that?

Killing demons and other supernatural creatures and outright eldritch horrors with modern to outright SciFi weaponry?

No need for ki/chi or sacred weaponry or magic, just lots of dakka
Bit late, but I just found out about an old game like that called Shadow Tower Abyss that lets you shoot harpies and knights with anything from an AR-15 to a rocket launcher. Boss fights can end in seconds.

And it was made by FromSoft, it even has an early version of Patches.

Bit late, but I just found out about an old game like that called Shadow Tower Abyss that lets you shoot harpies and knights with anything from an AR-15 to a rocket launcher. Boss fights can end in seconds.

And it was made by FromSoft, it even has an early version of Patches.
You do however only have a finite amount of ammunition. Period, you can buy more but even that is limited. That said you can just win the entire game only shooting.

View: https://youtu.be/anTrs1Z4l28?si=QGDLMqp83wG4kH1q

Last edited:
This one has been on my eyes for quite some time now.

View: https://youtu.be/rsnr8p9bEqw?feature=shared

What do you guys think?

:cool:

Bit of an old pic, but I found it sorta hilarious given I know pretty well all 3 games on display. From an old challenge about drawing 3 recent games.
My last played games were Dominions 5, Team Fortress 2, and Mount and Blade Bannerlord, in that order.

...I seriously wonder how you'd represent that.

finally playing X4, I've only waited for six years for this.
5h so far today, 9h 11h in the previous two days.
it's so different from the older games, though Rebirth was kind of a beta test for the concepts, but I haven't played much of it either. kind of want to play through the story of it, but who knows...

Last edited:
Last edited:

Anybody here play Tamer Vale? Not really compatible with my Steamdeck, starts overheating on my right hand for some reason

But I love it

I just have to make sure my door is locked and no one is around for the sex

Right, checked both demos for Metal Slug Tactics and Tactical Breach Wizards

Sad to say it, but MST feels really underwhelming to me. I suppose it could be just me being spoiled rotten by the Bakery game, but I had no fun with MST at all.

TBW, on the other hand, has the feel of a fun little tactical indie game. Really enjoyed that demo, and finished it unlike MST. Will probably buy it on day one once it launches.

Of course, none of them are as great as Bakery, but then again nothing is.
mkrw1s.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back