1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Discussion in 'General' started by Ack, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Threadmarks: Vote 149: War Games
    Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Thanks, as always, for voting.

Voting points this round: 1206

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system is awesome.

Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories that have been taken off the list will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

Afraid of the Dark [0] (Danny is an expy of John Wick. Taylor just went through the Locker. Be very afraid.)
    All Alone [0] (Emma dies in the alley, so Taylor makes a new friend. Sophia Hess. But after some very bad decisions. she's all alone again. Or is she?)
    Another Way [0] (Marquis beat shit out of BBB, then spent the next eight years in Boston. Now that his daughter has triggered, he's come back. She's having a ball.)
    Celestial Worm [0] (Crossover with Ties That Bind, a novel written by my beta reader.)
    Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
    Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
    Fuck Worm! [0] {NSFW} (A double SI, where a couple gets dropped into the Wormverse on opposite sides. Only just started.)
    Gravitas [0] (A crossover fanfic with a novel I'm in the process of writing).
    How Taylor Hebert Agreed to be a Slut [0] {NSFW} (This drops Taylor into the Slut Life CYOA.)
    I'm HALPING! [0] (Taylor has a new friend. He's a cute teenage boy, who also happens to be an Endbringer. Cue hijinks.)
    One Bad Day [0] (Sophia murders Grue. Taylor murders Sophia and Madison. Lisa murders her new team leader. Amy mindwipes Vicky. It's one hell of a bad day.)
    Price of Blood [0] (Taylor's power is responsible for hundreds of deaths. Shadow Stalker is now working for Coil. Things are actually looking up.)
    Prodigal Daughter [0] {Taylor isn't quite right. But that's okay. She's Jack Slash's daughter. Brockton Bay is in for ... a time.)
    The Rape of Taylor Hebert [0] {NSFW} (Starts dark. Features actual rape. You have been warned. Not at all safe for work, minors or anyone else of a sensitive disposition.)
    Reality Intrudes [0] (A Worm/Matrix crossover fic).
    Yet Another Way [0] (A spin-off of Another Way, where Carol killed Amy. The BBB is now out of the picture, and Marquis has managed to adopt the Dallon and Pelham kids.)

A Friend At Winslow - Non-Taylor-centric, but involving Taylor.
    The Centre Cannot Hold - Taylor gets a really weird power, and makes full use of it. Crack.
    Dinah Alcott, Ruler of the World - Exactly what it says on the tin.
    EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.
    Force Projection - A sequel to my original fiction Number Two.
    Hostile Takeover - Marquis had a son. He's just come back to Brockton Bay.
    Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?
    Isel - Prequel to my original fiction King's Man
    Parallel - A time travel story, involving Taylor's son from after Gold Morning.
    Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.
    Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.
    Terminal: A cancer sufferer triggers with powers. His life does not improve. News at eleven.

User Errors:
    HearthBorn - You put a hyphen between the [X] and the name of the story that should not be there. I've inserted your votes manually.
    jdoggy - Confrontation II needs the 'II' in there. I've inserted your vote manually.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 347
    Confrontation II 82
    Danny & Taylor 692
    Hostage Situation 613
    I, Panacea 806
    Meet the Heberts 1156
    NSW 979
    One More Trigger 372
    Recoil 265
    Trump Card 860
    War Games 0 (1222)
    Wyvern 1034

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Hmm ... now I'm thinking Wyvern might just overtake Meet the Heberts. We shall see.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

Vote format looks like this:

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

2. Threadmarks: Vote 150: Meet the Heberts
    Ack

Voting points this round: 1146

Announcements

Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories that have been taken off the list will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

Afraid of the Dark [0] (Danny is an expy of John Wick. Taylor just went through the Locker. Be very afraid.)
    All Alone [0] (Emma dies in the alley, so Taylor makes a new friend. Sophia Hess. But after some very bad decisions. she's all alone again. Or is she?)
    Another Way [0] (Marquis beat shit out of BBB, then spent the next eight years in Boston. Now that his daughter has triggered, he's come back. She's having a ball.)
    Celestial Worm [0] (Crossover with Ties That Bind, a novel written by my beta reader.)
    Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
    Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
    Fuck Worm! [0] {NSFW} (A double SI, where a couple gets dropped into the Wormverse on opposite sides. Only just started.)
    How Taylor Hebert Agreed to be a Slut [0] {NSFW} (This drops Taylor into the Slut Life CYOA.)
    I'm HALPING! [0] (Taylor has a new friend. He's a cute teenage boy, who also happens to be an Endbringer. Cue hijinks.)
    One Bad Day [0] (Sophia murders Grue. Taylor murders Sophia and Madison. Lisa murders her new team leader. Amy mindwipes Vicky. It's one hell of a bad day.)
    Price of Blood [0] (Taylor's power is responsible for hundreds of deaths. Shadow Stalker is now working for Coil. Things are actually looking up.)
    Prodigal Daughter [0] {Taylor isn't quite right. But that's okay. She's Jack Slash's daughter. Brockton Bay is in for ... a time.)
    The Rape of Taylor Hebert [0] {NSFW} (Starts dark. Features actual rape. You have been warned. Not at all safe for work, minors or anyone else of a sensitive disposition.)
    Yet Another Way [0] (A spin-off of Another Way, where Carol killed Amy. The BBB is now out of the picture, and Marquis has managed to adopt the Dallon and Pelham kids.)

The Centre Cannot Hold - Taylor gets a really weird power, and makes full use of it. Crack.
    EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.
    Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?
    Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.
    Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.
    Terminal: A cancer sufferer triggers with powers. His life does not improve. News at eleven.

User Errors: None

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 462
    Confrontation II 173
    Danny & Taylor 736
    Hostage Situation 678
    I, Panacea 938
    Meet the Heberts 0 (1211)
    NSW 1046
    One More Trigger 437
    Recoil 401
    Trump Card 1020
    War Games 77
    Wyvern 1173

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Wow, Meet the Heberts snuck in by a matter of 38 points. Welp, next up is Wyvern, then probably Trump Card and maybe I, Panacea before we head back to the lewds for NSW.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

3. Threadmarks: Vote 151: Wyvern
    Ack

Voting points this round: 1219

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    nainale - It Gets Worse and I'm HALPING! are not part of the voting round (and IGW is finished). Those votes were lost.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 591
    Confrontation II 278
    Danny & Taylor 778
    Hostage Situation 745
    I, Panacea 1090
    Meet the Heberts 51
    NSW 1120
    One More Trigger 499
    Recoil 542
    Trump Card 1196
    War Games 161
    Wyvern 0 (1309)

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

4. Threadmarks: Vote 152: Trump Card
    Ack

Voting points this round: 981

Announcements

It has come to my attention that I have been slacking off. I'm going to try to speed up my posting of vote stories.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    GladiusLucix - your listing has War Games (which should be at 4) and Trump Card both at 2, with the result that War Games shows 2 lower than normal, and Trump Card is discarded. I have entered the correct votes.
    DHG KiLLionAire - Confrontation II is written with two capital 'i', not two 1. I have entered the correct vote.
    Dr. Mercurious - You have accidentally included the vote totals in your votes for Trump Card and I, Panacea, thus invalidating the votes. I have entered the correct votes.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 693
    Confrontation II 378
    Danny & Taylor 816
    Hostage Situation 791
    I, Panacea 1204
    Meet the Heberts 91
    NSW 1172
    One More Trigger 554
    Recoil 646
    Trump Card (1325) No Longer in Voting Round
    War Games 228
    Wyvern 134

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  5. Threadmarks: Vote 153: I, Panacea
    Ack

Voting points this round: 975

Announcements

It has come to my attention that I have been slacking off. I'm going to try to speed up my posting of vote stories.

Also: Trump Card is finished. Just saying.

Replacing it will be Reality Intrudes. Enjoy.

(EDIT: 15 votes for Reality Intrudes, 8 for Prodigal Daughter and 3 for Gravitas.)

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    Kejmur - You forgot to insert the value for your Danny & Taylor vote. I have put in the correct amount.

The following voters forgot to cancel out a vote from a previous page, thus causing two sets of votes to be registered for each of them. I have cancelled the first set of votes.
    Twilight666
    Mr. Tebbs
    Malcanthet
    ribbons8
    ShadowStepper1300
    1986ctcel
    Please don't do it again. If you change your vote, go back and change your original post.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 830
    Confrontation II 469
    Danny & Taylor 854
    Hostage Situation 853
    I, Panacea 0 (1339)
    Meet the Heberts 126
    NSW 1221
    One More Trigger 634
    Reality Intrudes 0
    Recoil 790
    War Games 305
    Wyvern 261

Next up will be NSW. What lewds will there be? Is there going to be plot?

Also, give a huge welcome to Reality Intrudes, the new story on the block!

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  6. Threadmarks: Vote 154: NSW
    Ack

Voting points this round: 847

Announcements

Also: Reality Intrudes is the new story. Not Prodigal Daughter. Just saying.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    Malcanthet and ShellOG - Your votes for Prodigal Daughter aren't valid, as that story is not on the voting round. I'm presuming you meant Reality Intrudes, as that is the new story, so I applied your votes to that one.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 941
    Confrontation II 547
    Danny & Taylor 884
    Hostage Situation 891
    I, Panacea 102
    Meet the Heberts 157
    NSW 0 (1260)
    One More Trigger 692
    Reality Intrudes 67
    Recoil 910
    War Games 366
    Wyvern 373

And now it's Alea Iacta Est in the lead, but Recoil is gaining fast. It's just pulled ahead of Danny & Taylor and Hostage Situation, which are neck and neck on the straight.
    (It's weird how much like this feels like a horse race).

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  7. Threadmarks: Vote 155: Alea Iacta Est
    Ack

Voting points this round: 896

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    None (woo!)

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (1057)
    Confrontation II 623
    Danny & Taylor 918
    Hostage Situation 925
    I, Panacea 230
    Meet the Heberts 185
    NSW 40
    One More Trigger 750
    Reality Intrudes 143
    Recoil 1026
    War Games 426
    Wyvern 503

So Alea Iacta Est beats out Recoil by a nose, but we know the bit R will be next. After that, it remains to be seen whether Hostage Situation will maintain its seven-point lead over Danny & Taylor. After that, it's anyone's race, though One More Trigger seems to be a favourite for that. Reality Intrudes, the new entry, has a while to go, but it's already well into triple digits.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

8. Threadmarks: Vote 156: Recoil
    Ack

Voting points this round: 860

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    None (woo!)

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 118
    Confrontation II 707
    Danny & Taylor 953
    Hostage Situation 957
    I, Panacea 324
    Meet the Heberts 221
    NSW 99
    One More Trigger 808
    Reality Intrudes 196
    Recoil 0 (1140)
    War Games 496
    Wyvern 610

Yeah, well, that was a gimme. Next up, though ...
    And now it's down to a four-point lead. This is seriously neck and neck.
    Definitely a favourite.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

9. Threadmarks: Vote 157: Hostage Situation
    Ack

Voting points this round: 871

Announcements

HOWEVER: I am also trying to finish my novel. So I'm going to push hard on that 'til the end of the month.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    Dr. Mercurious - You had two votes for 5 points. Only the first one (Wyvern) counted.
    ShellOG - Prodigal Daughter is not on the vote schedule, sorry.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 234
    Confrontation II 799
    Danny & Taylor 982
    Hostage Situation 0 (1015)
    I, Panacea 429
    Meet the Heberts 250
    NSW 142
    One More Trigger 881
    Reality Intrudes 232
    Recoil 102
    War Games 575
    Wyvern 719

Welp, Hostage Situation is next, then it will likely be Danny & Taylor, then One More Trigger.

Once he catches up with things :p

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  10. Threadmarks: Vote 158: Danny & Taylor
    Ack

Voting points this round: 943

Announcements

Novel is finished, but I'm still working on the final polishing. New publication date Feb 01 2020.

(In case you're wondering: 510 pages, of which 470 have story on them).

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    None. (woo!)

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 348
    Confrontation II 891
    Danny & Taylor 0 (1011)
    Hostage Situation 57
    I, Panacea 521
    Meet the Heberts 285
    NSW 196
    One More Trigger 957
    Reality Intrudes 276
    Recoil 238
    War Games 671
    Wyvern 837

So it's Danny & Taylor right now. Next will be Confrontation II, One More Trigger and Wyvern, in no particular order.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  11. Threadmarks: Vote 159: One More Trigger
    Ack

Voting points this round: 902

Announcements

Novel is PUBLISHED. [Welcome to Utopia]

I'm posting it, one chapter per week, in my sig.
    Link to get, if interested: https://books2read.com/u/b68xeZ

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    Visual Pun - you spelled 'Wyvern' with an 'm'. I put it in manually.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 437
    Confrontation II 980
    Danny & Taylor 34
    Hostage Situation 138
    I, Panacea 622
    Meet the Heberts 324
    NSW 245
    One More Trigger 0 (1022)
    Reality Intrudes 305
    Recoil 358
    War Games 754
    Wyvern 960

So it's One More Trigger right now. Next will be Confrontation II and Wyvern, in no particular order.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

12. Threadmarks: Vote 160: Wyvern
    Ack

Voting points this round: 894

Announcements

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com.au/s?k=welcome+to+utopia&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    None (woo!)

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 546
    Confrontation II 1053
    Danny & Taylor 75
    Hostage Situation 197
    I, Panacea 728
    Meet the Heberts 373
    NSW 296
    One More Trigger 72
    Reality Intrudes 335
    Recoil 456
    War Games 843
    Wyvern 0 (1077)

Wyvern snuck in ahead of Confrontation II by just 24 vote points. After Confrontation II, we'll likely have War Games then I, Panacea, then ... we shall see.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

13. Threadmarks: Vote 161: Confrontation II (The Reckoning)
    Ack

Voting points this round: 840

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system ... does not seem to be working at the moment. Currently counting votes manually.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    1oldman - Your vote for Trump Card has been unfortunately nullified, as that fic is complete.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 655
    Confrontation II 0 (1109)
    Danny & Taylor 103
    Hostage Situation 266
    I, Panacea 836
    Meet the Heberts 408
    NSW 334
    One More Trigger 149
    Reality Intrudes 364
    Recoil 566
    War Games 917
    Wyvern 107

After Confrontation II, we'll likely have War Games then I, Panacea, then ... we shall see.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

14. Threadmarks: Vote 162: War Games
    Ack

Voting points this round: 887

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system ... does not seem to be working at the moment. Currently counting votes manually.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    Phoenixblade17 - your vote for Another Way has been nullified, as that fic is not in the voting round.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 761
    Confrontation II 78
    Danny & Taylor 130
    Hostage Situation 339
    I, Panacea 948
    Meet the Heberts 440
    NSW 381
    One More Trigger 225
    Reality Intrudes 395
    Recoil 674
    War Games 0 (986)
    Wyvern 235

Chances are, next we will have I, Panacea, then Alea Iacta Est and then Recoil seem to be the favourites.

Check out Sleepyfoo for a reasonable prediction.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

15. Threadmarks: Vote 163: I, Panacea
    Ack

Voting points this round: 787

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system has been fixed. Wooo!

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    fireball900 - The story War Games is not spelled 'Warg'. Your vote has been fixed.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 849
    Confrontation II 161
    Danny & Taylor 148
    Hostage Situation 394
    I, Panacea 0 (1038)
    Meet the Heberts 470
    NSW 410
    One More Trigger 288
    Reality Intrudes 429
    Recoil 788
    War Games 70
    Wyvern 348

Chances are, next we will have Alea Iacta Est and then Recoil. After that ... anyone's guess.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Chojomeka, macdjord, GNB and 4 others like this.
  16. Threadmarks: Vote 164: Alea Iacta Est
    Ack

Voting points this round: 704

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    Chojomeka - You used an equals sign instead of a hyphen in your NSW vote. Manually fixed.
    Diraniola - You need to put a hyphen between the name of the story and the number. Your votes have been manually entered.
    Dr. Mercurious - You voted for War Games twice in the same vote. One of your votes was annulled. Sorry.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (917)
    Confrontation II 225
    Danny & Taylor 170
    Hostage Situation 433
    I, Panacea 88
    Meet the Heberts 493
    NSW 448
    One More Trigger 351
    Reality Intrudes 457
    Recoil 879
    War Games 130
    Wyvern 468

Chances are, next we will have Recoil. After that ... anyone's guess. There's a whole lot in the 400 range.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

17. Threadmarks: Vote 165: Recoil
    Ack

Voting points this round: 758

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    None. Woo!

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 103
    Confrontation II 297
    Danny & Taylor 192
    Hostage Situation 477
    I, Panacea 188
    Meet the Heberts 519
    NSW 482
    One More Trigger 432
    Reality Intrudes 482
    Recoil 0 (963)
    War Games 197
    Wyvern 568

Well, Recoil is up. Coming next would probably be ... Wyvern, Meet the Heberts, NSW, Reality Intrudes and Hostage Situation, in no particular order.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

18. Threadmarks: Vote 166: Wyvern
    Ack

Voting points this round: 806

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system is down again. Vote counting is currently by hand. Woo.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    None. Woo!

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 200
    Confrontation II 368
    Danny & Taylor 222
    Hostage Situation 534
    I, Panacea 291
    Meet the Heberts 556
    NSW 511
    One More Trigger 503
    Reality Intrudes 506
    Recoil 119
    War Games 264
    Wyvern 0 (669)

Well, Wyvern is up. Coming next would probably be ... Hostage Situation, then Reality Intrudes, One More Trigger, Meet the Heberts and NSW, in no particular order.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

19. Threadmarks: Vote 167: Hostage Situation
    Ack

Voting points this round: 881

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system is down again. Vote counting is currently by hand. Woo.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    xenahortX - The correct vote procedure has been outlined at the bottom of this post. Please follow it. I have given your vote 6 points this time.
    Mistodon - Alea Iacta Est has a 't' on the end. Just saying. I fixed your vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 299
    Confrontation II 433
    Danny & Taylor 248
    Hostage Situation 0 (587)
    I, Panacea 395
    Meet the Heberts 587
    NSW 551
    One More Trigger 580
    Reality Intrudes 543
    Recoil 279
    War Games 337
    Wyvern 116

Well, that was a surprise. Hostage Situation and Meet the Heberts came in at 587 each way. So I checked to see which one got the most points this round, and it went to Hostage Situation. It'll probably be One More Trigger (sneaking up with 580) then Reality Intrudes then Meet the Heberts will finally get its go.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

20. Threadmarks: Vote 168: One More Trigger
    Ack

Voting points this round: 859

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system is once more working well. Thanks, Throne!

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    None! Woo!

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 384
    Confrontation II 486
    Danny & Taylor 276
    Hostage Situation 79
    I, Panacea 518
    One More Trigger 0 (649)
    Reality Intrudes 576
    Recoil 432
    War Games 399
    Wyvern 232

Well, it's One More Trigger (as expected), with Reality Intrudes sneaking up on NSW (just 6 vote points between them) and both of these encroaching on Meet the Heberts. After the smut gets dealt with (not you, Reality), there's I, Panacea and probably Recoil.

Update: NSW and Meet the Heberts have been retired from the running. Sorry.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  21. Threadmarks: Vote 169: I, Panacea
    Ack

Voting points this round: 743

Announcements

I have removed Meet the Heberts and NSW from my vote lineup. Danny & Taylor will be strictly SFW from here on in. Apologies to everyone who was voting just for those.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    Kejmur - Alea Iacta Est was incorrectly spelled. I fixed it for you.
    Rodon - Recoil does not have the number 279 attached. I fixed it for you.
    Chase92 , 1986ctcel , Sol Mark-1 - The fics Meet the Heberts and NSW have been discontinued. Sorry.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 467
    Confrontation II 547
    Danny & Taylor 294
    Hostage Situation 147
    I, Panacea 0 (615)
    One More Trigger 68
    Reality Intrudes 599
    Recoil 577
    War Games 467
    Wyvern 344

Following the unexpected drop-out of two fics (see Announcements) we have I, Panacea, probably to be shortly followed by Recoil, Confrontation II and then Reality Intrudes.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

22. Threadmarks: Vote 170: Recoil
    Ack

Voting points this round: 842

Announcements

Reminder: I have removed Meet the Heberts and NSW from my vote lineup. Danny & Taylor will be strictly SFW from here on in. Apologies to everyone who was voting just for those.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161
    All Alone 25

User Errors:
    None that automatic error-checking did not catch. (Woo!)

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 565
    Confrontation II 616
    Danny & Taylor 306
    Hostage Situation 230
    I, Panacea 143
    One More Trigger 124
    Reality Intrudes 637
    Recoil 0 (728)
    War Games 543
    Wyvern 460

Following the unexpected drop-out of two fics (see Announcements) we have Recoil, soon to be followed by Confrontation II and then Reality Intrudes.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

23. Threadmarks: Vote 171: Confrontation II
    Ack

Voting points this round: 771

Announcements

Reminder: I have removed Meet the Heberts and NSW from my vote lineup. Danny & Taylor will be strictly SFW from here on in. Apologies to everyone who was voting just for those.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161

All Alone [25] (Emma dies in the alley, so Taylor makes a new friend. Sophia Hess. But after some very bad decisions. she's all alone again. Or is she?)
    Collateral Damage [0] (Danny is the most dangerous Tinker in the world. Taylor is her father's daughter.)
    Earning Her Stripes [0] (Sophia has gotten three power vials. Emma and Madison took two, and they're aiming to make Taylor into a villain with the third.)
    First Telkan [0] (A crossover with the massively popular Reddit serial First Contact, by Ralts Bloodthorne.)

User Errors:
    Diraniola - You need to put dashes between the name and the number. I have manually added your votes this time.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 655
    Confrontation II 0 (676)
    Danny & Taylor 318
    Hostage Situation 306
    I, Panacea 268
    One More Trigger 184
    Reality Intrudes 664
    Recoil 128
    War Games 614
    Wyvern 582

This is the last chapter of Confrontation II, bringing the Confrontation miniseries to an end.

When you vote, I would like you also to express your preference toward one of the following to replace it:

Collateral Damage
    Conflict
    Earning Her Stripes
    First Telkan
    Fuck Worm! [NSFW]
    Junior Hero
    MirrorVerse
    Nemesis (might need a name change)
    Prodigal Daughter
    Slippery Slope

Write-ins of my stories that I haven't posted here will also be considered. (Those being commissioned are unavailable for voting.)

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  24. Threadmarks: Vote 172: Alea Iacta Est
    Ack

Voting points this round: 725

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161

All Alone [25] (Emma dies in the alley, so Taylor makes a new friend. Sophia Hess. But after some very bad decisions. she's all alone again. Or is she?)
    Collateral Damage [0] (Danny is the most dangerous Tinker in the world. Taylor is her father's daughter.)
    Earning Her Stripes [0] (Sophia has gotten three power vials. Emma and Madison took two, and they're aiming to make Taylor into a villain with the third.)
    First Telkan [0] (A crossover with the massively popular Reddit serial First Contact, by Ralts Bloodthorne.)

User Errors:
    january1may - Finding the Way is not in the voting round. I have put your vote toward Danny & Taylor.
    Dan Tobias - All Alone and One Bad Day are not in the voting round, and cannot be put toward it. They are under commission.
    Shadow Blaze - One Bad Day is not available for inclusion in the voting round.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (753)
    Danny & Taylor 333
    Hostage Situation 388
    I, Panacea 385
    One More Trigger 264
    Reality Intrudes 686
    Recoil 257
    Slippery Slope 225
    War Games 680
    Wyvern 698

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  25. Threadmarks: Vote 173: Wyvern
    Ack

Voting points this round: 843

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161

Prodigal Daughter [0] (Taylor isn't quite right. But that's okay. She's Jack Slash's daughter. Brockton Bay is in for ... a time.)
    Snek is a Good Boy [0] (The adorrifying adventures of a large snek in and around Brockton Bay.)

User Errors:
    1oldman - I, Panacea wasn't spelled correctly. I have entered your vote manually.
    jerryrice88 Snake/Eater - you need hyphens in your votes, otherwise they don't get registered. I have entered them manually.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 125
    Danny & Taylor 345
    Hostage Situation 466
    I, Panacea 496
    One More Trigger 348
    Reality Intrudes 718
    Recoil 415
    Slippery Slope 287
    War Games 748
    Wyvern 0 (811)

Well, that came pretty close. I guess we can tell what's coming up next: War Games, then Reality Intrudes. The most impressive jump this time around was Recoil, which went from 257 to 415 in one go. If it keeps this up, it may well be third in line after Reality Intrudes.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  26. Threadmarks: Vote 174: War Games
    Ack

Voting points this round: 812

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161

Prodigal Daughter [0] (Taylor isn't quite right. But that's okay. She's Jack Slash's daughter. Brockton Bay is in for ... a time.)
    Snek is a Good Boy [0] (The adorrifying adventures of a large snek in and around Brockton Bay.)

User Errors:
    None (woo!)

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 246
    Danny & Taylor 358
    Hostage Situation 542
    I, Panacea 611
    One More Trigger 415
    Reality Intrudes 755
    Recoil 581
    Slippery Slope 320
    War Games 0 (813)
    Wyvern 119

Well, that came pretty close. I guess we can tell what's coming up next: either Reality Intrudes or Recoil, which went from 415 to 581 in one go. If it keeps this up, it may well pip Reality Intrudes at the post yet again ...

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  27. Threadmarks: Vote 175: Reality Intrudes
    Ack

Voting points this round: 737

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system seems to be down at the moment.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161

User Errors:
    Highlord - Confrontation II is finished. Votes for it are lost.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 342
    Danny & Taylor 367
    Hostage Situation 609
    I, Panacea 726
    One More Trigger 475
    Reality Intrudes 0 (784)
    Recoil 717
    Slippery Slope 355
    War Games 60
    Wyvern 249

That came close. Reality Intrudes just beat out Recoil, by all of 70 points. Recoil will certainly be next up, followed by I, Panacea and probably Hostage Situation.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

28. Threadmarks: Vote 176: Recoil
    Ack

Voting points this round: 720

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system is back up! Woo!.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161

User Errors:
    Highlord - Please ignore. I forgot to take the notification off from last post.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 431
    Danny & Taylor 386
    Hostage Situation 667
    I, Panacea 826
    One More Trigger 538
    Reality Intrudes 35
    Recoil 0 (837)
    Slippery Slope 410
    War Games 122
    Wyvern 368

That came closer. Recoil just beat out I, Panacea, by all of 11 points. I, Panacea will certainly be next up, probably followed by Hostage Situation then One More Trigger.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

29. Threadmarks: Vote 177: I, Panacea
    Ack

Voting points this round: 682

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system is back up! Woo!.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161

User Errors:
    None at all, woo!

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 522
    Danny & Taylor 397
    Hostage Situation 730
    I, Panacea 0 (907)
    One More Trigger 593
    Reality Intrudes 75
    Recoil 134
    Slippery Slope 447
    War Games 181
    Wyvern 479

Hostage Situation is the clear leader for the next spot, then One More Trigger.might get it, but Alea Iacta Est is coming up fast. Based on pure numbers, it will then be Wyvern and then Slippery Slope. But anything can happen between now and then.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

30. Threadmarks: Vote 178: Hostage Situation
    Ack

Voting points this round: 717

Announcements
    Throne3d 's vote counting system is going strong..

Also, I have a free novel on Smashwords, called The Uncle Tal Stories.

MirrorVerse 1140
    Bait & Switch 1164
    Junior Hero 140
    Nemesis 161

User Errors:
    None at all, woo!

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 610
    Danny & Taylor 404
    Hostage Situation 0 (781)
    I, Panacea 120
    One More Trigger 653
    Reality Intrudes 118
    Recoil 282
    Slippery Slope 477
    War Games 248
    Wyvern 582

Well, it's Hostage Situation (as expected), which will be followed by either Alea Iacta Est or One More Trigger (there's only 43 votes between them) then probably Wyvern. After that, I'm guessing maybe Slippery Slope and possibly Danny & Taylor.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    Twilight666 likes this.