• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Well, at least they're not Rexes... (Jurassic Park/World Oneshot)

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

September 21, 1997

Looking down at the open folder in front of him, the well dressed man made...

Harry Leferts

Experienced.
September 21, 1997

Looking down at the open folder in front of him, the well dressed man made a sound of interest before raising his head. Hands clasped in front of his face, he regarded the scientist across the desk from him for several long moments, during which the other man squirmed a bit, "I will admit, it is a... very intriguing idea that you have brought me, Dr. Rupert. An extremely interesting one considering the interest that the events in San Diego brought forth. That said, I do have some questions for you to answer first before we continue."

Just gulping a little, Dr. Rupert gave a small nod, "Of course, Sir. Ask away and I'll answer to the best of my abilities."

Only nodding at that, the other man tapped the folder as his frown deepened, "First and foremost... why did Hammond not go with this idea? According to you, both Sorkin and Wu and their teams methods were chosen over your team's until Wu finally won out." He gestured at one of the pages as he narrowed his eyes, "Especially as it seems to be far cheaper than either of your competition team's."

Grimace on his face, Dr. Rupert shook his head, "It basically came down to how our method did not fit Hammond's... vision. It was not any less effective, it just could not give him what he wanted."

Hum escaping from him, the CEO gave a small nod, "I can actually see that considering things." Releasing a breath, he looked back at the papers, "My other main question is... how much control does InGen have over the process? My company is small fry compared to the likes of InGen, BioSyn, and Manta Corp."

Relief on his face, Dr. Rupert gave him a small smile, "Not patented at all, to be quite honest. And while we don't have all of our notes, we have enough that we can rebuild and since InGen isn't using it, well... it becomes easy enough to do." He then gave a small shrug and shook his head, "A small chicken farm would be enough for us to do our work."

Considering things, the other man continued to read through the paperwork for what seemed to be the twelfth time that day. Then, slowly, his smile grew a bit as he stood up and held out a hand, "Well, I cannot promise you anything until our legal department looks at it... but I think that this will be a very profitable for both of us, and you'll get the credit that you so richly deserve..."
A happy look on his face, the scientist gave a nod as he returned the handshake, "Thank you, Sir. You won't regret this."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

March 31, 2001

Peering through the incubator while in his scrubs, the CEO held his breath for several moments as what looked like a chicken egg slowly cracked as the infant inside chirped. Around him, in their scrubs, the various members of the team he had brought together also held their breath. And then, finally, enough of the egg was broken to reveal what was inside as he smiled, "Wonderful..."

Voice nearly a whisper, Dr. Rupert could almost gasp, "We did it... we actually did it..."

Just nodding as he straightened, the CEO clapped him on the shoulder, "You have, congratulations, Dr." Watching as one of the members took the small creature in their hands and began walking over to weigh them and the like, his smile widened, "Both on time and on budget, just as you promised."

With a nod and a gleam in his eyes, Dr. Rupert chuckled, "Like I told you, we're far better than both Wu and Sorkin."

A laugh escaping from him, the CEO nodded some, "You most certainly are." Then, he hummed a little bit, "Now that we have proof of concept, you mentioned that you can do... variations?"

Grin widening, Dr. Rupert laughed some, "Oh, we most certainly can now, and I have a few ideas for just that..."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 12, 2005

The various members of the press murmured as three steel pet carriers were brought out and placed on the table in front of them. None of them were quite sure why the press conference had been scheduled by Eileithyia Corporation. Especially with how the small corporation, unknown next to giants like InGen and BioSyn as well as Manta Corp, was a relative unknown. For the most part, they had worked on genetic modification of already known animals. For example, a breed of cattle that was designed around having myofibre hyperplasia, which meant that they looked like a bodybuilder version of cattle once grown.

Most of the world's current attention was on the new Jurassic World park that was to open very soon. Hence, it was with some surprise that the Eileithyia Corporation had sent out invitations to major news networks. Which was how they found themselves here currently, if our of curiosity. Said curiosity only grew as the CEO talked about his company's work, and even brought up the current interest in dinosaurs and the like. It went without saying that more than a few reporters blinked as the CEO had one of those gloves that people used with hawks placed on his hand as one of the per carriers was open, only for them to lean forward as he he placed it inside.

Bright smile on his face, the CEO looked around the stunned room with a smile as he nodded, "May I introduce to you all, the newest creation from the labs of Eileithyia Corporation... the Neosaurs."

With that, gasps erupted as he brought out the first creature, which looked like a small, predator dinosaur that was easily able to perch on his arm. It was covered in glossy black feathers and spread its arms some as it let out a warble while looking around curiously.

Quickly standing up, one of the reporters had an awed look, "Sir, you mean that you have also brought back dinosaurs?"

Lightly laughing, the CEO shook his head even as he gently stroked the chest of the dinosaur on his arm, two other men also brining out some, with one covered in feathers similar to a hawk and one with feathers like a parrot, "Ah, that is our secret... these are completely artificial dinosaurs, species never seen on this Earth before." He then gave a nod to an older Dr. Rupert, who seemed like he was about to explode in excitement, "While much of our process is secret, Dr. Rupert here can explain the basics."

After making his way to the microphone and answering some questions, the doctor explained a bit, "... As many of you know, modern birds are descended from dinosaurs. Which means that inside their genetic code, there are still genes from their distant ancestors. We have simply taken some dormant genes and... switched them on, for lack of a better word, while turning others off. What this means is that instead of beaks, they have snouts filled with teeth. Clawed limbs instead of wings, and tails as well."

Yet more questions came from that pronouncement and finally, the CEO spoke up at one question, "Behavior wise, they're very well known and not too different from the base species of birds that we have used to create them with. Now, we have bought the old Jurassic Park site in San Diego and will open it to the public so that they can come and see our Neosaurs. And, I am happy to announce that in a few years, one can buy one for themselves." Hearing the exclamations, he grinned widely, "Yes! In a decade or more, once we fully make sure that everything is well, anyone who has enough money will be able to own one of these marvelous creatures as a companion."

On his arm, the Sofossaurus, descended from ravens, blinked some and chirped at the noise before accepting a small piece of meat that it snapped up.

At least they didn't put frog DNA. I heard that those things eat even Magma Cubes...

Minecraft jokes aside, I want to see the other corporations squirming as they got blindsided by feathered dinos behaving like those cute bird vids.

Omake: Why Neosaurs should never have Parrot DNA
In a facility somewhere, a journalist and a scientist are speaking to one another.

"Does that Neosaur attack people?" The journalist points at the small white-colored Neosaur nearby, perching on top of a monitor.

"No. He hurts you in another way, he judges you." The scientist immediately blurts out.

"Say, I say, boy. What do I tell ya? Your shabby labcoat makes you look like a dumbass." The Neosaur with a parrot DNA spoke up nearby. "And what's this? A journalist who doesn't know fashion and their britches? I say, I say, you are- oh, peanuts." Then it flew away towards the cafeteria.

"..."

"..."

"Yeah, we should put these ones away from children." The scientist sighed heavily.

Yes! In a decade or more, once we fully make sure that everything is well, anyone who has enough money will be able to own one of these marvelous creatures as a companion."
Smexy Dinogirls are around the corner. I can smell it.
At least they didn't put frog DNA. I heard that those things eat even Magma Cubes...

Minecraft jokes aside, I want to see the other corporations squirming as they got blindsided by feathered dinos behaving like those cute bird vids.

In a facility somewhere, a journalist and a scientist are speaking to one another.

"Does that Neosaur attack people?" The journalist points at the small white-colored Neosaur nearby, perching on top of a monitor.

"No. He hurts you in another way, he judges you." The scientist immediately blurts out.

"Say, I say, boy. What do I tell ya? Your shabby labcoat makes you look like a dumbass." The Neosaur with a parrot DNA spoke up nearby. "And what's this? A journalist who doesn't know fashion and their britches? I say, I say, you are- oh, peanuts." Then it flew away towards the cafeteria.

"..."

"..."

"Yeah, we should put these ones away from children." The scientist sighed heavily.
Iago from Aladin could be fun.

To be honest, in this case? InGen, BioSyn, and Manta Corp were so focused on the famous actual dinosaurs, that they ignored this solution.

"..."

"..."

Iago from Aladin could be fun.
Um...
Lightly laughing, the CEO shook his head even as he gently stroked the chest of the dinosaur on his arm, two other men also brining out some, with one covered in feathers similar to a hawk and one with feathers like a parrot, "Ah, that is our secret... these are completely artificial dinosaurs, species never seen on this Earth before."
Smexy Dinogirls are around the corner. I can smell it.
Probably not... unless Wu or one of them added more human DNA to the Indominus.
I liked this. Shame it's a one shot.
Honestly, I just sort of wanted to get it out.

Wasn't there concept art on dino human hybrid for a storyline somewhere? Probably one of many projects canned.
And for very good reason as it was honestly very, very bad.

Though, when I said Indominus...
15369431f2c98b6by_Predaguy.jpg
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back