• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

What are your most hated fanfic tropes

Does the whole "Dadzawa" thing from MHA count? I admit I haven't watched it in years, but I remember him being a dickhead and a really shitty teacher. Also, and I am absolutely in the minority here, Quirkless Hero Izuku. He would need Batman levels of money to get the training and gear he needs to even have a chance of getting into UA. I understand the appeal, but I really don't like it.

Also character bashing, even if they deserve it. It just feels trashy.

>be me, bored mf
> just chilling
> see notification for new chapter of anticipated story
> see big word count
> rub hands together "oh we eating good today boys 😁"
> click
> …..
> ……….
> ………………..
> it's a PHO chapter
c39ilff7itj51.jpg

>be me, bored mf
> just chilling
> see notification for new chapter of anticipated story
> see big word count
> rub hands together "oh we eating good today boys 😁"
> click
> …..
> ……….
> ………………..
> it's a PHO chapter
c39ilff7itj51.jpg

What story is that?

i like PHO parts. mostly bc i like reactions from others and PHO arent that hard to write compared to normal so the chapters are generally a bit longer.

what sucks are the big notifications and its just the author arguing with someone or anything not story related.

Probably S.I: WHAT YOU MEAN THOSE CHARACTERS FROM MY FAV BOOK/ANIME/CARTOON/DOUJIN/LIGHT NOVEL ARE NOW LIVING BREATHING SAPIENT/SENTIENT HUMAN BEINGS WHO CAN ACT DIFFERENTLY IN REGARDS TO MY ACTIONS OVER THE PLOT AND NOT BE AUTOMATAS FOLLOWING THE PLOT MINDLESSLY!?

DON'T BE PREPOSTEROUS! THEY ARE CHARACTERS! NOT PEOPLE! SO I AM THE BIG BALLS SENTIENT CREATURE WHO SEES THE WORLD FROM ABOVE BECAUSE I KNOW THE PLOT! SO THE SHIIIIIIP MUST HAAAAAPPEN FOR MY BIG BALLS!
This one in particular comes with SIs or OCs who go full 'lol I know the plot'.
Gods, those are infuriating.

I hate fics where the MC goes out of their way to defend/redeem female villains but immediately flies into a rage when the villain is a guy.

I've seen so many HP time travel and self-insert fics where Bellatrix and Narcissa are given every chance because "That future hasn't happened yet, they are currently innocent" but the second they come across Malfoy, Pettigrew, and the Lestrange brothers it's suddenly "They need to die because they will do terrible things in the future."

Just admit you want to fuck the female characters.

Don't pretend the mc is some believer in second chances when in reality the only people getting those chances are the ones joining the harem.

I hate fics where the MC goes out of their way to defend/redeem female villains but immediately flies into a rage when the villain is a guy.

I've seen so many HP time travel and self-insert fics where Bellatrix and Narcissa are given every chance because "That future hasn't happened yet, they are currently innocent" but the second they come across Malfoy, Pettigrew, and the Lestrange brothers it's suddenly "They need to die because they will do terrible things in the future."

Just admit you want to fuck the female characters.

Don't pretend the mc is some believer in second chances when in reality the only people getting those chances are the ones joining the harem.
Time to bring out the old reliable chart.
E-Ke6SOX0AMB2ZG.jpg

I will say, I greatly dislike SI. Just, like... be like every fucking isekai/manwha/cultivation thing and just have your super-awesome donut steel beat people up. I'm more inclined to fuck generic anime boys anyway

Misspelled titles, and to slightly lesser (but still considerable) extent improper capitalisation. Also includes punctuated titles, unless deliberately structured as a full sentence.
  • New Story (Setting)
  • New Stroy (Setting)
  • New story (setting)
  • New Story. (Setting.)
...on second thought, all sentence-structured titles in general. Away with the light novel knockoffs.

ADD: Extra deluxe version for fun.
  • New stroy. a setting fanfic.

Last edited:
Just as the title says. Ill go first!!

My most hated one is gamer systems tbh. Dont get me wrobg i enjoy gamer fics its just thete are so many issues with the format. Plus from my experiance most non gamer-lite gamer fics get dropped.

So what can I say here? That I hate everything where it's bad? That I want to read books that are as light as possible despite the darkness? How can I justify that I don't read heavy topics? Maybe I should write about my religious worship of canon characters? and that's why I read everything that somehow distracts me from, excuse me Oum, a severed hand? Well, yes. I close myself, as always, in my cocoon, and I don't want any infection to get in there. INCLUDING me, because naturally the imago should not turn into some kind of duck and ghoul. If only mushrooms would grow in my mouth. So I guess I hate seeing people like me in fanfiction. Petty. not deserving. fucking...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back