• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Plan: Mid-Izuko
[X][Think] Future 'improvements' for your host. (Insight into and attempted unlock of 'Mutation'. Sets goals.)
[X][Think] The pretty sparks of your host's mind. (Random snippets of host memories. Augments the other choice.)
[X][Scene] Looking through glass at clothing. (In a shopping area.)
Cause clearly puberty needs to hurry up the Growth.

Last edited:
[X][Think] Future 'improvements' for your host. (Insight into and attempted unlock of 'Mutation'. Sets goals.)
[X][Think] The pretty sparks of your host's mind. (Random snippets of host memories. Augments the other choice.)

[X ][Scene] Looking through glass at clothing. (In a shopping area.)

[X][Think] What's up with the World not giving you a role? (Attempt to unlock a System function. Some info on mindworms.

[X][Think] What's up with the World not giving you a role? (Attempt to unlock a System function. Some info on mindworms.)

[X][Scene] In bed? Still? (A day or two later, but at home.)

[X][Think] What's up with the World not giving you a role? (Attempt to unlock a System function. Some info on mindworms.)

The link isn't working for me. To fix it, remove everything in the url after .png

Personally, I'm not terribly enthused by Combat or Mutation at first glance.

Thinking about synergies - its other pairings are obvious, but I'm not sure how 'host memories' would interact with System function; maybe the first crack in wormy's certainty that this world works the way it's familiar with?

Combat seems like it could go well with Boom or Hero-watching... although on second thought, since explosions are most likely Bakugo, trying to handle that via Combat could be a dangerous anti-synergy! Perhaps having host memories as the third of the set could mitigate the combination? But even if so, I'm not convinced it would be a net positive overall. Maybe Mutation+explosions, as a regular stressor the host is exposed to? People have jumped on Mutation+shopping, and that does seem a plausible enough link in terms of doubling down on the existing misunderstanding.

I'm not actually coming up with much that the beratement might be - probably just a generic middle-school teacher getting in on the bullying, if I make assumptions to keep it in line with my guesses for the other [Scene] options, but what effect would that have? Lying in bed might go well with self-reflection, goal-setting, and so on? But that takes in half the [Think] choices, and we have two of them... maybe it's balanced as weaker but broadly applicable? Psi probably needs interaction with other people, which suggests the 'being yelled at' scene or maybe shopping as a more distant second.

Hmm... I think I'll go with
[x][Think] The pretty sparks of your host's mind. (Random snippets of host memories. Augments the other choice.)
[x][Think] Ways to ensure the progress bar knows you are pointedly ignoring it. (Attempt full unlock of 'Mindworm Psi'.)
[x][Scene] Exhausted and being berated. (Older man is yelling at her.)

[ X][Think] How the heck you messed up [Leap Attack] earlier. (Attempt unlock of 'Combat'. Influences the host.)
[ X][Think] Future 'improvements' for your host. (Insight into and attempted unlock of 'Mutation'. Sets goals.)

[ X][Scene] In bed? Still? (A day or two later, but at home.)

Thank you, @DIT_grue , for your post. It's nice to see some discussion potentially starting.

Thinking about synergies - its other pairings are obvious, but I'm not sure how 'host memories' would interact with System function; maybe the first crack in wormy's certainty that this world works the way it's familiar with?
Synergies and interactions were what I had in mind when writing the various options with the [Think] choices having a effects on how the mindworm reacts to the [Scene] that it finds itself in. There are no flat out bad choices here for the protagonist, but some are more 'optimal' than others depending on if you're looking at not making waves, at going down certain routes, or just aiming to change the status quo for the host.

Combat seems like it could go well with Boom or Hero-watching... although on second thought, since explosions are most likely Bakugo, trying to handle that via Combat could be a dangerous anti-synergy! Perhaps having host memories as the third of the set could mitigate the combination? But even if so, I'm not convinced it would be a net positive overall. Maybe Mutation+explosions, as a regular stressor the host is exposed to? People have jumped on Mutation+shopping, and that does seem a plausible enough link in terms of doubling down on the existing misunderstanding.
Would it help if I suggest thinking in terms of what mindset the [Think] options would put our nameless mindworm in?

I'm not actually coming up with much that the beratement might be - probably just a generic middle-school teacher getting in on the bullying, if I make assumptions to keep it in line with my guesses for the other [Scene] options, but what effect would that have?
The exact reasons that Izuku is getting yelled at in that [Scene] may vary, depending on [Think] choices picked, but I will say that it isn't someone being randomly nasty to the host.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back