• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Why No Avatars Guys?

Don't know about anyone else, but I just never bothered to find the time to look for something I like to use as an avatar. Not like I talk a lot really though, this is my 7th post in 6 months.

I used to not bother because every picture I tried wasn't the right size, and I couldn't be bothered. Then one day eventually I decided to make one myself when I was feeling particularly expressive.

I used to not bother because every picture I tried wasn't the right size, and I couldn't be bothered. Then one day eventually I decided to make one myself when I was feeling particularly expressive.

You do realize the forum resizes an image when you use it? Mine is like 2-3 times avatar size normally.

You do realize the forum resizes an image when you use it? Mine is like 2-3 times avatar size normally.

Maybe after the Xenforo move but I don't think before? Also, steam profiles are much more finicky, and I wanted one profile pic for everything.

One big reason I never used this avatar on the old forum: Having one of the few animated avatars (just look at that mini-profile, those ears are the best!) around isn't so special on SMF, where it...isn't one of the few animated avatars around.

And it's animated constantly on SMF.

Little story behind mine: I actually wanted to use the same profile pic I use for SB & SV, but it wouldn't fit. So I compromised by using a different fanart of the same character.

There's so many new members but so few with avatars. So why no avatars guys?
Because they want to be fairies!

You are your Avatar. What will you do? How annoying is the change?

Scenario 1: It is IRL.

Scenario 2: You are your avatar in its setting.

If you don't have an avatar you are a Touhou fairy with random a element. If your avatar is too abstract, you are a Touhou youkai of your avatar.

Fairy elements 1d26:
1. Sun
2. Light
3. Moon
4. Stone
5. Air
6. Fire
7. Earth
8. Water
9. Nature
10. Death
11. Life
12. Ghost
13. Dream
14. Dark
15. Shadow
16. Electric
17. Poison
18. Metal
19. Gem
20. Ice
21. Plant
22. Weather
23. Cloud
24. Mist
25. Sky
26. Star

Because I just showed up here and I need to figure out a good avatar.

Just a word of warning, I'm thinking it needs a bit of panache, so it may involve the most dreaded thing I could find on the Internet. So NSFW that even I am horrified that my mind could be so dirty.

It will likely be a picture of a young couple holding hands!

Or puppies!

[INTERNAL SCREAMING INTENSIFIES]

EDIT: On second thought, just picked it.

Last edited:
Honestly, what kind of site doesn't have a few premade avatars to choose from, anyway? Uploading your own picture should always be an option, not a requirement.

Honestly, the reason I didn't have an avatar for the longest time was because I wasn't intending on posting. I initially joined just to read quests and such in between classes and homework. That's the extent of my reason for not having an avatar until recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back