• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Hello, I'm generally a lurker and I have enjoyed the update, having to repick something every single time is super annoying. I've always followed stories I've enjoyed. There is now an annoying default change.
This window always defaulted to 'without receiving email notifications'. Now it defaults to 'receive email notifications'. It should default to the least intrusive option unless something is implemented to remember your choice.

For me the default was "without receiving email notifications".

It seems to be controlled by this checkbox in Preferences:

oc4fnl.jpg

For me, that checkbox was empty (and is still empty, I don't want email).

There's an issue with parsing BBCode colors.

Code:
[color= red] The deadline for the vote is Thursday, April 4th at 1900 hours Eastern Daylight Time (-4 GMT).[/color]

[color=red ] The deadline for the vote is Thursday, April 4th at 1900 hours Eastern Daylight Time (-4 GMT).[/color]

[color=red] The deadline for the vote is Thursday, April 4th at 1900 hours Eastern Daylight Time (-4 GMT).[/color]
Of the three lines above, the first two do not color the text red, while the last one does. The difference is the space after the = sign in the first one, and the space before the closing ] on the second one. This does not seem like it should matter, but it does.

[color= red] The deadline for the vote is Thursday, April 4th at 1900 hours Eastern Daylight Time (-4 GMT).[/color]

[color=red ] The deadline for the vote is Thursday, April 4th at 1900 hours Eastern Daylight Time (-4 GMT).[/color]

The deadline for the vote is Thursday, April 4th at 1900 hours Eastern Daylight Time (-4 GMT).

If it is possible to fix this parsing issue, I suspect it would help in various places where people made typing mistakes. The above came from a quest update.

Last edited:
I use a screen reader. The now static bar across the top gets read to me every page. The page also starts behind it. So first the reader reads the bar, and then it reads the bit of story I already heard behind the bar, and if I cancel and scroll, it will read the bar again. I don't like it.

Looks to be there in both mobile and desktop.

I use a screen reader. The now static bar across the top gets read to me every page. The page also starts behind it. So first the reader reads the bar, and then it reads the bit of story I already heard behind the bar, and if I cancel and scroll, it will read the bar again. I don't like it.

There's a setting in preferences for that.

In Preferences check the Disable box for Sticky Header Navbar.

I'm having an odd issue on the mobile version of the site. If I open an alert in a new tab (which I usually do, since I often get 20+ alerts at one time) then when I open the page, it's scrolled to the very bottom of the page. I have to refresh the page again to have it jump to the right post. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on Android, using Firefox as my browser if that helps.

There really needs to be better differentiation of the main body of a post and the signature. I've lost count of the number of times I've opened a spoiler box only to be totally confused at the contents being unrelated, then realize that I was in the poster's signature. This is on Lightened for reference.

There really needs to be better differentiation of the main body of a post and the signature. I've lost count of the number of times I've opened a spoiler box only to be totally confused at the contents being unrelated, then realize that I was in the poster's signature. This is on Lightened for reference.

Dark is similar, where there is a thin faint grey line between the post and the signature.

If I ever put a signature the first words will be "Signature Starts Below", so there is space between my post and any signature I have.

I've honestly lost track of how many times that particular issue has cropped up. I'm surprised that's not off by default at this point.

Easily, the part that pisses me off the most, is the location of the what's new button. The number of times I hit that button on accident, while trying to check for update to the threads I follow, is driving me crazy. Absolutely needs to be moved. Removed preferably, but moved at the very freaking least.

I've honestly lost track of how many times that particular issue has cropped up. I'm surprised that's not off by default at this point.
The problem with it being off by default is that there are probably some people who do want it to be on so just turning it off for everyone would be awkward.

I liked the Dark High Contrast style except for one thing. When viewing the alerts notifications (I like seeing ALL alerts), "read" alerts and "unread" alerts have the same background with no difference in shading.

It'd be nice for QoL if it were differentiated like in some of the other styles for faster review of alerts.

Is there a way to reenable the old button at the top and bottom of each page that opened up the site map? It made navigating QQ easier, rather than having to go to the front page each time I want to go to a different part of the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back