1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by Latewave, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Re: You Won A Town. Here we go. One last time around.

*Hello Baby sister. If you are reading this note you found my gift. I thought that you needed a pet. You wouldn't fault me for how I got a hold of it. A man was throwing bags of kittens into the river. I promptly dispatched him in a fitting way and saved all of the kittens. As I was looking through them and treating them this one reminded me of you. And I thought yes I should give this one to you. So Happy Birthday, Belated. Her name is Duchess. But You already knew that. Also given the kittens powers you may want to bond it as a familiar. Oh well if you don't. *

*With Love,

Elrich*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. MasterBlade

MasterBlade Getting sticky.

What. What? Was she really THAT predictable with names? I mean, she did have a horse named Princess, and named the bat haunting Elrich's hall Countess. And then there was...

NEVERMIND! Adeline wasn't going to give up the kitten because it may or may not be a spy of Elrich's. She will just assume the kitten is too cute to be a double agent of some kind. However, the various fire damage around the village from his surprise gift WILL be accounted to his name, and he will be fined regardless. Because she can fine people as mayor. AND DAMNED IF SHE WASN'T GOING TO DO IT!

Speaking of she should probably take care of said fires around the town.

Eh, one of the water minions would likely do it sooner or later. Library trip first, to figure out how to take care of a fire cat familiar thing. Because there's no feasible problem with bringing an untrained fire cat into a paper library.

3. Latewave

With Adam and Hensworth.

Well you've entered the Forest Realm and started wandering around. You've got no idea where any of the events are. You do have a vague knowledge of where a town is if you feel like heading that way.

(13)

That is a massive spider.

And it's trying to eat a little girl and her puppy.

You may want to do something about that.

Like hurry up.

"Virdi doesn't like this gaaaaaaaaaame."

Adeline

You make your way to the library. Thoth is currently talking on the phone with someone.

"Excuse me a minute, Victor."

He turns to you. And immediately his eyes focus on the kitten. He raises one hand and forms a ball of yarn.

The kitten's eyes Dilate as the ball forms. It wantssssss.

Thoth tosses it to the side and your kitten gives you kitten eyes and runs off towards the yarn.

"I'm guessing you are here because of the cat."

4. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

"...Awww hell." Adam mutters as he hefts the shovel, running at a dead sprint at the spider, eyes open for any webs that it might have placed. "Hold on kiddo, we'll handle this here mess right quick like." He says as he skids to a halt, trying to rip a rock out of the earth to throw at the beast's legs.

5. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Giving the area a quick glance Damien is rather glad he ended up only bringing Tesla and Vari with him. The thought of trying to keep three hyper electrified minions under control in this environment is enough to send chills down his spine. Thankfully, both Vari and Tesla at least seem to be getting along with...Alpha he thinks was the name? Regardless, that's one problem he doesn't have to worry about.

"Let's make a stop by the cave then since it's on the way there. Mind telling me a bit about yourselves and what we might see around here on the way?"

6. MasterBlade

Adeline questions how the librarian was so well prepared to cater to the cat, but shrugs it off as working with Elrich for the greater evil.

"I have tracked down the creature terrorizing the village and have adopted it as a pet. I would like a manual regarding how to take care of it, a book on familiars, and the name of whatever merchant you purchased the distraction yarn from."

She turns to the kitten and its yarn, trying to estimate how long it would last. Might help in determining a yarn budget.

7. SupahKiven

SupahKiven Getting sticky.

"Uh oh." Hensworth runs over, sliding to a stop between the girl and the spider. He bashes his chest and starts swinging his anchor. "Listen here, beast! You want this girl? You'll have ta go through me! I do it like we do in the bush." He swings the anchor down to smash the spider's head in. "And you don't want to do it like we do in the bush."

=====

Alpha tries to keep up with these new minions, Vara and Toosla he thinks they're called. They move really fast though, and its kinda hard to follow. He just kinda follows Damien and talks happily, if somewhat sluggishly, to these other minions.

8. Latewave

Adam and Hensworth.

Adam runs in with his shovel and rips a Massive rock out of the ground and flings it at the spider and stuns it.

The little girl has managed to escape to the trees.

Yay.

Good job.

Now you have a pissed off spider to deal with.

Hensworth

Your anchor smashes into it's head and starts pushing it downwards using a pressure jet. Maybe you should use another move and combo it?

I'd recommend Adam take advantage of the situation right now?

Adeline

"Well for care I can just tell you off the bat it's just like a normal cat. just make sure you don't keep anything that can be set on fire nearby."

"I do have a book on Familiars. If you want to bind the cat as one. I can do the ritual for you pretty quickly if you wish. Also I conjured the Yarn. I've got enough levels in Conjuration to pretty much make simple stuff like that pretty easily."

The kitten is currently tied up in the yarn. It's meowing cutely with wide massive eyes.

It's in Kitten Town right now.

Damien

Merrick begins talking.

"I'm the Great Grandson of Old Man Wulf. I've lived in the forest realm for my entire life. I've been wild for a long while. Ever since I left the forest realm I've felt so much better. I don't really understand why."

Uthane takes the chance to talk himself.

"I'm the last child born to the first ones. Before me It was around two hundred years since the last child. I look at all the things my people have made and I'm just sad. We've not been able to do anything about it because plagues and various other disasters. Thanks to you we may be able to at least reclaim one of the old forges."

Merrick starts talking about the area.

"I'm not from here but there is a decent amount of stuff to deal with here. It's mostly aquatic life but various other things pop up sometimes. I've seen the thing that man called a Leviant. It's not that bad. We could more then likely take it if need be. At least I think we could. It may have magic or somethin. Not sure."

You make it to the Cave. It angles down slighty and the water flows down it making it slippery.

Well then.

I'll rename it for you.

Welcome to slipslide cave.

Have fun.

Spider turn.

It spits webbing around the area in various spots.

What it rolled poorly okay.

9. Moronis

Adam leaps up, dragging a rock up and down onto the spider's head, shouting out a warning to Hensworth as he does so.

10. MasterBlade

Adeline quickly skims through the book on familiars.

"User binds soul with animal... bluh bluh two become one bluh... gained shared traits and influences from one another..."

[​IMG]

No, that is not happening ever. Adeline puts the familiar book down and picks up yarn town. She can't imagine what kind of fool would fuse his being with a monster for some sort of edge, but HER family was better than that.

And no, Dutchess is not monster, but point stands. They are escaping to forest portal.

11. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Staring into the darkness of the cave, Damien comes to a quick decision and grabs the three minions as he dives forward, wooping like a hooligan as his body speeds into the blackness, minions trailing behind him.

12. SupahKiven

Hensworth yanks the chain, pulling the anchor back towards him. He catches it in his free hand, glancing back to make sure the girl got away. Satisfied with the fact that she got away, Hensworth runs at the spider, avoiding the splotches of web it spits out. He goes to the side, giving Adam a thumbs up on his way past. Hensworth jumps into the air and throws his anchor, which he propels with a jet of water into the spider's thorax.

=====

Alpha throws his arms up in the air. He wonders what's at the bottom of this cave.

13. Latewave

Adam and Hensworth.

Adam keeps on crushing the spider. Causing it major damage. What with it being a squishy spider and what not.

And Hensworth has anchored his way onto the thorax. Doing extra damage via acceleration via gravity.

Damien

You slide down into a Cave.

It's full of water. Obviously. You can see other slides like the one you rode. You also see a Cube thing in a bottom of a rather deep pool.

Also you can see some weird fish things in the pool as well.

Adeline

Elrich opens a portal to you.

"Not even trying to solve the riddle baby sister? You're no fun at all."

SPIDER

The spider turns silver and a prominent Black skull forms on it's thorax.

It's on a RAMPAGE.

Aka Monster Limit Break.

It shakes you all off and Leaps into the trees.

Welcome to my parlor said the spider to the fly.

14. MasterBlade

Re: You Won A Town. Spider has gone on a rampage.

Adeline quickly draws her pan and attempts several Flame Strikes on Elrich with it, jumping through his portals to get at his position.

"YOU! SUCK! AT! RIDDLES! TRY! READING! A! BOOK!

Yeah, lets wait for her to tire out. This will be a while.

15. Moronis

Adam starts throwing rocks at the spider in an effort to get it to come down.

16. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Despite the presence of the strange fish, Damien slips on his dive mask and plunges into the pool after telling the minions to stay put for a minute, figuring he can grab that cube and see what it is, and zap anything that wants to mess with him.

17. SupahKiven

"Let's get 'im!" Hensworth quickly jumps to his feet and begins to run after the spider.

=====

Alpha bounces, antsy about being so close to some water to swim in. He knows Damien is told him not to, but the water is practically calling him. He decides he'll jump in real quick and see what one of those fishes are.

18. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

Brad finally awakens from his slumber, fully healed. He then makes his way back up the stairs to his rooms and spends time removing the cast. He then heads out the front door in running shorts and a tank top ready to start some field training. He readies his rake and casts Tailwind on himself, and then proceeds to run around the town. While running, he drags the rake behind him to see what happens, to see if it casts a spell or anything.

19. Latewave

Adeline

"No. I'm having too much fun. You know what fun is right baby sister? I'm enjoying freedom. It let's me actually do things that I'm enjoy doing. It's pretty marvelous actually."

Elrich is just going to keep taunting Adeline while endless portal spam. Let's just skip to the next guys.

Damien

He swims down and grabs the Ability Cube with no issues.

You Got

Moon Step.

Alpha

He looks at the fish.

Something looks off about it.

He pokes it with his claw.

It makes a ringing noise.

It's made of metal?

What?

Brad

He drags his rake around while running faster. It doesn't really do anything. Maybe he should go and try fighting something in a realm. Or failing that. Go and spend money at Vil's Gym and instantly get a bit further on in training.

Just a word of advice.

Hensworth and Adam.

The spider is leaping tree to tree trailing web as it goes. It's staying in the clearing however. Well in the trees surrending it anyways.

Wait Is it making a giant Spiderweb? Why. It's not like you'll be caught in it?

It jumps to the middle of the Web and puts it's thorax in the air.

The Skull flashes and suddenly it's pitch black.

What the fuck just happened?

I'd brace yourselves if I was you.

20. Moronis

Adam braces himself as best he can, trying to get to cover while avoiding any webs where possible.

21. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Such a strange thing. Almost like a rubiks cube, though he's never seen one that glows or shifts colors like this. Doesn't seem to be any buttons or switchs, and it refuses to turn like a actual rubiks would. Damien continues fiddling with it as he alternates his gaze between the cube, the strange fish, and looking around the underwater area.

22. SupahKiven

Hensworth tenses up, standing still. He yanks the chain, catching the anchor and gripping it tightly. He crouches slightly, prepared to spring into action. "Adam, my boy! Be careful! We could get separated, like when I went spelunking this one time with my poker buddies..."

=====

Alpha examines the metal fish carefully. It's not... real. He tries to pull it back to shore with him.

23. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

Brad decides that running around like an asshole isnt gonna help him train properly. He needs a teacher. He heads over to Thoth's library to find him inside.
    "Hey, Thoth, can you help me train some? I wanna try out some stuff, but I need to know if what I'm doing will work at all or if Im just wasting my time. Maybe while you're at it you could lecture to me about more magic theory? If you're busy thats cool too. I know you probably got a lot on your plate."

Brads minions, bored from doing basically nothing all night, decide to do a little adventuring. They make their way through the water portal, and out onto the beginning island. From there, they all go in a spiral search pattern 50 feet in the air from the portal to the edges of the island, to see if there was anything anyone missed.

24. Moronis

Adam looks at Hensworth before a strange sensation overtakes him. The shovel feels... Weighty and slow. But importantly so. If Adam had to describe it he'd have to say it was mountainous. No. Not right. More how mountains are made.

Tectonic. That's what he'd have to describe it. He glances up, something gripping him. "Hensworth. I got a feelin' here. Don't quite rightly know what it is but if'n this don't work y' can yell at me." Adam mutters back, swinging the shovel and swinging a rock at the spider, aimed right at the beast's center mass.

25. MasterBlade

Re: You Won A Town. Limit breaks for everyone.

"WHAT! ABOUT! DUTY!?!?!?"

-----------------------------------------------

Adeline kicks open the door tothe library, then promptly falls to the floor onto the doormat.

Dutchess rolls in shortly after, almost fully encased within the yarn ball.

"You were talking about a cat=powered power booster? Yes why don't we do that. Just give me a minute to not faint on the ground.

26. SupahKiven

Hensworth feels a tugging at his anchor. He raises an eyebrow, more out of instinct than anything, and pulls it back slightly. It tugs itself forward again, almost like it was caught in a torrent. He mutters to himself "Well ta pull something this heavy, you'd need something real bloody strong..." Tightening his grip on the chain, Hensworth lets the anchor pull itself forward. He heard the whispering of the trees as the spider skittered through it. It'd be hard to hit, for sure, but Hensworth has a feeling that this sudden force won't need to be aimed this time. He releases the chain and fires off a Deluge, letting the current take hold.

27. Latewave

Thoth eyes you and sighs. He then perks up and smiles.

"I know the perfect way to help you out. You want experience in manipulating the wind. Well you can learn from a natural master of it."

The way he's smiling bodes ill.

He reaches behind his back and pulls out a puppy?

What?

Why?

"This puppy here isn't what you think it is. Well let me rephrase that. It is a puppy. However it is a puppy of a species that naturally can manipulate the wind at high levels of control."

He calmly places the puppy down. Does he expect you to fight a puppy?

"Your job is to try to beat the puppy in a game of wind magic. I don't expect you to win. I do expect you to learn something. You may even get an idea of something to try."

The puppy is surrounded by a spiraling wind.

"Don't worry too much. This one isn't as bad as it's cousins. After all this one won't set you on fire."

The puppy rushes up to you and blows you away.

Have fun.

The Ability Cube glows.

You got MOON STEP!

On Accident.

Well oops.

You now know how to do the ancient martial arts technique of Moon Step. It's totally not a double jump. It allows you to

*NARRATION INTERRUPT*

A looming shadow forms in your eyesight. It's a rather large fish. Well technically it's a rather large mechanical fish. But you don't know that yet. However you do know that you really should get the fuck out of dodge. After all it's mouth is full of teeth. And we all know that you don't want to get a chunk taken out of your skin.

You swim out of the way and up.

The fish follows you.

Chomp Chomp Chomp.

I think it's hungry for Damien.

You fly out of the water with how fast you are swimming to get the fuck out of dodge.

And it flies up into the cavern.

*Mechanical Destroyer*

*PIRINAS*

Well now. You got yourself a fight.

You've got One Water minion and Two Electric Minions.

He's got a bunch of smaller fish.

You have this in the bag.

Instead of the normal rock that comes out when you use this move. A pillar of earth flows and smashes into the spider. Crushing one of the legs and leaving a stump bleeding a green goop. However it's only a glancing blow. Compared to what you wanted anyways, but it'll slow the creature down but that's all you really need isn't it?

Thoth smiles.

"Are you sure? Once you make this decision you can't really turn back. But who am I kidding. You're Adeline Masters. You don't back down an iota."

He smirks.

"Give me a second to set this up."

He draws a small circle on a piece of paper and some words on it.

"Be bound by writ of contract. Be bound by Blood and Faith. Be bound by Magic and Honor. Three times I knock. Three I times you answer."

He takes the paper and applies it to your hand.

It burns and sinks into your skin.

You can see the same symbol appear on your cat.

Contract Accepted.

Have a nice day.

You decide that now would be a good time for a nap.

You wake up five minutes later with a kitten on your head and a feeling that your brother is laughing at you somewhere.

However you get the feeling that you were supposed to be doing something.

Huh wonder what that could be.

The sheer force of the anchor as it flies through the air would have knocked you off your feet if you were a weaker man. However, You are not a weak man.

For you it is a lot more force then you were expecting. It's also faster then what the spider was expecting. It wraps around two of it's legs and with a slight pull.

You just ripped off another pair of it's legs.

Now down to five legs leaking whatever it has for blood all over the place and barely able to keep it's balance. It seems like it's mostly defeated.

But then don't most creatures get more dangerous as they get hurt?

It's eyes are clouding.

I wouldn't get too close though.

It may still want to take a bite.

You don't know what kinda poison it has after all.

Minions

Alpha has claimed a mechanical fish thingy. Well that's good right?

The Five Winds find plenty of little islands to visit. But don't notice anything. But that may be that they are kinda visible on a nice day like this.

The Three Zapped up Hyper squad are currently in a fight with a pack of clockwork horrors.

Don't worry they are winning so far.

The Rock Lords are currently in a cave.

Why?

They kinda fell into a tunnel. After the earth opened up underneath them.

They are however made of rock and not hurt but it's not like they can get back up right now.

Fire minions are being fire minions?

28. Moronis

Adam glances at the seemingly downed spider, keeping far away from it. He glances at Hensworth. "I'm reckoning we keep away from it till it stops movin'. That or we finish it. Yer thoughts?"

----------------------

Aider rubs at his head. That was a doozy of a fall. He glances around and sees his brothers shaking off dirt and rubble. The five of them huddle up and start looking at their surroundings.

29. MasterBlade

Adeline sits down, trying to gather her thoughts. What WAS she doing? There was the breakfast, a bunch of fires...

ELRICH! Thats right! She was in the library to get an edge over Elrich! Her eyes quickly dart to the tatoo'd hand... which she should probably cover in a glove. But no matter; if a familiar hat would aid in beating some sense into her brother, then a hat she will wear!

Although the burning sensations everywhere felt a little odd. Perhaps she should not have skimmed the book so hastilly. Adeline quickly retrieved the book on Familiars to take a more in-depth look as to what she had just agreed to.

And then her hand bursts into flames.

ACK! Adeline quickly uses her other hand to beat and smother the flames, causing Dutchess to fall off her head, and smoke to drift around the library. Suprisingly enough her hand was fine, but the book...

Well it was a good time as any to get the heck out of the library before its keeper could react. There was still the matter of that village, and another dimension would probably be a good safety radius to avoid chains and doom!

30. SupahKiven

Hensworth keeps his eyes on the woozy spider. "I think we should take the bloody thing out. Who knows what it'll be able to do, even wounded." He reels back his anchor and motions to the arachnid. "Your call."

=====

Alpha drags the robo fish onto land and is about to look at it further when he hears a splash and the sound to teeth slamming together. He turns around to find a giant fish and Damien. With a start, he leaps away from one of the smaller fish and jumping back and tearing it up with his claws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.