• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

She's probably flipping to the Federated Commonwealth side of things.

You may have just made Hanse Davion First Lord of the Star League....
Yeah, that would probably be more impressive, if the other two states actually gave a damn.

Though I suppose... Ah what the hell, why not?
I mail Hanse a nice hat, with the Cameron star on it, that says "Hanse Davion, First Lord".

True. But not like he's going to blow you up or anything.
Blowing me up? No. Sending Natasha to take the license fees out of my hide? Maybe.

Yep. And Chancallor Liao is getting inpatient with your efforts as well.
Ehh, damn, well if this last bit doesn't get it all, I say to take what we do have and leave.
[dice]2287[/dice]

Okay. Will take YEARS. Decades even.
That's fine, it was always a long term research plan.

Nothing. New Dallas on the otherhand... LOTS.
Okay, but the funding increase was meant to go to the... Eh, fuck it. Should probably wait until we actually have a yard set up before, along with factories actually capable of producing the parts needed to repair the Tripitz, before restarting the repairs.

Not happening. The only way you could do that is if you were running on the same mary sue juice that powers Wolfnet.
Wasn't that the chemicals that made you tell the truth, while erasing your short term memory? :p

You're not that incompetent.
OOC: I was implying ComStar decided to do what it does best. Fuck people over.

Good news... they're onto something! One more roll
[dice]2288[/dice]

OOC: So, seeing as there's no source that goes into detail about what the Risin cache was, should I assume general mechs, fighters, vehicles, and technical data?

House Liao's production capablity at the moment s rather fucked.
Well seeing as they once again got invaded, not surprising.

Understood. It's a hard negotiation but they agree to give back Menke and Victoria, release all prisoners, and return any Confederation owned equipment taken on those two planets. The BigMac broke their contract, but it is not without reason, so while they are not being held accountable to the Mercenrary Review Board she's not going to try and get them back their lost equipment.
I'm fairly certain that I actually gave back the Big Mac's downed mechs and vehicles, seeing as they left Confederation employ. Yeah, that was actually part of the deal, if they decided to leave Liao service. Course I compensated all of my forces who had claim to the salvage with either new mechs or money. So hopefully the Mercs are happy.

She also wants to know what the HELL were you digging for on Menke and Victoria.
Star League Caches, kind of hard not to figure it out, unless we blew up the faculties when we left. Did we do that? I don't really see the point, seeing as I'm fairly certain I gave orders to leave nothing of importance behind. Which now that I think about it, probably could be interpreted to blow the faculties up. Well if we did do that, say nothing. If we actually left them stripped but intact, might as well tell her as she should be able to figure it out herself.

Speaking of the faculties, of the four Star League Mech production lines we looted from Victoria, one of them was the Sling. Do you want to come up with the other three, or should I do it?

More forgiving of inferior and irregular maintenance. Succession War problems.
Ah, the old lostech problem, got it.

Partial maintenance specs.
That ought to help once we figure out the full maintenance specs.

Full production specs
That ought really help.

Specs for repair and refit, not production
Not bad.

Not 100% complete, but enough information they could be put into production with some time and effort to fill the gaps.

Basically the production specs but none of the "Tribal knowledge" that streamlines the process survives.
Well, this really help our jumpship problem, once we get a yard going.

Totally corrupted. Total loss.

That said, it's ironic you're missing the specs for the most common jumpship in the IS and useful too because you could probably get the invader specs and a first born daughter in trade for one of the others at one of the smaller shipping yards.
Probably trade the Merchant for the Invader. Now to think about which shipping yard to trade with.
You also have an active Buccaneer line that isn't listed.
Oh, that's handy.

So what do you like to do?
Archeology, history, driving fast cars, going to the operas/broadway/ballet, nature jogs, reading and collecting books, tinkering, classical and latinesque dancing.

You are more in common than the Lyrans and Federated Suns. You have more in common than they did with the last batch of idiots her mother tried to wed her off to.

If you're so pessimistic, why did you agree for her to come?
I wanted to meet the future ruler of the Magitracy, and see what kind of woman she was. (fact that I don't trust her mother is to be left out)

She thinks it could be possible. Difficult, but possible.
I'm not denying it's possible, it's difficulty that's getting to me. Still, I'm willing to try.

She likes those too.
Good, I'd like to see if we can't has them out while she's here.

Just expanded. Your schools are FIRST RATE even by IS standards.
Detachable on a Mech is questionable. On a fighter? Much more doable.

And integrated is also going to be reasonably simple. So you want them re-loadable? Because that's a different engineering challenge.

2d6 for RLs and another if you bite the MRM concept
[dice]2290[/dice]
[dice]2291[/dice]

Talk to them when you can build Ultra ACs

Yes. It's called an "AC10"

Yes... 2d6
[dice]2292[/dice]
Maybe. They'll toy with it. 2d6
[dice]2293[/dice]

Maybe. But it'll take a while to experiment with.

2d6
[dice]2294[/dice]

many defensive turrets, a solid ASF force, liberal AMS... some armor wouldn't hurt.
Hmm, alright, start ramping up production for turrets, pull the data for the AMS off the core, and set production up for that. And have the Hells' Black Aces reassigned to Taurus, and pay them extra to operate as OpFers and teachers for ASF forces.

How about a deal instead. The yards have been badly stripped over the centuries. But if you're willing to help get them working again eventually you can have where there is now.

Basically you can have what you can find, but later on you have to help them rebuild and reopen them
That sounds like good deal to me. Just have to take care of the negotiations with the Liaos, and secure the Pirate's Haven to insure there aren't losses in transport, and we should be good to go.

What kind? And those designs are not practical in the current economic reality.
I was thinking monetary. And the fact that they are currently White Elephants, is why I want to get them now, before the reintroduction of all lostech from the cores makes them viable again, and therefore more expensive to acquire the designs. Seeing as they can't even produce it, getting the rights to it should be trivial, and when we finally fully reintroduced all the data in the core to the Concordat, they should serve nicely as next gen droppers.

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (24), 3012
It lets you retask some of your faculties to full production.
That's good.

At least a good chunk should. Still, over a thousand tons is respectable.
Agreed.

Nobody likes a smartass... and they're put into production at PPL, TMI, and VMI all want to put them into full and immediate production... once they have proper excuses.
Both the Talos and the Toro? Okay. But make it clear that these are not for export.

Armor is slow going but now that you have the fucking PRODUCTION SPECS on the ORIGINAL MEMORY CORE...
Speaking of which, security around the core and copies - the numerous copies - had better be tight.

Set another project to looking at Double Heat Sinks. Those are insanely useful.

Also see if we have specs on the Battleax, Hammerhands and Swordsworn. That would be a nice gift to give to Ian.

APC is still having the chinks worked out, the Bulldog design is going slow, and the Ballista is almost done.
Unfortunate, but these things take time.

Helm they know where it is but its GETTING IN that is hard
All I need them to do is confirm the data I have on location and see if they can find where the landholder's security codes are since that's the key. Don't even try getting in without further orders.

And reminder of what is on Dixie?
A Castle Brian which may contain intact SLDF stores.

They brought about a third of it over... most of the up to date mechs. They'd like another trip with larger dropships. It's going to take multiple to loot the damned place.
Assign the ships.

Start using the 'Mechs to refill our stockpiles and support the expansion plans for the TDF. And figure out update packages to fit in the less up-to-date 'Mechs once they arrive. Standard engines and armour would make up for a lot.

All things considered, the Liao troops put up a hell of a fight, but they're forced to run under the utterly overwealming numbers sent at them.
Great. Start digging in and arranging to bring the planets into the Concordat properly.

Also I can probably let the Farlookers have their ships back now and so forth. It's important to keep in mind.

You ask Ian to do the same?
I'll suggest it delicately and point out that combined efforts of the FWL and FS could probably overstretch the CCAF's famous 'elastic defense' even more than combined TC and FS efforts have. If he doesn't, that's fine, it's his decision.

"Exactly."

"Like we'd ever get it..."

*DOUBLE GLARE*
"The only person who wins when you fight is House Liao. Unless you take off your shirts and wax up first."

It's going to be some time... it might not be doable.
If it isn't possible then it isn't. I will point out (separately) to James and to Gerald that the FS is a great ally to have in bending the Capellans over.

Yeah, that would probably be more impressive, if the other two states actually gave a damn.

Though I suppose... Ah what the hell, why not?
I mail Hanse a nice hat, with the Cameron star on it, that says "Hanse Davion, First Lord".

"Are you sure that's a good idea m'lord? It might go to his head."

Blowing me up? No. Sending Natasha to take the license fees out of my hide? Maybe.

She's not good enough to take on the whole TDF and you're masters of keeping people from going places you don't want them to go. Space combat experts

Ehh, damn, well if this last bit doesn't get it all, I say to take what we do have and leave.
[dice]2287[/dice]

Frankly you damaged the factory too badly to get much more.

That's fine, it was always a long term research plan.

Okay.

Okay, but the funding increase was meant to go to the... Eh, fuck it. Should probably wait until we actually have a yard set up before, along with factories actually capable of producing the parts needed to repair the Tripitz, before restarting the repairs.

The Tripitz was destroyed.

Good idea

Wasn't that the chemicals that made you tell the truth, while erasing your short term memory? :p

A yep.

OOC: I was implying ComStar decided to do what it does best. Fuck people over.

Yeah, but they can only do so much without tipping thier hats

Spend the whole damned month throwing other lostech prospectos off the trail

OOC: So, seeing as there's no source that goes into detail about what the Risin cache was, should I assume general mechs, fighters, vehicles, and technical data?

In the spirit of the OWA call it an aerospace cashe

Well seeing as they once again got invaded, not surprising.

A yep.

I'm fairly certain that I actually gave back the Big Mac's downed mechs and vehicles, seeing as they left Confederation employ. Yeah, that was actually part of the deal, if they decided to leave Liao service. Course I compensated all of my forces who had claim to the salvage with either new mechs or money. So hopefully the Mercs are happy.

She wants some of HER stuff back.

Star League Caches, kind of hard not to figure it out, unless we blew up the faculties when we left. Did we do that? I don't really see the point, seeing as I'm fairly certain I gave orders to leave nothing of importance behind. Which now that I think about it, probably could be interpreted to blow the faculties up. Well if we did do that, say nothing. If we actually left them stripped but intact, might as well tell her as she should be able to figure it out herself.

Speaking of the faculties, of the four Star League Mech production lines we looted from Victoria, one of them was the Sling. Do you want to come up with the other three, or should I do it?

About those... she wanted the planets and their contents back as part of the deal.

IE: Hand 'em over, jackass.

Ah, the old lostech problem, got it.

Less lostech and more lack of spare parts and routine matniance. Jumbos while not hanger queens do not like to be neglected and tend to be plagued with breakdowns if they are.

That ought to help once we figure out the full maintenance specs.

basically its a step in the right direction. You can maintain them right now. Produce? Not so much.

Well, this really help our jumpship problem, once we get a yard going.

A yep

Probably trade the Merchant for the Invader. Now to think about which shipping yard to trade with.

Depends on what kind of daughter you want. :p

Archeology, history, driving fast cars, going to the operas/broadway/ballet, nature jogs, reading and collecting books, tinkering, classical and latinesque dancing.

I mean with Emma. What do you do with Emma?

I wanted to meet the future ruler of the Magitracy, and see what kind of woman she was. (fact that I don't trust her mother is to be left out)

She's a good woman with a solid head on her shoulders and a good sense of patriotism that goes beyond desire for power, or loyalty to a flag, but actual honest love of her people. While she does not openly show it, she absolutely loathes her mother to the point of quiet hatred.

I'm not denying it's possible, it's difficulty that's getting to me. Still, I'm willing to try.

As is she. While she didn't support her mother's idiotic adventurism, together she believes you'd stand a better chance against the inner sphere. As allies or something closer is up to debate. Though with your powerful heavy industrial base and her nations service economy she feels that together you'd make up for many of the others strengths.

Good, I'd like to see if we can't has them out while she's here.

Very good.

[dice]2290[/dice]
[dice]2291[/dice]

Rockets are so idiotically simple that most of the time is spent calibrating sensors and making sure the mounts go on right. Busy work mostly.

MRMs on the otherhand, they're still doing tests using dumbfire LRMs and SRMs before redesigning the luanchers to fire standard infantry LAW rockets.

They put in a request for additional AC barrels for testing. These rounds love to misfire.

They built a prototype.

It exploded.

They constructed another prototype.

It also exploded.

Testing will continue once the wreckage of the second prototype has been examined.

They are working on a test rig... it's kinda huge.

Hmm, alright, start ramping up production for turrets, pull the data for the AMS off the core, and set production up for that. And have the Hells' Black Aces reassigned to Taurus, and pay them extra to operate as OpFers and teachers for ASF forces.

The problem is the flight school is in samantha.

That sounds like good deal to me. Just have to take care of the negotiations with the Liaos, and secure the Pirate's Haven to insure there aren't losses in transport, and we should be good to go.

Okay.

I was thinking monetary. And the fact that they are currently White Elephants, is why I want to get them now, before the reintroduction of all lostech from the cores makes them viable again, and therefore more expensive to acquire the designs. Seeing as they can't even produce it, getting the rights to it should be trivial, and when we finally fully reintroduced all the data in the core to the Concordat, they should serve nicely as next gen droppers.

Dude. I know what a fucking white elephant is.

And they're damned suspicious as to WHY you want them

Both the Talos and the Toro? Okay. But make it clear that these are not for export.

Thank you Protector Obvious. :p

The closest they'll get to selling a single one of these mechs to a sphereoid is a fucking museum replica.

Speaking of which, security around the core and copies - the numerous copies - had better be tight.

Frankly the security level is so high you're barely cleared to know it exists. They have the original in a bunker rated to 50 megatons and several copies hidden in the asteroid field with nukes strapped to them as backups

Set another project to looking at Double Heat Sinks. Those are insanely useful.

2d6?

Also see if we have specs on the Battleax, Hammerhands and Swordsworn. That would be a nice gift to give to Ian.

Yes, yes you do...

Unfortunate, but these things take time.

Yep.

All I need them to do is confirm the data I have on location and see if they can find where the landholder's security codes are since that's the key. Don't even try getting in without further orders.

Understood ma'am.

Data Confirmed.

A Castle Brian which may contain intact SLDF stores.

Still looking.

sent.

Start using the 'Mechs to refill our stockpiles and support the expansion plans for the TDF. And figure out update packages to fit in the less up-to-date 'Mechs once they arrive. Standard engines and armour would make up for a lot.

THe engines and gyros would be major refits because its not just the engine but also the power system and mylomers.

The suggestion is refit the armor and pass them to the planetary militas.

Great. Start digging in and arranging to bring the planets into the Concordat properly.

Done.

Also I can probably let the Farlookers have their ships back now and so forth. It's important to keep in mind.

Thank you... and they're mostly undamaged too.

So, they'd like some kind of thanks in exchange for helping enable this violent and brutal ordeal (that is contrary to their conventional ideology)

I'll suggest it delicately and point out that combined efforts of the FWL and FS could probably overstretch the CCAF's famous 'elastic defense' even more than combined TC and FS efforts have. If he doesn't, that's fine, it's his decision.

They'll talk to Ian.

"The only person who wins when you fight is House Liao. Unless you take off your shirts and wax up first."

Blushes all about.

If it isn't possible then it isn't. I will point out (separately) to James and to Gerald that the FS is a great ally to have in bending the Capellans over.

That... they'll agree with. And stay until Ian shows up to discuss it.

Another offensive but this time joint FWL/FS could cause a lot of damage esp if you attacked somewhere that... and no offense intended, wasn't their boondocks region.

Thank you Protector Obvious. :p

The closest they'll get to selling a single one of these mechs to a sphereoid is a fucking museum replica.
It never hurts to make sure we're on the same page.

Frankly the security level is so high you're barely cleared to know it exists. They have the original in a bunker rated to 50 megatons and several copies hidden in the asteroid field with nukes strapped to them as backups
Good, excellent in fact.

For DHS!
[dice]2308[/dice]

And another project: look at what it would take to start up jumpship production inside the Hyades. It would need to be very secure but it would also be of immense value.

Okay. Put that in a little package and keep it ready. That's not just a gift, it's what might be called bait.
With very select advisors discuss whether or not to sell a copy of the memory core to Ian and if so what to ask for in return. For that matter, just theoretically, would selling data to the Free Worlds League (or Andurien specifically) be worth considering. Same for the Lyrans and for that matter the Canopians and Outworlders.

Ian's practically certain to realise we've found a major prize - there's no hiding hundreds of 'Mechs and tanks. MIIO will figure out sooner or later that we have a memory core. Not sharing would sour the current relationship, but on the other hand the core is a huge advantage. Also if we're the only ones with it, once it's identified them some people will try to steal it, whereas if it has wider circulation we're not so much of a target. Selling it rather than gifting it would offset losing the exclusive access is my thinking but this is not something I'm going to decide without careful consideration of my advisors' thinking.

Asking for worlds back is potentially hazardous - we may see them as Taurian but after 400 years it's unlikely the inhabitants see it that way.

Understood ma'am.

Data Confirmed.
Excellent. Pull out, cover up and send another team to establish long term covers to observe Helm.

They have approximate location so it should only be a matter of time. I can be patient though.

Okay.

THe engines and gyros would be major refits because its not just the engine but also the power system and mylomers.

The suggestion is refit the armor and pass them to the planetary militas.
Sounds reasonable. Would the militias be able to maintain them though? If they're a mess of non-standard parts that could make logistics a nightmare.

Regarding the more up-to-date units (I'm guessing mainly Hegemony standbys like the Mackie, Kyudo, etc) how does that support the expansion of our 'Mech regiments?
As a reminder I'm working towards moving towards 'square' organisation at each level: Lance (4), Company (16), Battalion (64), Regiment (256). That's adding about 1000 'Mechs to our strength so adding 300 odd 'Mechs should help - salvage seems to have offset recent battlefield losses quite well.

Thank you... and they're mostly undamaged too.

So, they'd like some kind of thanks in exchange for helping enable this violent and brutal ordeal (that is contrary to their conventional ideology)
The memory core (the gift that keeps giving) should have star charts and planetary survey data? Dig out the files for our general vicinity and share them with the Farlookers as 'one of the prizes of the recent war'. This should help their endeavours quite extensively. I'll also cover repair bills for their ships (including repairing things that were wrong before they got loaned to the war effort).

They'll talk to Ian.
Perfectly fair.

On that subject are any Taurian gentlemen making plays for my hand (and other bits of me?)

That... they'll agree with. And stay until Ian shows up to discuss it.

Another offensive but this time joint FWL/FS could cause a lot of damage esp if you attacked somewhere that... and no offense intended, wasn't their boondocks region.
No offense taken, that's more or less what I had in mind.

Time to move the calendar forward into 3013? Or will Ian be making a Christmas visit?

It never hurts to make sure we're on the same page.

This is a national pride issue. They'll have every Taurian citizen driving one of the things before they look into the export market.

And they're serious about that.

Good, excellent in fact.

Taurian paranoia at its finest.
For DHS!
[dice]2308[/dice]

They're making science. the principle is sound, but the compounds are not quite so easy

And another project: look at what it would take to start up jumpship production inside the Hyades. It would need to be very secure but it would also be of immense value.

You have matniance yards. The reason they're not production yards is a lack of parts specs and general information. If only you had a large and in depth technological database from which to draw knowledge and understanding.

:p

Okay. Put that in a little package and keep it ready. That's not just a gift, it's what might be called bait.
With very select advisors discuss whether or not to sell a copy of the memory core to Ian and if so what to ask for in return. For that matter, just theoretically, would selling data to the Free Worlds League (or Andurien specifically) be worth considering. Same for the Lyrans and for that matter the Canopians and Outworlders.

They're really uncomfortable about giving it up... maybe a partial database?

Ian's practically certain to realise we've found a major prize - there's no hiding hundreds of 'Mechs and tanks. MIIO will figure out sooner or later that we have a memory core. Not sharing would sour the current relationship, but on the other hand the core is a huge advantage. Also if we're the only ones with it, once it's identified them some people will try to steal it, whereas if it has wider circulation we're not so much of a target. Selling it rather than gifting it would offset losing the exclusive access is my thinking but this is not something I'm going to decide without careful consideration of my advisors' thinking.

You could just BS that you found a major starleague cashe without the core...

They're not quite comfortable about giving to the Federated Suns. Now without... well... look at a map. Draw the pre-reunification war border. Discuss.

Asking for worlds back is potentially hazardous - we may see them as Taurian but after 400 years it's unlikely the inhabitants see it that way.

You get a look.

Taurian blindspot! :D

Excellent. Pull out, cover up and send another team to establish long term covers to observe Helm.

Done

They have approximate location so it should only be a matter of time. I can be patient though.

Roll again.

Okay.

Sounds reasonable. Would the militias be able to maintain them though? If they're a mess of non-standard parts that could make logistics a nightmare.

Those old model Battlemechs... the parts can actually be crapped out by milita mech factories if you have the right specs. The tech was much cruder.

Regarding the more up-to-date units (I'm guessing mainly Hegemony standbys like the Mackie, Kyudo, etc) how does that support the expansion of our 'Mech regiments?

It makes expansion much easier. Most of them are actually newer tech mechs, so you should be able to pad them all out without having to build another mech simply by using the salvaged mechs. It's getting enough PILOTS that is the problem.

Yeah, in battletech you have more mechs than competent mechwarriors. Enjoy the irony while it lasts.

As a reminder I'm working towards moving towards 'square' organisation at each level: Lance (4), Company (16), Battalion (64), Regiment (256). That's adding about 1000 'Mechs to our strength so adding 300 odd 'Mechs should help - salvage seems to have offset recent battlefield losses quite well.

Yep. Your losses are pretty much gone poof and if anything, the fact that these are actually predominatly in the heavier weight classes due to the fact light mechs tend to not last long enough to be mothballed due to obsolescence actually kicks up your firepower level...

frankly you could afford to form a couple dedicated heavy-weight regiments.

The memory core (the gift that keeps giving) should have star charts and planetary survey data? Dig out the files for our general vicinity and share them with the Farlookers as 'one of the prizes of the recent war'. This should help their endeavours quite extensively. I'll also cover repair bills for their ships (including repairing things that were wrong before they got loaned to the war effort).

This is a military intelligence database. If you want that you should try columbus.

On that subject are any Taurian gentlemen making plays for my hand (and other bits of me?)

Of course!

No offense taken, that's more or less what I had in mind.

And if the attack should be, say, in time for the TDF to have licked what wounds it took and go in for another round... well... more fun for everyone.

Time to move the calendar forward into 3013? Or will Ian be making a Christmas visit?

He decides to make a stop on the way to visit some orphanages and homeless shelters dressed as Santa.

It's kinda a tradition among the more personable members of the Davion family going back generations. They dress as Father Christmas and give out gifts and direct and immediate personal assistance to those in need.

This is a national pride issue. They'll have every Taurian citizen driving one of the things before they look into the export market.

And they're serious about that.
Well that's reasonable.

Taurian paranoia at its finest.
When you have a skill, find a use for it.

They're making science. the principle is sound, but the compounds are not quite so easy
These things take time.

You have matniance yards. The reason they're not production yards is a lack of parts specs and general information. If only you had a large and in depth technological database from which to draw knowledge and understanding.

Well it's very convenient that we just happen to have such a thing.

They're really uncomfortable about giving it up... maybe a partial database?
I do understand why they're reluctant and I'm open to any reasonable suggestions on how to handle this.

You could just BS that you found a major starleague cashe without the core...

They're not quite comfortable about giving to the Federated Suns. Now without... well... look at a map. Draw the pre-reunification war border. Discuss.
Quite. I mean I can sound Ian out on this but I don't think he'd go for it. Even for something like this. Some prices simply aren't affordable.

You get a look.

Taurian blindspot! :D
"How many of you have ever been there? With the current good relations a few prominent Taurians visiting those worlds wouldn't raise too many eyebrows. See the worlds for yourselves. If they're seething with discontent under the Davion bootheels then please, show me."

Roll for Dixie
[dice]2318[/dice]
Ngggg.

Those old model Battlemechs... the parts can actually be crapped out by milita mech factories if you have the right specs. The tech was much cruder.
Okay. I'm game with that. We can probably look at producing specific parts if they're needed for enough 'Mechs.

It makes expansion much easier. Most of them are actually newer tech mechs, so you should be able to pad them all out without having to build another mech simply by using the salvaged mechs. It's getting enough PILOTS that is the problem.

Yeah, in battletech you have more mechs than competent mechwarriors. Enjoy the irony while it lasts.
Indeed. Well, we began building the extra training facilities a year ago but that's at least another two for the extra 'Mechwarriors to be trained.

Yep. Your losses are pretty much gone poof and if anything, the fact that these are actually predominatly in the heavier weight classes due to the fact light mechs tend to not last long enough to be mothballed due to obsolescence actually kicks up your firepower level...

frankly you could afford to form a couple dedicated heavy-weight regiments.
It's tempting but we don't really have the 'Mechwarriors. Maybe we could try some sort of training battalion - take soldiers in other arms who didn't get into 'Mech training previously and re-train them on 'Mechs. We could use some of the older 'Mechs from the cache as trainers. What do the TDF think?

Right now our expanded regiments will probably be a bit heavier on average than they used to be - but don't go overboard. We still need scouts and raiders so lights like the Commando and the Toro (and the Bugs) will still be needed.

In the long term with this find we can consider forming cadres to be expanded into new regiments - I'd be thinking a 2nd Concordat Commandos, 2nd Concordat Jaegers and 2nd Concordat Cuirassiers. Together with the Concordat Reserve Cavalry that would bring us up to 3 line and 1 merc regiment in the three main Corps and 4 line regiments in the Taurian Guards. That'll be a couple of years away though since it means pulling _experienced_ mechwarriors and officers out of the existing regiments.

This is a military intelligence database. If you want that you should try columbus.
Oh. That's disappointing. Throw money at the Farlookers? Also those six small 'Merc units from the Necromo raid can be used as security for their expeditions until the contracts expire. (The larger units are covering the Capellan border).

Anyone making an impression?

And if the attack should be, say, in time for the TDF to have licked what wounds it took and go in for another round... well... more fun for everyone.
Well that would be interesting, wouldn't it?

You want to skip forward three years?

He decides to make a stop on the way to visit some orphanages and homeless shelters dressed as Santa.

It's kinda a tradition among the more personable members of the Davion family going back generations. They dress as Father Christmas and give out gifts and direct and immediate personal assistance to those in need.
...dammit Ian. Stop looking like good husband material. I can't marry a Davion!

Well that's reasonable.

A yep

When you have a skill, find a use for it.

Yep. And Taurians have a gift for bloody paranoia

These things take time.

Indeed. They need to make the tools needed to make the tools to make the heatsinks. And then work out the bugs

Well it's very convenient that we just happen to have such a thing.

Imagine that!

I do understand why they're reluctant and I'm open to any reasonable suggestions on how to handle this.

At the moment they want to maintain technological supremacy. Though there is talk that maybe you should eventually open source the SL's water filtration tech....

Quite. I mean I can sound Ian out on this but I don't think he'd go for it. Even for something like this. Some prices simply aren't affordable.

still can ask.

"How many of you have ever been there? With the current good relations a few prominent Taurians visiting those worlds wouldn't raise too many eyebrows. See the worlds for yourselves. If they're seething with discontent under the Davion bootheels then please, show me."

Actually there's a large population of grumblers on those worlds. The "Natives" still have a strong Taurian sense of identity even if they aren't the most overtly hostile bunch due to the long period of time and lack of brutal and systematic oppression (unlike say, the Terrans in the former hegemony worlds who tend to cause all kinds of racket, esp in the Combine and Confederation where they tend to get the boot heel as the default). They're still a distinct cultural group though.

Roll for Dixie
[dice]2318[/dice]
Ngggg.

Had to go to ground. People are starting to notice. Need to wait until the heat is off.

Okay. I'm game with that. We can probably look at producing specific parts if they're needed for enough 'Mechs.

Might even want to build a couple primitives factories in the boonies to supply milita needs

Indeed. Well, we began building the extra training facilities a year ago but that's at least another two for the extra 'Mechwarriors to be trained.

Yep. At least you can equip them.

It's tempting but we don't really have the 'Mechwarriors. Maybe we could try some sort of training battalion - take soldiers in other arms who didn't get into 'Mech training previously and re-train them on 'Mechs. We could use some of the older 'Mechs from the cache as trainers. What do the TDF think?

They were thinking of kitting out the Taurian Guard units actually.

Right now our expanded regiments will probably be a bit heavier on average than they used to be - but don't go overboard. We still need scouts and raiders so lights like the Commando and the Toro (and the Bugs) will still be needed.

Yep. But you're not going to be using Bug Mechs as front line combatants anymore which is a godsend

In the long term with this find we can consider forming cadres to be expanded into new regiments - I'd be thinking a 2nd Concordat Commandos, 2nd Concordat Jaegers and 2nd Concordat Cuirassiers. Together with the Concordat Reserve Cavalry that would bring us up to 3 line and 1 merc regiment in the three main Corps and 4 line regiments in the Taurian Guards. That'll be a couple of years away though since it means pulling _experienced_ mechwarriors and officers out of the existing regiments.

It'll take time but they'll see what they can do.

Oh. That's disappointing. Throw money at the Farlookers? Also those six small 'Merc units from the Necromo raid can be used as security for their expeditions until the contracts expire. (The larger units are covering the Capellan border).

The Farlookers like money. The Necromo raiders like posh babysitting jobs with good pay.

Everyone is happy.

Anyone making an impression?

3d4 please

Well that would be interesting, wouldn't it?

In the chinese sense if you're capallan.

You want to skip forward three years?

Meant to say 3013

...dammit Ian. Stop looking like good husband material. I can't marry a Davion!

About that. When he arrives he wants to talk to you.

He admits that he's in love with you. He'd like to marry you more than anything else. He just wants you to hear him out before you say hell no like Hanse says you probably will.

He's talked to his advisers and he's willing to if you accept, give the Calderon linage primacy. Meaning that your kids would be Calderons first. He has an heir. You don't and hans can marry but if you die your line goes extinct and he will not have any of it.

In fact he'd like to make an offer of forming a Taurian March out of the worlds lost in the Reunification War that will be a joint administration zone between the Concordant and the Federated Suns. He's willing have it be an autonomous region under the direct rulership in the hands of the Protector (IE: You and your eventual children) and rather than the standard oaths of fidelity, oaths of kinship and alliance.

He has no desire to absorb the Concordant into the Federated Suns and he's offering you literally everything he can without either a civil war or some kind of act of god.

The man almost looks like a sad puppy.

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (25), 3013
Indeed. They need to make the tools needed to make the tools to make the heatsinks. And then work out the bugs
Quite

At the moment they want to maintain technological supremacy. Though there is talk that maybe you should eventually open source the SL's water filtration tech....
Particularly since that's a boost to Farlooker colonisation planning.

Given the event below...

Actually there's a large population of grumblers on those worlds. The "Natives" still have a strong Taurian sense of identity even if they aren't the most overtly hostile bunch due to the long period of time and lack of brutal and systematic oppression (unlike say, the Terrans in the former hegemony worlds who tend to cause all kinds of racket, esp in the Combine and Confederation where they tend to get the boot heel as the default). They're still a distinct cultural group though.
...okay, I'll want to verify this but I'm going to be fair. That's not what I thought was the case and if I'm wrong then that is a matter for consideration.

Had to go to ground. People are starting to notice. Need to wait until the heat is off.
That's the right call. Good work.

Might even want to build a couple primitives factories in the boonies to supply milita needs
I'd be game to do that. At least for parts.

Yep. At least you can equip them.
Indeed. For now make sure we keep our stockpiles secure. See paranoia, above.

They were thinking of kitting out the Taurian Guard units actually.
I'm not really sure what they're meaning there.

Yep. But you're not going to be using Bug Mechs as front line combatants anymore which is a godsend
Indeed not. Scouting, which is what they're intended for.

It'll take time but they'll see what they can do.
Yes, this is 2-3 years in the future.

The Farlookers like money. The Necromo raiders like posh babysitting jobs with good pay.

Everyone is happy.
Great. Share the water purifcation technology with the Farlookers for now.

[dice]2323[/dice]

In the chinese sense if you're capallan.
Given the Capellans are basically Chinese that's appropriate.

About that. When he arrives he wants to talk to you.

He admits that he's in love with you. He'd like to marry you more than anything else. He just wants you to hear him out before you say hell no like Hanse says you probably will.
Well I was going to say 'Sorry, but we can't' but sure. Ian's a friend I'll hear him out.

He's talked to his advisers and he's willing to if you accept, give the Calderon linage primacy. Meaning that your kids would be Calderons first. He has an heir. You don't and hans can marry but if you die your line goes extinct and he will not have any of it.

In fact he'd like to make an offer of forming a Taurian March out of the worlds lost in the Reunification War that will be a joint administration zone between the Concordant and the Federated Suns. He's willing have it be an autonomous region under the direct rulership in the hands of the Protector (IE: You and your eventual children) and rather than the standard oaths of fidelity, oaths of kinship and alliance.

He has no desire to absorb the Concordant into the Federated Suns and he's offering you literally everything he can without either a civil war or some kind of act of god.

The man almost looks like a sad puppy.
...Psycko are you reading my mind. I was thinking last night that those are basically the only terms that would make such a thing possible.
Back in the 31st century.

I'll admit that I didn't think it would be possible but he's come up with a way it could work. And Kaede loves him too so she'll tell him that. She just never thought it was something that could be acted on.

Being who they are that's not a guarantee this can be made to work but it's a possibility she's previously thought was impossible.

The most I can say now is that I want to make this work and will try to make this work.

Then she goes to a bathroom and hyperventilates for a bit.

Special Privy Council Meeting. "What's the one thing we wanted most from the Davions? Because the Pleiades are on the bargaining table..."

Particularly since that's a boost to Farlooker colonisation planning.

Yep.

...okay, I'll want to verify this but I'm going to be fair. That's not what I thought was the case and if I'm wrong then that is a matter for consideration.

Easily done.

That's the right call. Good work.

They're professionals and are going to ground so no more regular reports for a while except the standard scheduled "we're alive" messages

I'd be game to do that. At least for parts.

And from there it might expand into actual mechs.

Indeed. For now make sure we keep our stockpiles secure. See paranoia, above.

Done!

I'm not really sure what they're meaning there.

Higher leveles of uniformity in your elite formations similar to units such as the Davion Guards.
Indeed not. Scouting, which is what they're intended for.

Yep. And the pilots are very happy to stick to it.

Yes, this is 2-3 years in the future.

A ways away.

Great. Share the water purifcation technology with the Farlookers for now.

Aramis Dunn visits you personally and PLEADS with you to release it openly and universally across the board.

He doesn't know where you got it, but he begs you in the name of humanity that this not remain the sole domain of one nation or even the powerful within nations, but be given to all mankind as humanity's birthright.

You know I have a feeling that this roll is about to become extremely supercilious.... :p

Given the Capellans are basically Chinese that's appropriate.

I thought so.

Well I was going to say 'Sorry, but we can't' but sure. Ian's a friend I'll hear him out.

The relief when you say you'll hear him out... it's like a man who was pardoned when executioner has his hand on the switch.

...Psycko are you reading my mind. I was thinking last night that those are basically the only terms that would make such a thing possible.
Back in the 31st century.

Yeah. Ian knows it too. He was groomed to be first prince and he knows what both nations will accept without it turning into a shirt storm. So he's going to walk that tightrope.

I'll admit that I didn't think it would be possible but he's come up with a way it could work.

And he admits it wasn't all him. He really loves his brother.

And Kaede loves him too so she'll tell him that. She just never thought it was something that could be acted on.

At this point he kisses her. He's wanted to do that since about 10 minutes after they met.

Being who they are that's not a guarantee this can be made to work but it's a possibility she's previously thought was impossible.

Just the possibility makes him happy.

The most I can say now is that I want to make this work and will try to make this work.

Right then in that moment, Ian Davion was the happiest man in the Inner Sphere.

Then she goes to a bathroom and hyperventilates for a bit.

She has the feeling he does the same.

Special Privy Council Meeting. "What's the one thing we wanted most from the Davions? Because the Pleiades are on the bargaining table..."

The general reaction is pretty much a mixture of WTF and "How the hell?"

And rather important under the circumstances.

They're professionals and are going to ground so no more regular reports for a while except the standard scheduled "we're alive" messages
I'll check back later.

And from there it might expand into actual mechs.
It's possible. Although unless there's a substantial savings I'm not sure about building deliberately primitive 'Mechs.

Higher leveles of uniformity in your elite formations similar to units such as the Davion Guards.
That's... not exactly relevant to my training battalion suggestion.

Are they referring to the Davion Assault Guards, Davion Light Guards and Davion Heavy Guards? Or the 1st through 5th Davion Guards? The Taurian Guards Corps is going to remain diversified. I might consider authorising organising the Taurian Guards regiment to have battalions specialised by weight (that's 64 'Mechs per battalion).

We have time. Probably.

Aramis Dunn visits you personally and PLEADS with you to release it openly and universally across the board.

He doesn't know where you got it, but he begs you in the name of humanity that this not remain the sole domain of one nation or even the powerful within nations, but be given to all mankind as humanity's birthright.
Well since he asked nicely. Make sure the data is thoroughly sanitised of clues about where it came from and pay for the file to be sent via HPG to every state, regional and planetary ruler TMI can put on a list and who have HPG stations.

You know I have a feeling that this roll is about to become extremely supercilious.... :p
I do not think that that word means what you think it means.

The relief when you say you'll hear him out... it's like a man who was pardoned when executioner has his hand on the switch.

Yeah. Ian knows it too. He was groomed to be first prince and he knows what both nations will accept without it turning into a shirt storm. So he's going to walk that tightrope.
It's a really precarious rope.

And he admits it wasn't all him. He really loves his brother.
I don't love his brother. But I do respect him.

At this point he kisses her. He's wanted to do that since about 10 minutes after they met.
...okay. Politics deferred for a while.

Just the possibility makes him happy.

Right then in that moment, Ian Davion was the happiest man in the Inner Sphere.
And portents of doom are noticed from Sian to Terra to Luthien.

The general reaction is pretty much a mixture of WTF and "How the hell?"
"The First Prince is proposing to create a Taurian March of the Federated Suns worlds annexed from the Taurian Concordat after the Reunification War. The March would be autonomous, with all the powers usually invested in a March's Minister and Marshal being invested in the Protector of the Taurian Concordat, who wouldn't have to swear fealty to the First Prince but would take oaths of, in his own words, 'kinship and alliance'."

"Short of facing civil war in his own realm, I believe this is as much as the First Prince can offer us. It is considerably more than I ever expected to be offered. There is, of course, a price."

"Me."

"Ian Davion has proposed marriage to me. If I accept his proposal, he has pledged to renounce the throne of the Federated Suns on behalf of our children, meaning that after his death the rule of the Federated Suns will pass to his brother and descendants thereof. My children - our children - would be Calderons first and foremost."

"I would value your opinions." And Kaede sits back and watches the Privy Council.

Samantha Calderon (21) September 3025

Unless you're driving in Quikcell equipment... but then that's always rough times

Considering its got all the parts, but a good bit of them are still boxes inside the unit not too terribly shocking

Esp when Rally comes out and admits she'd also be interested in going into small arms...

But she's taking the chances given.

Well Samantha is more than happy to support her, but first she's feeling a bit shook up with the emotional talk and is now needing wine, gelato and a sappy movie or two.

Rally gets setup with some sharp business types to work up a plan.

Yeah. They also seemingly well...

Your forces arrive to find the pirates putting up absolutely no resistance whatsoever.

It seems that the Black Lagooon Company has been busy.

It's why they've been out of contact for months. They've basically been mugging pirate bands and using their own rules to bend their arms into submission, ganking those who didn't play nice and forcing the others to bend at the knee.

Seems pirates haven is... well... under new ownership...

Revy has a message which basically is summed up as "So, does this make me a noble and shit?"

Pretty much. Flipside is that she very much has to stop said Piratical ways from continuing which is why Samantha is shipping out a large force of MPs, and leaving a battalion of the Curissars there (the most anti Davion of the bunch) to integrate the new world into the Concordat.

Samantha also has the Ministry of Colonization arrange for movement of new colonists (aka those who want to go there) to the newly settled world.

Important question how many Jumpships did the TCN capture from the pirates?

A Regiment and the Black Widows?

The Dragoon force that was coming by for a visit.

Wonderful, Samantha has TTI funded to make three copies of the tooling to get to 4 lines of Wolverine.

Several. Morgan is still there. As is young lord Clarence Vanderzham (I retconned Mr. Bowie's name to match the 3067 head of the company)

There's also Temujin Liao, a young player from the Capallan Confederation who's come to represent his peoples economic interests. It's believed that he's probably Mask.

Richard Humphreys is also here... he's been sleeping his way through your court.

No Edgar Halas son to the Duke of Oriente?

One assumes Morgan took several months to study at either École Militaire or the Naval Institute in between studying Samantha whenever the mood for stick shift strikes her.

Or young Lord Clarence depending on her tastes for the day.

Samantha however does her best to ensure both men understand its a friendship with benefits vs serious relationship.

Temujin Liao is of course graciously welcomed to the Concordat, because manners are thing after all. Is there any particular matters of economic interest for Capellan's?

Richard gets left to his fun with the lords and ladies of Samantha's court, Samantha however will make sure he carries back a number of one time pads to his mother the Duchess before he leaves.

As for ladies you can consider any of the ones you created for yours that make sense.

OOC: Considering a number were just me picking up canon characters with no backgrounds but names

"So Sam you wondering how that red head is managing to not pop out of her catsuit?" Callina Malvina asked curiously. "Or planning on how to get her out of it?"

"Damn it Cally," Samantha cursed as her older friend, their parents had thrown them together as young girls relatively near in age, leaned in close enough to tickle her ear. "I'm not a structural engineer, I'm a pilot of course I'm wondering how to get her out of it. Also she's got a name"

"Apart Ms Space Adventure 3025!" Callina inquired tartly.

Snickering slightly Samantha enlightened her friend, "Lady Kelly O'Hanlon, ruler of Victoria. She's young, single and my goodness is she fit, you could grate cheese off her abs."

"So are you going to be a decent wing-women or not Cally?" Sam jibed.

"Or I could regale the ravishing Lady Kelly with childhood stories of how you once decided to try being a mime," Cally fired backed with a grin.

"I was on the good stuff after getting my wisdom teeth yanked," Samatha defended herself quickly. "Morphine delusions don't count."

"But yes I'll convey to that stunning redhead you want a dance," Callina chortled as she finished off her drink.

Morgan made the extra time to stay for the party, and Richard Humphreys.

There's also a surprise arrival not long before. Ivan Steiner, eldest child of Nondi Steiner.

Well the dashing Ivan gets a twirl around the dance floor or three.

Its seems Zoom 6s scene of a hot pilot getting out of a Sabre and challenging "Tom Axel" to a motorcycle duel paid off in spades vs your sponsored film!

Recruitment and quality is up for second year running

Better than nothing! :D

Still, moar movies good and bad!

You break the goddamned box spring. Akeno Kurita was graciously handed over to you by the Co-ordinator, she's perfectly happy learning what field of study interests her at University. Really her only question is when you plan on giving her children.

I do. Not immediately but I have an entire great house to repopulate and she gets to help.

Wink.

Hanse claims he saved you a trip of a few hundred light years. Not to mention he had already claimed "dibs". Honestly speaking Tortuga's pirates only bothered the TC very occasionally vs the FedSuns.

Yeah, but it doesn't count if you don't say Dibs!

On a more serous note, my troops needed that long range deployment experience more than his needed the "Swat the insect across the border with a sledgehammer" experience.

All via one time pad.

Power can do that to a man.

Fair enough. That and age

The Goldsteins eagerly get involved in setting up your Arty school.

Nice. I make sure they're honored properly.

I want the fine art of blowing shit up from afar with huge cannons to become a taurian favorite.

Hat in the Ring promptly beings messing around with the Mackie, its remarkably similar to the Urbie in a lot of ways.

Very good. Though the Macke doesn't need the same kin of help. Still they can play to their hearts desire.

Any Talos plants? TTI, PPL and VMI get booked solid for 25 years by every single noble in the TC capable of affording it pre-order a Toro.

OF COURSE! TTI, PPL, and VMI get calls...

And we might need moar Toro lines if the TDF is ever to get any.

Heh, Haven ends up attracting a large number of some of the brightest and also the most fanatical of the Farlookers. Aramis Dunn is a massive inspiration and such a gesture wins you die hard supporters among them.

Just as planned. Helps everyone come out ahead.

The man deserves this and it was my pleasure to see it done.

I'd like to also have a couple basic plants build there.

Would Quickschell be interested? I believe they have one plant already and it'll give them a wider product coverage. Same inspection rules though. Quality control in all Taurian manufacture is taken seriously because our name mean everything.

Considering your staff basically had work started before you even sent the data out, well you're making money hand over fist. No one company actually controls supply and with the core J/U water filter design open sourced no one actually can. Skobel is simply the first to market manufacture in that region who can actually pump the design out fast.

Right. Very good. Along those lines I want the worlds we had to abandon due to lack of water resettled ASAP.

The major Corps (Starcorps, Earthwerks) are bringing their plants online, and even Quikcell is getting into the game.

I do hope Quikschell doesn't slack on the QC on this one...

In the DC the Co-ordinator has granted the exclusive right to manufacture a privately held Kuritan company, which has promptly subcontracted manufacture out to rapidly build and distribute the J/U units

I mention to Akeno I'd send Takashi a strongly written letter if I thought it would do a goddamned thing. This was intended as a gift for mankind.

Still, I'm glad he's at least subcontracting but this is something of a violation of the spirit of the act.

Really the only losers in the whole deal is the Ryan Ice Cartel and any planetary lord who relied upon exclusive control of potable water.

You mean assholes.

Anyone with the word "Cartel" in their name is shady to begin with and frankly the Immortan Joes of the Inner Sphere can suck my giant bull cock.

A slow but steady progress upwards, by 3050 having big Combined Arms units will be a breeze

Cool. Because by then we'll need it.

What do you think BT armor is really made out of?

Vampires. :p

You've got your pet project, just don't expect results fast.

Fast? My plan is to shake the in 10 years to see what falls out. And then check again every couple years to check progress and give some direction.

Your Aunt kindly doesn't point out all the various honey pots you've been dipping into.

Well, most of mine are happily willing to become full time mistresses. And aren't from fucked up totalitarian states. Rather most are from nations I fully intend to ally with and want leverage with. ^_^

Well. Except Akeno. But she moved.

Sadly its the effect of "We hate X, since Y is X's boss we hate Y as well." On a more positive note by the time you smash the Haven and Hanse smashes Tortuga the worlds on the Crucius March border are much more optimistic; read they think there is a decent chance working with the FedSuns won't be an utter disaster.

Fair enough. And good news that.

The Capallan March people have reason to be paranoid and I admit that. Micheal Hasek-Davion is a thundering douchebag.

Regaining the Pleiades would frankly cover a massive multitude of sins.

Its all in the cards. ^_^

Oh there is that. It is 3025, there are two premier multi regiment mercenary forces in existence. The Big MAC is practically on your border and has shown the ability to slap the forces of the AFFS around. He's trying to deal with the big issue of the FedSuns and LC alliance first and foremost

I know who to fuck first. Who to fuck long and hard and without warning.

Frankly I'm tempted to work with Hanse into drawing him into some kind of elaborate trap where we can drop 10 regiments on them and smash them to paste. Or just nuke them. Because never signed the Ares Conventions, mkay?

You might not be but the move is a massive hit within the Concordat.

I'm annoyed. It was going to be the TDF's test of long range strike ability. But I understand the popular impact.

It didn't read that way for me. Isis is more than happy to visit Taurus once Edward is old enough to travel well.

Okay. Much better. Sorry, Max Liao makes me insanely paranoid.

I'm paranoid about Capallans the way some are about the Federated Suns. Hanse might be a fox, but Max is known as El Diablo for a reason.

None of the antics of Sword and Dagger on New Avalon seemed to have occurred your ambassador reports. Colonel Sortek was raised to Prince's Champion shortly after returning from the First Prince's summer palace on Argyle and some of the household staff of that Palace were dismissed.

I send Hanse a letter asking if all is well. I've heard some really strange rumors and I'm concerned for his well being.

You discover a note on your desk mid august with stationary entitled "SS BROB": "One big rock but also a few small pebbles make some interesting new patterns" it literally falls apart into light in your hand and no one else notices

Comstar News Network August 27th 3025

* Precentor Dieron, Myndo Whaterly passes away after a tragic boating accident on the waters outside Hilton Head.

Hot damn. Couldn't have happened to a better person. Seriously. Fuck 'er.

And I'm not alone? Strange. Very very strange.

I might have to put out a lure to get those people who might know where I can see 'em.

Liz wouldn't mind recovering that piece of LosTech either. A big powerful rifle with great range.

"Oh yes. We must recreate it..."

Speaking of Lostech I talk to some folks about it... and Double Heat Sinks. These items need to be near the top of the to-do list.

Jame Tiberius Calderon was a great man, a massive fan of ST;TOS and on review of his photos a hearty one hundred years old and married to a remarkably flexible young lady.

My hero.

XD

OOC: Doppelganger plot has vanished into the ether, Justin's antics however are go!

Heh. From the sound of it it went off with a whimper and a sputter rather than a bang.

After you release the J/U specs Hanse will be hounding you for a meet.

Fair enough. Make the time.

Its the main reason Madeline's on Taurus in the first place. She's currently perusing her PhD on the subject, and is bright and talented enough that she's already getting job offers.

I know. Just saying I increase her degree of access and since I'm having new mining stations built she gets full tours.

That Catherine will have her granddaughter accompanying her on the Detroit meet and greet has no real meaning at all.

Heh. Well, really I hope she doesn't mind me pulling that smoke and mirrors act with Louise.

I do admit I'm hoping to be the Godfather when she has kids.

So? About Kyalla Centrella and Emma?

Samantha Calderon (21) September 3025

Considering its got all the parts, but a good bit of them are still boxes inside the unit not too terribly shocking

Heh.

Well Samantha is more than happy to support her, but first she's feeling a bit shook up with the emotional talk and is now needing wine, gelato and a sappy movie or two.

Girls night of doing girly things is a go!

There's even a pillow fight and hair braiding. :p

Rally gets setup with some sharp business types to work up a plan.

Rally is actually a pretty good businesswoman and pretty much is able to set things right up.

Pretty much. Flipside is that she very much has to stop said Piratical ways from continuing which is why Samantha is shipping out a large force of MPs, and leaving a battalion of the Curissars there (the most anti Davion of the bunch) to integrate the new world into the Concordat.

You sure leaving a bunch of people who hate the Davions there with a bunch of professional raiders, most of whom used to be pirates until about this time last week is a good idea?

Does she get to keep the planet? Pirate Queen Revy does sound nice from where she's sitting... (IE: atop the former pirate king's golden skull throne. Which she's considering sendng to Taurus as tribute. Because you need a cool chair even if it's so awesome she doesn't want to give it up.)

Samantha also has the Ministry of Colonization arrange for movement of new colonists (aka those who want to go there) to the newly settled world.

So long as you control the goddamned "reformed" pirates, it's a comfortable number.

That said, for the sake of argument, Revy killed most of the annoying ones.

Important question how many Jumpships did the TCN capture from the pirates?

Eight.

4 Invaders
2 Merchants
2 Tramps
1 Scout

The Dragoon force that was coming by for a visit.

Arrives in the Hades with a single message directed at you by Natasha Kerensky.

"We need to talk. Right Now."

The TDF has nukes at the ready incase they FLINCH

Wonderful, Samantha has TTI funded to make three copies of the tooling to get to 4 lines of Wolverine.

Done It'll cost 150 million cbills each though

No Edgar Halas son to the Duke of Oriente?

Him too!

One assumes Morgan took several months to study at either École Militaire or the Naval Institute in between studying Samantha whenever the mood for stick shift strikes her.

Yep. He's broadening his interests.

Or young Lord Clarence depending on her tastes for the day.

Heh. Lets just say her and Mr. Hasek-Davion are not best of friends.

Samantha however does her best to ensure both men understand its a friendship with benefits vs serious relationship.

They do.

Temujin Liao is of course graciously welcomed to the Concordat, because manners are thing after all. Is there any particular matters of economic interest for Capellan's?

An opening of trade of course!

Liao is looking all hungry like at your new factories and their production. Military to be exact...

Richard gets left to his fun with the lords and ladies of Samantha's court, Samantha however will make sure he carries back a number of one time pads to his mother the Duchess before he leaves.

Roll a d4-1 labled "Bastards" please. :p

OOC: Considering a number were just me picking up canon characters with no backgrounds but names

Didn't find the names when I looked. Interesting.

"So Sam you wondering how that red head is managing to not pop out of her catsuit?" Callina Malvina asked curiously. "Or planning on how to get her out of it?"

"Damn it Cally," Samantha cursed as her older friend, their parents had thrown them together as young girls relatively near in age, leaned in close enough to tickle her ear. "I'm not a structural engineer, I'm a pilot of course I'm wondering how to get her out of it. Also she's got a name"

"Apart Ms Space Adventure 3025!" Callina inquired tartly.

Snickering slightly Samantha enlightened her friend, "Lady Kelly O'Hanlon, ruler of Victoria. She's young, single and my goodness is she fit, you could grate cheese off her abs."

"So are you going to be a decent wing-women or not Cally?" Sam jibed.

"Or I could regale the ravishing Lady Kelly with childhood stories of how you once decided to try being a mime," Cally fired backed with a grin.

"I was on the good stuff after getting my wisdom teeth yanked," Samatha defended herself quickly. "Morphine delusions don't count."

"But yes I'll convey to that stunning redhead you want a dance," Callina chortled as she finished off her drink.

She of course is willing to dance. Seems extremely amused by it all.

Well the dashing Ivan gets a twirl around the dance floor or three.

He's a classic lyrans lyran. He likes money and assault mechs and he finds your background interesting.

Most people settle for heavy fighters. You pilot assault dropships. One way to reach the level of True Firepower that every Assault Mech pilot secretly seeks. :p

It's possible. Although unless there's a substantial savings I'm not sure about building deliberately primitive 'Mechs.

IT's more it allows vastly expanded production where there otherwise would be none.

That's... not exactly relevant to my training battalion suggestion.

Are they referring to the Davion Assault Guards, Davion Light Guards and Davion Heavy Guards? Or the 1st through 5th Davion Guards? The Taurian Guards Corps is going to remain diversified. I might consider authorising organising the Taurian Guards regiment to have battalions specialised by weight (that's 64 'Mechs per battalion).

They were just saying one of the things they'd like to do, that's all.

The training battallion suggestion is put into the works.

We have time. Probably.

aye

Well since he asked nicely. Make sure the data is thoroughly sanitised of clues about where it came from and pay for the file to be sent via HPG to every state, regional and planetary ruler TMI can put on a list and who have HPG stations.

Do you have it sent slowboat as well to make sure?

Anyways it is sent out.

I do not think that that word means what you think it means.

damned autocorrect.

Superfluous >_<

You could have crushed him at that moment. You let him talk. He happy.

It's a really precarious rope.

And the prize is worth it.

I don't love his brother. But I do respect him.

Aye.

...okay. Politics deferred for a while.

So how far do you go and are you using protection?

all the way and no... d100 ;)

And portents of doom are noticed from Sian to Terra to Luthien.

Heh.

"The First Prince is proposing to create a Taurian March of the Federated Suns worlds annexed from the Taurian Concordat after the Reunification War. The March would be autonomous, with all the powers usually invested in a March's Minister and Marshal being invested in the Protector of the Taurian Concordat, who wouldn't have to swear fealty to the First Prince but would take oaths of, in his own words, 'kinship and alliance'."

the room goes utterly silent. "What?"
"Short of facing civil war in his own realm, I believe this is as much as the First Prince can offer us. It is considerably more than I ever expected to be offered. There is, of course, a price."

"Me."

"What."

"Ian Davion has proposed marriage to me. If I accept his proposal, he has pledged to renounce the throne of the Federated Suns on behalf of our children, meaning that after his death the rule of the Federated Suns will pass to his brother and descendants thereof. My children - our children - would be Calderons first and foremost."

Not quite accurate. More your line is seen as being predominate. If you only have one child, the FedSuns needs to look to Hanse.

If you have two, then one of them will inherit each state and one will take your name and one his, none of the hyphenated shit.

You can negotiate the details.

"I would value your opinions." And Kaede sits back and watches the Privy Council.

Pandemonium is the answer.

Some are for, some against. Some want to see what else you could get out of him with the core.

Last edited:
IT's more it allows vastly expanded production where there otherwise would be none.
I'm in favour of the former so make it so.

They were just saying one of the things they'd like to do, that's all.
Well I'm not opposed to the Taurian Guards regiment having an Assault Battalion or a Light Battalion, or both.

The training battallion suggestion is put into the works.
Hopefully it helps.

Do you have it sent slowboat as well to make sure?

Anyways it is sent out.
Slowboat it to allies and neutral/friendly states - by which I mean the Canopians, the Outworlders, Andurien, Federated Suns, Free Worlds League. I can't send couriers to all the hundreds of people on the HPG mailing list.

Also call Precentor Taurus to a meeting and personally and publically hand over a copy to him and request ComStar's assistance in distributing it given their well-known humanitarian stance. That's likely to cut down their suspicions that I might be on to them.

And the prize is worth it.
That's flattering.

So how far do you go and are you using protection?

all the way and no... d100 ;)
Not that far. Prudence is required at this point.

the room goes utterly silent. "What?"
The Pleiades. What the Taurian government has wanted for four hundred years.

When a man and woman love each other very much...

Not quite accurate. More your line is seen as being predominate. If you only have one child, the FedSuns needs to look to Hanse.

If you have two, then one of them will inherit each state and one will take your name and one his, none of the hyphenated shit.

You can negotiate the details.
Okay, please assume I told them that then.

Pandemonium is the answer.
Any heart attacks? Strokes? I have emergency medics on standby just in case.

Some are for, some against. Some want to see what else you could get out of him with the core.
"Let's remember that Prince Ian has dealt honourably and openly with us. I would prefer that no one could say that the Taurians were less decent, less honourable and less trustworthy than the Federated Suns. There is no possible way we can expect to keep the Core hidden from House Davion if we engage in what would be a close alliance. Disclosure of the Core and negotiated access for the Federated Suns - or sale of a complete copy - would be absolutely necessary in my view."

"With that said, Prince Ian is offering us essentially everything we have ever asked for already. The national interest is one thing, unalloyed greed is another. Let us not confuse the two. What precisely do you suggest I ask him for in exchange for the Core?"

I'm in favour of the former so make it so.

Alright

Well I'm not opposed to the Taurian Guards regiment having an Assault Battalion or a Light Battalion, or both.

They'll see it done.

you'll see.

Slowboat it to allies and neutral/friendly states - by which I mean the Canopians, the Outworlders, Andurien, Federated Suns, Free Worlds League. I can't send couriers to all the hundreds of people on the HPG mailing list.

Alright.

Also call Precentor Taurus to a meeting and personally and publically hand over a copy to him and request ComStar's assistance in distributing it given their well-known humanitarian stance. That's likely to cut down their suspicions that I might be on to them.

He seems shocked. But Comstar does as its asked. He asks how you came across such info.

This is too high profile to bury.

Though you get the feeling they're going to be watching closely to figure out HOW. And then blow how up.

He loves you. He'd be willing to walk through hell. The man is like that. Loyal and passonate.

Not that far. Prudence is required at this point.

Ian can't say he's not a little disapointed.

There's a good chance you share in it too.

The Pleiades. What the Taurian government has wanted for four hundred years.

That's shock.

When a man and woman love each other very much...

That was a bit of a BOSD

Okay, please assume I told them that then.

Aye.

Any heart attacks? Strokes? I have emergency medics on standby just in case.

Not quite. Damned near.

"Let's remember that Prince Ian has dealt honourably and openly with us. I would prefer that no one could say that the Taurians were less decent, less honourable and less trustworthy than the Federated Suns. There is no possible way we can expect to keep the Core hidden from House Davion if we engage in what would be a close alliance. Disclosure of the Core and negotiated access for the Federated Suns - or sale of a complete copy - would be absolutely necessary in my view."

"With that said, Prince Ian is offering us essentially everything we have ever asked for already. The national interest is one thing, unalloyed greed is another. Let us not confuse the two. What precisely do you suggest I ask him for in exchange for the Core?"

Well, they want the FedSuns to make an oath to the Taurian Concoradant along with your oath along the same lines. And for there to be penalties for a betrayal of trust. Use it to leverage your position vs the FedSuns.

Rather than have it so the Concordant are getting the biggest bride price in history, leverage it so it's a grand exchange with the most outrageous dowery as well. It'll give you bargaining position and allow for the inclusion of needed pro-taurian cavots in the various oaths and treaties you otherwise wouldn't get.

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(20) 3033
"Are you sure that's a good idea m'lord? It might go to his head."
"He rules over one half the largest nation known to man, is married to a woman more then half his age, has just watched one of his most hated enemies get stomped by an alliance of periphery powers, and then replaced by someone whose married to his #1 intelligence agent. I don't think it can get much bigger."

She's not good enough to take on the whole TDF and you're masters of keeping people from going places you don't want them to go. Space combat experts
Fair enough, but if I wanted more bug mechs, I just up the production of the ones we've got.

Frankly you damaged the factory too badly to get much more.
Alright, so what did we get?

The Tripitz was destroyed.

Good idea
OOC: And this is why I shouldn't post after not sleeping for 24 hours. I meant the New Vandenberg.

Spend the whole damned month throwing other lostech prospectos off the trail
*sigh*
[dice]2324[/dice]

In the spirit of the OWA call it an aerospace cashe
So how does the OWA want to split it? I'd like to issue a Dibs on any Spads, Zeros, Gothas, or Tomahawks.

She wants some of HER stuff back.
Oh, well in that case, I'm going with finders keepers losers weepers. ransom. She wants it back, she's going to need to pay for it. The TDF and Mercs under my command fought hard for it, so she's going to need to provide incentive for them to give it back.

About those... she wanted the planets and their contents back as part of the deal.

IE: Hand 'em over, jackass.

Not going to happen. But as a salve, she should check her mailbox, I'm sending out a few gifts to everyone.

Less lostech and more lack of spare parts and routine matniance. Jumbos while not hanger queens do not like to be neglected and tend to be plagued with breakdowns if they are.
Got it, well good thing we got fix for that.

basically its a step in the right direction. You can maintain them right now. Produce? Not so much.

A yep

Depends on what kind of daughter you want. :p
The hot, beautiful, and willing type. Duh. ;)

I mean with Emma. What do you do with Emma?
Well, show her the town. Take her to see the local entertainment, maybe a few museums, show off the TDF a bit, maybe challenge her to a training spar in mechs. Oh and I suppose hand her a copy of the data I plan on sending out to everyone.

She's a good woman with a solid head on her shoulders and a good sense of patriotism that goes beyond desire for power, or loyalty to a flag, but actual honest love of her people. While she does not openly show it, she absolutely loathes her mother to the point of quiet hatred.
Kind of hard not to, her mom's not a Liao, but she's definitely unstable. And Emma sounds like someone I can get to like.

As is she. While she didn't support her mother's idiotic adventurism, together she believes you'd stand a better chance against the inner sphere. As allies or something closer is up to debate. Though with your powerful heavy industrial base and her nations service economy she feels that together you'd make up for many of the others strengths.
Considering her nation has the number one economy in the periphery, despite our industrial base? Yeah I think she may have a point.

OOC:Honestly my reluctance towards this marriage is more of lingering feelings of resentment over the Trinity Alliance, which is stupid of me, so.

I tell her that I'm still a bit uncertain about the marriage(bit of a romantic at heart, seeing as I wasn't raised to be politician), but an actual and lasting alliance between our two nations, with the option of getting the OWA to join in(unlikely, but still preferable) is very appealing.

I have the Minister of Trade and Colonization start drawing up the terms of the alliance.

Rockets are so idiotically simple that most of the time is spent calibrating sensors and making sure the mounts go on right. Busy work mostly.

MRMs on the otherhand, they're still doing tests using dumbfire LRMs and SRMs before redesigning the luanchers to fire standard infantry LAW rockets.
OOC: Right then, another roll for the MRMs.
[dice]2325[/dice]
OOC: Wow they don't want to be made.

They put in a request for additional AC barrels for testing. These rounds love to misfire.
[dice]2326[/dice]

They built a prototype.

It exploded.

They constructed another prototype.

It also exploded.

Testing will continue once the wreckage of the second prototype has been examined.
Yeesh.
[dice]2327[/dice]

They are working on a test rig... it's kinda huge.
Well, its just a prototype after all.
[dice]2328[/dice]

The problem is the flight school is in samantha.
OOC: ... Really need to sop posting without getting the right amount of sleep first.
I'd like to revise my prior posting orders and have them sent to Samantha instead.

Dude. I know what a fucking white elephant is.

And they're damned suspicious as to WHY you want them
Its not like there's a Data Core, that has been given out to everyone, and will eventually lead to a renaissance of renewed technology, right?

If they don't want to sell the rights to the designs, then at least will they be willing to sell the designs?

Once things have settled down with the Liaos and the Confederation, invite Emma(as an observer, if she's still here), the Marshalls, the head of TMI, and Wilson to a meeting. I had previously asked Wilson to divulge any information on the Pirate's Haven that he may have on it, in return for payment for the information. Now I want to go over it, and see if we can use it to set up an attack to conquer and reassimilate the Badlands, seeing as we still have flux of mercenaries on the payroll that want to fight. I also see about getting any Star Chart data we may have saved about the Badlands Cluster, or if the Hegemony Core has anything on it.

Something else to do is retrieve information on the Hegemony Core about Storm Inhibiters, Oxygen factories, Seismic Surpressor Stations, Artificial Dirt, and of course the Jamerson-Ulikov Water Purification Procedure, and then talk to both the Privy Council and the head of the Far Lookers. For the council, I want to see about making this open sourced and distribute the data to everyone. Too many people need this tech not to do it.

And as for how we acquired it, well Candace does know we found a Star League Cache on two of her planets, why not say that we found some decryption tech that allowed us to decipher quite a bit of the Helm Data core on colonization.

For the Far Looker head, I'd like to have a private meeting we're can discuss future resettlement options now that we have access to this tech.

Also, I probably need to make another private meeting between the Minister of Trade and Colonization and the Exchequer about revising those economic plans we had previously made to take into account the Hegemony Core, and the slow introduction of it's tech. Probably invite the Ministers of Defense, Education, and the Interior, to discuss how to distribute it and protect it as well.

Last edited:
He seems shocked. But Comstar does as its asked. He asks how you came across such info.

This is too high profile to bury.

Though you get the feeling they're going to be watching closely to figure out HOW. And then blow how up.
Well, since we've had some time to clean the site out, this is when I tell them it was part of the Celeano find - which they'll likely learn existed sooner or later. I'll claim that it took a while to identify what we had and then confirm it was genuine but now that I know, I can't possibly justify not sharing this with the rest of the human race.

He loves you. He'd be willing to walk through hell. The man is like that. Loyal and passonate.
Man's best friend, the hound.

Ian can't say he's not a little disapointed.

There's a good chance you share in it too.
Pretty much. But if I didn't have self-control I'd have been a lousy teacher. Plus there's way too much at stake to screw up by losing our heads here.

Not quite. Damned near.
Good job I didn't mention the marriage first then.

Well, they want the FedSuns to make an oath to the Taurian Concoradant along with your oath along the same lines. And for there to be penalties for a betrayal of trust. Use it to leverage your position vs the FedSuns.

Rather than have it so the Concordant are getting the biggest bride price in history, leverage it so it's a grand exchange with the most outrageous dowery as well. It'll give you bargaining position and allow for the inclusion of needed pro-taurian cavots in the various oaths and treaties you otherwise wouldn't get.
In general that sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure what penalties would be enforceable - there's not really a court of appeal against the Federated Suns as a whole - but Ian's really straightforward enough that it's probably only face-saving to have something like that. Hanse is a bit more devious but he seems to be onboard with this.

Okay, what seems to make sense here is to look at drawing up a treaty and poke at it for loopholes. See if we can put something acceptable to us together.

Meanwhile, the Privy Council will all get a chance to meet Ian at the formal receptions and so forth and get a feel for him themselves. (Yes, I'm trying to sell him to them. I'm also giving them the chance to allay reasonable concerns. I'm _twenty-five_ and may not be entirely rational on this matter.)

And I have no idea how Ian will get on with Gerald and James now. This could backfire horribly. So next time I see Ian privately I need to explain the situation and make it clear that while the situation with regard to their being suitors has changed and they can't know this yet that the logic of a military alliance between the Free Worlds League and Federated Suns remains solid. If he's not interested then fine, but otherwise Ian winning them over would be potentially very rewarding for him.

The good news is I can tell him that overall the Privy Council isn't opposed to a marriage between us. There are questions of how handle the details and how to sell it without slighting the pride of both nations but in general... things are looking positive.

Oh and I'll make sure he has a copy of the water treatment files as well as those on the Battleax, Hammerhand and Swordsworn. Just to take care of that business.

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(20) 3033

"He rules over one half the largest nation known to man, is married to a woman more then half his age, has just watched one of his most hated enemies get stomped by an alliance of periphery powers, and then replaced by someone whose married to his #1 intelligence agent. I don't think it can get much bigger."

"Don't encourage him, sir."

Fair enough, but if I wanted more bug mechs, I just up the production of the ones we've got.

?

Alright, so what did we get?

What designs were being build there?

OOC: And this is why I shouldn't post after not sleeping for 24 hours. I meant the New Vandenberg.

It's still a goddamned mess and will need almost a total rebuild.

*sigh*
[dice]2324[/dice]

DAMN THESE PEOPLE!

So how does the OWA want to split it? I'd like to issue a Dibs on any Spads, Zeros, Gothas, or Tomahawks.

Well, they'll happily allow you the specs for anything and any technical data as well as samples of any technology gound but frankly they have the most need for the fighters themselves.

Oh, well in that case, I'm going with finders keepers losers weepers. ransom. She wants it back, she's going to need to pay for it. The TDF and Mercs under my command fought hard for it, so she's going to need to provide incentive for them to give it back.

"Exactly what did you find."

Not going to happen. But as a salve, she should check her mailbox, I'm sending out a few gifts to everyone.

Suspicion.

Got it, well good thing we got fix for that.

Huh? It's an issue with the design. Now it's fading a bit due to the succession wars technological backslide ending but still...

The hot, beautiful, and willing type. Duh. ;)

You're not seriously asking for a daughter are you?

Well, show her the town. Take her to see the local entertainment

Not quite as abundant as back home, but still interesting.

maybe a few museums,

She enjoys the military museums and is generally impressed by the Concordant's long history.

show off the TDF a bit,

VERY impressed. It's a no wonder you were able to cream the Capallans. You have the numbers and firepower the Canopian military doesn't.
maybe challenge her to a training spar in mechs.

2d6

Oh and I suppose hand her a copy of the data I plan on sending out to everyone.

hold off on these

Kind of hard not to, her mom's not a Liao, but she's definitely unstable. And Emma sounds like someone I can get to like.

She's a very serious woman.

Considering her nation has the number one economy in the periphery, despite our industrial base? Yeah I think she may have a point.

No, it's not the #1 economy yet. She's the one who does that.

OOC:Honestly my reluctance towards this marriage is more of lingering feelings of resentment over the Trinity Alliance, which is stupid of me, so.

I tell her that I'm still a bit uncertain about the marriage(bit of a romantic at heart, seeing as I wasn't raised to be politician), but an actual and lasting alliance between our two nations, with the option of getting the OWA to join in(unlikely, but still preferable) is very appealing.

She'd like that.

She also at one point says if you're even going to entertain this idea there's something she has to check.

She kisses you and asks to see your room...

Let me put it this way, roll 2d6 and the girl fucks like a mink.

I have the Minister of Trade and Colonization start drawing up the terms of the alliance.

Alright. Still considering the marriage pact?

OOC: Right then, another roll for the MRMs.
[dice]2325[/dice]
OOC: Wow they don't want to be made.

Exploded.

Still testing but nothings exploded yet... which is a shame because they were playing with ideas for tandem charge ammunition. Must be something in the fusing systems...

Yeesh.
[dice]2327[/dice]

Prototype fall down go boom. Without the falling part.

Well, its just a prototype after all.
[dice]2328[/dice]

They just created a machine that with a push of a button will send the person into a transcendent hallucinogenic trance... which is a far bit better than the previous models nosebleeds and headaches.

Right now it's a 5 million C-bill high. They invite you to try it out. :p

OOC: ... Really need to sop posting without getting the right amount of sleep first.
I'd like to revise my prior posting orders and have them sent to Samantha instead.

ok

Its not like there's a Data Core, that has been given out to everyone, and will eventually lead to a renaissance of renewed technology, right?

Heh.

If they don't want to sell the rights to the designs, then at least will they be willing to sell the designs?

They'd be willing to... license them.

Once things have settled down with the Liaos and the Confederation, invite Emma(as an observer, if she's still here), the Marshalls, the head of TMI, and Wilson to a meeting. I had previously asked Wilson to divulge any information on the Pirate's Haven that he may have on it, in return for payment for the information. Now I want to go over it, and see if we can use it to set up an attack to conquer and reassimilate the Badlands, seeing as we still have flux of mercenaries on the payroll that want to fight. I also see about getting any Star Chart data we may have saved about the Badlands Cluster, or if the Hegemony Core has anything on it.

2d6? The info they had helps but they're not pirates.

Something else to do is retrieve information on the Hegemony Core about Storm Inhibiters, Oxygen factories, Seismic Surpressor Stations, Artificial Dirt, and of course the Jamerson-Ulikov Water Purification Procedure, and then talk to both the Privy Council and the head of the Far Lookers. For the council, I want to see about making this open sourced and distribute the data to everyone. Too many people need this tech not to do it.

The issue is making a way to distribute this without attracting attention.

And as for how we acquired it, well Candace does know we found a Star League Cache on two of her planets, why not say that we found some decryption tech that allowed us to decipher quite a bit of the Helm Data core on colonization.

Because she'd demand access to it.

For the Far Looker head, I'd like to have a private meeting we're can discuss future resettlement options now that we have access to this tech.

Mr Dunn is a VERY old man... but he will do what he can.

Also, I probably need to make another private meeting between the Minister of Trade and Colonization and the Exchequer about revising those economic plans we had previously made to take into account the Hegemony Core, and the slow introduction of it's tech. Probably invite the Ministers of Defense, Education, and the Interior, to discuss how to distribute it and protect it as well.

Okay. What do you want to do?

And it's basically in a very deep armored bunker with several other copies in equally deep armored bunkers.

Well, since we've had some time to clean the site out, this is when I tell them it was part of the Celeano find - which they'll likely learn existed sooner or later. I'll claim that it took a while to identify what we had and then confirm it was genuine but now that I know, I can't possibly justify not sharing this with the rest of the human race.

He smiles and thanks you. And you have a feeling he didn't believe a word of it.

Alright. Any plans for the other bits of SL terraforming kit in there?
Man's best friend, the hound.

Aye. The man is well named.

Pretty much. But if I didn't have self-control I'd have been a lousy teacher. Plus there's way too much at stake to screw up by losing our heads here.

Lots of glances at dinner.

Good job I didn't mention the marriage first then.

Yep.

In general that sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure what penalties would be enforceable - there's not really a court of appeal against the Federated Suns as a whole - but Ian's really straightforward enough that it's probably only face-saving to have something like that. Hanse is a bit more devious but he seems to be onboard with this.

It would give legitimacy to any grievances and because of the semi-fedual structure of the Federated Suns, if he compromised on your rights as a March Lord according to the oaths, it could damage his standing with the others.

Okay, what seems to make sense here is to look at drawing up a treaty and poke at it for loopholes. See if we can put something acceptable to us together.

They're bringing in Hanse for this. You get some of your best too.

Meanwhile, the Privy Council will all get a chance to meet Ian at the formal receptions and so forth and get a feel for him themselves. (Yes, I'm trying to sell him to them. I'm also giving them the chance to allay reasonable concerns. I'm _twenty-five_ and may not be entirely rational on this matter.)

Actually calms all but the most diehard anti-davion of the group. The man is infectiously likable.

And I have no idea how Ian will get on with Gerald and James now. This could backfire horribly. So next time I see Ian privately I need to explain the situation and make it clear that while the situation with regard to their being suitors has changed and they can't know this yet that the logic of a military alliance between the Free Worlds League and Federated Suns remains solid. If he's not interested then fine, but otherwise Ian winning them over would be potentially very rewarding for him.

James is a bit off put. But he's kept in by the idea of reducing the Capallans to a thin paste.

Gerald simply shrugs. He saw the way you'd moon over him when you talked about him. Though the fact they'd offer so much is a shock. You'd have to be a damned fool not to say yes.

And he will not endanger the possibility of a military alliance against house Liao for petty personal pride. The good of the Free World's League comes first in his mind.

The good news is I can tell him that overall the Privy Council isn't opposed to a marriage between us. There are questions of how handle the details and how to sell it without slighting the pride of both nations but in general... things are looking positive.

He is ecstatic. And then admits he was actually debating abdicating if he had to. Hanse already does much of the heavy lifting. He's never been one for politics.

Oh and I'll make sure he has a copy of the water treatment files as well as those on the Battleax, Hammerhand and Swordsworn. Just to take care of that business.

He's shocked by the mech designs and sputters out "How? Where?"

He smiles and thanks you. And you have a feeling he didn't believe a word of it.
Oh well, it was worth a try.

Alright. Any plans for the other bits of SL terraforming kit in there?
Let the Farlookers play with it.

Do we have schematics for HPGs?

Lots of glances at dinner.
Between us or from people who noticed us glancing at each other?

It would give legitimacy to any grievances and because of the semi-fedual structure of the Federated Suns, if he compromised on your rights as a March Lord according to the oaths, it could damage his standing with the others.
For one thing, all the usual measures for removing a noble as grossly incompetent or tyrannical or disliking autocannon should go through the Concordat Courts not the Federated Suns courts.

They're bringing in Hanse for this. You get some of your best too.
While we're at it, what's the status on Malagrotta? It was a shared star system before the Reunification War and that didn't work out so well.

Actually calms all but the most diehard anti-davion of the group. The man is infectiously likable.
Yes. I, um, noticed.

James is a bit off put. But he's kept in by the idea of reducing the Capallans to a thin paste.

Gerald simply shrugs. He saw the way you'd moon over him when you talked about him. Though the fact they'd offer so much is a shock. You'd have to be a damned fool not to say yes.

And he will not endanger the possibility of a military alliance against house Liao for petty personal pride. The good of the Free World's League comes first in his mind.
...we need to keep Gerald from sticking his head into his uncle's noose. This is the heir that Janos Marik needs.

No use alienating James either but Gerald is showing some impressive qualities.

He is ecstatic. And then admits he was actually debating abdicating if he had to. Hanse already does much of the heavy lifting. He's never been one for politics.
One thing House Davion does right is require military and then government service of its heirs. Ian, unfortunately, was far too young for that when he took the throne. Which is probably why his brother-in-law has his sticky paws over around a third of the Federated Suns government.

Quite honestly, I can assure him I've no doubt that Hanse Davion would be terrifyingly capable as First Prince. On the other hand, he'd almost certainly not have convinced me to agree to joint operations against House Liao. So Ian maybe under-estimates himself.

He's shocked by the mech designs and sputters out "How? Where?"
"The Terran Hegemony studied the Federated Suns' battlemech programme intensively, five hundred years and change back. The Hammerhand was so formidable they seem to have created the Warhammer specifically to counter it. This is part of your House's history, it's only right to return it."

"As for where, I'm sure you're aware I've been looking for lost resources. One of the expeditions found that in what was once Hegemony space. It's not the only find - MIIO may have told you we've found the 'Mechs to expand the TDF's 'Mech regiments a little."

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Comstar is nasty evil with low grade mary sue powers.

Don't be shocked if the "Davion Heavy Guards" should happen to try and burn Samantha City to the ground or something... because it's kinda their thing

Let the Farlookers play with it.

Mr. Dunn in private asks you a simple question. How.

Do we have schematics for HPGs?

Yes.

Between us or from people who noticed us glancing at each other?

Yes. The fact that the two of you are dancing around each other is well known.

In some quarters your recent war with the capallans is noted as flirting with battlemechs.

For one thing, all the usual measures for removing a noble as grossly incompetent or tyrannical or disliking autocannon should go through the Concordat Courts not the Federated Suns courts.

That can be arranged. Though there might be some desire for an appellate process but again, it can be discussed.

While we're at it, what's the status on Malagrotta? It was a shared star system before the Reunification War and that didn't work out so well.

It's one of the places where all of this shit started. He'll ceed it.

Yes. I, um, noticed.

Heh. I can tell... ;)
...we need to keep Gerald from sticking his head into his uncle's noose. This is the heir that Janos Marik needs.

No use alienating James either but Gerald is showing some impressive qualities.

You get the feeling he backed his uncle because he felt his uncle was in the right about his father being too weak.

He got conned and it killed him.

One thing House Davion does right is require military and then government service of its heirs. Ian, unfortunately, was far too young for that when he took the throne. Which is probably why his brother-in-law has his sticky paws over around a third of the Federated Suns government.

Ian in private would agree. He's not the best politician and just doesn't like how slimy politics can get.

Quite honestly, I can assure him I've no doubt that Hanse Davion would be terrifyingly capable as First Prince. On the other hand, he'd almost certainly not have convinced me to agree to joint operations against House Liao. So Ian maybe under-estimates himself.

He simply smiles at that. He doubts himself sometimes, wondering if it wouldn't have been better if Hanse was born first.

"The Terran Hegemony studied the Federated Suns' battlemech programme intensively, five hundred years and change back. The Hammerhand was so formidable they seem to have created the Warhammer specifically to counter it. This is part of your House's history, it's only right to return it."

"As for where, I'm sure you're aware I've been looking for lost resources. One of the expeditions found that in what was once Hegemony space. It's not the only find - MIIO may have told you we've found the 'Mechs to expand the TDF's 'Mech regiments a little."

"I've heard." he replies. "We have some pictures of you unloading entire mules full of Terran Hegemony battlemechs. Estimates are in the order of five to ten full regiments. I wasn't going to ask you now because I don't want to ruin things, but Kaede... what the hell did you find?"

Comstar is nasty evil with low grade mary sue powers.

Don't be shocked if the "Davion Heavy Guards" should happen to try and burn Samantha City to the ground or something... because it's kinda their thing
If that happens I'll be surprised if any of the mechwarriors are taken alive.

Mr. Dunn in private asks you a simple question. How.
"Redheads are lucky, Mr. Dunn."

Make sure we don't lose them.

Yes. The fact that the two of you are dancing around each other is well known.

In some quarters your recent war with the capallans is noted as flirting with battlemechs.
...oh fercryin'outloud

That can be arranged. Though there might be some desire for an appellate process but again, it can be discussed.
By lawyers. And then translated for non-lawyers into simple terms.

It's one of the places where all of this shit started. He'll ceed it.
Okay.

You get the feeling he backed his uncle because he felt his uncle was in the right about his father being too weak.

He got conned and it killed him.
Well hopefully he'll think twice before siding against Janos this time.

Ian in private would agree. He's not the best politician and just doesn't like how slimy politics can get.
I don't like how bloody warfare gets. But it's part of the... terrible privilege of being a Calderon.

He simply smiles at that. He doubts himself sometimes, wondering if it wouldn't have been better if Hanse was born first.
There's no knowing. He could have been great - he's surely smart enough. But without an older brother to set an example he might have been a terror. Or both. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

"I've heard." he replies. "We have some pictures of you unloading entire mules full of Terran Hegemony battlemechs. Estimates are in the order of five to ten full regiments. I wasn't going to ask you now because I don't want to ruin things, but Kaede... what the hell did you find?"
"The estimates are a little high - some of it's not much better than junk. We found a Terran Hegemony boneyard of equipment, including 'Mechs, that were put into storage as obsolete, if you can get your head around that. You can expect more data in the future because we managed to find some intact computer systems. This is just the first taste."

"On paper our marriage may look like icing on the cake of a deal of worlds for data by the time we're done. If that makes this more palatable for people either side of the border then so be it."

If that happens I'll be surprised if any of the mechwarriors are taken alive.

Yeah. For some reason most will die fighting or kill themselves.

"Redheads are lucky, Mr. Dunn."

"Please. I understand you have your secrets and I am a loyal Taruan. I must know if only to still my mind and if possible and acceptable, offer you some degree of advice.... because this. All this, It's too much to simply be random scraps of knowledge found in an old library..."

Make sure we don't lose them.

In the memory core. Including the exact specs for the portable kind... which sadly cost as much as a dropship to build

...oh fercryin'outloud

Its true. ^_^

By lawyers. And then translated for non-lawyers into simple terms.

Heh. Basically.

Well hopefully he'll think twice before siding against Janos this time.

You're at least thinking he will.

I don't like how bloody warfare gets. But it's part of the... terrible privilege of being a Calderon.

Nor does he to be honest, but ultimately he sees it as a lesser evil. He hates the Draconis Combine and Capallan Confederation due to their treatment of their citizenry. He outright considers the combine a nation of slaves belonging to the Inner Sphere's most successful line of bandit princes.

There's no knowing. He could have been great - he's surely smart enough. But without an older brother to set an example he might have been a terror. Or both. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

He smiles and gives you another kiss. You know just what to say. Thank you.

"The estimates are a little high - some of it's not much better than junk. We found a Terran Hegemony boneyard of equipment, including 'Mechs, that were put into storage as obsolete, if you can get your head around that. You can expect more data in the future because we managed to find some intact computer systems. This is just the first taste."

"On paper our marriage may look like icing on the cake of a deal of worlds for data by the time we're done. If that makes this more palatable for people either side of the border then so be it."

He sucks in a deep breath. "Jesus Christ. To have found a Terran Hegemony boneyard you had to go into the former hegemony. And to get that much data... you found some kind of Library Memory Core, didn't you? Not just fragments but an actual intact memory core."

Yeah. For some reason most will die fighting or kill themselves.
Yeah... I'm thinking we need more aerospace fighters. And more assault dropships. And if the TCS New Vandenberg wasn't a wreck...

"Please. I understand you have your secrets and I am a loyal Taruan. I must know if only to still my mind and if possible and acceptable, offer you some degree of advice.... because this. All this, It's too much to simply be random scraps of knowledge found in an old library..."
"A public announcement will be made once it doesn't make our cities the biggest targets within a thousand light years."

In the memory core. Including the exact specs for the portable kind... which sadly cost as much as a dropship to build
Yes. Make sure that data's copied. If ComStar becomes too much of a problem I'll violate their monopoly as if it was a Draconian prostitute.

You're at least thinking he will.
Good.

Nor does he to be honest, but ultimately he sees it as a lesser evil. He hates the Draconis Combine and Capallan Confederation due to their treatment of their citizenry. He outright considers the combine a nation of slaves belonging to the Inner Sphere's most successful line of bandit princes.
Not entirely unfair. House Liao was at least legitimately elected to lead the Capellans. House Kurita elected themselves at gunpoint.

He smiles and gives you another kiss. You know just what to say. Thank you.
...if he keeps that up then self-control may become an issue.

He sucks in a deep breath. "Jesus Christ. To have found a Terran Hegemony boneyard you had to go into the former hegemony. And to get that much data... you found some kind of Library Memory Core, didn't you? Not just fragments but an actual intact memory core."
"Don't think that too loudly. I'm sure you can imagine how... determined just about everyone would be to obtain such a core... or to deny it to their enemies. I refuse to believe that we lost so much technology by chance. Not when even through the Age of War technology rose. The losses in the Succession Wars were too thorough."

"Even some of your subordinates would at least _consider_ trying to seize something like that. Never mind that given a little patience you'll have all of it. So as much discretion as possible until we can make the announcement."

Yeah... I'm thinking we need more aerospace fighters. And more assault dropships. And if the TCS New Vandenberg wasn't a wreck...

Heh. Well, for the Vandenberg you actually have the specs for the damned thing. Not enough to build a new one, but a basic roadmap for the one you got...

"A public announcement will be made once it doesn't make our cities the biggest targets within a thousand light years."

He nods. "I understand."

He seems to have guessed it is something huge. "I will forget this conversation but I'd like to volunteer my services to you in the future."

Yes. Make sure that data's copied. If ComStar becomes too much of a problem I'll violate their monopoly as if it was a Draconian prostitute.

Everything has been. But yes, they have the HPG data ready incase Comstar needs to be reminded that it was a Calderon who made them and if they push it, a Calderon will unmake them.

Not entirely unfair. House Liao was at least legitimately elected to lead the Capellans. House Kurita elected themselves at gunpoint.

"If only they were not legitimately insane."

...if he keeps that up then self-control may become an issue.

Heh. You get the feeling the man is almost counting on it.

"Don't think that too loudly. I'm sure you can imagine how... determined just about everyone would be to obtain such a core... or to deny it to their enemies. I refuse to believe that we lost so much technology by chance. Not when even through the Age of War technology rose. The losses in the Succession Wars were too thorough."

His eyes go rock hard. "Kaede, tell me what and who you suspect. You're not the type to make these kind of guesses based on pure paranoia. You know something and you're not telling me."

"Even some of your subordinates would at least _consider_ trying to seize something like that. Never mind that given a little patience you'll have all of it. So as much discretion as possible until we can make the announcement."

"If any of my subordinates do anything stupid I shoot them myself." he states blundly, "Everything the Federated Suns has is at your disposal and I hope the same is true in turn. I would like us to be two nations moving as one into a new tomorrow, not endlessly revisiting the broken dreams and petty hatreds of the past. Even without the core this is true. But with it? With it we can create a real future."

Heh. Well, for the Vandenberg you actually have the specs for the damned thing. Not enough to build a new one, but a basic roadmap for the one you got...
I'm not entirely sure it won't cost more to repair than to build something from scratch but if we have the ability to put it in orbit of Taurus and at least somewhat ready to fight, that would be a powerful defense.

He nods. "I understand."

He seems to have guessed it is something huge. "I will forget this conversation but I'd like to volunteer my services to you in the future."
I won't forget that offer.

Everything has been. But yes, they have the HPG data ready incase Comstar needs to be reminded that it was a Calderon who made them and if they push it, a Calderon will unmake them.
Precisely.

"If only they were not legitimately insane."
"I suspect it's environmental rather than genetic - some of the better Liaos were raised elsewhere, one of them on New Avalon in fact."

You get the feeling the man is almost counting on it.
Maybe politics will defer his current ardour.

His eyes go rock hard. "Kaede, tell me what and who you suspect. You're not the type to make these kind of guesses based on pure paranoia. You know something and you're not telling me."
"I have no evidence but logic. If it isn't coincidence that virtually every attempt to advance science and technology over the last two centuries then there must be an agency of some kind. That agency must have reach to gather information across the entirety of the old Star League, the infiltration to inform those who despatch raiders and the financial resources to launch their own raids as a final resource. I'm from New Vandenberg. The tales of the 'White Wings' are quite common there. Now I'm Protector I know that there was an incident there and that efforts to salvage a SLDF vessel there were foiled by mysterious raiders."

"If it was one of the Successor States then they wouldn't suffer the same degree of attacks. The Periphery states simply don't have the reach or resources. But there's one organisation that does extend across the old Star League. One that has access to the most intact records of what might remain hidden on any of our worlds. One organisation that specifically claims to preserve the Star League's science and has never once shown any inclination to share it."

"ComStar has unquestioned access to virtually all interstellar communication. If they have access to Star League era computers it's possible they could break most of the ciphers used today. It would be almost impossible to hide scientific research from them, or the financial transactions to support it. And their power rests on a monopoly of technology. History suggests strongly that power corrupts. It would only take one Primus to decide that they would enforce their monopoly and then pass that policy down to their successors."

"If I'm correct then hundreds of thousands of scientists have been killed either directly by ComStar agents or by raids launched on information they provided. And since research into such matters as agriculture and medicine saves lives, they've indirectly killed billions."

"But I have no proof. Just the fact that it's mathematically improbable that no one in the billions of talented people all across the Inner Sphere has taken one step forward in two hundred years. Not without being quickly killed off."

"If any of my subordinates do anything stupid I shoot them myself." he states blundly, "Everything the Federated Suns has is at your disposal and I hope the same is true in turn. I would like us to be two nations moving as one into a new tomorrow, not endlessly revisiting the broken dreams and petty hatreds of the past. Even without the core this is true. But with it? With it we can create a real future."
"I want my people to be safe and prosperous and free. That requires peace... and that requires preparing for war... We live in a perverse universe. It requires alliances which appeared unthinkable two years ago. And it requires technology that was lost to be recovered and even improved upon."

"For two hundred years we've - all of us, not just the Successor States - have fought over scraps. Let's build something new and fresh. Make everyone richer, not just us at the expense of others."

I'm not entirely sure it won't cost more to repair than to build something from scratch but if we have the ability to put it in orbit of Taurus and at least somewhat ready to fight, that would be a powerful defense.

Basically use it as a monitor?

If they focused on the systems other than the KF drive that could be possible.

gimme 2d6

I won't forget that offer.

He smiles. "You're a true Calderon. I think Samantha herself would be proud of you."

Precisely.

"I suspect it's environmental rather than genetic - some of the better Liaos were raised elsewhere, one of them on New Avalon in fact."

"Maybe a bit of both," he replies.

Maybe politics will defer his current ardour.

As long as noone finds out!

"I have no evidence but logic. If it isn't coincidence that virtually every attempt to advance science and technology over the last two centuries then there must be an agency of some kind. That agency must have reach to gather information across the entirety of the old Star League, the infiltration to inform those who despatch raiders and the financial resources to launch their own raids as a final resource. I'm from New Vandenberg. The tales of the 'White Wings' are quite common there. Now I'm Protector I know that there was an incident there and that efforts to salvage a SLDF vessel there were foiled by mysterious raiders."

"If it was one of the Successor States then they wouldn't suffer the same degree of attacks. The Periphery states simply don't have the reach or resources. But there's one organisation that does extend across the old Star League. One that has access to the most intact records of what might remain hidden on any of our worlds. One organisation that specifically claims to preserve the Star League's science and has never once shown any inclination to share it."

"ComStar has unquestioned access to virtually all interstellar communication. If they have access to Star League era computers it's possible they could break most of the ciphers used today. It would be almost impossible to hide scientific research from them, or the financial transactions to support it. And their power rests on a monopoly of technology. History suggests strongly that power corrupts. It would only take one Primus to decide that they would enforce their monopoly and then pass that policy down to their successors."

"If I'm correct then hundreds of thousands of scientists have been killed either directly by ComStar agents or by raids launched on information they provided. And since research into such matters as agriculture and medicine saves lives, they've indirectly killed billions."
"But I have no proof. Just the fact that it's mathematically improbable that no one in the billions of talented people all across the Inner Sphere has taken one step forward in two hundred years. Not without being quickly killed off."

He simply sits and watches while she talks going through a gambet of emotion but not interupting.

First confusion.

Then denial.

Then shock and realization.

Then acceptance.

And then... and then she sees his face twist into something scary.

Complete burning righteous fury.

He takes a deep breath and looks at her with utter conviction. "If this is true, if what you're saying is correct... Comstar must be destroyed for the good of mankind. We will need to find evidence. We will need to discover their agenda. We will need to break our dependency on their services. And then, and then we will have to take them to task for their crimes against humanity. We must break them."

"I want my people to be safe and prosperous and free. That requires peace... and that requires preparing for war... We live in a perverse universe. It requires alliances which appeared unthinkable two years ago. And it requires technology that was lost to be recovered and even improved upon."

"For two hundred years we've - all of us, not just the Successor States - have fought over scraps. Let's build something new and fresh. Make everyone richer, not just us at the expense of others."

"I couldn't agree more, my love."

A hug and a passionate kiss.

Basically use it as a monitor?

If they focused on the systems other than the KF drive that could be possible.

gimme 2d6
Right now fixing the K-F drive is less important than having it move and fire guns.
[dice]2334[/dice]

He smiles. "You're a true Calderon. I think Samantha herself would be proud of you."

Precisely.
Let's hope so.

He simply sits and watches while she talks going through a gambet of emotion but not interupting.

First confusion.

Then denial.

Then shock and realization.

Then acceptance.

And then... and then she sees his face twist into something scary.

Complete burning righteous fury.

He takes a deep breath and looks at her with utter conviction. "If this is true, if what you're saying is correct... Comstar must be destroyed for the good of mankind. We will need to find evidence. We will need to discover their agenda. We will need to break our dependency on their services. And then, and then we will have to take them to task for their crimes against humanity. We must break them."
"Which is why I'm holding back on publicising the existence of the core until back-up copies are suitably secured - particularly data files on little things like 'how to build an HPG'."

"Finding the evidence we need will take time - particularly since it's virtually certain they've at least low-level infiltration of our intelligence services."

"I couldn't agree more, my love."

A hug and a passionate kiss.
I do have protection.
Self-control roll:
[dice]2335[/dice]

I do. Not immediately but I have an entire great house to repopulate and she gets to help.

Wink.

Your desk on the other hand is of much studier construction

Yeah, but it doesn't count if you don't say Dibs!

On a more serous note, my troops needed that long range deployment experience more than his needed the "Swat the insect across the border with a sledgehammer" experience.

All via one time pad.

It actually was a learning experience for the AFFS, mostly in having to move, support and group such a large number of troops.

Nice. I make sure they're honored properly.

I want the fine art of blowing shit up from afar with huge cannons to become a taurian favorite.

In the long run a major military academy is big boon for any planet, its a university in all but name. Having a dedicated Artillery School will help ensure

OF COURSE! TTI, PPL, and VMI get calls...

And we might need moar Toro lines if the TDF is ever to get any.

VMI grumbles a bit about sharing the Talos, but not too much considering they're getting a slice of the Toro market.

TTI, PPL, and VMI are planning on additional lines of Toro's anyway just to keep up with the demand, with new lines opening end of 3026, middle 3027, end 3027. 12 lines of Toro's should be more than sufficient.

Just as planned. Helps everyone come out ahead.

The man deserves this and it was my pleasure to see it done.

I'd like to also have a couple basic plants build there.

Would Quickschell be interested? I believe they have one plant already and it'll give them a wider product coverage. Same inspection rules though. Quality control in all Taurian manufacture is taken seriously because our name mean everything.

Quikcell's a bit strained at the moment but Scarborough Arms sends an un-solicited bid to open a new factory for their hover craft.

Right. Very good. Along those lines I want the worlds we had to abandon due to lack of water resettled ASAP.

The Ministry of Colonization adds them to the list of worlds that are going to be colonized or will be in the near future.

I do hope Quikschell doesn't slack on the QC on this one...

The actual vehicle units are even more ramshackle than usual for a Quikcell product, but on the flip-side strict quality control on the J/U water filters means they are up to par.

Most manufacturers aren't even bothering making mobile units, instead simply building J/U water filter units to fit within a standard cargo container.

I mention to Akeno I'd send Takashi a strongly written letter if I thought it would do a goddamned thing. This was intended as a gift for mankind.

Still, I'm glad he's at least subcontracting but this is something of a violation of the spirit of the act.

Akeno eventually receives a personal letter that she shares with you, Chandrasekhar Kurita apparently made a bold proposal to the Co-ordinator that was accepted. There's a scheme in place to ensure both quality control and distributing units to communities that wouldn't be able to afford one.

Its an arcane mess that makes you glad you weren't shoved into the body of Kurita and made Co-ordinator.

You mean assholes.

Anyone with the word "Cartel" in their name is shady to begin with and frankly the Immortan Joes of the Inner Sphere can suck my giant bull cock.

Heh.

Fast? My plan is to shake the in 10 years to see what falls out. And then check again every couple years to check progress and give some direction.

Noted

Well, most of mine are happily willing to become full time mistresses. And aren't from fucked up totalitarian states. Rather most are from nations I fully intend to ally with and want leverage with. ^_^

Well. Except Akeno. But she moved.

Heh.

Fair enough. And good news that.

The Capallan March people have reason to be paranoid and I admit that. Micheal Hasek-Davion is a thundering douchebag.

MHD is worse than most Haseks.

I know who to fuck first. Who to fuck long and hard and without warning.

Frankly I'm tempted to work with Hanse into drawing him into some kind of elaborate trap where we can drop 10 regiments on them and smash them to paste. Or just nuke them. Because never signed the Ares Conventions, mkay?

Or given rumors of resupply trouble the MAC is running into right now it might be possible to lure them away.

I'm annoyed. It was going to be the TDF's test of long range strike ability. But I understand the popular impact.

The Zarantha Cluster raid was a big test of the TDF's long range strike ability, suffice it to say the logistics folks are sweating buckets.

Bigger dropships with bigger supply chains are going to be needed.

Do you want the New Vandenberg depot expanded?

Okay. Much better. Sorry, Max Liao makes me insanely paranoid.

I'm paranoid about Capallans the way some are about the Federated Suns. Hanse might be a fox, but Max is known as El Diablo for a reason.

Heh

The man didn't get and survive being Chancellor of the CapCon by being an idiot. In part you get the sense that his life would be infinitely easier if he could count on you acting like a clone of Thomas Calderon.

I send Hanse a letter asking if all is well. I've heard some really strange rumors and I'm concerned for his well being.

Hanse replies that he's in fine health, but has had to do some house cleaning lately. A few rats had gotten into his summer Palace but Adran Sortek sorted them out right quick. Then promptly starts talking up Lisa Steiner's good points.

Hot damn. Couldn't have happened to a better person. Seriously. Fuck 'er.

And I'm not alone? Strange. Very very strange.

I might have to put out a lure to get those people who might know where I can see 'em.

You still might be alone with only a few background changes.

Throughout 3026 industry watchers note new jump-ships leaving the O'Neil Yards in Terra and entering service under the Comstar flag, by 3028 if the rate of production increases are maintained Jumpship numbers in the Inner Sphere might actually grow!

Word from Terra's belters to Concordat belters indicate that new funds are being put into restoring Venus's terra forming.

"Oh yes. We must recreate it..."

Speaking of Lostech I talk to some folks about it... and Double Heat Sinks. These items need to be near the top of the to-do list.

Any plans for hiding the construction of LosTech parts?

Heh. From the sound of it it went off with a whimper and a sputter rather than a bang.

More as if its one of the few pebbles BROB was mentioning.

Fair enough. Make the time.

When would you like to meet in 3026 and where?

I know. Just saying I increase her degree of access and since I'm having new mining stations built she gets full tours.

Nods. Her close and personal relationship with you gets her in doors easier. Her actual skills ensure Madeline won't be lacking in opportunity.

Several engineers, executives, and corporate folks are hating your guts personally however; they've got absolutely no shot at all with Madeline.

Feast on the tears of jealous men Protector, feast your eyes (and lusts!) on the skilled talented and beautiful woman who decided she wanted you.

Heh. Well, really I hope she doesn't mind me pulling that smoke and mirrors act with Louise.

I do admit I'm hoping to be the Godfather when she has kids.

So? About Kyalla Centrella and Emma?

Any items you want on the agenda?

Last edited:
Samantha Calderon 21, September 3025
Girls night of doing girly things is a go!

There's even a pillow fight and hair braiding. :p

Snickers

Rally is actually a pretty good businesswoman and pretty much is able to set things right up.

Good, good. Samantha expects to receive a stupidly fast hover car painted cherry red eventually.

You sure leaving a bunch of people who hate the Davions there with a bunch of professional raiders, most of whom used to be pirates until about this time last week is a good idea?

Given the Brigader in charge of the Battalion is kindly informed that if any raiding of the FedSun's occurs that he'll be swinging from a noose along with his subalterns.

It's a test to see if the man can accept his superiors have higher level strategic goals to accomplish over petty raiding.

Now Tortuga on the other hand is fair game.

Flipside is that the TCN is given control of the orbits and are under strict orders that no Jumpships are allowed to go raiding except to Tortuga. In fact no military dropships containing troops and mechs are going to be leaving without Samantha's express personal order.

Does she get to keep the planet? Pirate Queen Revy does sound nice from where she's sitting... (IE: atop the former pirate king's golden skull throne. Which she's considering sendng to Taurus as tribute. Because you need a cool chair even if it's so awesome she doesn't want to give it up.)

Revy can keep the chair, the title of Duchess and claim on half the planet.

So long as you control the goddamned "reformed" pirates, it's a comfortable number.

That said, for the sake of argument, Revy killed most of the annoying ones.

Good, most of the Pirates get gone over with a fine eye by the MPs for crimes against the Concordat. Slaves are freed and given a ride back to their relevant embassies on Taurus.

In general civilizing the planet is go.

Eight.

4 Invaders
2 Merchants
2 Tramps
1 Scout

Samantha has prize money payed out to the various parties and has the Jumpers hauled in to be gone over and put into service with the TCN.

The Invaders and Merchants are being tagged for a Logistics unit, meant to move large quantities of material.

The two Tramps get tapped to provide Jumpship support for a new Regiment Samantha plans on working up.

Arrives in the Hades with a single message directed at you by Natasha Kerensky.

"We need to talk. Right Now."

The TDF has nukes at the ready incase they FLINCH

Samantha invites Natasha down for a chat.

In the mean time she has a few documents written up only to be unsealed upon her death. Letters in question are one time pad encrypted to Hanse, and Duncan Marik, with an open letter to Comstar

Samantha lays out what she knows of BT's future history right up to the Jihad with Hanse
Duncan gets much of the same, along with detailed instructions on how to get to Helm

Comstar gets a flat message of: The SLDF in Exile's capital is 31.17:1,754.07 using the standard X,Y grid and named Strana Mechty. The so called Clans of Kerensky are debating how to invade the Inner Sphere as we speak, they will attack. Apart from even more advanced weaponry and improved gear (mostly lighter, less bulky and improved range) the Clans number at least 200 Warships.

Their goal is to conquer Terra and re-establish the Star League with force.

Note Samantha has these prepared as her contingencies, left waiting off planet. She'll destroy them if the meeting goes well.

When Natasha does arrive Samantha has her hauled into the Farday cage room, lets her set up any jammers Natasha wishes then speaks.

"Did you really think Nicoletta Calderon would really let General Kerensky vanish into the Deep Periphery without attempting to keep track of his forces?" Samantha inquires. "So tell me given I'm sparse on details what exactly happened that the SLDF in Exile decided to group up into Lions, Tigers and Bears?"

Done It'll cost 150 million cbills each though

Money well spent!

Edgar gets sounded out, whats his age and interests? (he's literally a blank page on the Sarna wiki)

Yep. He's broadening his interests.

Heh. Lets just say he and Mr. Hasek-Davion are not best of friends.

They do.

Good because Samantha's not quite ready to settle down yet but is also young active and still a bit in recovery.

As much as dynastic games are fun she still doesn't have the bargining power both the Helm and New Dallas cores will give her. But that's 3025, not 3026 when her agents will hopefully be back.

An opening of trade of course!

Liao is looking all hungry like at your new factories and their production. Military to be exact...

Production according to the Tier system is available for purchase on first come first served basis. Cash on the barrel head in C-Bills.

Samantha casually notes that Chesteron and Tikonov Commonalty are both on Tier 1. Also how its a real shame that Hollis Industries isn't producing designs such the Catapult, Highlander and Battlemaster any more.

Roll a d4-1 labled "Bastards" please. :p

[dice]2336[/dice]

By Jove he wore protection

Didn't find the names when I looked. Interesting.

As of 3065, the Magna Metals Inc. Chief Executive Officer is a former FWL MechWarrior, Liz Shirman.[1] (for Magna)

New Vandenberg lists the Malvina's as the Planetary Lords, as with Lady Kelly O'Hanlon for Victoria.

A number however were noted characters who I gave sisters XD

She of course is willing to dance. Seems extremely amused by it all.

Samantha in between flirting with Lady Kelly inquires if she'd be open to exchange of academics between the Concordat's universities and Victoria's?

He's a classic lyrans lyran. He likes money and assault mechs and he finds your background interesting.

Most people settle for heavy fighters. You pilot assault dropships. One way to reach the level of True Firepower that every Assault Mech pilot secretly seeks. :p

"If I wanted True Firepower I'd want to command a WarShip. However those battlewagons didn't bother reaching a decent clip. Speed and firepower is where its at" Samantha notes with a smile "Still Mech's are impressive, and I'm looking forward to seeing my Mechwarriors equipped with Zeus's from VMI's new line."

Right now fixing the K-F drive is less important than having it move and fire guns.
[dice]2334[/dice]

It'll be a hell of a refit but you can get started now. The transit drive will be the real issue.

He does.

"Which is why I'm holding back on publicising the existence of the core until back-up copies are suitably secured - particularly data files on little things like 'how to build an HPG'."

You have the original core. It's literally an issue of copy-paste.

Really, Grayson Death Carlyle was something of a well meaning dolt it turns out who got VERY lucky.

He didn't know to decrypt the core's information before copying it which held back actually understanding the info by at least a decade. He's just lucky that the file structure directory was intact because without that it would have forever been nothing more than gobbledygook.

If you think that's the first Datacore found since the Star League you'd be wrong. It's just the first one that wasn't in some way damaged, which would have corrupted the directory files and made it unreadable.

"Finding the evidence we need will take time - particularly since it's virtually certain they've at least low-level infiltration of our intelligence services."

"I need to talk to Hanse."

He's quaking with fury

I do have protection.
Self-control roll:
[dice]2335[/dice]

He's a very attentive lover. If this is what Kaede has to look forward to, well, no regrets... and probably a lot of children. ;)

Your desk on the other hand is of much studier construction

So, would she like her own personal tank and would she like training as a tank commander? It's her call, but it would look very good and endear her to the population. Plus it's somewhat standard for Taurian Citizens to do a term of public service and while she wasn't born one, I do intend to give her citizenship and it'll beat the hell out of time in the home guard.

Speaking of which, I'd like to talk about having our citizens Milita improved. Besides nukes it the other reason attacking the concordant is insane in the extreme. Because of our public service standards everyone knows how to use a gun and unlike the sheeple of the inner sphere we make it a national pasttime to shoot at invaders.

Might be a good idea to create a set of low cost standardized kit and open source the design. Maybe share it with our periphery allies.

It actually was a learning experience for the AFFS, mostly in having to move, support and group such a large number of troops.

*shrug*

In the long run a major military academy is big boon for any planet, its a university in all but name. Having a dedicated Artillery School will help ensure

To make up for it, I offer to help McLoed's Land build a school too. Just a non-military one.

VMI grumbles a bit about sharing the Talos, but not too much considering they're getting a slice of the Toro market.

Oops I forgot that they were the ones who designed it.

Okay, new plan. VMI have the plans returned to them, probably as a gift for Callina after a long night of carnal delights (I do most of my best work as pillow talk!) but there are a couple conditions. They need to license it out to other local concerns for a while. It's going to be almost as popular as the Toro and we need as many people building them as possible.

TTI, PPL, and VMI are planning on additional lines of Toro's anyway just to keep up with the demand, with new lines opening end of 3026, middle 3027, end 3027. 12 lines of Toro's should be more than sufficient.

Hows this going over with the sphere?

And I have several Toros slated for the Hat in the Ring to create a couple subtypes. I know one obvious is a model with an SRM.

Quikcell's a bit strained at the moment but Scarborough Arms sends an un-solicited bid to open a new factory for their hover craft.

Perfectly good. See it done.

The Ministry of Colonization adds them to the list of worlds that are going to be colonized or will be in the near future.

Great.

The actual vehicle units are even more ramshackle than usual for a Quikcell product, but on the flip-side strict quality control on the J/U water filters means they are up to par.

I do send a questioning message: Why even bother with the trucks then?

Most manufacturers aren't even bothering making mobile units, instead simply building J/U water filter units to fit within a standard cargo container.

Awesome.

Now I'd like to look into the more detailed files on terraforming.

In fact I sit down with Mr. Dunn and some of my others (including my aunt and Moneypenny) to discuss an idea I had.

Using this to create a Legacy Datacore. One that contains all the information needed to form a basic interstellar society. It's not a military database and any weapons technology would be limited, but it would contain the info needed to ensure that humanity never falls from the stars.

Akeno eventually receives a personal letter that she shares with you, Chandrasekhar Kurita apparently made a bold proposal to the Co-ordinator that was accepted. There's a scheme in place to ensure both quality control and distributing units to communities that wouldn't be able to afford one.

I send a polite letter of thanks to Chandrasekhar along with an open invite should he ever be in the area.

Then I tell moneypenny if he ever accepts this invite I want to know when he farts because the man is one of House Kurita's spymasters. But sometimes its the devil you know, and he's authentically a decent and honorable man.

Its an arcane mess that makes you glad you weren't shoved into the body of Kurita and made Co-ordinator.

I don't know. It would be nice being able to order annoying people to water the bushes.

Yeah. Most of the time I'll just be shooting them some project milestones and challenges to be done.

MHD is worse than most Haseks.

The man's a traitor.

Or given rumors of resupply trouble the MAC is running into right now it might be possible to lure them away.

"I want this done. I want this done very very much." I state with absolute certainty. Get me that unit.

The Zarantha Cluster raid was a big test of the TDF's long range strike ability, suffice it to say the logistics folks are sweating buckets.

It was only one jump... o_O

Bigger dropships with bigger supply chains are going to be needed.

Do we have the specs for the Jumbo or Mule? We need to put them into production.

Do you want the New Vandenberg depot expanded?

Absolutely yes.

The man didn't get and survive being Chancellor of the CapCon by being an idiot. In part you get the sense that his life would be infinitely easier if he could count on you acting like a clone of Thomas Calderon.

No, he did it by being a complete monster with the outlook on life and general military outlook of Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Hanse replies that he's in fine health, but has had to do some house cleaning lately. A few rats had gotten into his summer Palace but Adran Sortek sorted them out right quick. Then promptly starts talking up Lisa Steiner's good points.

Good, because I was told this out-landing tale that someone was going to try and replace you with a clone or some such nonsense.

I know it's their job, but these intel people will issue the most outlandish reports some time. That sounds like something right out of a Saturday morning cartoon. I'm sure that next they'll be telling me that Comstar has a death ray that causes earthquakes with they're intending to use to set off all the major Fault Lines in the inner sphere as the first step in their grand plan of intergalactic conquest.

As for Lisa, that is a complicated issue that bares talking about in person.

You still might be alone with only a few background changes.
I see.

Throughout 3026 industry watchers note new jump-ships leaving the O'Neil Yards in Terra and entering service under the Comstar flag, by 3028 if the rate of production increases are maintained Jumpship numbers in the Inner Sphere might actually grow!

Word from Terra's belters to Concordat belters indicate that new funds are being put into restoring Venus's terra forming.

Speaking of Belters. I'd like to have them beg the Terran ones for some of their medical technology. Seriously. What do they want. What do we have?

Any plans for hiding the construction of LosTech parts?

Our clusters are large and full of asteroids. Hide them.

More as if its one of the few pebbles BROB was mentioning.

Ah.

When would you like to meet in 3026 and where?

Along the border somewhere secure.

And I'd like to meet after I get one of the standard SLDF cores.

Honestly my agenda is to try and build a treaty with the MoC DoA and FS/LC that'll benefit all of us at the expense of Max Liao.

Nods. Her close and personal relationship with you gets her in doors easier. Her actual skills ensure Madeline won't be lacking in opportunity.

Several engineers, executives, and corporate folks are hating your guts personally however; they've got absolutely no shot at all with Madeline.

Feast on the tears of jealous men Protector, feast your eyes (and lusts!) on the skilled talented and beautiful woman who decided she wanted you.

I am thankful every day.

Any items you want on the agenda?

I'll start with a joint defense pact and let it grow from there. Lets start with the negotiations.

The fact I wanted Emma along will point out that I am considering more.

Ideally I'd like this after I get one of the SLDF cores.

Speaking of which, how are my lostech projects going? I know Columbus isn't going to be reporting in probably until 3027 but Illyria and Helm should have news.

And I talk to Liz about expanding Manga's production in the Concordant with a second factory dedicated to their lower end arms.

Along those lines, I want the core combed for the specs for every currently constructable weapon with a license that is no longer valid. Esp ones we could validly claim were reverse engineered from our latest "find"

If we can "salvage" the design and license it out, or grant the rights in exchange for favors it would benefit us.

For example I'm sure Magna Metals for example would love to add a AC line to their production and considering its not made in the FWL, I have a feeling they've lost the ability to replicate the specs sheet for the Magna Hellstar...which we probably possess.

Also have a TOP priority job for TMI that needs to be done VERY carefully.

I want one of the Wolf Dragoons Badger and Bandit vehicles intact. And they can't know they were stolen. They have to believe them destroyed. That is critical and they cannot know who is responsible. And all info is to be kept secret. Don't want Comstar finding out about this.

Once we have them handed to the people working on the mercury and Spad. The reason is simple. They're Omnivehicles. I want their tech studied and reverse engineered.

Samantha Calderon 21, September 3025

Good, good. Samantha expects to receive a stupidly fast hover car painted cherry red eventually.
Done and done.

Given the Brigader in charge of the Battalion is kindly informed that if any raiding of the FedSun's occurs that he'll be swinging from a noose along with his subalterns.

It's a test to see if the man can accept his superiors have higher level strategic goals to accomplish over petty raiding.

Now Tortuga on the other hand is fair game.

It's said Revy threw her arm around his shoulder and said "Lets go shopping"

Flipside is that the TCN is given control of the orbits and are under strict orders that no Jumpships are allowed to go raiding except to Tortuga. In fact no military dropships containing troops and mechs are going to be leaving without Samantha's express personal order.

You get a hand written letter with a chibi sketch of Revy in a school uniform with big puppy dog eyes.

"Mommy, can we go a viking, pweese?"

Revy can keep the chair, the title of Duchess and claim on half the planet.

Next time you meet you have some really fucked up sex.

Good, most of the Pirates get gone over with a fine eye by the MPs for crimes against the Concordat. Slaves are freed and given a ride back to their relevant embassies on Taurus.

Most of the slaves are from Taurus or the Federated Suns.

Most of the worst went down fighting. The ones who are left there's a general unspoken agreement that as long as they don't cause trouble they'll be permitted to live and raid the shit out of your designated foes.

Hanse himself sends you a congratulatory letter. Hiring a group who are little more than legalized pirates to infiltrate and absorb a band of actual pirates then bind them to yourself via noble title.

He's impressed.

He'll have to burn the planet to the ground if they start ravaging his outback, but still very clever and masterfully done.

Speaking of which would you be interested in causing house Liao any trouble?

He knows you're not a bandit state. Frankly the only reason the concordant isn't counted as a successor state is because your ancestors told Ian Cameron to blow it out his ass... But now that you have a pet bandit lord you might be able to come to some covert arrangements...

In general civilizing the planet is go.

Done!
Samantha has prize money payed out to the various parties and has the Jumpers hauled in to be gone over and put into service with the TCN.

The Invaders and Merchants are being tagged for a Logistics unit, meant to move large quantities of material.

The two Tramps get tapped to provide Jumpship support for a new Regiment Samantha plans on working up.

Revy would like to keep several on hand (since she technically captured them too) as transports for her newly expanded group of raiders. Who will need to have long range striking abilities.

Samantha invites Natasha down for a chat.

She arrives looking kinda super pissed and more than a little frazzled.
In the mean time she has a few documents written up only to be unsealed upon her death. Letters in question are one time pad encrypted to Hanse, and Duncan Marik, with an open letter to Comstar

Samantha lays out what she knows of BT's future history right up to the Jihad with Hanse
Duncan gets much of the same, along with detailed instructions on how to get to Helm

Comstar gets a flat message of: The SLDF in Exile's capital is 31.17:1,754.07 using the standard X,Y grid and named Strana Mechty. The so called Clans of Kerensky are debating how to invade the Inner Sphere as we speak, they will attack. Apart from even more advanced weaponry and improved gear (mostly lighter, less bulky and improved range) the Clans number at least 200 Warships.

Their goal is to conquer Terra and re-establish the Star League with force.

Note Samantha has these prepared as her contingencies, left waiting off planet. She'll destroy them if the meeting goes well.

Timebomb is set.

When Natasha does arrive Samantha has her hauled into the Farday cage room, lets her set up any jammers Natasha wishes then speaks.

"Did you really think Nicoletta Calderon would really let General Kerensky vanish into the Deep Periphery without attempting to keep track of his forces?" Samantha inquires. "So tell me given I'm sparse on details what exactly happened that the SLDF in Exile decided to group up into Lions, Tigers and Bears?"

"How the hell do you know this?" Natasha demands.

Money well spent!

Edgar gets sounded out, whats his age and interests? (he's literally a blank page on the Sarna wiki)

He's 22. He enjoys long walks on the beach. He's a Virgo.

Seriously, he's a FWL patriot who's very much interested in expanded trade and arranging an alliance with the focus of keeping an eye on the Confederation.

Serious but even tempted man. A little stiff

Good because Samantha's not quite ready to settle down yet but is also young active and still a bit in recovery.

Fair enough.

As much as dynastic games are fun she still doesn't have the bargining power both the Helm and New Dallas cores will give her. But that's 3025, not 3026 when her agents will hopefully be back.

Yep. Let me know when 3026 comes by so I can give you presents and enact Operation: Toxic Mega Cunt (Misako likes to use strange names. Makes people less likely to take it seriously should they hear about it. Strange logic that one.)

Production according to the Tier system is available for purchase on first come first served basis. Cash on the barrel head in C-Bills.

Would you be willing to make arrangements for credit?

Samantha casually notes that Chesteron and Tikonov Commonalty are both on Tier 1. Also how its a real shame that Hollis Industries isn't producing designs such the Catapult, Highlander and Battlemaster any more.

Yes. You can blame the FS and FWL for that. Why? You have something to discuss on the subject?

[dice]2336[/dice]

By Jove he wore protection

EVERYONE is shocked. His mother sends you a letter of thanks... she assumes that you had him "given a talking to" because the boy is very stubborn sometimes.
As of 3065, the Magna Metals Inc. Chief Executive Officer is a former FWL MechWarrior, Liz Shirman.[1] (for Magna)

New Vandenberg lists the Malvina's as the Planetary Lords, as with Lady Kelly O'Hanlon for Victoria.

A number however were noted characters who I gave sisters XD

Very clever. Thanks for explaining!

Samantha in between flirting with Lady Kelly inquires if she'd be open to exchange of academics between the Concordat's universities and Victoria's?

Of course. She lightly flirts back.

"If I wanted True Firepower I'd want to command a WarShip. However those battlewagons didn't bother reaching a decent clip. Speed and firepower is where its at" Samantha notes with a smile "Still Mech's are impressive, and I'm looking forward to seeing my Mechwarriors equipped with Zeus's from VMI's new line."

He snort/chuckles. "Yeah, but good luck getting one of those without a time machine. I'm looking forward to seeing you build the Zeus too. It's a solid soldier mech. Though I'd consider replacing the LRM. You might lose the punch plate, but the weapon is something of a hanger queen. And if you can get it to work with a PPC in place of the AC there's a standing bounty that Defiance has put out."

Anyways, I'm assuming its late in the year so you get a new arrival and some news.

I'll need to be caught up on some of your stuff but the Helm mission has located the Castle Brian and the New Dallas mission just arrived home.

They have a TH Memory core and their dropships are loaded with equipment to the point that they're actually loaded beyond rated capacity.

They found 7 regiments of mechs (2 of which are primitives) and 9 regiments of armor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back