• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(19) 3031
They pretty much take over to be honest.
That's fine by Alejandro, he wouldn't have any idea what to address, or how to address it right now anyway.

Your military training will help. Though it's suggested you attend the Taurian École Militaire
Well, considering Alejandro's basic military training was just that, probably a good idea. Going to need to learn to do a lot more then being an Military Engineer. Alejandro get's himself enrolled at the first opportunity.

Seems to be a comedy of errors. Lax Air Space management procedures combined with poor maintenance and a 200 year old drop-ship being piloted by a rookie.
Well, if that's really what the intelligence points to, can't really argue against the TMI(or can I? They incompetent in this verse, or just underfunded?) Still, all things considered, it's still too suspicious considering what happened. So let's leave it open a little while longer just in case. Don't want people saying Alejandro shut it down, to prevent people from finding out he was responsible. Not that it would stop the crazies.

All the major movers and shakers to be honest.
Huh good to know. That would be Sharplen, the Head Farlooker, the heads of the TDF, TMI, Diplomatic corps, a couple of economists, politicians, and so on. Though the question is, Haji Doru, where is he?

Once Alejandro is settled in, see about standing down the TDF from their alert status, that is if the majority of the council agrees that the Davions are probably not going to attack. See about rearranging the TDF distribution to better hunt pirates. and defend against raiders.

Jack calderon, 3011
If it was that easy, everyone whould be trying it.
still not hearing a reason to not give it a try at least but if still no, see below.

well lets try working on this then, easiest system to remake i believe.

That would be very expensive.
I seem to have the extra money.

Then plan for it please.

Several thousand warheads, no current production.
Very good, and why not?

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (23), 3011
"Then perhaps you should consider marrying someone of proper stock and upbringing and allowing someone else... with the proper credentials... to rule the concordant for a generation."
"Quite irrelevant to my point, cousin. And since responsibility is not something I was raised to ignore, the last is quite unthinkable. The former part of your suggestion may have merit and I'll certainly consider it. Thank you for raising the point."

They're based off Rollis. So to be honest they wouldn't mind an outright capture.
That might be overly ambitious. However, shredding the raiding unit and its base is authorised.

"Technically" most are in the Inner Sphere. Technically.
True enough.

You're given a fantastically written speech that makes you seem like a wholesome font of down to earth wisdom and optimism.
Excellent.

No. That particular factory was hit during the Reunification War and was severely damaged. The same is true of a Wolverine line on Taurus.

The production toolings are in storage but many are damaged with several key components destroyed. Still, getting them up and running would be cheaper than new lines.
And probably faster too. Restoring those two lines is the priority among BattleMech projects.

Be expensive as hell.
Yes, I thought so. The first might be valuable for building up design expertise...

Throw them the right bone and they'll happily build a factory producing everything they have that uses an ICE engine except the Bulldog, due to licensing nonsense... and you have a feeling they'd be willing to "lose" a copy of the specs if you wanted to "reverse engineer" the design.

Might seem like shady business, but considering where Bulldog Industries is based (The Combine: Happy Home of the Patent Thieves) , fuck 'em.
The Quikscell approach looks best to me - Hetzer, Scorpion, LRM Carrier and SRM Carrier is an excellent broading of our capacity. What sort of bone are they looking for - tax breaks?
And yes, the Bulldog looks like a good choice if they can be convinced to 'lose' it.

Yep. They are. You're not exactly the OWA here.
Thunderbird, Chippewa, Seydlitz and Sabre as I understand it.
Options... I'm thinking that Duchess Catherine Humphries might be interested in bolstering her supply-lines independent of FWLM provision. If she were to be offered favourable terms there, might she be persuaded to allow the purchase of the designs of the F-90 Stingray? That would fit our needs admirably although we'd have to build a new factory.

On another note: the death of the other Calderons. Is the investigation turning up any evidence it was intentional rather than an accident?

That's fine by Alejandro, he wouldn't have any idea what to address, or how to address it right now anyway.

BTW, 2d6

Well, considering Alejandro's basic military training was just that, probably a good idea. Going to need to learn to do a lot more then being an Military Engineer. Alejandro get's himself enrolled at the first opportunity.

Which is pretty much the end of the day. :p

Well, if that's really what the intelligence points to, can't really argue against the TMI(or can I? They incompetent in this verse, or just underfunded?) Still, all things considered, it's still too suspicious considering what happened. So let's leave it open a little while longer just in case. Don't want people saying Alejandro shut it down, to prevent people from finding out he was responsible. Not that it would stop the crazies.

Mostly underfunded. Good counter intelligence but not the best at external operation.

Huh good to know. That would be Sharplen, the Head Farlooker, the heads of the TDF, TMI, Diplomatic corps, a couple of economists, politicians, and so on. Though the question is, Haji Doru, where is he?

Sharplen is a loud voice. Then there's the head of the TDF (and the head of the TCN), TMI, the head of the Taurian Guards, the head of the Ministry of Trade and Colonization, and several major corperate heads and other major nobles.

Once Alejandro is settled in, see about standing down the TDF from their alert status, that is if the majority of the council agrees that the Davions are probably not going to attack. See about rearranging the TDF distribution to better hunt pirates. and defend against raiders.

Howling from Sharplin and his quarter.

Jack calderon, 3011
still not hearing a reason to not give it a try at least but if still no, see below.

Because its an insanely expensive hole which money is thrown down never to be seen again, and if you get any fucking progress some other fucker will just blow it up because they don't want you to get an advantage.

well lets try working on this then, easiest system to remake i believe.

I seem to have the extra money.

Then plan for it please.

How about you plan for it and I tell you how it works. Because if you just dump this off on the GM here's how it goes...

"Everything goes well until it spontaneously explodes. Comstar had absolutely nothing to do with it. You have no off site backups because, you know, Battletech."

Very good, and why not?

Because you don't realistically need more and they're extremely expensive to manufacture and maintain.

"Quite irrelevant to my point, cousin. And since responsibility is not something I was raised to ignore, the last is quite unthinkable. The former part of your suggestion may have merit and I'll certainly consider it. Thank you for raising the point."

You can see gears grinding.

That might be overly ambitious. However, shredding the raiding unit and its base is authorised.

How large a force do you authorize?

Yep. It's like Democracy spontaneously dried up and died across the entire universe in a number of completely unrelated situations.

A lot of the nobility see you are a nieve hayseed but the people see you as "One of Us".

Hell, you do any teaching duties still on the side? Probably be good for the cameras at least.

And probably faster too. Restoring those two lines is the priority among BattleMech projects.

Meant to say First Succession War/Periphery rebellion there. But both are in rough shape. For both you either need to reverse engineer the parts you need or buy the molds from elsewhere.

The Wolverine line is the worst off of the two, but it's also the one you technically own. The reason is it was technically for the Taurian version of the Wolverine that was build using limited SLFD technology. So basically you not only have to repair the damaged parts, but retrofit the molds to use "modern" parts in some cases.

Yes, I thought so. The first might be valuable for building up design expertise...

Might be a good idea to start with reverse engineering the Toro... and Talos if you can somehow locate a copy (maybe a bounty?).

The Quikscell approach looks best to me - Hetzer, Scorpion, LRM Carrier and SRM Carrier is an excellent broading of our capacity. What sort of bone are they looking for - tax breaks?

Tax breaks and subsidies.

And yes, the Bulldog looks like a good choice if they can be convinced to 'lose' it.

Depends. You'd need to buy a couple first as cover, and how about those... subsidies... ;)

Thunderbird, Chippewa, Seydlitz and Sabre as I understand it.

You also build the Lightning.

Options... I'm thinking that Duchess Catherine Humphries might be interested in bolstering her supply-lines independent of FWLM provision. If she were to be offered favourable terms there, might she be persuaded to allow the purchase of the designs of the F-90 Stingray? That would fit our needs admirably although we'd have to build a new factory.

Maybe. What offer do you intend to make?

On another note: the death of the other Calderons. Is the investigation turning up any evidence it was intentional rather than an accident?

Either it was a comedy of errors or the most convoluted assassination in the history of space.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You can see gears grinding.
Possibly her teeth too.
There's really no way around the fact people are going to march men past Kaede and it's now her duty to pick one.

How large a force do you authorize?
Two 'Mech regiments.

Yep. It's like Democracy spontaneously dried up and died across the entire universe in a number of completely unrelated situations.
You mean the abject corruption and uselessness of the democracy that theoretically ruled everyone, back in the 3200s? Kaede can teach a class on that.

A lot of the nobility see you are a nieve hayseed but the people see you as "One of Us".

Hell, you do any teaching duties still on the side? Probably be good for the cameras at least.
I might drop in as a substitute teacher in schools if I'm in the area. I doubt my duties allow regular teaching.

Meant to say First Succession War/Periphery rebellion there. But both are in rough shape. For both you either need to reverse engineer the parts you need or buy the molds from elsewhere.

The Wolverine line is the worst off of the two, but it's also the one you technically own. The reason is it was technically for the Taurian version of the Wolverine that was build using limited SLFD technology. So basically you not only have to repair the damaged parts, but retrofit the molds to use "modern" parts in some cases.
Let's go with reverse engineering the parts - it builds up useful expertise so it's more pay off for the investment. Both 'Mechs - between them they cover most of what we probably need in the medium 'Mech line.
In the meantime, see about getting the component production up and running - there's surely a market for 'Mech parts.

Might be a good idea to start with reverse engineering the Toro... and Talos if you can somehow locate a copy (maybe a bounty?).
I'm more inclined to leave them to their glorious past. We need to be practical. The Toro and Talos aren't even compatible with our current parts (not having been part of the SLDF standardisations). If we're ever in position to develop our own designs then MkII models may be feasible.

Tax breaks and subsidies.

Depends. You'd need to buy a couple first as cover, and how about those... subsidies... ;)
Let's say I'd be willing generously subsidise factories for the Hetzer, Scorpion, LRM and SRM Carriers. And if they're willing to 'lose' Bulldog specs then I'm willing to arrange tax breaks. In the meantime arrange to buy half-a-dozen Bulldogs.

You also build the Lightning.
Hmm. That fills part of the gap.

Maybe. What offer do you intend to make?
To benefit the duchess, half the tax on exports of military hardware to Andurien. And then offer cash to Andurien Aerotech for the design.

Either it was a comedy of errors or the most convoluted assassination in the history of space.
That's quite a high bar to meet. Keep looking to make sure.

I'm also drilling my sister on this.

She's rapidly picking up a Samantha City accent in a rather scary manner, oh and Taurian French, Spanish more than a few curses in Yiddish that sent your aunt to cleaning her mouth out with soap. The less said of that incident the better, but her status as a polygolt is noted and being encouraged.

Robinson on the the Draconis March on the other hand I'm sure has wonderful credit and being hundreds of light years removed is no threat to the Taurian Concordant, and in fact would probably be willing to swear an agreement of friendship as a discouragement to any adventurism on the behalf of the big mean First Prince (I snort at the idea: Hanse Davion is probably the only man who hates the Combine more than I do, but public perception is 2/3 of reality.).

In fact they'd also probably be willing to enter a joint industrial development program... Robinson itself is still recovering from the 1st Succession war industrially and would probably happily pay for aid in getting their industrial capability back on par with the other march capitols. And the Taurians are experts in working with a little to get a lot.

Robinson does in fact have very good Credit. Not to mention the Duke of Robinson would very much like to produce Mechs & ASF from a company he personally owns. However Aaron Sandoval was classy enough to mention that he wouldn't even begin discussing business until you had settled into your role.

Practically speaking however you currently own half of TTI's shares and control 70% of the votes, with 20% ownership of VMI added on to that. Both companies will listen very carefully to what you say.

A love I'm sure First Prince Hanse shares.

Not enough bacon, plus he isn't the biggest fan of fried banana.

"I'm the one supposed to be ruling the place. My work load is twice yours..."

Miriam gives you a stink eye for bringing logic into an argument before returning back to her assignments. While a fairly drastic change both of you are used to the more rarefied circles of the Draconis March, Miriam in particular has exchanged a number of letters with Jessica Sandoval whose been something of a mentor for your sister. A few of letters may or may not have included subjects such as 'keeping gold diggers out of older brothers beds' 'pains of dealing with security details' and other helpful bits of advice.

He nods. "Yeah. I know."

Speaking of your current Head of Security (at least the body guards) is Colonel Henry B Phellam, a lean fellow in his mid forties whose rather polite and soft spoken but is eagle eyed and always tense. Have you worked out arrangements for all the no doubt multiple young ladies who be coming to met the young new and most importantly single Protector?

I'll be sure to visit him and smuggle him writing material. I have a strange feeling that the initial period of madness is probably when they create their best ideas.

Which is why the patients are given large white boards that get videotaped the instant a patient starts writing on them. Apart from helping them slowly get around the bend it also provides fodder for at least thirty years of academic work if not more.

I'm willing to have it so people with degrees in KF physics can call such subsistence medicinal...

The KF physics department has a handy electronic file about the issue, if LSD (perfectly legal if controlled) is about 20 Proof, the drugs said Physicists took were about 200 Proof and have a perfectly horrible track record of killing 1 in 3 users per go and of the survivors 2/3s are rendered into vegetables. When the drugs in question work, they work very, very well.

Yeah. I dislike the Liao's plenty.

Ayala just gives you a quick hug in responce.

Candace maybe though she's 10 years older than me. Romano on the other hand, I've heard the stories and you don't stick your dick in crazy.

More importantly they're both Liao's. Its been over five hundred years since a top level marriage between Calderons and Liaos has taken place and there is a great deal of reluctance in repeating the experience.

Come on, not even a shot of schnapps in it?

Another twenty reports are landed on your desk in response.

I see. Have the owners fined to the full extent of the law and if possible charged with negligent homocide for everyone who died, noble and common alike.

SS BROB was an Owner Operated deal, most likely the Owner and his family were wiped out in the accident as well.

Oh yes. I'm finishing my education for sure.

Speaking of: Which describes your character ??? Calderon better

I make my Whammy dance through a forest

I can nail a dime well over a kilometer away

Samantha Calderon
And you don't have a surprise!

Not that Samantha minds either way, she's going to need a heir sooner or later.

Alright. He was guessing that you were sending him to blow smoke up the Snake's asses and get him out of the way. Though he's a little disappointed he's not getting a trade delegation.

The instant Sam send the FedSuns a trade delegation one to the CapCon will have to be sent as well a task she isn't looking forward too.

The issue is the cost of setting up heavy tank lines. Fusion engines factories are insanely expensive.

Both the Ontos[url] and the [url=http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bulldog]Bulldog are ICE tanks. However since the Ontos is designed by Grumman an Andurien company Sam can always see about contacting them instead of Quickcell. Hopefully permission can be sought to contact Bulldog Enterprises as well for the license to their tank.

They're a cheap shitty little swarm tank that's useful in numbers. Kinda like a scorpion but faster and shorter ranged.

Inquires are to be made if setting up a military factory, even one for crappy little tanks will be plausible on the planet of Hellespont.

Off site backups of the data are to be made daily. Also a media push on the idea that this is boring restoration work will be made.

Going from the cached systems and technical documents the Calderon's stored away years and years ago Sam wants a rough ball park on how long it would take to get a production line up and running for the following.

A couple years and probably half-a billion c-bills.

At least a decade and several billion c-bills

Around 5 years and at least a billion c-bills

All not counting attempts to blow up the faculties.

Ouch, decade for Naval Lasers. In any case no real need to rush on these yet, still good to know what timelines will look like.

Sounds good to them... though if they're going to build a factory there then they want at least a Battlemech Battalion stationed to be planet. Right now there is no fixed mech formation on the planet, just the noble regiments, and they're not exactly comfortable with that.

At this point a posting at Galeta is made for a Mercenary outfit that has at least a Battalion of Mechs for a Garrison duty contract of no less than five years. Incentives in the form of military supplies alongside a bonded guarantee for replacing Mechs destroyed in raids will be made with the bonus of purchasing new mechs from Taurian factories.

Great! And they'd like to learn lessons from your SASF forces.
Done.

Roll a d100

And there's almost a riot.

Once you get the yards up and running again.

The TDF likes.

Of which there have not been many. The major colonization boom of the 3030s-40s hasn't happened yet.

That... will be hard.

Alright. Lets back up a little.

This is 3025 not 3055. Right now the hug tax breaks and the like aren't around yet. It's a popular philosophy but the massive uncontrolled colonization boom you're bitching about hasn't happened yet and won't for another decade.

At this point you're literally just pissing people off.

OOC: Pyscho my reading of the issue is that Zarantha round about 3000 or so tossed major tax breaks the Farlookers way. A whole pile of new worlds were colonized leading to places like Celano, Hellespont, Regis Roost, Cadiz etc get colonized in a very hit or miss fashion. Thomas Calderon keeps up said tax breaks but the Far Lookers quickly become concerned that he's going to nix them after the 4th Succession War, which he did so in 3035.

3000-3035 TC funds colonization via Tax breaks. 3040 a number of colonies start becoming viable enough to be placed on the maps.

What I'm trying to convey is that Sam wants to put the brakes on any further expansion, the Farlookers and the TC have a catalogue of about twenty or so new colonies on the go at the moment. Goal is to shift to a program of Industrial development a program that covers already founded colonies.[/url]

Possibly her teeth too.
There's really no way around the fact people are going to march men past Kaede and it's now her duty to pick one.

Yep. This woman's a bitch.

Two 'Mech regiments.

You do realize that's 1/12th the Taurian military and would take a rather large starlift effort. Plus it would be large enough to actually TAKE the planet.

You mean the abject corruption and uselessness of the democracy that theoretically ruled everyone, back in the 3200s? Kaede can teach a class on that.

It was so corrupt that it turned into the current system. :p

I might drop in as a substitute teacher in schools if I'm in the area. I doubt my duties allow regular teaching.

Semi-regular. It's good for the cameras and media and you're whole ONE OF US image!

Let's go with reverse engineering the parts - it builds up useful expertise so it's more pay off for the investment. Both 'Mechs - between them they cover most of what we probably need in the medium 'Mech line.

Done!

In the meantime, see about getting the component production up and running - there's surely a market for 'Mech parts.

Good idea. They'll break them out immediately and it'll work well with your military exports

I'm more inclined to leave them to their glorious past. We need to be practical. The Toro and Talos aren't even compatible with our current parts (not having been part of the SLDF standardisations). If we're ever in position to develop our own designs then MkII models may be feasible.

SLDF standardization? *snort*chuckle*laugh* Sorry.

Let's say I'd be willing generously subsidise factories for the Hetzer, Scorpion, LRM and SRM Carriers. And if they're willing to 'lose' Bulldog specs then I'm willing to arrange tax breaks. In the meantime arrange to buy half-a-dozen Bulldogs.

And one of your engineers finds a memory stick sitting in a cupholder... along with half the tacks throttle assembly. Because you know, Quickschell

Hmm. That fills part of the gap.

Yep. And if you need to you can always create a sub-model.

To benefit the duchess, half the tax on exports of military hardware to Andurien. And then offer cash to Andurien Aerotech for the design.

For how long? And how much?

That's quite a high bar to meet. Keep looking to make sure.

Done

She's rapidly picking up a Samantha City accent in a rather scary manner, oh and Taurian French, Spanish more than a few curses in Yiddish that sent your aunt to cleaning her mouth out with soap. The less said of that incident the better, but her status as a polygolt is noted and being encouraged.

"Well, sis, you being able to speak a dozen languages will make you much easier to marry off..."

*dodges thrown objects* "I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Though it'll make you a demon in the diplomatic corps."

Robinson does in fact have very good Credit. Not to mention the Duke of Robinson would very much like to produce Mechs & ASF from a company he personally owns. However Aaron Sandoval was classy enough to mention that he wouldn't even begin discussing business until you had settled into your role.

Alright. And I'll happily arrange industrial assistance in exchange for money and political aid.

Practically speaking however you currently own half of TTI's shares and control 70% of the votes, with 20% ownership of VMI added on to that. Both companies will listen very carefully to what you say.

Great. Because I have some ideas.

1) I've heard of things called Mech 'Mortars that were used during the SL Era and before that don't sound very complicated. Just a reloadable mortar. Would be great for tactical fire support.

2) Older Terran Alliance fighters mounted one shot rocket packs as part of their loadout. Sounds like nothing more than just a bunch of infantry LAWs fired as a one shot tube array similar to a modern LRM or SRM. The hell can't we build something similar?

3) If we can build a one shot LAW firing "Rocket Launcher" why can't we make a re-loadable version? Some kind of Medium Range Missile Launcher?

4) From what I've read, the reason we use lots of micro-missiles in our systems is because of the insane number of AMS systems in use in the 24th century and the like. I haven't head of a one in use over the past 200 years. So why not make a system that fires one BIG missile at a time rather than half a dozen little ones?

5) Auto-cannons are cool (though not as cool as PPCs). Missiles are also cool (but again, not as cool as PPCs). They both also have lots of room in their shells for added functionality. Why not develop a line of exotic ammo? Lets see what we can come up with that might be useful.

6) Speaking of the awesome that is the PPC would it be possible to design a refitted version that sacrifices range for up-close effectiveness? Or even just develop a bigger and smaller version with different damage levels? We have 3 classes of laser after all...

7) When they were still alive, my dad bough a fuel cell powered car. He used to gloat about how much lighter, faster, and more efficient it was than most ICE engines. Why can't we put those in tanks?

8) When I was a kid I saw something on WiGE cargo transports. I also found out at school that the Air-mech mode of a LAM is basically a WiGE flying Battlemech. Would it be possible to use the technology to build something like a flying tank?

Not enough bacon, plus he isn't the biggest fan of fried banana.

A man after my own (clogged) heart.

Miriam gives you a stink eye for bringing logic into an argument before returning back to her assignments. While a fairly drastic change both of you are used to the more rarefied circles of the Draconis March, Miriam in particular has exchanged a number of letters with Jessica Sandoval whose been something of a mentor for your sister. A few of letters may or may not have included subjects such as 'keeping gold diggers out of older brothers beds' 'pains of dealing with security details' and other helpful bits of advice.

She's going to cock block me at every opportunity isn't she?

Speaking of your current Head of Security (at least the body guards) is Colonel Henry B Phellam, a lean fellow in his mid forties whose rather polite and soft spoken but is eagle eyed and always tense. Have you worked out arrangements for all the no doubt multiple young ladies who be coming to met the young new and most importantly single Protector?

Not yet. Frankly I'm just hoping I can live long enough to earn people's trust.

So what should I do?

Which is why the patients are given large white boards that get videotaped the instant a patient starts writing on them. Apart from helping them slowly get around the bend it also provides fodder for at least thirty years of academic work if not more.

Nice. I'll make sure to talk to him about some of my own insane ideas.

Always liked KF science. Read a couple books on it once as a kid. My aunt took them away after the cackling began.

The KF physics department has a handy electronic file about the issue, if LSD (perfectly legal if controlled) is about 20 Proof, the drugs said Physicists took were about 200 Proof and have a perfectly horrible track record of killing 1 in 3 users per go and of the survivors 2/3s are rendered into vegetables. When the drugs in question work, they work very, very well.

Portion control then.

Ayala just gives you a quick hug in responce.

And gets one back.

More importantly they're both Liao's. Its been over five hundred years since a top level marriage between Calderons and Liaos has taken place and there is a great deal of reluctance in repeating the experience.

Again. Never put your penis inside of Crazy.

Another twenty reports are landed on your desk in response.

"Make that a double pain killer..."

SS BROB was an Owner Operated deal, most likely the Owner and his family were wiped out in the accident as well.

I find myself less than sympathetic for their plight.

Speaking of: Which describes your character ??? Calderon better

Samuel Calderon

I make my Whammy dance through a forest

I can nail a dime well over a kilometer away

Dime. Because while he's a decent pilot, if he wanted to dance around like a ballerina he'd be in a light mech, not a zombiemech heavy with 2 PPCs and 20 heat sinks.

Samantha Calderon

Not that Samantha minds either way, she's going to need a heir sooner or later.

Alright. Though might be best to seek an advantageous marrage.

The instant Sam send the FedSuns a trade delegation one to the CapCon will have to be sent as well a task she isn't looking forward too.

How about he sends one instead then?

Both the Ontos and the Bulldog are ICE tanks. However since the Ontos is designed by Grumman an Andurien company Sam can always see about contacting them instead of Quickcell. Hopefully permission can be sought to contact Bulldog Enterprises as well for the license to their tank.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is there currently isn't a manufacturer of LRM/SRM Carriers in the Concordant.

As for the Bulldog, remember, Bulldog Industries is a combine based interest. They tend to view other peoples contracts as immaterial and as such tend to steal from anyone and everyone (quickschell is rather annoyed about the Sasori Light Tank which the combine courts have recently deemed an original design and totally not a carbon copy) and in the spirit of this, while they can't manufacture them for you, they can sell you a number to reverse engineer, and if a complete copy of the design specs happens to be sitting inside one, well, someone in the assembly team will need a good strong talking to.

Though if they were to do that they'd need a local assembly plant with some nice subsidies and tax breaks...

Inquires are to be made if setting up a military factory, even one for crappy little tanks will be plausible on the planet of Hellespont.

Currently an unrecognized Far Seeker colony with a population of less than 100,000 people...
Off site backups of the data are to be made daily. Also a media push on the idea that this is boring restoration work will be made.

But don't off site backups make the information easier to steal? (need some lame excuse for that level of derp)

*sigh* Yes ma'am...

Ouch, decade for Naval Lasers. In any case no real need to rush on these yet, still good to know what timelines will look like.

If you were working with a larger state with a larger pocketbook and a bigger research base it would go faster.

Keep in mind you're basically recreating them based on badly fragmented records. The only reason you can even TRY is you have the TCS Vandenburg hidden away and you can take a part a couple of her damaged weapons.

At this point a posting at Galeta is made for a Mercenary outfit that has at least a Battalion of Mechs for a Garrison duty contract of no less than five years. Incentives in the form of military supplies alongside a bonded guarantee for replacing Mechs destroyed in raids will be made with the bonus of purchasing new mechs from Taurian factories.

Any settlement rights and what's the stance on salvage?

Done.

Pyscho my reading of the issue is that Zarantha round about 3000 or so tossed major tax breaks the Farlookers way. A whole pile of new worlds were colonized leading to places like Celano, Hellespont, Regis Roost, Cadiz etc get colonized in a very hit or miss fashion. Thomas Calderon keeps up said tax breaks but the Far Lookers quickly become concerned that he's going to nix them after the 4th Succession War, which he did so in 3035.

3000-3035 TC funds colonization via Tax breaks. 3040 a number of colonies start becoming viable enough to be placed on the maps.

What I'm trying to convey is that Sam wants to put the brakes on any further expansion, the Farlookers and the TC have a catalogue of about twenty or so new colonies on the go at the moment. Goal is to shift to a program of Industrial development a program that covers already founded colonies.

Ah. alright. I didn't read that bit. My mistake. My apologies.

Though going back to that, when you first present the plan you're encouraged to rethink it. Not the objective, but the approach. The Far Lookers are a sensitive and popular group. Nixing their efforts would piss a lot of people off. But forcing them to, say, be more conservative is a good idea.

Maybe rules on the worlds they can colonize? Basically it's suggested that a 30LY rule be written. Right now they're spread out. How about new colonies have to be within basically the expanded sphere of Taurian space within 30 LY of an existing colony. Several of these colonies are more than a single, some more than 2 jumps from their closest neighbor which is very dangerous.

[dice]1772[/dice]
Two Sixs.
Which is pretty much the end of the day. :p

Mostly underfunded. Good counter intelligence but not the best at external operation.
OOC; Marking both of those down as things to be corrected.

Sharplen is a loud voice. Then there's the head of the TDF (and the head of the TCN), TMI, the head of the Taurian Guards, the head of the Ministry of Trade and Colonization, and several major corperate heads and other major nobles.
Good to know.

Howling from Sharplin and his quarter.
Unless they have actual physical proof that the Davions are at this moment remanueving their entirety of their military arm to supply the necessary forces to conquer the Concordat, while still being capable of protecting their current holdings, I'm afraid that Alejandro is going to have to insist.

Yep. This woman's a bitch.
And will be dealt with accordingly.

Make sure I have a social schedule with plenty of events where members of the nobility and other leading figures have a chance to meet me. Which probably means at least one formal reception and dinner a week with invites to make sure people from outside the Hyades have the chance to attend.

You do realize that's 1/12th the Taurian military and would take a rather large starlift effort. Plus it would be large enough to actually TAKE the planet.
I'm not talking about sending the conventional troops necessary to actually secure the planet.

As for 1/12th the military, yes, but numbers help a great deal and it would be very very embarrassing if the first military action of my reign was a defeat. If the defenders are likely to be less than a battalion of 'Mechs then a (Taurian-sized) single regiment should be enough though.

It was so corrupt that it turned into the current system. :p
It was so corrupt that the current system was seen as preferable.

Semi-regular. It's good for the cameras and media and you're whole ONE OF US image!
Great.

Good idea. They'll break them out immediately and it'll work well with your military exports
Splendid.

SLDF standardization? *snort*chuckle*laugh* Sorry.
That was actually a thing. Military components are still build to SLDF standards because they dominated military purchasing so much back in the day. Granted there are variations but things like coolant piping, electrical wires and myomers - basic components - are generally made to work together.

We could ditch those standards domestically, but we can't do so for our exports and maintaining two standards would be costly so in practical terms we're stuck with them.

And one of your engineers finds a memory stick sitting in a cupholder... along with half the tacks throttle assembly. Because you know, Quickschell
I'll follow through on my side of the bargain then.

Yep. And if you need to you can always create a sub-model.
True. If the Stingray deal falls through, a modified Lightning is the fallback plan.

For how long? And how much?
(Without hard numbers for my actual finances that's hard to say exactly).
I'll discuss with my advisors how much to offer Andurien Aerotech. I imagine it'd be looking at billions but I need this checked by experts.
The tax break would be for ten years, possibly extendable if trade's picked up to the point it looks worthwhile or if something else is on the table.

Last edited:

And will be dealt with accordingly.

Make sure I have a social schedule with plenty of events where members of the nobility and other leading figures have a chance to meet me. Which probably means at least one formal reception and dinner a week with invites to make sure people from outside the Hyades have the chance to attend.

Give me a basic list of people who are either notables in the standard universe or simply positions you want to see. I need to make up some folk.

I'm not talking about sending the conventional troops necessary to actually secure the planet.

As for 1/12th the military, yes, but numbers help a great deal and it would be very very embarrassing if the first military action of my reign was a defeat. If the defenders are likely to be less than a battalion of 'Mechs then a (Taurian-sized) single regiment should be enough though.

It's mostly a light/medium raiding battalion. Maybe two.

It was so corrupt that the current system was seen as preferable.

If you say so

Take a couple months to get them up another year or so to get them going with the full mechs. But it should offset some of the cost of reverse engineering.

That was actually a thing. Military components are still build to SLDF standards because they dominated military purchasing so much back in the day. Granted there are variations but things like coolant piping, electrical wires and myomers - basic components - are generally made to work together.

We could ditch those standards domestically, but we can't do so for our exports and maintaining two standards would be costly so in practical terms we're stuck with them.

Or you could order the designs retrofitted to use SL standard parts. No need to produce EXACT copies.

I'll follow through on my side of the bargain then.

Where do you want the factory built?

And on a side note, one of your people comments that you assign inspectors to make sure the Taurian Quickschell factories don't turn out the same half-functional bullshit they like to drop onto the rest of humanity. The Concordant has a reputation to keep.

True. If the Stingray deal falls through, a modified Lightning is the fallback plan.

Alright.

(Without hard numbers for my actual finances that's hard to say exactly).

Those are very hard to give due to FASAnomics.

I'll discuss with my advisors how much to offer Andurien Aerotech. I imagine it'd be looking at billions but I need this checked by experts.
The tax break would be for ten years, possibly extendable if trade's picked up to the point it looks worthwhile or if something else is on the table.

It'll be a lot that's for sure, but you can try and negotiate under the going rate.

Wanna roll for your team's success?

Give me a basic list of people who are either notables in the standard universe or simply positions you want to see. I need to make up some folk.
Members of the Privy Council, heads of the Concordat Courts, World lords, major academic figures, industrial leaders, foreign ambassadors.

It's mostly a light/medium raiding battalion. Maybe two.
One 'Mech regiment then.

a couple months to get them up another year or so to get them going with the full 'Mechs. But it should offset some of the cost of reverse engineering.
That sounds excellent.

Or you could order the designs retrofitted to use SL standard parts. No need to produce EXACT copies.
In which case we may as well improve upon them in other ways. 'Mech design has come quite a way in the last five hundred years. (And unfortunately for the two designs, the Wolverine and Griffin between them are more than adequate as alternatives).

Where do you want the factory built?

And on a side note, one of your people comments that you assign inspectors to make sure the Taurian Quickschell factories don't turn out the same half-functional bullshit they like to drop onto the rest of humanity. The Concordant has a reputation to keep.
New Vandenberg. And yes, make sure that inspectors are set up to do that for Quikscell and our other military providers too.

Those are very hard to give due to FASAnomics.
Precisely.

It'll be a lot that's for sure, but you can try and negotiate under the going rate.

Wanna roll for your team's success?
What dice should I roll for you?

Members of the Privy Council, heads of the Concordat Courts, World lords, major academic figures, industrial leaders, foreign ambassadors.

Alright. Gimme a little time to make a list. Where would you like to start?

One 'Mech regiment then.

Any particular regiment?

That sounds excellent.

Goodie

In which case we may as well improve upon them in other ways. 'Mech design has come quite a way in the last five hundred years. (And unfortunately for the two designs, the Wolverine and Griffin between them are more than adequate as alternatives).

Um, for the record, both the Wolverine and Griffin are 500 year old designs and the models you're going to be producing are, except for some of the same SLDF standardization modifications, pretty much the same mechs that were build in the 26th century during the build up to the Reunification War... :p

And the Griffin actually has a primitive version.

New Vandenberg. And yes, make sure that inspectors are set up to do that for Quikscell and our other military providers too.

Quikscell is a bit put off by that, but considering you've all but given them a proverbial handjob they forgive you ;)

What dice should I roll for you?

This is battletech... 2d6 :p

And it turns out I was wrong about the subsidies to the Far Lookers. How you want that handled again?

Alright. Gimme a little time to make a list. Where would you like to start?
Going to be mixing and matching, but logically the Hyades based ones first.

Any particular regiment?
Let's go with one of the regiments in the Taurian Guards Corps. Concordat Commandos.

Um, for the record, both the Wolverine and Griffin are 500 year old designs and the models you're going to be producing are, except for some of the same SLDF standardization modifications, pretty much the same mechs that were build in the 26th century during the build up to the Reunification War... :p

And the Griffin actually has a primitive version.
And they're both as fast as the Toro and as tough as the Talos. Not far less firepower.

Quikscell is a bit put off by that, but considering you've all but given them a proverbial handjob they forgive you ;)
And this is why I introduced it for _all_

This is battletech... 2d6 :p
[dice]1779[/dice]

And it turns out I was wrong about the subsidies to the Far Lookers. How you want that handled again?
As long as it's legitimate I'll let it go for now although I'll remind them there are a lot of pirates out there and overstretching our defenses to the point a new colony gets massacred would badly damage their cause so let's not have that happen.
It's probably not a good time to alienate their supporters.

"Well, sis, you being able to speak a dozen languages will make you much easier to marry off..."

*dodges thrown objects* "I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Though it'll make you a demon in the diplomatic corps."

"Damn right," Miriam fires back before muttering something in a language neither you nor your aunt recognize.

Alright. And I'll happily arrange industrial assistance in exchange for money and political aid.

A package can be pulled together, however when word of this reaches TTI's board you start hearing mutterings about NorseStorms Wolverine line. It seems TTI has remains of the tooling for Wolverine line but need access to another companies tooling.

Great. Because I have some ideas.

1) I've heard of things called Mech 'Mortars that were used during the SL Era and before that don't sound very complicated. Just a reloadable mortar. Would be great for tactical fire support.
2) Older Terran Alliance fighters mounted one shot rocket packs as part of their loadout. Sounds like nothing more than just a bunch of infantry LAWs fired as a one shot tube array similar to a modern LRM or SRM. The hell can't we build something similar?
3) If we can build a one shot LAW firing "Rocket Launcher" why can't we make a re-loadable version? Some kind of Medium Range Missile Launcher?
4) From what I've read, the reason we use lots of micro-missiles in our systems is because of the insane number of AMS systems in use in the 24th century and the like. I haven't head of a one in use over the past 200 years. So why not make a system that fires one BIG missile at a time rather than half a dozen little ones?
5) Auto-cannons are cool (though not as cool as PPCs). Missiles are also cool (but again, not as cool as PPCs). They both also have lots of room in their shells for added functionality. Why not develop a line of exotic ammo? Lets see what we can come up with that might be useful.
6) Speaking of the awesome that is the PPC would it be possible to design a refitted version that sacrifices range for up-close effectiveness? Or even just develop a bigger and smaller version with different damage levels? We have 3 classes of laser after all...
7) When they were still alive, my dad bough a fuel cell powered car. He used to gloat about how much lighter, faster, and more efficient it was than most ICE engines. Why can't we put those in tanks?
8) When I was a kid I saw something on WiGE cargo transports. I also found out at school that the Air-mech mode of a LAM is basically a WiGE flying Battlemech. Would it be possible to use the technology to build something like a flying tank?

1) After a month and half of archive diving TTI Engineers come up with enough of the specs to start developing Mech Mortars, and plan on knocking up several different prototypes. Expect deliver of a working device in March 3026 to the TDF
2) Roll 3d6 for months it takes to get TDF engineers to deliver a prototype
3) A budget request for 500 Million is forwarded
4) You receive a hurried briefing on a SLDF Cache site found on Celano; Apart from the basic Maultier already getting put into production the TDF has found sufficient quantities of Streak SRM2, FerroFiberous (and Aluminum), Arrow IV, the Beagle Active Probe and Guardian ECM system. Oh and enough Banshee's to form two companies. The latter are currently being refurbished and earmarked for use by the Taurian Guard, however pulling two or three for breaking down to develop a line is possible.
Cost wise Ferro-Fiberous and Arrow IV will be the cheapest to R&D, with work on Ferro-Fiberous already underway
5) Certain ideas start running around in heads, expect an answer in October
6) A formal budget request to set up a Projected Particle Research Group crosses your desk at a cool $2 Billion in seed funding, attached to a sticky note is a promise that PPCs started as off as big, very big
7) Apart from the waling and nashing of teeth and pulling of hair from the Quartermasters; the biggest manufacture of Fuel Cell engines is a relatively tiny factory so availability of supply and lobbying for using them has been none existent. The TDF however is willing to order a few Fuel Cell systems to try out and determine what the pluses and minuses are.
8) 750 million and about five years to really develop the expertise to start thinking about designing a military application.

She's going to cock block me at every opportunity isn't she?

Gate keep you, Miriam after all will have to potentially live with this person as her new in-law after all.

Not yet. Frankly I'm just hoping I can live long enough to earn people's trust.

So what should I do?

Henry politely suggests that you listen to the security team on who has been pre-cleared for unsupervised time alone with you and who hasn't. If you are at a party and there's young man, woman, or any other combination that you'd like to copulate with and they aren't pre cleared, do arrange a second meeting or get used to having body guards in the same room.

More practically he also has the list of Courtesans who are both a) horribly expensive b) extremely good at their job c) pre-cleared by Security

Nice. I'll make sure to talk to him about some of my own insane ideas.

Always liked KF science. Read a couple books on it once as a kid. My aunt took them away after the cackling began.

Mercury V Calderon awaits your arrival.

Portion control then.

Sadly the weakened versions while still a hell of a trip aren't enough to properly blow their mind enough to really get KF physics,

"Make that a double pain killer..."
Those you do get slipped.

I find myself less than sympathetic for their plight.

But poor Sid Bunny Rob, Sally Vine Rob, and their relatives Ted Freddy Florence were blown apart as well. No sympathy really.

Samuel Calderon

Dime. Because while he's a decent pilot, if he wanted to dance around like a ballerina he'd be in a light mech, not a zombiemech heavy with 2 PPCs and 20 heat sinks.
[/quote]

In Battle tech Terms Samuel is a 1/4 Mechwarrior.

Going to be mixing and matching, but logically the Hyades based ones first.

Right. Need to read up a little. Next reply.

Let's go with one of the regiments in the Taurian Guards Corps. Concordat Commandos.

That would be the command of one Col Morton Grenadine. Good officer, good soldiers.

And they're both as fast as the Toro and as tough as the Talos. Not far less firepower.

*shrug*

And this is why I introduced it for _all_

The other reason they forgive you.

Be glad I normally use Lower is better...

You not only get the design for a extremely low price, but an offer of a military alliance and a marriage proposal.

As long as it's legitimate I'll let it go for now although I'll remind them there are a lot of pirates out there and overstretching our defenses to the point a new colony gets massacred would badly damage their cause so let's not have that happen.
It's probably not a good time to alienate their supporters.

You could instill some limitations.

"Damn right," Miriam fires back before muttering something in a language neither you nor your aunt recognize.

"What was that?"

A package can be pulled together, however when word of this reaches TTI's board you start hearing mutterings about NorseStorms Wolverine line. It seems TTI has remains of the tooling for Wolverine line but need access to another companies tooling.

Could they reverse engineer an existing Wolverine? And do we have any other partial lines (like the Griffon I included in Drac's which you also have BTW)

Either way, I want any incomplete lines we have brought to functionality even if they can't build entire mechs. Being a spare parts merchant is still useful. Then I want us to look into getting the rest of the toolings either by reverse engineering or buying copies from someone who has them. Either way, I'd like to send feelers to most major manufacturers.

1) After a month and half of archive diving TTI Engineers come up with enough of the specs to start developing Mech Mortars, and plan on knocking up several different prototypes. Expect deliver of a working device in March 3026 to the TDF

Wonderful. I'd like a line of tactical artillery vehicles built as well as a number of upgrade kits. From what we can see, they use most of the same dimensions as the standard LRMs

2) Roll 3d6 for months it takes to get TDF engineers to deliver a prototype

Right.

3) A budget request for 500 Million is forwarded

Okay, before I commit to given amounts I need to know how major a blow this is, but if it's nothing major I'll do it.

Though for a relatively simple missile system this seems a bit extreme. It's not like I'm asking for MML, just MRMs (right now)

4) You receive a hurried briefing on a SLDF Cache site found on Celano; Apart from the basic Maultier already getting put into production the TDF has found sufficient quantities of Streak SRM2, FerroFiberous (and Aluminum), Arrow IV, the Beagle Active Probe and Guardian ECM system. Oh and enough Banshee's to form two companies. The latter are currently being refurbished and earmarked for use by the Taurian Guard, however pulling two or three for breaking down to develop a line is possible.
Cost wise Ferro-Fiberous and Arrow IV will be the cheapest to R&D, with work on Ferro-Fiberous already underway

Put these at the top of the priority list. Classify them top secret and I want weekly off site backups. Send nothing related to them via comstar.

In the meantime, I want a cover operation to build a system that fires tactical range missiles developed. Large warhead. Call it Project: Thunderbolt.

As for the Banshee, I'd like to see about a refit kit that would make it a more typical assault mech. I hear Defiance Industries is doing something similar.

5) Certain ideas start running around in heads, expect an answer in October

Okay.

6) A formal budget request to set up a Projected Particle Research Group crosses your desk at a cool $2 Billion in seed funding, attached to a sticky note is a promise that PPCs started as off as big, very big

They'll get it. Reluctantly.

My excuse for the rise in military spending is a stance of quality over quantity. We don't have as many troops or mechs as the Inner Sphere so we better have better.

7) Apart from the waling and nashing of teeth and pulling of hair from the Quartermasters; the biggest manufacture of Fuel Cell engines is a relatively tiny factory so availability of supply and lobbying for using them has been none existent. The TDF however is willing to order a few Fuel Cell systems to try out and determine what the pluses and minuses are.

Do it. Now. And start building a factory.

Fuel Cells run off of hydrogen and oxygen. All you need is a couple fusion powered supply trucks to crack any filthy water into the base elements and your unit is fueled. On top of that the only product created by a fuel cell is pure water, which can be recycled into fuel or drank.

And they're lighter than ICE engines, include a single heat sink, and don't need power amps to use energy weapons.

8) 750 million and about five years to really develop the expertise to start thinking about designing a military application.

Can I afford it?

Honestly, how many of these RD task can I farm out?

Though we are getting a little ahead of ourselves. I still need to RP my arival. I was just putting down part of my technological to-do list

Gate keep you, Miriam after all will have to potentially live with this person as her new in-law after all.

Alright.

Henry politely suggests that you listen to the security team on who has been pre-cleared for unsupervised time alone with you and who hasn't. If you are at a party and there's young man, woman, or any other combination that you'd like to copulate with and they aren't pre cleared, do arrange a second meeting or get used to having body guards in the same room.

Understood.

More practically he also has the list of Courtesans who are both a) horribly expensive b) extremely good at their job c) pre-cleared by Security

I make it a rule that, for the sake of myself respect, I do not pay for pussy.

Mercury V Calderon awaits your arrival.

Nice name

Lets wait until I'm back in system.

Sadly the weakened versions while still a hell of a trip aren't enough to properly blow their mind enough to really get KF physics,

Hm. LSD shouldn't be lethal in high quantities (it's really not). I want the seized supplies given a high level toxicology scan to make sure there is no tampering and hire a chemist to specifically supply them with the good shit.

Those you do get slipped.

YEAH!

But poor Sid Bunny Rob, Sally Vine Rob, and their relatives Ted Freddy Florence were blown apart as well. No sympathy really.

Heh.

In Battle tech Terms Samuel is a 1/4 Mechwarrior.

Okay pilot, but one hell of a gunner.

So, my arrival?
[dice]1780[/dice]

Right. Need to read up a little. Next reply.
That's fine, thanks.

That would be the command of one Col Morton Grenadine. Good officer, good soldiers.
Indeed. That should point Mr. Liao in the direction of his corner. And defeating the CCAF might look good in the eyes of George Hasek and Ian Davion.

We can certainly look at the Toro and Talos again later if there seems to be sufficient resources and need for them.

The other reason they forgive you.
:)
While the main Quikscell plant will be on New Vandenberg, have someone else look at reverse engineering the Bulldog - and while they're working on that, look at fitting one with a fuel cell engine. It should save enough weight that the entire tank could be lighter while still carrying more armour and if necessary extended fuel tanks for more hydrogen fuel. Something like this:

Code:
Bulldog II medium tank
Mass: 50 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Motive Type: Tracked
Rules Level: Advanced Rules
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-D-D-A
Production Year: 3011
Cost: 1,369,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 808
Power Plant: 200 Fuel Cell Engine
Cruise Speed: 43.2 km/h
Flanking Speed: 64.8 km/h
Armor: Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Large Laser
2 SRM-4s
1 Machine Gun
Manufacturer: 
Primary Factory: 
Communications System: 
Targeting and Tracking System:
================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 25 points 5.00
Engine: Fuel-Cell Engine 200 10.50
Cruise MP: 4
Flank MP: 6
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 8 7.00
Control Equipment: 2.50
Lift Equipment: 0.00
Power Amplifiers: 0.50
Turret: 1.00
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 184 11.50
Armor 
Factor 
Front 42 
Left/Right 36/36 
Turret 35 
Rear 35
================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Spaces Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Machine Gun FR 0 1 0.50
Large Laser T 8 1 5.00
2 SRM-4s T 6 2 4.00
@SRM-4 (50) BD - 0 2.00
@MG (1/2) (100) BD - 0 0.50
BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 6 Points: 8
4t 3 2 0 0 2 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: EE, TUR(2/2/0, SRM 1/1/0), SRM 1/1/0
I'd not so much be thinking of it for export as much as a bulwark for Taurian armoured brigades to bolster our defenses and free up 'Mechs for more mobile operations.

Be glad I normally use Lower is better...
The roll did make me feel rather nervous.

You not only get the design for a extremely low price, but an offer of a military alliance and a marriage proposal.
That's excellent news about the Stingray. Let's see about building a factory for them on Pinard.

On the other two, what sort of terms of military alliance are being suggested?

And who's being suggested for marriage to me? Presumably not Duchess Catherine herself. Most of her seven children and other close kin (see the sidebar on pg. 57-58 of Brush Wars) would be problematic but some have potential.

You could instill some limitations.
True, but there may be no need. I can close the door on them if they start misbehaving.

With plans underway to reprimand House Liao, are there any border issues with the Davions (or for that matter the the Centrellas)? And how problematic are the pirate enclaves spinward of the Concordat being?

Last edited:
Samantha Calderon March 3025
Alright. Though might be best to seek an advantageous marrage.

Beyond Mr Bowie is there any other likely candidates of note?

How about he sends one instead then?

That should play well with the press to have the TC courted.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is there currently isn't a manufacturer of LRM/SRM Carriers in the Concordant.

As for the Bulldog, remember, Bulldog Industries is a combine based interest. They tend to view other peoples contracts as immaterial and as such tend to steal from anyone and everyone (quickschell is rather annoyed about the Sasori Light Tank which the combine courts have recently deemed an original design and totally not a carbon copy) and in the spirit of this, while they can't manufacture them for you, they can sell you a number to reverse engineer, and if a complete copy of the design specs happens to be sitting inside one, well, someone in the assembly team will need a good strong talking to.

Though if they were to do that they'd need a local assembly plant with some nice subsidies and tax breaks...

My mistake.

In that case Sam does a check in with various worlds to see whose most interested in having a Quickcell plant built on it. Perhaps Flaum?

What sort of additional funding would Sam have to procure to get Quickcell to build a Bulldog Tank and possibly an Ontos tank line on top of a Scorpion, LRM Carrier, and SRM Carrier line?

Currently an unrecognized Far Seeker colony with a population of less than 100,000 people...

An appropriate world inside the TC is to be found.

But don't off site backups make the information easier to steal? (need some lame excuse for that level of derp)

*sigh* Yes ma'am...

Sam simply smiles deviously and replies "Oh my Spheroids using an iconic Taurian mech to defend their people with. A Mech the blasted Terries went to a great deal of trouble to wipe out."

If you were working with a larger state with a larger pocketbook and a bigger research base it would go faster.

Keep in mind you're basically recreating them based on badly fragmented records. The only reason you can even TRY is you have the TCS Vandenburg hidden away and you can take a part a couple of her damaged weapons.

Not to mention the stored parts and bits are most likely NACs.

Any settlement rights and what's the stance on salvage?

A reasonable settlement right is included and Salvage is a case of "You killed it, you've got it" An arbitration panel will have to be invoked to cover mutual claims over a kill.

Ah. alright. I didn't read that bit. My mistake. My apologies.

Though going back to that, when you first present the plan you're encouraged to rethink it. Not the objective, but the approach. The Far Lookers are a sensitive and popular group. Nixing their efforts would piss a lot of people off. But forcing them to, say, be more conservative is a good idea.

Maybe rules on the worlds they can colonize? Basically it's suggested that a 30LY rule be written. Right now they're spread out. How about new colonies have to be within basically the expanded sphere of Taurian space within 30 LY of an existing colony. Several of these colonies are more than a single, some more than 2 jumps from their closest neighbor which is very dangerous.

Rethinking part of the presentation what Sam really wants is to have a visual graphic where the TC and its generally available military forces along with jumpers get displayed along with probable response times. Followed by a graphic including all known Colonies and how that same group of military forces is suddenly spread a great deal thinner.

With a polished statement of "My ability to protect the people to the TC has been compromised by the massive over extension of the current colonization program. To even begin to catch up will require a fairly intensive program of Industrial Development and a large increase in the number of Jumpships. Jumpships that will need to be new built from Taurian Yards."

Additionally Samantha should have included a brief plan on how tax credits and subsidies to industrial development can and will be focused on improving newly colonized worlds.

"Older brothers are a pain?" Miriam replies quickly in an attempt to cover up

Could they reverse engineer an existing Wolverine? And do we have any other partial lines (like the Griffon I included in Drac's which you also have BTW)

Either way, I want any incomplete lines we have brought to functionality even if they can't build entire mechs. Being a spare parts merchant is still useful. Then I want us to look into getting the rest of the toolings either by reverse engineering or buying copies from someone who has them. Either way, I'd like to send feelers to most major manufacturers.

The Griffin line was fully restored by 3018 and is located on Illiushin alongside the Commando and Stinger. Practically speaking on the Wolverine front being a close personal friend of the Duke Sandoval plays in your favor, he's managed to get Norse Battlemechs on Marduk to agree to copy a set of Wolverine tooling. Costs to be born by the TC and a note that he's torn between the Thunderbolt or Archer as the first product for a new Robinson Mech Works.

As well an unsolicited offer from Magistry Metals and Refining is floating around, they'd love a set of tooling for the Griffin in a swap for a set of tooling for the Shadow Hawk. Having just gotten their Griffin line up and running again VMI is still a tad reluctant to shut it down again for half a year.

Wonderful. I'd like a line of tactical artillery vehicles built as well as a number of upgrade kits. From what we can see, they use most of the same dimensions as the standard LRMs

Initially slotted into light SRM carriers the TDF is planning on spending a good deal of time figuring out just how to deploy Mech Mortars as a weapon.

Okay, before I commit to given amounts I need to know how major a blow this is, but if it's nothing major I'll do it.

Though for a relatively simple missile system this seems a bit extreme. It's not like I'm asking for MML, just MRMs (right now)

Financially you are richer than Cresote. In rough terms you've got 10 Billion in C-Bills right now as spending cash alongside another 20 Billion C-Bills worth of Taurian Bulls, every year you can expect to add 1-3 Billion C-bills and 3-6 Billion C-bills worth of Bulls to that stash.

This is after taking 2/3 of all income and plunging right back into your holdings.

As for the MRMs you'll also be getting a few production lines out of it in the end.

Put these at the top of the priority list. Classify them top secret and I want weekly off site backups. Send nothing related to them via comstar.

In the meantime, I want a cover operation to build a system that fires tactical range missiles developed. Large warhead. Call it Project: Thunderbolt.

As for the Banshee, I'd like to see about a refit kit that would make it a more typical assault mech. I hear Defiance Industries is doing something similar.

Work continues on the improved Star League armor at an exceedingly slow crawl; extremely small batches are possible but all attempts at mass manufacture are proving incredibly difficult.

Arrow IV is pretty slow as well as work on first principals used in the design is snarling things up.

The conversion of the Banshee's is totally not a clone of the BNC-3S; the 3S model uses an AC-10, while the 3T keeps the AC5 and adds on two extra heatsinks.

Okay.

They'll get it. Reluctantly.

My excuse for the rise in military spending is a stance of quality over quantity. We don't have as many troops or mechs as the Inner Sphere so we better have better.

Plunging Bulls back into the local economy especially into R&D will make a very positive splash

Do it. Now. And start building a factory.

Fuel Cells run off of hydrogen and oxygen. All you need is a couple fusion powered supply trucks to crack any filthy water into the base elements and your unit is fueled. On top of that the only product created by a fuel cell is pure water, which can be recycled into fuel or drank.

And they're lighter than ICE engines, include a single heat sink, and don't need power amps to use energy weapons.

The TDF is in fact very excited over the possibilities swapping over to Fuel Cell Engines will bring.

To illustrate the issues the TDF is having; Consider the Vedette tank, by swapping over to Fuel Cell engines suddenly an additional 10 tons of mass is freed up. Some tankers are arguing for a second AC5, others for improved armor and an additional SRM4, others still to improving the Vedette's speed

Can I afford it?

Honestly, how many of these RD task can I farm out?

Though we are getting a little ahead of ourselves. I still need to RP my arival. I was just putting down part of my technological to-do list

No worries, Arrival is starting up below.

Alright.

Understood.

I make it a rule that, for the sake of myself respect, I do not pay for pussy.

Henry agrees with you that you likely be drowning in woman trying to get into your pants. However for esoteric tastes or extremely kinky sex he strongly encourages going to a professional for a lot less fuss all around.

Hm. LSD shouldn't be lethal in high quantities (it's really not). I want the seized supplies given a high level toxicology scan to make sure there is no tampering and hire a chemist to specifically supply them with the good shit.

The KF physicists can get a hold of properly dosed LSD fairly easily.

The drug in question used to literally blow their minds to understand KF physics is pretty much used only by very desperate KF PhD students who almost to a man have it made up personally, illegal drug makers won't even touch the stuff.

Having been hustled from the space port directly into the Protectors Palace Samuel quickly finds himself fitted into a very somber and restrained suit of exceptionally high quality that fits him perfectly.

Colonel Henry paused a moment his eyes sweeping of his charge before nodding slightly. "The plan's relatively simple, you're going to be sworn in as the Protector by the Chief Justice and formally give a brief but short speech that will be broadcasted throughout the Concordat. Then the real fun begins."

"Apart from a formal meet and greet with the various heads of the department and several major noble lords there's a ball scheduled for tonight. The ball will be the toughest event, if only because you are the single most eligible bachelor in the entire Human Sphere barring Hanse Davion. "

"Any questions?"

Jack Calderon 3011 (Sorry about the delay i somehow missed this)
Because its an insanely expensive hole which money is thrown down never to be seen again, and if you get any fucking progress some other fucker will just blow it up because they don't want you to get an advantage.
Fine fine, just work on getting jumpship production then.

How about you plan for it and I tell you how it works. Because if you just dump this off on the GM here's how it goes...

"Everything goes well until it spontaneously explodes. Comstar had absolutely nothing to do with it. You have no off site backups because, you know, Battletech."
Very well, stage one will be gathering enough jump to transport the entire Taurian Guards corps(3 Mech Regiments plus supporting elements) near to the Badlands and a chain to transport them from there home bases to the staging area. Supplies will also be need both for the unit and setting up control and civilizing the Cluster. From what i recall there only 1 or 2 really inhabited worlds so divide the force as needed.

Stage 2 will be the gathering of these units, while SASF will poke in and scout some entry points and areas of interest and firm up targets for us to hit and take over.

Stage 3 will be the actual deployment, and invasion. Do my aides and regent think giving the Davions a last minute heads up to the brithday bash is wise, or should we just ignore them. I can make arguments both ways and would like there input on the matter.

Now the first 2 stages will take place over the next 6-10 months(depends on when jack brithday is and the current month), the third will last as long as it last.

Because you don't realistically need more and they're extremely expensive to manufacture and maintain.
very well and was just wondering.

Ill ask about a resurvey of old TC worlds that weve lost contact with or we think died out. There might be something of interest left, or maybe the worlds have recovered.

When im not being taught by someone or asked for input on some such, ill look though the families old diary's and records from before during and after the RUW. Im looking for any mentions of last hopes, hold outs, records stores, etc.

I'm replying to Fitz now and in a little I'll reply to everyone else.

Just got home from work and need to rest a bit.

Samantha Calderon March 3025

Beyond Mr Bowie is there any other likely candidates of note?

Do the words "Most Desirable Bachelorette in Inner Sphere" mean anything to you?

That should play well with the press to have the TC courted.

Alright. He'll send a team right over. He'll have his nephew Morgan lead it.

My mistake.

In that case Sam does a check in with various worlds to see whose most interested in having a Quickcell plant built on it. Perhaps Flaum?

He walks to the world lords in question to find which would be best.

What sort of additional funding would Sam have to procure to get Quickcell to build a Bulldog Tank and possibly an Ontos tank line on top of a Scorpion, LRM Carrier, and SRM Carrier line?

She'd find they can't really license or construct the Ontos there at the moment due to being a licensesee themselves and having restrictions. They also can't technically do it with the Bulldog, but considering how much general ill will they have to the Combine and it's tendency to shamelessly rip off everything they can find...

If the Concordant was willing to say, by a company of them and just happen to have the right set of comfortably generous tax breaks and subsidies then they might have to discipline the shit out of one of their dumbass junior technicians for accidentally leaving a complete copy of the vehicle's production specifications (with footnotes) in the cup-holder of the lead tank, accidentally aiding you in your attempts to reverse engineer the deigns and put it into local production yourself.

Hint. Hint.

An appropriate world inside the TC is to be found.

How? Check the map? Talk with the local lords? A lottery?

Sam simply smiles deviously and replies "Oh my Spheroids using an iconic Taurian mech to defend their people with. A Mech the blasted Terries went to a great deal of trouble to wipe out."

Chuckles everywhere.

Not to mention the stored parts and bits are most likely NACs.

Hence the reason they're one of the easier to reverse engineer.

A reasonable settlement right is included and Salvage is a case of "You killed it, you've got it" An arbitration panel will have to be invoked to cover mutual claims over a kill.

A number of smaller and less well off units flock to you. That's not quite the Holy Grail but it's close.

I'm assuming that there's also one that says a settled unit can't act against the TC as long as they have a base on your land. Basically "We'll make you landed mechwarriors with all the benefits that comes with but you need to display a degree of loyalty in turn."

Rethinking part of the presentation what Sam really wants is to have a visual graphic where the TC and its generally available military forces along with jumpers get displayed along with probable response times. Followed by a graphic including all known Colonies and how that same group of military forces is suddenly spread a great deal thinner.

That is a concern, even with you hiring new units.

With a polished statement of "My ability to protect the people to the TC has been compromised by the massive over extension of the current colonization program. To even begin to catch up will require a fairly intensive program of Industrial Development and a large increase in the number of Jumpships. Jumpships that will need to be new built from Taurian Yards."[/QUOTE]

Yards that haven't built new jumpers in decades.

Additionally Samantha should have included a brief plan on how tax credits and subsidies to industrial development can and will be focused on improving newly colonized worlds.

That'll help a bit. Espeically if you sell it right.

"Older brothers are a pain?" Miriam replies quickly in an attempt to cover up

I give her the Implied Facepalm look. Using a dataslat in place of the newspaper.

The Griffin line was fully restored by 3018 and is located on Illiushin alongside the Commando and Stinger.

Nice.

Practically speaking on the Wolverine front being a close personal friend of the Duke Sandoval plays in your favor, he's managed to get Norse Battlemechs on Marduk to agree to copy a set of Wolverine tooling. Costs to be born by the TC and a note that he's torn between the Thunderbolt or Archer as the first product for a new Robinson Mech Works.

I send him via One Time Pad a mention that I'm working on several new systems that will benefit a missile boat well and he'll be on the short list of export targets. As such I suggest the Archer.

As well an unsolicited offer from Magistry Metals and Refining is floating around, they'd love a set of tooling for the Griffin in a swap for a set of tooling for the Shadow Hawk. Having just gotten their Griffin line up and running again VMI is still a tad reluctant to shut it down again for half a year.

I'm willing to have both myself and the government pay part of the costs to set it up and they get the line in its entirety since they're the one making the trade.

Initially slotted into light SRM carriers the TDF is planning on spending a good deal of time figuring out just how to deploy Mech Mortars as a weapon.

Light SRM carriers haven't been invented yet. Or has this idea encouraged it's development as being the "Tactical Mortar Carrier"

Financially you are richer than Cresote. In rough terms you've got 10 Billion in C-Bills right now as spending cash alongside another 20 Billion C-Bills worth of Taurian Bulls, every year you can expect to add 1-3 Billion C-bills and 3-6 Billion C-bills worth of Bulls to that stash.

This is after taking 2/3 of all income and plunging right back into your holdings.

Nice... I'm going on an conservative R&D frenzy.

As for the MRMs you'll also be getting a few production lines out of it in the end.

Ah. How much to add MMLs to the mix? A launcher that can fire SRMs or LRMs.

Work continues on the improved Star League armor at an exceedingly slow crawl; extremely small batches are possible but all attempts at mass manufacture are proving incredibly difficult.

As much as I loathe to say it we might have to partner up with someone. And the only someone I can really think of is Hanse Davion via Aaron Sandoval.

In the meantime, I'd like my mech retrofitted.
Arrow IV is pretty slow as well as work on first principals used in the design is snarling things up.

Take your time.

And so how about my Thunderbolt Missile concept?

The conversion of the Banshee's is totally not a clone of the BNC-3S; the 3S model uses an AC-10, while the 3T keeps the AC5 and adds on two extra heatsinks.

More font of the 10 for the design myself, but it'll do.

Plunging Bulls back into the local economy especially into R&D will make a very positive splash

Yep. I want to be known as a progressive protector.

The TDF is in fact very excited over the possibilities swapping over to Fuel Cell Engines will bring.

If we get them up and running I'd like to actually see to having the entire TDF switch over with all ICE assets either refitted or passed down to friendly mercenary companies and planetary militia units.

To illustrate the issues the TDF is having; Consider the Vedette tank, by swapping over to Fuel Cell engines suddenly an additional 10 tons of mass is freed up. Some tankers are arguing for a second AC5, others for improved armor and an additional SRM4, others still to improving the Vedette's speed

I'm open to suggestions. Or they could even do both or all of the above or more. Multiple tanks based on the same mother chassis with high parts commonality is in no way a bad idea. That said I'd personally like a design with improved armor and an AC10...

No worries, Arrival is starting up below.

Cool. I'll post more ideas once we're there to catch up.

Henry agrees with you that you likely be drowning in woman trying to get into your pants. However for esoteric tastes or extremely kinky sex he strongly encourages going to a professional for a lot less fuss all around.

"I'm not THAT kinky. Though if they could per-provide their safe-words I'd be thankful."

The KF physicists can get a hold of properly dosed LSD fairly easily.

The drug in question used to literally blow their minds to understand KF physics is pretty much used only by very desperate KF PhD students who almost to a man have it made up personally, illegal drug makers won't even touch the stuff.

Ah.

I'd like to look into seeing if we can make a version that isn't as potent but works as an aerosol...

Having been hustled from the space port directly into the Protectors Palace Samuel quickly finds himself fitted into a very somber and restrained suit of exceptionally high quality that fits him perfectly.

"What? My Hawaiian shirts aren't good enough?"

Colonel Henry paused a moment his eyes sweeping of his charge before nodding slightly. "The plan's relatively simple, you're going to be sworn in as the Protector by the Chief Justice and formally give a brief but short speech that will be broadcasted throughout the Concordat. Then the real fun begins."

I have a speech written out. It's free of most of my normal off color jokes and basically is pretty solemn and contrasts my branch's exile to the land theft of the unification war, makes it clear the Concordant is home, and says that while I intend to seek closer ties with the Federated Suns as Both Aeron Robinson and Hanse Davion are honorable men. I make no positive mention of that douche-bag, Micheal Hansk.

Regaining what was lost via peaceful means will always be an objective of my administration.

Basically I intend to redirect our efforts against the actual threats in the area: House Liao and our pirate problem.

Does this pass muster?

"Apart from a formal meet and greet with the various heads of the department and several major noble lords there's a ball scheduled for tonight. The ball will be the toughest event, if only because you are the single most eligible bachelor in the entire Human Sphere barring Hanse Davion. "

"I'm going to need help with the last one. Not too good around girls."

Can I have that drink yet and how's the man on the street reacting to me so far?[/QUOTE]

[dice]1772[/dice]
Two Sixs.

Ouch....

You manage to somehow trip due to a loose step and while you don't break anything you kinda just made a fool of yourself.

OOC; Marking both of those down as things to be corrected.

IT does its job but could better

A more complete list...

The Minister of Defense, the Treasury Director, the Minister of the Interior, the Minister of Colonization and Trade, the Minister of Education, the head of the Taurian Guards, the C&C of the Tarurian Military, and a number of what are currently the late protector's personal chosen advisers...

Unless they have actual physical proof that the Davions are at this moment remanueving their entirety of their military arm to supply the necessary forces to conquer the Concordat, while still being capable of protecting their current holdings, I'm afraid that Alejandro is going to have to insist.

Cue paranoid tv ranting.

That's fine, thanks.

The Minister of Defense, the Treasury Director, the Minister of the Interior, the Minister of Colonization and Trade, the Minister of Education, the head of the Taurian Guards, the C&C of the Tarurian Military, and a number of what are currently the late protector's personal chosen advisers...

Indeed. That should point Mr. Liao in the direction of his corner. And defeating the CCAF might look good in the eyes of George Hasek and Ian Davion.

Yep. Roll a 2d6 for your success level

We can certainly look at the Toro and Talos again later if there seems to be sufficient resources and need for them.

Alright.

:)
While the main Quikscell plant will be on New Vandenberg, have someone else look at reverse engineering the Bulldog - and while they're working on that, look at fitting one with a fuel cell engine. It should save enough weight that the entire tank could be lighter while still carrying more armour and if necessary extended fuel tanks for more hydrogen fuel. Something like this:

*cough* the team has a resounding success and TTI expects to be have the plant ready by the end of the next financial quarter...

I'd not so much be thinking of it for export as much as a bulwark for Taurian armoured brigades to bolster our defenses and free up 'Mechs for more mobile operations.

It's a good plan. Wanna refit any other vees?

The roll did make me feel rather nervous.

Let me put it this way... you were so damned charming and cute that rumor is even the Davion brothers think you're adorable.

That's excellent news about the Stingray. Let's see about building a factory for them on Pinard.

Okay.

On the other two, what sort of terms of military alliance are being suggested?

Basically a join defense pact against the Capallans. Basically if the Capallans try and invade one of you, the other'll stick I'm in the back with a knife forcing them to pretty much set up for a two front conflict and therefore divide their forces.

And who's being suggested for marriage to me? Presumably not Duchess Catherine herself. Most of her seven children and other close kin (see the sidebar on pg. 57-58 of Brush Wars) would be problematic but some have potential.

She's suggesting one of her sons. But right now it's just a suggestion. And frankly you're getting offers from across the inner sphere.

Let me put it this way, your charm and good looks have basically earned you the reputation as possibly the cutest single ruler of your generation.

True, but there may be no need. I can close the door on them if they start misbehaving.

Okay.

With plans underway to reprimand House Liao, are there any border issues with the Davions

Ian Davion is quoted as saying he has no designs on the Concordant. You've always been a belligerent but respectful neighbor and regrets the animosity between your two states. For all the shared dislike, you're a freedom loving people unlike the Combine (especially the combine) and Capallans whom he views as sadistic savages (and in the case of the Combine, warmongering sadistic savages)

(or for that matter the the Centrellas)?

Polite but distant. Literally.

In general House Centrella approves of you.

And how problematic are the pirate enclaves spinward of the Concordat being?

Extremely. :p

IE: Business as usual

Jack Calderon 3011 (Sorry about the delay i somehow missed this)
Fine fine, just work on getting jumpship production then.

Thank god.

Very well, stage one will be gathering enough jump to transport the entire Taurian Guards corps(3 Mech Regiments plus supporting elements) near to the Badlands and a chain to transport them from there home bases to the staging area. Supplies will also be need both for the unit and setting up control and civilizing the Cluster. From what i recall there only 1 or 2 really inhabited worlds so divide the force as needed.

Stage 2 will be the gathering of these units, while SASF will poke in and scout some entry points and areas of interest and firm up targets for us to hit and take over.

Stage 3 will be the actual deployment, and invasion. Do my aides and regent think giving the Davions a last minute heads up to the brithday bash is wise, or should we just ignore them. I can make arguments both ways and would like there input on the matter.

Now the first 2 stages will take place over the next 6-10 months(depends on when jack birthday is and the current month), the third will last as long as it last.

Well, you could do it now but there's resistance to using the Guard regiments They're needed to protect the capitol.

very well and was just wondering.

Alright.

Ill ask about a resurvey of old TC worlds that weve lost contact with or we think died out. There might be something of interest left, or maybe the worlds have recovered.

They'll slot some ships to do so.

2d6

When im not being taught by someone or asked for input on some such, ill look though the families old diary's and records from before during and after the RUW. Im looking for any mentions of last hopes, hold outs, records stores, etc.

2d6

Samantha Calderon 3025 Marchish
Do the words "Most Desirable Bachelorette in Inner Sphere" mean anything to you?

Heh, very true as Melissa is still under age. More specifically is there any notable candidates from the InnerSphere? Any of the Marik's coming to sniff around, or other nobles trying to flog off second sons?

Alright. He'll send a team right over. He'll have his nephew Morgan lead it.

Extra security details are ordered to ensure Morgan is well guarded, the last thing the Concordat needs is for Hanse's heir to eat a bullet on Taurian soil.

She'd find they can't really license or construct the Ontos there at the moment due to being a licensesee themselves and having restrictions. They also can't technically do it with the Bulldog, but considering how much general ill will they have to the Combine and it's tendency to shamelessly rip off everything they can find...

If the Concordant was willing to say, by a company of them and just happen to have the right set of comfortably generous tax breaks and subsidies then they might have to discipline the shit out of one of their dumbass junior technicians for accidentally leaving a complete copy of the vehicle's production specifications (with footnotes) in the cup-holder of the lead tank, accidentally aiding you in your attempts to reverse engineer the deigns and put it into local production yourself.

Hint. Hint.

Samantha dutifully orders a full regiment of Bulldogs.

After their arrival she also orders a number of Fuel Cell engines to be embarked as an experiment. An experiment that should end up looking rather like this

Code:
Bulldog Medium Tank
Mass: 60 tons
Era: Age of War/Star League
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/C-D-D-A
Production Year: 2673
Cost: 1,884,800 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,000
Power Plant: Bulldog 240 Fuel Cell Engine
Armor: Bulldog Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Bulldog Large Laser
2 Hovertec Quad SRM-4s
1 Bulldog Minigun Machine Gun
Manufacturer: Bulldog Enterprises, Quikscell Company
Primary Factory: Proserpina (Bulldog), Ares (Quikscell)
Communications System: Xilex-2000
Targeting and Tracking System: Xilex-2000
Internal Structure: Standard 30 points 6.00
Engine: Fuel-Cell Engine 240 14.00
Control Equipment: 3.00
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 250 16.00
Armor 
Factor 
Front 60 
Left/Right 50/50 
Turret 50 
Rear 40
Machine Gun FR 0 1 0.50
Large Laser T 8 1 5.00
2 SRM-4s T 6 2 4.00
@SRM-4 (50) BD - 0 2.00
@MG (200) BD - 0 1.00
BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 8 Points: 10
4t 3 2 0 0 3 0 Structure: 3

The Bulldog Pitbull Tank promptly gets funded to the tune of a line each for VMI, TTI, PPI, Quickcell oh and Bowie Industries.

Afterwards Samantha is going to politely insist that the TC's various Vedette lines be upgraded to the following standard

Code:
Vedette Medium Tank FC
Production Year: 2943
Cost: 1,463,150 C-Bills
Battle Value: 816
Power Plant: Locom-Pack InterComBust 250 Fuel Cell Engine
Cruise Speed: 54.0 km/h
Flanking Speed: 86.4 km/h
Armor: ProtecTech 6 Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Armstrong J11 Autocannon/5
1 SRM-4
1 Scatter Gun Light Machine Gun
1 Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons)
Manufacturer: New Earth Trading Company
Primary Factory: New Earth
Communications System: ComStar Rover
Targeting and Tracking System: ComStar Test-2
Engine: Fuel-Cell Engine 250 15.00
Cruise MP: 5
Flank MP: 8
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 1 0.00
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 192 12.00
Armor 
Factor 
Front 47 
Left/Right 38/38 
Turret 38 
Rear 31
Machine Gun FR 0 1 0.50
Autocannon/5 T 1 1 8.00
SRM-4 T 3 1 2.00
Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons) BD 0 1 1.00
@AC/5 (20) BD - 0 1.00
@MG (200) BD - 0 1.00
@SRM-4 (25) BD - 0 1.00
BattleForce Statistics
5t 2 2 1 0 2 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: EE, TUR(1/2/1)

An up armored, additional SRM4 toting Tank should prove a notable force multiplier.

How? Check the map? Talk with the local lords? A lottery?

Samantha's willing to bet a number of local lords would appreciate having a local manufacture, so she's willing to get staff to poll them and get them to present their own offers to host a plant.

Chuckles everywhere.

Samantha paused for a moment a glimmer of a thought flashing through her eyes. "In fact that's not a horrible idea at all. Even if its just helping the OWA and Magistry build their own Toro lines to help defend their populations."

Hence the reason they're one of the easier to reverse engineer.

Plus how could any Taurian not love nuclear propelled munitions

A number of smaller and less well off units flock to you. That's not quite the Holy Grail but it's close.

I'm assuming that there's also one that says a settled unit can't act against the TC as long as they have a base on your land. Basically "We'll make you landed mechwarriors with all the benefits that comes with but you need to display a degree of loyalty in turn."

Very much so. In fact after assigning the best Battalion of the lot (in terms of skills and reliability) to Sterope to help defend the various factories located there the 2nd best gets planted on Dicallus to help guard the Bowie Industries factory there.

Any remaining Battalions will be spread as per the various Marshall's best judgement to cover off the hardest hit Pirate targets such as Althea's Choice, Organo, and Celentaro.

Additionally the TDF officers are reminded that material supplies should not be an issue nor made an issue. Goal isn't to Company Store the various Mercs, its let Pirates get shot up by them.

A quiet word is slipped to the FedSuns embassy regarding the various Garrison contracts given most will be right on the FS border and that the TC is most emphatically not paying them to undertake offensive assignment

That is a concern, even with you hiring new units.

Sam will be stressing that is a problem that can be resolved via the application of time, money and not expanding further until the TDF can finally catch up and be capable of defending the various new worlds.

In the mean time Samantha is willing to make a suggestion:

She'll actually maintain current colonization subsidies in one particular case: Orbital Habitats

Exploiting the various asteroids and stellar bodies throughout the Concordat will not only protect planets environmentally but provide easy access to valuable resources.

Yards that haven't built new jumpers in decades.

Thus a plan to slowly build up industrially to not only restore production but greatly increase the yard sizes.

That'll help a bit. Espeically if you sell it right.

Sam and her staff work hard on making this a matter of "Building up" using much of the positive foward looking tones of the Farlookers.

Its not "Retreat and dream of the old days" but "making the future better one tool at a time"

So after a copious amount of R&D, Combat Vee building and various other expansions including hiring Mercs Sam has a question for her personal fiance team

She wants to invest personally into getting Snowden mining stations back into production. Can she afford it this year or will it have to wait?
[dice]1793[/dice]

Samantha Calderon 3025 Marchish

Heh, very true as Melissa is still under age. More specifically is there any notable candidates from the InnerSphere? Any of the Marik's coming to sniff around, or other nobles trying to flog off second sons?

Plenty. Which Marik's are of the right age again?

And you actually got a rather stiff proposal (literally) from Takashi Kurita about his unwed heir that speaks a great deal of common enemies.

Is he seriously trying to FedCom you? o_O

Extra security details are ordered to ensure Morgan is well guarded, the last thing the Concordat needs is for Hanse's heir to eat a bullet on Taurian soil.

Done. Sharplin is in a tizzy.

Samantha dutifully orders a full regiment of Bulldogs.

And one of them comes with a memory card. And a fruit basket. And most of them are actually in serviceable condition.

After their arrival she also orders a number of Fuel Cell engines to be embarked as an experiment. An experiment that should end up looking rather like this

Code:
Bulldog Medium Tank
Mass: 60 tons
Era: Age of War/Star League
Production Year: 2673
Cost: 1,884,800 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,000
Power Plant: Bulldog 240 Fuel Cell Engine
Armor: Bulldog Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Bulldog Large Laser
2 Hovertec Quad SRM-4s
1 Bulldog Minigun Machine Gun
Manufacturer: Bulldog Enterprises, Quikscell Company
Primary Factory: Proserpina (Bulldog), Ares (Quikscell)
Communications System: Xilex-2000
Targeting and Tracking System: Xilex-2000
Internal Structure: Standard 30 points 6.00
Engine: Fuel-Cell Engine 240 14.00
Control Equipment: 3.00
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 250 16.00
Armor
Factor
Front 60
Left/Right 50/50
Turret 50
Rear 40
Machine Gun FR 0 1 0.50
Large Laser T 8 1 5.00
2 SRM-4s T 6 2 4.00
@SRM-4 (50) BD - 0 2.00
@MG (200) BD - 0 1.00
BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 8 Points: 10
4t 3 2 0 0 3 0 Structure: 3
[/QUOTE]

D6 months to work out the bugs.

Another d6 to see how well the refit turned out. Bugs are a thing.

The Bulldog Pitbull Tank promptly gets funded to the tune of a line each for VMI, TTI, PPI, Quickcell oh and Bowie Industries.

Assuming it works right, what trade limitations do you have on them? It's suggested that export models be the standard ICE design.

And you're sued by Bulldog Industries.

Afterwards Samantha is going to politely insist that the TC's various Vedette lines be upgraded to the following standard

Code:
Vedette Medium Tank FC
Production Year: 2943
Cost: 1,463,150 C-Bills
Battle Value: 816
Power Plant: Locom-Pack InterComBust 250 Fuel Cell Engine
Cruise Speed: 54.0 km/h
Flanking Speed: 86.4 km/h
Armor: ProtecTech 6 Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Armstrong J11 Autocannon/5
1 SRM-4
1 Scatter Gun Light Machine Gun
1 Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons)
Manufacturer: New Earth Trading Company
Primary Factory: New Earth
Communications System: ComStar Rover
Targeting and Tracking System: ComStar Test-2
Engine: Fuel-Cell Engine 250 15.00
Cruise MP: 5
Flank MP: 8
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 192 12.00
Armor
Factor
Front 47
Left/Right 38/38
Turret 38
Rear 31
Machine Gun FR 0 1 0.50
Autocannon/5 T 1 1 8.00
SRM-4 T 3 1 2.00
Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons) BD 0 1 1.00
@AC/5 (20) BD - 0 1.00
@MG (200) BD - 0 1.00
@SRM-4 (25) BD - 0 1.00
BattleForce Statistics
5t 2 2 1 0 2 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: EE, TUR(1/2/1)

An up armored, additional SRM4 toting Tank should prove a notable force multiplier.

Again 2d6 and a suggestion that the exports remain the standard model for now. Protectionism is a thing.

Samantha's willing to bet a number of local lords would appreciate having a local manufacture, so she's willing to get staff to poll them and get them to present their own offers to host a plant.

Look at the map. Anyone who doesn't have a factory would love to have one for obvious reasons.

And want to do a fuel cell Aardvark? (I personally love that little tank of mine. It's so... usefully shitty)

Samantha paused for a moment a glimmer of a thought flashing through her eyes. "In fact that's not a horrible idea at all. Even if its just helping the OWA and Magistry build their own Toro lines to help defend their populations."

It would be an interesting way to bind them together.

Do you put anything into finding a Talos to reverse engineer?

Plus how could any Taurian not love nuclear propelled munitions

^_^

Very much so. In fact after assigning the best Battalion of the lot (in terms of skills and reliability) to Sterope to help defend the various factories located there the 2nd best gets planted on Dicallus to help guard the Bowie Industries factory there.

I'll have to look over the mercs books to find a particular unit.

Any remaining Battalions will be spread as per the various Marshall's best judgement to cover off the hardest hit Pirate targets such as Althea's Choice, Organo, and Celentaro.

Done.

Additionally the TDF officers are reminded that material supplies should not be an issue nor made an issue. Goal isn't to Company Store the various Mercs, its let Pirates get shot up by them.

A little grumbling. And speaking of their buying structure, how do you want to charge them for gear?

A quiet word is slipped to the FedSuns embassy regarding the various Garrison contracts given most will be right on the FS border and that the TC is most emphatically not paying them to undertake offensive assignment

Understood.

Sam will be stressing that is a problem that can be resolved via the application of time, money and not expanding further until the TDF can finally catch up and be capable of defending the various new worlds.

In the mean time Samantha is willing to make a suggestion:

She'll actually maintain current colonization subsidies in one particular case: Orbital Habitats

Exploiting the various asteroids and stellar bodies throughout the Concordat will not only protect planets environmentally but provide easy access to valuable resources.

A counter suggestion is made. Bridge systems and abandoned worlds.

Bridge systems being systems colonized to make sure there's 30 ly or less between every colonized system.

Thus a plan to slowly build up industrially to not only restore production but greatly increase the yard sizes.

Alright. It'll be expensive. Assuming you have the same level of resources I have, 10+ billion over the next decade... if someone doesn't decide to show up and fire some missiles into it.

Again.

Fucking pirates.

Sam and her staff work hard on making this a matter of "Building up" using much of the positive foward looking tones of the Farlookers.

2d6

Its not "Retreat and dream of the old days" but "making the future better one tool at a time"

Could work. And your R&D efforts help.

So after a copious amount of R&D, Combat Vee building and various other expansions including hiring Mercs Sam has a question for her personal fiance team

She wants to invest personally into getting Snowden mining stations back into production. Can she afford it this year or will it have to wait?
[dice]1793[/dice]

It'll have to wait. They were built in same yards as your Jumpships and Warships were

Samuel Calderon
I give her the Implied Facepalm look. Using a dataslat in place of the newspaper.

Miriam doesn't grace your look with any comment. No she's obviously far too busy studying away to even notice you. Over the sounds of Tetris.

I send him via One Time Pad a mention that I'm working on several new systems that will benefit a missile boat well and he'll be on the short list of export targets. As such I suggest the Archer.

Aaron agrees that the Archer is always a solid selection. In April after funds for the Wolverine get transferred to Norse Battlemechs to cover the cost of replicating the tooling he One Time Pads a numbered Comstar account that covers the cost for VMI to duplicate their Archer line. Said line ends up remaining down until April 3026 as VMI takes the opportunity duplicate their tooling.

TTI having brought the various parts factories online estimates that once the tooling arrives the first Wolverine should roll off the assembly line sometime in June-July 3026

I'm willing to have both myself and the government pay part of the costs to set it up and they get the line in its entirety since they're the one making the trade.

VMI starts planning to shut their Griffin line down in January 3026 to copy the tooling, Magistry Metals does the same as VMI Engineers head to Magistry to help the process along.

Light SRM carriers haven't been invented yet. Or has this idea encouraged it's development as being the "Tactical Mortar Carrier"

Tactical Weapons Carrier actually. A wheeled Combat Vee small enough to fit into Light Vehicle Bays based using a standard chassis to equip a range of weaponry from SRMs, LRMs, Autocannons, and eventually Mech Mortars, Rocket Launchers, and any other new tech.

Shown below is what they expect the basic SRM version to look like

Code:
Tactical Weapons Carrier FC
Mass: 40 tons
Motive Type: Wheeled
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: All Eras (non-canon)
Production Year: 0
Cost: 1,057,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 701
Power Plant: 140 Fuel Cell Engine
Armor: Standard Armor
Armament:
5 SRM-6s
Manufacturer:
Primary Factory:
Communications System:
Targeting and Tracking System:
Internal Structure: Standard 20 points 4.00
Engine: Fuel-Cell Engine 140 6.00
Control Equipment: 2.00
Turret: 1.50
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 120 7.50
Armor
Factor
Front 29
Left/Right 24/24
Turret 24
Rear 19
5 SRM-6s T 20 5 15.00
@SRM-6 (60) BD - 0 4.00
BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 4 Points: 7
4w 4 4 0 0 2 0 Structure: 2
Special Abilities: EE, TUR(4/4/0, SRM 4/4/0), SRM 4/4/0

The TDF is actually rather happy with the idea of having an easier to move Fire Support unit that shares a common chassis, with additional variants added on to the list. Engineering the bugs out will take time, but in the end the TDF will have a nice base unit to put into production.

Nice... I'm going on an conservative R&D frenzy.

Assisted by the fact that the new Universities founded by your predecessor Thomas Calderon eight years ago are putting out new graduates. The R&D splurge is soaking up new graduates and has set up a number of Research Parks across the whole TC University system.

Additionally the prospect of Bulls being plunged into the economy via R&D has very much calmed jitters in the stock market.

Ah. How much to add MMLs to the mix? A launcher that can fire SRMs or LRMs.

They'd very much like to build up expertise first on the Rocket Launchers and Arrow IV projects, its not so much a matter of additional cost now that the R&D facilities have been established. Throwing more money at it won't actually make things go that much faster, its much like BBQing sometimes low and slow gives the best results even if it takes time.

As much as I loathe to say it we might have to partner up with someone. And the only someone I can really think of is Hanse Davion via Aaron Sandoval.

In the meantime, I'd like my mech retrofitted.

A good deal of protests start going up, right now its turned into a matter of pride.

As for your Mech it has its armor slowly swapped over. At the same time two additional Magna Medium lasers are added. While still not a Mech to Alpha strike in ever, it provides Samuel with two distinct range bands along with plenty of fire-power.

While your personal Mech is being upgraded another stock 6D is purchased for your usage at the Ecolie Militare

Code:
Warhammer WHM-6DT
Mass: 70 tons
Chassis Config: Biped
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-F-D-A
Production Year: 2835
Cost: 6,251,183 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,517
Chassis: StarCorps 100 Standard
Power Plant: VOX 280 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Leviathon Plus Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
2 PPCs
4 Medium Lasers
2 Small Lasers
Manufacturer: StarCorps Industries, Olivetti Weaponry, Vandenberg Mechanized Industries, Taurus Territorial Industries
Primary Factory: Emris IV (StarCorps), Sudeten (Olivetti), Pinard (VMI), Taurus (TTI)
Communications System: O/P 3000 COMSET
Targeting and Tracking System: O/P 1500 ARB
Internal Structure: Standard 107 points 7.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 280 16.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 20 10.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 CT, 2 LT, 1 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA R: SH+UA+LA
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous AV - 215 12.00
Armor Locations: 4 LT, 3 RT, 4 LA, 3 RA
Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 22 35
Center Torso (rear) 9
L/R Torso 15 22
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 11 22
L/R Leg 15 29
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
2 Medium Lasers RT 6 2 2.00
Small Laser RT 1 1 0.50
Small Laser LT 1 1 0.50
2 Medium Lasers LT 6 2 2.00
PPC RA 10 3 7.00
PPC LA 10 3 7.00
Free Critical Slots: 14
BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 15
4 3 3 2 0 3 1 Structure: 6
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Take your time.

And so how about my Thunderbolt Missile concept?

Starting from a base of Anti shipping missiles used by Gunships the engineering staff are having real trouble with the launch system. A big advantage of LRMs and SRMs is that individual missiles aren't actually all that big, so its much easier to load and launch them.

More font of the 10 for the design myself, but it'll do.

Well that and it made TTI's lawyers happy that any lawsuit against it would fail badly.

If we get them up and running I'd like to actually see to having the entire TDF switch over with all ICE assets either refitted or passed down to friendly mercenary companies and planetary militia units.

Given the dream of an all fusion powered fleet dies instantly once the costs of building new powerplants gets mentioned the TDF is perfectly happy to envision a future of using a Fuel Cell fleet.

I'm open to suggestions. Or they could even do both or all of the above or more. Multiple tanks based on the same mother chassis with high parts commonality is in no way a bad idea. That said I'd personally like a design with improved armor and an AC10...

Another great idea!

Biggest issue is that the easiest way forward is to settle on a single armor scheme that can support variant weapons load. By the end of the March the TDF settles on an engine size (Fuel Cell 250) and in November a single armor scheme that supports both an AC10 variant and a AC5 paired with a SRM6 for the two main production variants.

The various factories tool up to produce the engines for local production.

"I'm not THAT kinky. Though if they could per-provide their safe-words I'd be thankful."

Colonel Henry merely shrugs and answers "Safe, sane, consensual can cover a great deal of ground. Then the Canopians will think up at least fifty additional ways to add more ground to that."

I'd like to look into seeing if we can make a version that isn't as potent but works as an aerosol...

Chemical Warfare Labs are always interested in additional new weapons. Why they are greatly underfunded compared to the bastards over in Nuclear Weaponry

"What? My Hawaiian shirts aren't good enough?"

"If you were grey haired, fifty, and a complete disaster hadn't just occurred I doubt anybody would mind" a tall elegant woman in a grey dress answers in a friendly tone. Eve Moneypenny you recall from your study notes was Marshall Brenda Calderon's personal secretary and was tapped to work with you. A retired TMI field agent, she has a daughter Naomi who just turned 15 and was engaged to a former TMI field agent who died in the field.

Taking a moment to adjust your tie Miss Moneypenny continues on, "Now a few pictures of you relaxing on a beach somewhere with an open Hawian shirt would be greatly appreciated by all the young ladies in the galaxy. In this case the suits going to appeal to all the bankers, businessmen, and politicians who are panicked by the current instability."

I have a speech written out. It's free of most of my normal off color jokes and basically is pretty solemn and contrasts my branch's exile to the land theft of the unification war, makes it clear the Concordant is home, and says that while I intend to seek closer ties with the Federated Suns as Both Aeron Robinson and Hanse Davion are honorable men. I make no positive mention of that douche-bag, Micheal Hansk.

Regaining what was lost via peaceful means will always be an objective of my administration.

Basically I intend to redirect our efforts against the actual threats in the area: House Liao and our pirate problem.

Roll a 2d6 please labelled Speech for the general reaction.

While everyone sees the mention of ties to Aaron Sandoval as inevitable and is perfectly happy at focusing on pirates not everyone, including Grover Sharplen is happy about seeking ties with the FedSuns.

More importantly Aramis Dunn, the prominent leader of the Farlookers is extremely pleased by your forward looking attitudes after eight years of Thomas's fear of the FedSuns.

More practically the Ministry of Trade is happy with the direction you are taking.

On the flip side a good number of the Privy Council is cautious about moving too fast and too far. While the Fed Com Accords and the Kaypten's Pact have start dividing the InnerSphere into two factions no is thrilled with the idea of actually picking a side and getting dragged into the Succession Wars.

"I'm going to need help with the last one. Not too good around girls."

"Speaking of," Miss Moneypenny mentions after the meeting as she slips you a smooth gin and tonic. "The high profile young ladies you pretty much have to meet are Lisa Steiner, she's the niece of the current Archon, she's been hopping jumpers like mad to get here. With her is Duchess Natalie Vanderzham head of Bowie Industries whose lovely features had very little to do with her becoming CEO even if she's only 25 years old. "

Miss Moneypenny passes you short profiles of each of the young ladies in questions to review.

"From the FWL Louise Humphries, my she's a short one with an almost pink shade of blonde, daughter of the current Duchess of Andurien. Force Commander Elizabeth 'Liz' Sherman is here with her mother Andrea Sherman CEO of Magna Metals. They've been here since November last year and Magna is a major industrial producer here on Taurus."

"From the Cappies, Candace Liao has actually sent a rather lovely note of regret that she can't attend and meet you as she's currently leading efforts against aggressors from the Capellan March. Lady Kelly O'Hanion ruler of Victoria is the leading light and most eligible of the candidates. With her is Commander Jessica Hollis, second daughter of the Duke of Corey and an ASF ace in her own right. "

"Marques Rani Mukherjee ruler of As Samik is the current leading lady from the FedSuns barring your Aunt of course. Next would be Doctor Famke Vanlees, younger sister of the current Duke of Kathil"

"From the OWA Guardian Kara Avellar is teaching at the Aersospace Flight School and is a bit of rowdy but then she's an Ace with twenty six kills to her name."

"Madeline Centralla, currently studying Orbital Engineering here on Taurus is the niece to the Magestrix. While she's not in line to take over Madeline's also not going to be plunged into this unexpectedly."

"Locally the big names are Callina Malvena, heiress to New Vandenburg, and Baroness Sajal Duro ruler of Celentaro. Ms Mayumi Saegusa heir to Wingman Enterprises on Pinard rounds out the list. The Saegusa's and Wingman are rather notorious for acquiring ASF designs from the Combine during the lead up to the New Vandenburg Rebellion without a single speck of consent and a habit of shooting lawyers who brought lawsuits on behalf Wakazashi Enterprises."

Last edited:
Right.... how many of them are less than twice Kaede's age? For their current positions that isn't a bad thing (and I'm not making wholesale replacements) but as prospective spouses...

Yep. Roll a 2d6 for your success level
[dice]1794[/dice] (crap)

*cough* the team has a resounding success and TTI expects to be have the plant ready by the end of the next financial quarter...
Excellent!

a good plan. Wanna refit any other vees?
There's two other projects I have in mind to provide a 'rounded' fuel cell option for the TDF: the Tracked APC and the Ballista (see Liberation of Terra pg 139-140). Maybe the Hover APC as well. With these and the J.Edgar (fusion powered) we're covering most of the bases for our armoured brigades.

Let me put it this way... you were so damned charming and cute that rumor is even the Davion brothers think you're adorable.
Well... that's probably a good thing.

Basically a join defense pact against the Capallans. Basically if the Capallans try and invade one of you, the other'll stick I'm in the back with a knife forcing them to pretty much set up for a two front conflict and therefore divide their forces.
Discuss this with my advisors. It's very good for us if we get invaded, but historically it's more likely the Capellans won't be able to keep their hands off Andurien and we'll get dragged into the Succession Wars. It may be worth it.

She's suggesting one of her sons. But right now it's just a suggestion. And frankly you're getting offers from across the inner sphere.

Let me put it this way, your charm and good looks have basically earned you the reputation as possibly the cutest single ruler of your generation.
Well at least I've got something going for me.

Normally I'd be thinking that marrying Taurian would be best but there aren't any serious contenders at the moment. Catherine's third and fourth sons (Conrad and Laurence) are both a bit younger than me and would wind up a politician and a scientist. They'd also make it less likely that any children would be highly placed in the succession to Andurien. I wouldn't be averse to meeting them if Catherine can bring herself to send sons that far from home.

Ian Davion is quoted as saying he has no designs on the Concordant. You've always been a belligerent but respectful neighbor and regrets the animosity between your two states. For all the shared dislike, you're a freedom loving people unlike the Combine (especially the combine) and Capallans whom he views as sadistic savages (and in the case of the Combine, warmongering sadistic savages)
Privately: 'Prince Ian is the best sort of Davion, the type who lead their armies directly away from the Concordat'. I don't think being more pro-Davion than that is politically wise at this point.
My official stance is that the Concordat and the Suns have a long history of antagonism. I don't see the need to shed more blood on those matters as they stand.

Polite but distant. Literally.

In general House Centrella approves of you.
That'll do for now. It'd be worth considering sending a diplomatic mission to discuss whether they'd be interested in Taurian support with their educational system in exchange for Canopian support with our medical system.

Extremely. :p

IE: Business as usual
Figures. Well, depending on how the Rollis matter goes, I may consider some operations there.

I don't think I have the credibility to send people off to look for lost Star League caches in the distance at the moment. However it may be worth seeing if we can put together a credible claim that the DCMS are building a major supply depot on Halstead Station on the location of an old Star League university and attach to this a 'theory' that the supply base is to cover efforts to recover some material from the university's remains. Then leak this to MIIO.

I think there's a reasonable chance that Ian Davion will launch a major effort to deal with the supply base/possible lostech cache.

And on the back of this, request a survey of Celeano to check for old Star League facilities that may have been missed in the confusion of Kerensky's withdrawal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back