1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Fluffy Tail (worm/ alt power Taylor story)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by OverReactionGuy, Apr 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

I am really interest is this fic, and would like to see it continue.

Emma's reaction is something I never saw in fic before, even through it's possible.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  2. Siggimondo

Siggimondo Voter

10/10 more plz

3. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Actually, her being less lethal could be ten times worse than if she just straight out killed them. Good thing this technically is not going to be a revenge story.

Emma is in a bad head space right now. Wont give any real spoilers but she is heading towards a mental breakdown a lot sooner then canon.

Prince Chrom and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  4. OverReactionGuy

I am going to take a small break from writing worm stories. One of the reasons is I am struggling with how I want this interlude to go in my quest and how I want the next chapter of A Fluffy Tail to go as well.

The main reason is, Worm brings out the worse in me, honestly. I keep on thinking of ways of how to either psychologically break Taylor or have Taylor break other people. One of the reasons why I read worm fanfics honestly. Because most of them are like watching a train wreck in slow motion and then laughing about it while eating popcorn.... yeah.

I don't know why the worm setting brings out my sadistic side, it just does.

So I am going to take a break from writing worm before I either railroad a bad ending in my happy quest or make everything burn in A Fluffy Tail.

And I am going to do it by writing a story in a setting filled with less hopeless despair and grim darkness.

A setting where the world keeps coming into danger and an immortal 10 year old always saves it.

Thats right.

I am going to write a pokemon OC story that I always wanted to do back when I was 15 years old.

I will more than likely get back on track with my worm stories next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

OverReactionGuy hasith spoken.

5. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Do some research. Death would be preferable to a Kitsune's non-lethal methods of revenge.
    That might be fun to read.:D

Prince Chrom likes this.
  6. OverReactionGuy

Summery of what is going on if you do not follow my stories on SV as well.

Comp is fucked, don't have money to replace it,lost important data that I rather I didn't loose, stories stalled until I figure something out.

Comp also might be less fucked up then I thought. But still fucked up.

Prince Charon likes this.
  7. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Ouch! My condolences. Hope things get better for you.

8. OverReactionGuy

status summery update.

People gave me options that I can use to at least save my data. Some might even allow me to continue writing again. And at least hold out until I get windows 7.

That is if my hardrive isn't fucked up and it was only windows that was fucked up.

Either way, comp still fucked, but there may be a bright unfucked light at the end of the tunnel.

9. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Well... when my computer goes KO'd, I typically uses Google Doc or Pastebin or random Facebook comment or many other things to save my work, really. But I'm sure you know about that already...

10. jrbless

jrbless You needed worthy opponents.

If it is just Windows that is fubared, use a bootable Linux CD or DVD to get the computer booted. From there, copy important stuff to an USB thumb drive. When it is working again, get a dropbox account and set it to synchronize a couple of your folders so that you always have a cloud storage backup.

11. OverReactionGuy

Great news!!! It wasn't my hardrive at all!

Using bootable USB Ubuntu and trying it out without installing it allowed me to find and get all the fucking data I would have lost back upped on my External harddrive!

WOOO!

Yep. People in the sv thread pointed me in that direction. Don't know about drop box. I'll Look into that later since this situation is going to make me back up crazy.

Since Ill be checking out google drive as well.

Prince Charon and Jack of Olives like this.
  12. UrsaTempest

Also, if you have Windows Live Account, chance are you are also registered to free Windows Skydrive, and it is available on pretty much every new Windows. I find them more convenient than Dropbox, at least for personal uses.

13. Starfox5

Starfox5 Experienced.

I use drop box, but for fanfiction, I use google docs.

14. Threadmarks: Chapter 3
    OverReactionGuy

Chapter 3 A Kitsune freak-out?!​

The way to the library passed peacefully, ironically. I guess even though my “kitsune” side hates humans, I wouldn't just randomly kill any that dare bump into me. Good to know really. Otherwise the bus ride would have turned into a blood bath.

But here I am standing in front of the library. It's actually a pretty old building with fading colors. But, it's a good library. One that wouldn't really question why a student is skipping school. Sure I might get a disapproving frown from the old librarian, but she wouldn't make a fuss.

I had slipped out of school a few times to come here. Times when the bullying started to really get to me. Times when they started getting me really angry, angry enough that I almost did something I'd regret. Like smashing Emma's face in a locker when she would reveal yet another secret I shared with her.

But no, I didn't do that. Because it would have been too obvious. Instead I just schooled my features and just endured yet another indignity, like I always did. And added it to the list.

I used to think my temper came from my father, but now I'm not so sure. I don't like to get angry. Anger never really solves anything. It didn't bring mom back when I saw father yelling at her corpse. So I've always took deep breaths to calm down.

Now though, I'm not so sure it would work. Something is messing with my head. I am angry, but also afraid. I'm afraid to find out what happened to me, which is why I've been hesitating to enter the library and just been staring at it for the past couple of minutes.

Not long enough to garner attention, but long enough that it wont be long before someone decides to bother me. Which would be rather unfortunate.

With a sigh, I started walking towards the entrance. Hesitant steps becoming more and more confidant as I reached my normal stride. I may be afraid at what I would find, but I need to find out what I am. For better or for worse.

I showed my card to the old librarian, and signed my name on the list so I could use a computer. Normally, if the library is busy, you can only spend a certain amount of time on a computer. But I guess I lucked out on coming here when I did.

Though the old woman did give me a small disapproving frown that I'm used to, the library is practically empty. I could still hear shuffling from people picking out their books and moving them around, but I'm rather alone in here. Which is a good thing because I don't like being crowded. It's not a new thing, I never liked crowds when growing up. One of the reasons I had problems making friends with other kids.

Still, even though the library is mostly empty at this time, I went to one of the more isolated computer stations. It also had the bonus of being practically out of sight from security cameras.

That satisfied my new found paranoia I've gained. With that said, I booted up the system, which took awhile as the computers here are a bit old, and when everything finally loaded I got on Internet explorer and typed in Kitsune on the search bar.

I think I made a terrible mistake when doing that.

A lot of the search results that came up were rather adult oriented, and well... an annoying meme of “touch the fluffy tail” also kept popping up.

I knew one thing, if anyone touches my fluffy tails without my explicit permission... I will break them.

Then I found some of the relevant links. I don't know whether to be horrified at some of the things I found, or angry.

I don't know how accurate my searches were, or how accurate the Wiki is but, most of the things I've read on kitsune painted a mixed picture.

Kitsune are tricksters, sometimes very vicious tricksters. Some were messengers of a god named Inari, some were worshiped in their own right. But trying to separate the myths from true facts is impossible. Besides the Hoshi no Tama. I don't have one. Which I am thankful for that.

What else I found, was how kitsune were seen by humans. They were taken as lovers, as holy guardians, seen as irredeemable monsters, creatures to fear, or a sickness in the case of a kitsune possession, and objects of hatred. The humans couldn't make up their minds.

Not to mention the cousins of kitsune who were always portrayed as monsters that ate human livers. Which is disgusting.Even when I was younger and curious, I only ate two humans whole. Which only netted me an upset stomach and regret. Bastards managed to run off while I was distracted, so I couldn't kill them for the insult.

As I continued reading various stories on kitsune, but I found myself getting increasingly agitated.

Some of the things I found, horrified me. Like the fact that humans would isolate a kitsune that was possessing someone and wait for the human to die, or just beat up the human in hopes that the kitsune would leave it.

Some of the things I found angered me, greatly. Like Tamamo no Mae's fate. All she wanted was be loved, but she was blamed for poisoning the emperor and hunted down like an animal. She begged for her life to be spared, because she was kind. She didn't want to kill the pathetic humans that were sent to kill her. But of course the humans didn't care about her side and she allowed herself get killed by them.

I would have just killed them all, for a nine-tails, Tamamo no Mae was rather naive about human nature.

After reading that, and other versions of the myth that painted Tamamo no Mae as the worlds greatest murder in history, which in itself doesn't make sense, since you don't murder an insect when you squash it. It was obviously the humans way of making themselves feel better for killing her, painting her as a monster to assuage their own guilt.The mouse started to creek as my grip tightened around it. I forced myself to take a break.

I tried calming down, but my conflicting emotions wouldn't. I was breathing heavily and worked up a nervous sweat. My anger wasn't at the level where others would feel it yet but it probably would be getting there soon. That is, if the part of me that is human wasn't having a nervous breakdown.

You see, I found out what probably happened to me and ignored it in favor of reading the Tamamo no Mae myth and looking up some more abilities I might have as a nine-tailed kitsune, but I couldn't ignore it forever.

Reincarnation; at some point in time a nine-tailed kitsune met my mother and went into one of her unborn embryos. Sorta like possession but not. Kitsunes generally only do it if they are greatly weakened.

But what does that make me? Am I Taylor Hebert, the rail thin, bullied, awkward, loner girl or am I a thousand year old fox just masquerading as Taylor in order to get their strength back?

I already know I'm different from when I woke up. I've become more violent and uncaring. My thoughts stray on to odd tangents. I have knowledge that I shouldn't have, and I never had a harder time controlling my temper than today. Doesn't that mean my kitsune side is finally awakening after getting it's strength back? Am I going to disappear?

The very thought chilled my body more than the cool, air-conditioned air of the library.

Some part of me, deep down, wouldn't mind that happening. But I still want to live, I still want to be myself. Doesn't matter if I was weak enough to let others beat me down. I still want to be me, but at the same, I could only ask myself, “why”?

I could do so much as a kitsune. I could take the fight to the gangs, help rid this city of such filth. There is so much I could do, that I couldn't as “Taylor Hebert,” normal human girl.

As my thoughts continued, my hands tightened into fists and my body twitched like I was ready to just slam my fist down and break the desk before me.

I...I...I need to calm down. Taking deep, calming breaths helped, but not fully. I'm also thankful that I picked such an out of the way computer to work with, no one saw me freaking out. Having someone ask if I'm alright or something would have only caused more problems than such condolences are worth.

Just to make sure that no one saw, or is coming this way to check on me, I took a few quick looks around. Seeing no one, I decided to go back on the computer. This time I searched for calming techniques, maybe ways I can keep my relative sanity when dealing with such conflicting emotions. I had already learned all I want to know about this worlds kitsune. Finding a way to make sure I am calm was much more important.

Most of my search results were useless, or just down right pointless for me to try. Some even suggested getting a hobby, such as knitting, or another hobby or two that are meticulous. I was ready to dismiss this entire search until one result caught my eye.

Meditation.

Making another quick search, apparently there are many ways to go about it, whether in a peaceful place, or not. Supposedly, it would help you maintain a calm state of mind, or clear your head of useless thoughts. Something in my gut tells me meditation would useful for other things as well, but it still sounded like something I need.

Maybe I could use it to pick out what thoughts are not mine, and what thoughts are the fox? Either way, I read on how one goes about meditating, and it's surprisingly simple. But I had a niggling feeling that there is a catch on why it's so easy. Maybe it's just hard to quiet your thoughts?

I'll be sure to find out later. Right now, I decided that it was time to leave. Clearing my search history and shutting the computer off, I got up and started walking towards the exit. I made sure to bid the librarian a good afternoon, if only to keep up the pretence that there is nothing wrong with me.

Which, of course, there is. After all, I found out a quite a few worrying things about me, my existence, and my fragile sanity. I took another deep breath after leaving the library. 'No Taylor... don't start breaking down here.' I thought and then started walking again. 'I need to find a nice quiet place to try out meditation.' But I had a feeling things are not going to be so simple even if I do learn how to meditate.

The bus ride to the local park was cramped and made me realize the bad side of having enhanced senses. Humans smell terrible in enclosed spaces, and are rather noisy. Still, at least I didn't have the urge to end them, even though they annoyed me. That's progress I guess.

As I walk through the park and head further down a trail in the woods I couldn't help but feel nostalgic. The tall trees, the smell of the air, the sound of small animals scurrying about is all familiar to me. I always did feel at peace everytime mother would take me down this path. More at home than I ever felt in the city. I guess I know why now.

It's one of the reasons why I chose to come here than returning home. I couldn't help but sigh when I thought of home. I really did not want to face my father right now. I don't know whether he would be disappointed or angry at me for receiving a two week suspension from school, or maybe worried about me since I witnessed Blackwell nearly dieing. I'm a bit surprised that the police didn't seem to have called him or anything. At least I hope they didn't.

Oh well, that's one thing I'll need to deal with when I head home. I don't think it's time for him to be home anyway. Still, walking through the woods is rather peaceful to me, and there is a clearing ahead that people rarely come to that would be perfect to try out meditation.

When I reached the clearing, on a whim, I changed back to the form I woke up in this morning. All nine of my tails are out and this time it seems I didn't need to make a whole in my jeans. Which is good, and kinda makes me wonder if my shape-shifting also affects clothes. Something to think about later.

I started to stretch a bit, to work out the “kinks” I felt from staying in my Taylor form for so long. Which brings me back to the reason I'm here in the first place. Am I already thinking of Taylor Hebert as nothing but a mask to show people?

I know I feel much better like this. All the problems I had with the Taylor body are gone, I'm no longer too tall and thin with lanky limbs. Instead, my body is more developed with a much more mature figure. Though having reddish-orange hair is odd for a human, I'm not a human now, but a kitsune assuming a human form.

I sighed once more. It always comes back to that doesn't? Am I Taylor Hebert, a human who turns into a kitsune, or am I a kitsune believing herself to be a human? All I know is, this question didn't bother me as much as it did in the library.

“Taking a form that's somewhere in-between must be helping with that.” I mused and walked towards the center of the clearing.

“Still this area really brings back memories.” I said and sat down at the center of the clearing. Content to feel the breeze. “I wonder if talking to myself means I'm going crazy?”

I sighed again. This time I crossed my legs and moved my hands to the center of my lap, mimicking the meditative position I saw on the Internet.

I closed my eyes and started trying to clear my thoughts, but my mind couldn't help but wonder whether being crazy is a likely possibility for my situation. I could very well just be a delusional parahuman that thinks she's a centuries old kitsune.

But that wouldn't explain some of the memories. Like who was the first human besides the old man who befriended me. Naruto. Or what chakra is. A force of nature. Or was that just information planted in my head so I'll be able to use my power without months on end experimenting?

My instincts say that that's wrong, but when did I develop those instincts? Another facet of my power? How can I trust what I 'know'?

My thoughts continued to drift,to my home, to the parents that raised me, and my other memories that I have forgotten.

It wasn't until later that my head finally cleared and I opened my eyes. I was in a forest, but not the one I meditated in. This was the forest of my birth, the forest where the old man raised me and my siblings when we were little. I saw where the forest merged with a run down city. I saw the house I currently called home, where I was raised as Taylor Hebert.

Above all I saw a fox as big as a mountain. His color a blood red and orange mix. He stared back at me, his lips curled in a fierce snarl, as if he was angry. But I could tell he wasn't. Even if he was baring his teeth at me, he's not actually angry. I don't know how I could tell, but I just knew.

A name came to me. One that felt like I had known my entire life.

“Kurama.” I said causing the fox to smirk at me with amusement. Yes... Kurama used to be my name. Or is it his name?

“Who am I?” I asked and “Kurama” only tilted his head in puzzlement.

But there was one more issue I couldn't help but notice. One in hindsight, wasn't really all too important.

What happened to Kurama's ninth tail?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  15. Vanargandr

Vanargandr Connoisseur.

Wonder if One Tail Taylor will have playful bursts and shapeshifting

[​IMG]

16. OverReactionGuy

D'awww.

17. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Tamamo-no-Mae not Mai

Let's hope Taylor doesn't meditate too long, she might have to go home at night, and I pity anyone who dares obstruct her.

18. OverReactionGuy

Damn... I thought I fixed that. Thanks for catching that btw.

-edit-

My ittalics were also ate! SIgh.... I'm going to be fixing that, sorry for those that already read it, you were probably confused on some things then.

-edit-

Everything should be fixed now.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  19. Asheram

Asheram Know what you're doing yet?

I actually read this one a few days ago but passed it up in belief that it was dead, so I'm glad to see you up and about, boss! Eagerly looking forward to more!

20. Vanargandr

Vanargandr Connoisseur.

NOT SURE IF I SHOULD POST THIS AT SV SO HERE GOES

Loli Taylor?
    [​IMG]

Iceflame55, Jiven, daimahou and 2 others like this.
  21. OverReactionGuy

Yeah, that might have been toying the line at SV if ya posted that there. Looks adorable though.

Iceflame55 likes this.
  22. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Broken image, always rehost on imgur or another free image site(except photobucket *shudders* so many javascripts....no idea what they do...so much lag...) when posting an image because pretty much every site has something to break image hotlinking to prevent a drain on their servers.

Czlyydwr Llrngwl likes this.
  23. Vanargandr

Vanargandr Connoisseur.

So found this thinks it fits the situation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So gifs aren't working for me

check here: http://imgur.com/zdPGbAz

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  24. Argentorum

Argentorum Free Cat

One that doesn't seem important in hindsight? That a Kitsune lost a tail, even though Taylor still has all nine?

Well that's something. Even if I'm not sure what.

25. Makahl

Makahl Know what you're doing yet?

Actually that's the first thing that really sprung out to me since it implies that Taylor absorbed one of kurama his tails.

Czlyydwr Llrngwl likes this.
  26. Threadmarks: Chapter 4
    OverReactionGuy

Chapter 4- Mental Shenanigans​

“What happened to your ninth tail?!” I blurted the question before I even realized it and I was treated to the sight of a giant fox sighing and putting a paw on his forehead.

I knew it probably was a stupid question to ask honestly, but it at least distracted me from the identity crisis I was starting to have. Besides, in the memories I inherited, Kurama always had nine tails. So seeing him without nine tails is just weird.

Having nine tails was something I was proud of, as it was a symbol that I was the strongest amongst my siblings. And there I go again... having thoughts inserted in my head is rather annoying. Hell, Kurama is right there! So I obviously can't be Kurama! But nooo, even in my own mindscape, my thoughts and his are mixed!

...Mindscape?

I turned to look around once more, ignoring the rather exasperated fox as I took in the scenery. There was a gentle breeze blowing through that made my ears twitch on top of my head and caused the trees to sway with it. The forest was peaceful, which contrasted the downwritten city that was merged with the forest. Even in the distance I could see faceless shadows going about their business, not caring for the trees that are in the middle of the road and even through some houses.

'So, this is what my mindscape looks like.' I thought to myself, looking over the decimated city sadly. I had no idea what the city symbolized in my mind, nor the forest, but it still makes me rather sad seeing it like that. But at least it's better than a dank, smelly sewer.

I heard Kurama cough behind, getting my attention, and I turned around to focus on him once more.

He sighed once again and I tilted my head in response.

“Being human made you either stupid or unobservant.” Kurama stated, as if he was speaking to a mere child. “I can't tell what is the worst of the two.”

“Hey!” I shouted back in indignation. I crossed my arms under my breasts and galred at the mountain sized fox. Probably not the best idea I ever had, but I was too pissed off to care.

“Look behind you, kit.” He said, using the same condescending tone he took ever since he decided to speak.

I continued to glare at him, which made him sigh once more, before I relaxed and turned around and looked at the city behind me once more.

“I already saw the city behind me.” I said, turning back to Kurama.

His eye twitched, I smirked.

“You're doing that on purpose.” He observed.

“Maybe.” I responded cheekily and moved my new found tail, that I've just realized I had, to my front. Annoying him is better than being embarrassed at not noticing I had a tail before he pointed that out.

“So... is this your tail?” I questioned, pointing at my new fluffy tail. I resisted the urge to start petting it. It was rather tempting.

“Yes, and no.” The eight-tailed kitsune answered vaguely. My left ear twitched.

“Yes that it was your tail and no since it's mine now?” I asked in annoyance, letting my tail go back behind me. Kurama smirked.

“No.” The fox replied smugly.

“What.” I stated flatly.

“The tail was always yours and not mine. Just as the name Kurama is not mine to claim.” The fox said calmly and I gave him my complete attention. “It's yours, at least it was.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, though I knew the answer already. He gave me a “are you really that dense look” that I found rather rude.

“It means...” Not Kurama starts speaking slowly, thinking that I wouldn't understand what he was saying if he doesn't. “That you are Kurama and I am just a mental representation of what you once were. Your power, your memories, are all within me.”

“I...I see.” I nearly stuttered from the shock of having that revealed to me bluntly and took a step back. As if keeping my distance from the shadow of who I once was would make it go away. But there as something that didn't get explained, so I asked. “What did you mean by “was” though?

The fox just looked at me for the longest time before saying, “You are a mistake that shouldn't of happened.”

What?!

When the light cleared I found myself in a clearing. I managed to do it,I managed to travel to a different dimension and live. For a short while at least.

I found myself weakened greatly from the crossing, instead of being as tall as a mountain I'm back to being as tall as a human, like when I was a kid. But even then I could tell my form is destabilizing quickly.

This world... this world has no chakra so it's absorbing it greedily, and I'm still weaken from brute forcing my way here. Making it hard to stabilize my form; to prevent the world from eating me.

Heh, so this is how I die, eaten by a planet. Well, I knew my survival was a long shot when I did this anyway. At least the Juubi will never be born again with my death. Still, I wonder how much time I have left before I disappear completely.

My ears twitched when I heard the bushes shake signaling something coming this way. I turned in the direction of the sound and saw a human girl crawling determinedly through the bushes, even humming a little tune, for some odd reason. She stood up and started dusting off her pant legs, for a lot of good that did as she was covered in dirt and grim. She smiled to herself and wiped a hand across her cheeks, which only spread the mud on her face further, and then said the oddest thing.

Mission complete!” She exclaimed with a fist pump. “I am totes the best at hide and seek!”

With that said she started looking around to see if anyway heard her before she caught sight of me and froze. Her green eyes becoming tiny little pinpricks.

Yo.” I said casually, waving one of my front paws.

Hehehe.” She managed to say before she dropped like a rock.

'Amusing.' I thought with a smirk. 'Though this may be my lucky break.' I started moving towards her, even when I felt more of myself being consumed. 'There may be a chance I could live after all.' I stared at the fainted girl and gently lifted her shirt up to expose her belly.

I require an anchor in this world, a place that would allow me time to stabilize my form and recover my strength so I can prevent the world from consuming me. Therefore, I am going to do what no other Bijuu has done before. Seal myself inside this little girl. I'm sure that, given my current weaken state, she wont explode. Best of all, I should be able to release myself anytime I please.

I placed a paw on her belly and started to manipulate my chakra the best of my current ability. My form started to destabilize faster and I gritted my teeth. My red chakra swirled around us before exploding in a brilliant red light.

Annette?!” I heard a voice call out. “Where are you?!” Was the final thing I heard before everything faded to black.

I recoil away from the fox as the memory hit me. I start breathing heavily even though I'm in my own mind.

“Kurama never meant to reincarnate as a human as you saw.” The eight-tail fox stated. “The human named “Taylor Hebert” was never supposed to exist, therefore you are a mistake.”

I tried to calm myself glare at the fox but it simply laid down and rested his head on his paws than react to my poor attempt at cowing it. Red started to tint my vision and I bared my teeth in fury.

“I'm not a mistake!” I yelled at the fox, clenching my fists, I was filled with the overwhelming urge to lash out and hurt the eight-tail fox before me. I managed to hold myself back as I knew deep down that it would do nothing but make me seem like a flailing little child throwing a tantrum. “I knew the chances of actually completing the seal in the state I was in were slim!”

“Oh?” The shadow of what I once was stated simply. He wasn't at all intimidated by the sheer rage I was showing, nor the overwhelming threat I represented. Him being so nonchalant about this just pissed me off further. Just like that insufferable smug smile he was showing me.

“Don't “Oh” me!” I scream in my rage; my red chakra began to swirl around me. “I will not let a mere shadow of myself look down on me!” The wind started to pick up around me, trees started to bend with some of the thinner ones already breaking. The eight-tail fox just continued to smile, not even bothered by the harsh winds I was creating.

I am not a mistake!”I roared! The wind became more intense and turned into a great storm that decimated my once peaceful surroundings.

When the storm finished, I stood there panting. I didn't look around to see my surroundings and only looked at the giant fox that didn't even budge one inch, nor did he look at all injured. His smile turned into a full fledge grin as we stared at eachother.

“It doesn't matter to me if you're a mistake or not.” He stated when I was catching my breath from my outburst. “I am merely a safeguard that was created to prevent you from becoming nothing but a mindless beast of hatred and destruction.”

“W-what?” I said between breaths and looked at the fox in confusion.

“As the eldest of the nine, you were the closes to the ten-tails; in likeness and possible temperament.” He chuckled. “You did have a nasty temper when you were younger.”

“What?” I repeated, this time more clearly; still lost on what the kitsune meant.

The giant fox gave the impression of a sigh.

“I'm a failsafe in-case you ever were fully consumed by hatred. If that ever happened I was created to remind you of what you were and help you regain yourself.”

“Then why the hell did you make me angry?!” I shouted at the giant smug looking bastard; no longer panting to catch my breath.

“Because you were only using chakra by your instinct and I wanted to make you aware of that fact.” The fox answered calmly. “Plus it was rather embarrassing to see.”

My eye twitched.

“Asshole.” I stated, putting all my annoyance at the mental construct in one word.

“Takes one to know one.” He replied smugly.

Ouch... I walked right into that one.

But something he said just stood out to me.

“The old man created you right?” I asked, already knowing the answer. The giant eight tail kitsune nodded his head. “What would have happened if you weren't? Would I still have awakened my memories?”

“I assume so, just that instead of safely regaining your memories in small parts, you would have remembered all of them at once.”

My eyes widen in surprised before I shut them. I rubbed my forehead, just imagining the headache that probably would have caused me.

“I don't know what would have happened then, but I could take a guess.” He stated, this time completely serious. “You probably would have went berserk for awhile until you finished assimilating all of your memories... it wouldn't have been pretty.”

That was something I could agree with.

“Why are you missing a tail though?” I asked, honestly curious.

“Because it was either through sheer coincidence or luck that I'm even allowed to help you to safely regain your memories in the situation we've found ourselves in. Us reincarnating, or even brute forcing ourselves to get to another dimension was not something the old man could have seen coming.” He paused his expression turning serious. “When all nine of my tails are gone, that will mean you've fully awakened your birthright and I would disappear completely... That will also mean you would no longer have a safeguard if you ever get fully consumed by your hatred; you will need to be careful about that.”

“I see.” I simply stated as I honestly didn't know what else to say to him. What was I supposed to feel about him disappearing anyway? Sadness? Pity? I wasn't even aware of his existence until I came here.

“Now that you're done redecorating the forest...” He stated and I felt the strongest urge to punch the bastard. Any pity I would have felt from his fading existence completely vanished without a trace. “You should probably go.”

“Why?” I asked and crossed my arms under my breast. I do what I want when I want afterall. That hasn't changed throughout the years.

“While I honestly find it amazing that you managed to visit your mindscape in the first place.” He said and then yawned; I started to growl at the perceived insult. “I don't know how long you were in here so it's probably getting late and you don't want your 'father' to get worried now do you?” He closed his eyes, getting ready to sleep. Completely removing the wind from my sails as I realized the kitsune was probably right. But...

“I still have questions though.” I said and started to tap my left foot. He opened his eyes again with a sigh.

“And you'll have your answers.” He stated calmly.

“Am I going to go insane and go on a rampage, killing everyone in my wake?” I questioned. This was something I was worried about all day and something I really want to know.

“I don't know, are you?” He answered my question with a question. I twitched again.

“That's not an answer.” I stated coolly.

“And I can only answer questions that you yourself know already.” He countered.

I sighed and rubbed in my annoyance.

“Thanks for the help.” I sarcastically said

“You're welcome.” He stated smugly. His annoying little smirk made an appearance again and I resisted the urge to yell at him. I still had my arms to my sides and my hands clenched into fists.

I relaxed and reminded myself that trying to kill the smug bastard was a bad idea. I then took a deep calming breath and asked. “How do I leave?”

“Think.” He unhelpfully stated.

I twitched.

Instead of trying to strangle a giant mountain size fox, I closed my eyes to do exactly that. Focusing on an exit. When I next opened my eyes I was back in the clearing I meditated in. I could see the sun starting to set and the area start to darken. I put a hand over my face and sighed. That experience was more tiring than it should have been.

And then I remembered something the eight-tailed kitsune pointed out and sighed again.

“Now how am I going to explain this to dad?” I asked myself, knowing that he was probably home already and worried about me. I couldn't exactly say I was inside my own mind.

Then I suddenly heard a bush rustle just like in my memory that started this entire mess; I jumped up and looked into the direct of the sound. Only to fall because my legs fell asleep from sitting like I had been for the past couple of hours.

'Well... that was embarrassing.' I thought to myself, and I swore I heard the smug bastard laugh in my head.

Two foxes came out from the bushes and saw me. Instead of running away, they moved closer to me and then bowed.

“Good evening, mistress.” One barked and the other one nodded her head.

I realized I could understand what foxes are saying.

Huh... that's new.

GooGuM, Sorain, PNWFox and 36 others like this.
  27. UrsaTempest

...so, Taylor is Kurama?

28. Starfox5

Starfox5 Experienced.

Good chapter! Nice revelations. And a cute cliffhanger. Of sorts.

29. OverReactionGuy

Pretty much yeah.

Lupercal likes this.
  30. Zarbapha

Zarbapha Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

• Rule 7 break: Do not necro.
    Huh. A weird possession, which I saw coming, turned into a reincarnation?
    That was a twist I didn't expect.